Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,463

Getting results of lung scan today. Feeling slightly nervous but mostly OK.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

thinking of Candy and Mara waiting to get results or needing pocket duty

• RosieRed
    RosieRed Member Posts: 209

Hope all goes well, Candy.

• micmel
    Since I am still so down about my precious deeohgee I had something made for my boys.
  • micmel

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,720

Thinking about you all today and wishing us the best luck.

My aunt (mom’s sister) passed away last night from MBC. I only met her once, a few years ago, so I’m not personally affected too much, just a bummer. She was a jehovas witness and autistic, so everything was kept to herself pretty much. She was diagnosed de novo 10 years ago and had a good long run on treatment but had a lot of progression recently and chemo just couldn’t kick it this time.

I’m waiting on MRI results today and planning to run some errands, then just relax regardless of what the day brings.

• micmel

I’m sorry for the loss Mae. MBC sucks

• illimae

Thanks Micmel, it definitely sucks but I’m grateful. She served as both a warning (she was 1st, then my mom, then me) and an inspiration of sorts, knowing that she was diagnosed de novo and had been going well for 5 years with MBC at the time I was diagnosed helped me see that years were possible and at the time, I really needed that.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

It will be a longer day for me, too. I get my second COVID shot at 10:00. Then I have an appointment with my MO at 12:45, but I'm going to have my husband take me there early, after my shot, so that he doesn't have to do a lot of running back and forth. My infusion got pushed back to 2:00 PM, and then DH has a dentist appointment as 2:30. I'll wait for him to finish that and then come pick me up. It's just a lot of waiting around, but I have my Kindle, some knitting and my iPhone. At least I can get my blood work done before my appointment with my MO. I usually do it the day before, but I just didn't have it in me to go out yesterday.

Hope you all have a good Wednesday.

Carol

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

Candy, Mara. Mae, Sunshine..... thinking of you all.  Micmel, what a lovely picture of the pooches that is!

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

In pockets for all having medical things today—Mara, Candy, Mae, Sunshine. Sorry if i missed anyone.

Mel, Your Tag & Deeohgee portrait is beautiful. I hope it reminds you of happy times!

My own issue at the moment is still dental stuff. I got a temporary crown last week and have been pretty achy at times. I was called to come back in tomorrow for a redo of the impression, which was the worst part for me. Bad enough to make me dread being back in that chair ever again. Now I get to do it again. Also, just got another denial from my insurance company on my February ablation. Apparently the pre authorization was not sent in. I’m waiting it out until it either gets approved or I get a bill. MRI coming up in a couple weeks. DH and I took a drive to some wineries yesterday, which was fun. Pretty day and pretty scenery. And enjoyable wine too 😊

• mara51506

Mel, beautiful tribute to your furry family.

Got my lung scan results, the stuff they worried about is gone. They are happy with my bloodwork too. Next CT will be July, just my abdomen. MRI for brain in june.

• ilowen
    ilowen Member Posts: 78

Candy, Mae, Sunshine - You’re in my thoughts today.

Mara - Wonderful news!

Mel - Such a beautiful portrait. They were such gorgeous dogs.

I just finished throwing everything into the pot to make some beef broth. I’ve made vegetable broth many times but have never tried beef broth so we’ll see how it goes. Even though it barely started simmering, it already smells delicious. It may be hard not to snack all day! It’s supposed to be warm today so I’m hoping the wind isn’t too bad and I can sit on the deck this afternoon to read. It’s always more relaxing to be outside. A glass of wine, a good book and a bit of sun ... heavenly.

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719

Great news Mara!

Mae it does sound reassuring that your aunt managed so long.

First scan on Xeloda results today 4 cycles in.
    Stable!

No signs of progression and some evidence of healing in bone met on my sternum. Delighted as we've also just managed to get the dosage to a point where I can cope.

• illimae

Got the call early. My spine is clear, yay!

I’m off to the store now and getting some vodka for a celebration cocktail.

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719

Yaaay Mae!

• ilowen
    ilowen Member Posts: 78

Karen and Illimae, great news!

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

mel - beautiful artwork of your boys

mae - my condolensces on your family's loss. Good luck with your scan

mara - yay, glad your lung stuff is gone & you're good to go for a few months!

karenfizedbo - yippee for stable! How awesome is that! I hope xeloda is your thing for many years.

not much new for me. Yesterday I was all out of sorts and ended up dozing most of the day. I can't tell if it was physical or emotional fatigue but whichever - I was just flat, flat, flat. Much better today. My tumor markers are trending up a teeny bit so that's making me anxious. I'm hoping it's just inflammation from the pneumonitis and allergies and that my scans in the next few days will all be good.

I was thinking how each day on first line of tx makes me more stressed because each day I'm a day closer to the cliff of progression & having to switch. So it's weird, I'm both happy & stressed by my length of time on this line.

hugs everyone

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

illimae: would love to celebrate with you with a vodka-something. I love a "classic" with just a dash of vermouth and three olives but - pretty much any vodka cocktail is quite alright by me. Gotta watch my liver though :-(

moth: I understand the flat/flat. The emotional baggage is dreadful. I hope for you a decent scan and a good run on the tx. We ladies have to meet up again in Vancouver some time when the Plague has run its course.

• jhl
    jhl Member Posts: 175

Mae - wonderful news on your scan. I will join you in a cocktail this evening to celebrate. Condolences on the loss of your aunt.

Mara - wonderful news for you as well!

Micmel - you had such beautiful dogs. I hope their memories are bringing you comfort.

• illimae

Here’s my cocktail, it’s in the high 80’s and I’m feeling very summer-y today.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,358

Karen, Illimae, Yay on great results. I have an MRI next week for new spine mets and a CT for abdomen the next week. I will celebrate with you for as long as I can!

Mel, beautiful dogs.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 725

Love hearing good news on scans etc. Sighs of relief can be heard.

Beautiful pups memorial. Where did you have it done Mel?

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Congrats for the good news for Mae, Mara,and Karen!

Mel - that is a lovely tribute to both doggos, its adorable.

Was pretty wiped out today after yesterday and took it easy. Neupogen injection this morning was a piece of cake and didn't give me too much hassle, just a slight headache and some fatigue. I guess the Clarityn regimen is paying off. One more tomorrow morning and hoping that will put me over the line for bloods tomorrow afternoon.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

So great to hear good news for Mae, Mara, and Karen! Yippee!

Candy, I hope your biopsy went ok and you had no pain or discomfort

• mara51506

Karen, Mae, so glad you got good news as well. We can all use more of that.

It was warm and sunny here when I was headed home, could have been super sweaty but I tried out my neck fans. They look goofy but they last a long time and keep me much more comfortable while walking. Kept my mask dry at the cancer clinic too. Highly recommended for anyone who gets over heated.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

mara, can you pls share an amazon link or similar to the neck fans?

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Great news Karen Mae Mara great news. Doing the happy dance for you guys.

Sondra hope the nupagen does the trick quickly.

Hopefully candy and Booboo will check in tomorrow.

Tany

• mara51506

https://www.amazon.com/Hands-Free-Portable-Neck-Fan/dp/B07S737P48/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=neck+fan&qid=1619648012&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyTzQ2V0lLTEQzM1ZHJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNDc5OTQxMlg3RzRTUTY0UzBNUCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzY2ODg0MUZGVVhKM1g3QU9NUiZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

I put the amazon.com link. I am in Canada but these are similar to what I used. Cheap, they lasted the whole morning through afternoon although i did brin a portable charger it was charging while I had my infusion. Totally worth it to me, cooled down much faster than I would have.

• mara51506

I just had the nicest UBER driver ever, I booked a round trip so I could pick up my new phone and did not feel like taking the bus or bugging my DB. Well, we were chatting and the subject of cancer came up. Turns out his wife dealt with breast cancer as well in the same cancer centre. He was very kind because there was a bit of line outside purolater since only 2 customers could be in there at once. I only paid for the trip there, he canceled the trip from purolator to my place. I thought that was the nicest thing to do. I appreciate random acts of kindness when they happen.