Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

Runor, I’ll definitely post a breakfast pic. When I was in the hospital last Valentine’s Day the dinner special included a lobster bisque. Not the best I’ve had but it certainly was a treat.

• beaverntx
    beaverntx Member Posts: 2,962

My son, who is currently an inpatient at MD Andersen, agrees with you Illimae that the food there is better than in most hospitals!

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

welcome beaver~ I myself don’t like hospital food. I can’t imagine it being good. I’ll take your word for it.

I was thinking today about how I have no energy none. Even the adderall looses it umppmmmhhh after the four hours It’s a pain in the ass to have a chronic sickness to make you this sick and this limited to things you used to do. I hate feeling hopeless. Daily. I’m wearing a hole in my couch. I just feel bored. If I’m bored. My sweet DH must be also.

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Booboo1 - sorry, I skipped out for a few days but I have been thinking of you. In terms of the walker, I definitely used it for the better part of a month. I hated it. I was able to walk with crutches pretty well at three weeks, if I remember right, but I wanted to be super stable on that leg and able to bear some weight on it comfortably before I was willing to push crutches. Just for stability sake. I was reasonably athletic before all of this but I was terrified of falling. I was definitely walking with a cane by 6 weeks and now at 14 months out I am functionally independent except for a little bit of stiffness in the quads and glutes on that side. The first two weeks were definitely the hardest part.

Mae - Good Lord! That picture made me cringe all the way to the toes! Definitely down for pocket duty on Friday and I will bring dessert!

I got word yesterday that my PET scan is scheduled for Friday. We are not expecting to find anything but since it's been such a rough month and I continue to have pain in my left chest area and left shin my doc felt it was warranted. I try not to worry about these things, it seems like imaging should be so routine at this point. I will update when I know something.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Emac, my pt didn't offer me the use of a walker, I was put straight on crutches. She did come every day for the first 2 weeks though after I went home, by the end of the 6 weeks I was down to one crutch, then I just used a walking stick if I was going to be doing a lot of walking.

Mel, I feel for you with not being able to do much in a day, this new chemo has zapped all my energy, I'm napping 2 to 3 hrs a day unless I have Finn but after he leaves I'm exhausted and asleep in my chair 10 mins later.

In your pocket as well Emac for your petscan on Friday, along with being there for Mae for her radiation treatment. Well its 2pm here and I'm on pickup duty for Finn today so I'd better get a wriggle on, take care everyone no matter where this week takes you.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Emac,

Thanks for the update. I know once I’m 6 months out, I will be glad I did this operation. But right now, I’d like to throw the stinking thing (walker) in the pool!!!

Mae, pocket duty for sure on Friday. I’ll bring caramel corn (my sister bought some for me in one of the local towns that they went to yesterday).

Mel, I think of you every day with hope, and pray that you can find a way to accept your disease and live with it. Big hugs.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Thinking about Mel and Candy.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Mae and Emac, in your pockets tomorrow. You both seem ready to go, mentally. Mae, your pic with the bolts was kind of startling, but good that you're experienced and once the needle part is done you're ok with it. Is that a one time rads treatment or more?

My post ablation liver MRI is coming up on Tuesday. I think it'll tell whether they zapped everything or missed some. There was a question about that in the CT right after the procedure in Feb. Hoping for nothing new (like we all do).

Going today for my first pedicure since Covid started last year. I only get them during sandal weather, so last spring and summer I figured I'd just skip them. I even got to liking the plain look. But I also enjoy the colors, so here I go!

Hello to all. I hope it's going ok today. 🌷

• micmel

reporting for any needed pocket duty.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,462

I am in pockets for Mae and Emac. Pockets for anyone I missed.

Enjoy your pedicure Rosie, you surely deserve it.

Worrying about Candy now. Hope she will be able to check in when able too.

Not too much going on here, still in full lockdown so not much opened up.

It is a beautiful sunny but much cooler day, done two walks so far, picking up the mini donuts I LOVE at the burger joint since I really don't enjoy the beef burgers anymore. Suppose if I wanted to feel like I was eating harveys could just sub an english muffin, use one of my meatless patty options, throw some cheese on top and if need be, order up some onion rings and a mini pepsi, Would be cheaper and better tasting than the burger they offer there. We will see, ordered out last night so need to keep it to the minimum.

One thing rankled me during my second walk. The garbage and recycle people left the garbage and recycle bins in the MIDDLE of the sidewalk. Not everyone will be home. Out of more selfishness than a good deed, I did actually move the containers closer to the houses to get them out of the way. Common sense garbage people, you are paid a lot for your job which is hard work but at least put the containers more on one side.

• micmel

reporting for any needed pocket duty.

I’m taking it one day at a time. I miss my Deeohgee. No other way to put it.

• micmel

some little angel mailed me a sticker with a paw print that says love. Now only few people have my address. I appreciate you taking the time to show me you care about my loss. What a special person/thing to do. Thank you for making me smile. I'll put it on my van. Good people are truly here in this place. We have. So thank you very much! (Santa)

• Rosie24

Worried about Candy too.

• kittykat9876

I'm also worried about her, this isn't like her at all.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

have the stage 4s seen the invite to the Zoom meeting on Mondays? If the time of day doesn't work, the mods said they find another slot for us.

Mondays, 2-3 pm ET, starting May, 2021

eta the link to the post & zoom instructions/registration https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/...

• illimae

Rosie, it’s a single treatment and is very similar to an MRI, only takes about 30 minutes and with this procedure they play my choice of music. Last time I had them play UB40 and was told over the speaker that I must stop tapping my toes, lol.

Moth, I haven’t heard about the zoom but will look into it.

Gamma knife is all set. No food after midnight, which is standard but I’ve got to wake up at 4:45 (much earlier than my usual 8am) and leave by 5:15 for check in at 6am. I’m tired just thinking about how early it is, ugh.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Rosie - I got a pedicure today too for the first time in ages and can't stop marveling at how soft the bottom of my feet are! And the gal gave me the best foot massage ever - so nice to have at least one part of my body feel pretty!

Mae - best wishes for tomorrow

Boo - glad you are mending,the time will pass quick!

I keep checking in to see of any news from Candy. I may have missed it somewhere - was she in pain for something suspected to be kidney stones?

• kittykat9876

Hi, just letting you all know I've heard from Candy, she's been in the hospital since Monday and has just got home, she's really tired and will be back tomorrow. She doesn't have a smart phone so couldn't check in but she's OK now, I'll let her tell you all about it when she checks in tomorrow.

• illimae

Thanks kittykat, we were wondering on multiple threads.

I found the virtual stage IV meet up. It’s under active topics/announcements/virtual meet ups. Here’s the screenshot. You have to register with your name and email. I’ll do my best to pop in snd check it out.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,044

KittyKat-Thanks for the update on Candy. I've been so worried about her and figured she must be in the hospital or she would post. Look forward to reading her update tomorrow.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

re the Zoom meetup for Stage IV, I also updated my post above with the link to the page where you register & get the zoom id etc

thx for letting us know Candy is home, kittykat!

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Thanks for candy news kittykat

Mae I would not be able to fall asleep for thinking that I would oversleep. Pocket duty with cheesey popcorn.
    Emac pocket duty for your scans tomorrow.

It’s really amazing to see the concern that we have for each other. Brings tears to my eyes. Mel your living room is a warm caring cove.

Booboo Moth Duth Chris I hope you’re healing well.

Waving hello to all.

Tanya

• micmel

Thank you for the news of candy. I hope it. Wasn’t too bad we all know those hospital stays. Wear out their welcome awfully quickly.

I have everyone else on my mind. Hope recovering is going good BooBoo and Anyone else on the mend.

Bev Jen thinking of you.

Tanya. I adore you.

• Rosie24

kittykat, Thanks for letting us know about Candy. I’m glad she’s home and will look for her post.

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

Mae, riding along with you to grab your toes should you feel the need to boogie woogie at an inopportune moment.

Waiting to hear if Candy had any of this good, mythical hospital food that Mae speaks about. Look forward to hearing from her. 

Sondra, congrats on having nice feet!  I think you're brave to even let someone touch your feet. I would be squealing and laughing and yanking my feet away. No touch!

Hugs and healing to all.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

So glad our Candy is ok. I’ve also been worrying about her, so good to know she is ok.

Mae: I’m sending happy thoughts your way.

Waving hi to all and hoping today is a good one. PT is coming again today to torture me, so once that’s over I’m hoping for the rest of the day to enjoy the beautiful weather

Thank you, also, for all of you who have cheered me on to recovery. I really do feel a bit stronger every day.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

I am back.

I have not read your posts yet--- Looks like I have a lot to review, from back to May 3. I came here first today to post.

Well, it was not kidney stones. I have been in the hospital since Monday afternoon with a blood clot to the lung, a PE, pulmonary emboli.

I had pain to my right side and right back Sunday night. I thought it was a kidney stone. I have had stones in the past. But it felt different too--- higher on the back and sharper. I should have went to ER on Sunday night. I just stayed home and forced fluids. On Monday I contacted my PCP. He said to call my MO since I had the liver biopsy last Wednesday. I contacted MO nurse. She said to go to local ER. So I went on Monday afternoon. They did a CT scan and then a VQ scan and admitted me with a PE. I was on a Heparin IV drip. Now I am home on Eliquis.

Sorry I could not check in. My cell phone is not a Smart phone so I did not have Internet. And my computer was at home.

I will go back and read the last few pages now. Hope you all are ok.

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

Mae- in your pocket.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,044

Candy-That sounds like a pretty scary experience. Glad it was caught in time and that you are home now. I also do not have a smart phone and don't want one. We are a small club now.

Thinking of you Mae-hope all goes well.

• micmel

Candy~so relieved to see you. I’m sorry about your ordeal. Don’t ever apologize, we just care a lot. Hugs to you. Feel better please.

Pocket duty for Mae and anyone else who needs an annoying fussy snacker in their pockets

Thinking of you all!