Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625

Mara- LOL!

Moth - Sorry about your arm. I think when you get to the point where you are sick of telling people how you broke it that you steal Mae's story and tell someone that you fell while you were rolling skating drunk and enjoy their reaction.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

cowgal, that's a good one. When I had chemo 12 years ago and lost my hair, I went into the salon where I had been having my hair cut. I took off my cap, showed my bald head, and asked, "What was in the last shampoo you used on me???" Actually, the guy (whom I refer to as my "hair husband") was the one who buzzed cut my hair before it all fell out. We got a good laugh out of that one.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Sunshine, Cowgal, you ladies sound like a lot of fun! I hav a feeling we’d be arrested or something if we were friends who lived nearby!!!

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

imageimage

• dutchiris

I had trouble typing in the same post as the photo. As I posted previously, my son got married last Sunday. I am the one in the blue dress along with my daughter and grandaughter.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

booboo1, I'd love to get into trouble with you!

Dutchriris, it looks like it was the perfect day!

• dutchiris

Sunshine 99....it was a beautiful day but it was a little windy.

• karenfizedbo15
    karenfizedbo15 Member Posts: 719

Wow what a backdrop Dutchiris…hope you and you girls have great memories of that day.

Booboo and Mae you’re both invited to my ‘falling over’ club…. Not always but occasionally when drunk… I’m Scottish…we drink whiskey from time to time and my liver is apparently healthy as of today! Usually I fall over when sober walking in the hills, much to my friend’s and DH’s amusement. Face plants in mud, slipping sideways off boardwalks, tripping on long grass into sheep shit are all in my repertoire!

• tangandchris
    tangandchris Member Posts: 934

Hey ladies!

I'm gonna try to keep up. Lol

Mel- the car situation just sucks

Moth- sorry about your arm, hope the pain is minimal

I need to try the vinegar thing!

I was in the hospital Monday night. I had extreme stomach pain, unlike anything I've ever experienced. Turns out it was a partial bowel obstruction. Pumped me with antibiotics and morphine for pain. No surgery needed. But I'm still not 100%

My daughter, snl and grandson are heading tonight to Jordan. I'm still a mess over it, but feeling more at peace after crying and praying.

Hugs to everyone 🤗❤

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,311

dutchchris those colors --in the wedding party -- are gorgeous. Congrats!

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052

Dutch~what wonderful photos. Looks like a memory making day. Great pic of you as well! Loving the venue background. Congrats!

Moth~ hope your arm is settling down. I’m sorry that happened…

Tang~are they moving there?

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Gorgeous photos Dutch, I hope she has a long, healthy and happy marriage. Your daughter has your smile.

I'm not normally a fainter but I was walking across a carpark and fainted in front of a bus, broke my humerus and knocked out 2 of my front teeth, then my ex did the only useful thing for me in the whole time we were together, he felt the lump in my breast, that was way back in 2013.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Dutchiris- Great pic. Love the colors. And nice to put a face to your screen name.

tangandchris- Sorry to read of your illness. Hope you get back to normal soon. Scary.

• booboo1

Karen,

We must be related. I fall all of the time…I’ve fallen in every country I’ve visited, so Scotland will be no exception! Oh, and whiskey is good for you. You always see people smile when they drink whiskey, so it must mean it’s good for you!

• booboo1

Dutch,

Love the pictures. You all look so lovely. I hope you enjoyed yourself. Hoping for many blessings for you and your family.

• micmel

imageSee if yours is accurate. Mine is!!! Sorry for the bad words

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,953

I’m a cancer, but I relate more to Aries. Hahaha.

• micmel

My DH is a Capricorn and he does say I alot because of his work. Some of them are right on target

KBL~Maybe we all can at times for sure. Lol

• dutchiris

Thank you all. Those shoes were only on when necessary such as pictures. My feet bother me these days.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Dutchchris thanks for sharing the beautiful wedding pictures. Your family is gorgeous and you look so happy with your Dd and GD.

I saw a man with a dog on his back until Booboo mentioned the bent leg and now it’s all cute doggy.

Tany

• dutchiris

I had scans today after 6 cycles of Xeloda. Onc appt in the am.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,358

Dutchiris, great pics and looks like a good memory. Praying the results of your scan are good. I had good results while on Xeloda for one year before progression so I have switched...again.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,716

Dutch, beautiful pics!

Karen, falling is bad enough but into sheep shit?! That’s a bad day for sure.

Micmel, I am right on the cusp of Aquarius and Pisces, both are accurate but with a heavy Aries influence as well.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,461

I'm a Scorpio but I tend to let the F bomb drop when frustrated.

• mara51506

Dutchiris, beautiful pics, glad you enjoyed yourselves.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,953

Dutchiris, Congratulations on the wedding, and great pictures. I hope your scans give you great news.

I did see a dog first.

You’ve got that right, Mel. I do the same as Mara and let the F bomb fly. Lol.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 724

Dutchiris - beautiful photos. My daughter's friend is a photographer and I lovewhen she posts wedding albums. I sure wish I could go back in time and redo our wedding photos. Celebrated 43 yrs last month so you can imagine what they look like😅..

Tangandchris - hope the bowel obstruction responds to meds.

Happy Fall y'all🍁🍁. My favorite season☺️☺️

• mara51506

This saying is definitely true for a lot of people, especially me...

• mara51506

Karen, falling into sheep shit sounds absolutely disgusting and I imagine trying to get the clothes and body clean would be difficult without messing up the house as well.

Good luck with your scans Dutchiris, in your pocket all the way with cinnabons or chocolate, whichever you like more.

Tangandchris, may the bowel obstruction clear with those meds as well to provide relief.

• dutchiris

I had scans yesterday and one appointment this morning. She said I have no new mets but there is some progression in the bone mets especially in the T11 vertebral body. This is not enough to change treatment yet but my next scans will be in 2 months instead of 3.