Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Rosie- Added. :)

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Happy Mother's Day to all the mums and mums to furry kids, I hope you all have a wonderful day. I had a relaxing day, got calls from my kids over East and Beck and I are going to have a nice lunch next weekend when we can take Finn with us, Beck's present was a day of rest, no work and no kids.

I'm here for pocket duty for anyone with scans coming up and I hope everyone's recovery continues to go as well as possible.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Thank you Candy, Rosie, and all. I will be starting Xeloda on or around 5/13.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,462

Rosie same here. I used to think I would ignore today but I just cannot do that so although there are a few tears I will still celebrate her. She has only been gone two years so it is somewhat fresh and I am alone as well. I figure the walking and dinner is a good plan for me today. I also heard from my nephew who I don't see after my younger brother and I parted ways. I miss him so very much. I told him that as well for the first time today, won't change things but want him to know I care and still love him so much.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 725

Had a wonderful visit with my daughter and her family. Only took our youngest golden with me and we reprised last years Mother’s Day photo. Subjects could have been Ford models last year; this year Mariah and granddaughter Layla are the newest Disney models - lol!

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Goldens,

These pictures of your granddaughter are so cute. And Mariah is pretty adorable too. Looks like you are blessed...

• mara51506

Goldens, those are cute pictures, glad you had a great visit with them.

My Mother's day was up and down, I did feel sad some parts of the day and wonder why I go on just to be alone but those thoughts did not take up the whole day.

One bright spot for me was seeing my nephew propose to his girlfriend of five years. It was staged to be a mother's day photo shoot, she loves taking pictures. They were both dressed up for this. Someone else was taking the video and he got down on one knee with their son there. She said yes and I am very happy for them. I hope they post pictures when they get married so I can see them both.

Nothing else to do today but walk and some light housework. Hope you all have a good day.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,563

Hello All, Chiming in, in case you may be interested in participating.

TODAY at 2:00 PM ET (US and Canada): Zoom Virtual Meet-up for those with a diagnosis of metastatic breast cancer

Register in advance for this meeting:

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMud-mppjguE9cVL5jJvM8j5-fR5kByW3Ui

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,053

Goldens ~adorable recreation of your precious grandchild. Happy Mother's Day to all. I had a nice one also. Have a good Monday!!

Pocket duty as well armed with macaroons.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,717

I’ll be logging in to the virtual meet up, hope to see any of you that feel like joining.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

I have a follow up appointment with the surgeon today, so can’t do the Zoom meeting. I will try to join next time.

• mara51506

Not feeling up to it today, still dealing with depressive feelings. Already been walking at home on the spot, not going out until I get a delivery. I know I am not the only one that lives alone but I am sort of tired of the day to day sameness of my days. We are still locked down so going to a store is out of the question. Oh well, whoever goes to the zoom meeting, enjoy yourselves.

• illimae

No worries ladies, I’ll report back anything of interest and there’s always next week :)

• candy-678

hello all.

I was wondering about the Zoom meet up. I have not read about it. Wondered if many of us was going to do it. I am on the fence. Is it weekly??? I thought it was just a one time thing, but yet again I have not read what BCO posted about it.

Mara- I am still not doing much. We are not in lockdown here, in fact we are opening stuff up. But, I worry about the illness. Even with being vaccinated. I am on the fence about going to a Ladies Group meeting at my church on Wednesday. It is monthly and this is the first meeting since Covid. About 10 ladies in attendance. I would like to go, but worry still. I may try it and if no one masking I would get up and leave.

Edited--- I clicked the register for the Zoom meeting. It wants full name. Will our name be on the Zoom call? I like the anonymity of our screen names.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

Hi, I'll be at the Zoom. My previous zoom login you get to choose your screen name once you're setting up the zoom meeting so I think it might be the same? I'm giving up on anonymity drip by drip so I don't really care either way but I get it

the mods are online right now because I was just pm'ing with them so maybe ask them directly, candy?

I got a bladder infection for mother's day SillyHeart Hahah., woke up with it on sunday. Started antibiotics right away & had a lovely day otherwise.

I only have vague results - I had a telehealth appt with my pulmonologist whom I've never met and he had the CT results and just said liver things are shrinking, lung looks same'ish, there's a new spot they want your oncologist to watch. My oncologist is still away and her locum said he'd call me if there was a problem but otherwise he'd talk to me at next scheduled appt next Monday. So I'm hoping this is all good news & that not much is happening. I had a bone scan that I need results for too but again I think it will be next week. I was joking I should block his phone number so he can't call me with bad results.

hugs everyone

• candy-678

Moth- I PM'd the Mods too. I have done Zoom meetings with my docs and a group of friends for gaming night. But all those times it has been my real name.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,957

Candy, I think you can go into your Zoom settings and change it, but I’m not sure.

• moth

KBL & candy, yes, I just launched a test meeting & I was able to rename myself. Click on participants on the bottom, then on the right hand side, I clicked on the icon beside my name and had the option to rename.

• candy-678

Thanks guys. It is too late for this weeks Zoom meeting. Next Monday I will be at MO appt. Maybe on week 3 I will join in.

• mara51506

Candy, I think that would be a good idea to make sure everyone is masked. Being vaccinated certainly lowers the chance of ICU or dying but I am not sure how many people out there would realize that they can still infect others even with the vaccine. I will always be masking up even after my vaccine app't on the 17th. Planning to UBER to and from as well. My DB did drive by there for me on Saturday but I don't think I want to bus it there. Maybe on the way home, we will see.

As far as my feelings of a lack of purpose, that is something I have dealt with since before the pandemic hit. Once my mother was gone, no one for me to take care of, just stay in my apartment. I am dreaming of doing something else with decor that would serve both storage and look nice. My furniture is a patchwork. My place is tiny as well so I need to scale things down a bit, not liking shelves not matching. Don't mind canned goods as the corner of my living room is an extension of my tiny kitchen with the microwave and brevelle oven mounted on shelves and a cabinet below. Will look into that once we come out of lockdown though not sure how long that will take. We are supposed to come out May 20 but not likely due to higher numbers here. Our vaccine rollout is not as robust as your country. We are steadily getting there but even still, we can still get it even with vaccination. Just not nearly so likely to require hospital or possible dying.

• illimae

KBL, Moth, Tanya, so fun to see you all 😁.

Looking forward to next week when I can stay for the whole thing.

• moth

fun to see you guys on the zoom! i hope more can make it next week

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Goldens your granddaughter and puppy put a smile on my face.
    it was nice seeing you moth and Mae. I signed in late but after reading on here about it I decided to try. It was nice seeing the mod MJ that I met when I went to Good morning America in 2019. That’s the last time I was able to see my mom.
    Mara and Candy you probably would’ve enjoyed the zoom call. There were only 8 ladies there. A lot of info sharing and nice to see smiling faces.

Tany

• kbl

I’m the only one who didn’t show my face. I will next time. Lol. It was really great meeting everyone

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 725

I didn’t show - hubs had cardiac MRI today.

• kbl

Goldens, I hope your husband is okay. Maybe next time.

• candy-678

What did you guys do on Zoom?

• moth

I'll send you a pm candy

• illimae

Candy, it started with quick introductions, then I missed the middle of it but came back to some general chat. I enjoyed seeing everyone but it was the first group meet up, I think topics will be helpful in the future to keep a conversation flowing. Not necessarily to structured but maybe a question for the group from “how was your week?”, “what do you do about....?” Just my thoughts.

• imagine
    imagine Member Posts: 96

I was on the zoom and my information was wrong, my username on here is Imagine. It was good to see everyone who signed on and it was nice to see other people going through this disease..hope they will have more meetings.

Karen