Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,459

Candy, glad you got a haircut and that she could be in the building as well. That always feels good, sorry for the Lymparza SE as well. Napping and reading sound good.

Great pics of people and pets as well. Enjoy seeing everyone as well.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Goldens, your dogs look like they could sit at the dinnertable and eat with you. They look SO well behaved.

Mel, I’m surprised you’ve held out this long. You are a born dog-Mommy, and I predict your days will be SO much more enjoyable if you have a new baby to spoil. You have so much love to give, and a new furry baby is exactly what I think you need.

Same Mae. I can’t wait to see what you and Mel get. All I know is when everything else in my life is topsy-turvy, my dogs are always consistently there waiting to cheer me up. Or they need something, which snaps me out of whatever is going on. I wonder if I’d even still be here some days if it wasn’t for them. Gives me a reason to get up in the morning!

Elderberry, I know, right? Yorkies don’t know they are little, and they also think they are people. That’s why they are so hard to train. Minds of their own. I wouldn’t trade them for the world!

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,713

booboo, I had cats growing up and love them too but DH was always a dog guy. We’ve never been dogless for this long since we’ve been together and neither of us like it but with moving, it’s been all about timing. We so enjoyed having our friends cat for the last few months and the house just felt like it was missing someone when we returned without her. I can’t wait to adopt, I’ve been browsing the website, hopefully we’ll be ready this spring.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052

BooBoo ~I also aM chomping at the bit to get a dog. Ever since my Deeohgee passed. I haven’t felt right. I loved having a dog and I miss the companionship so much. With my son moving out I’m going to push more to get one. My DH travels during. The week overnight one night. With my son here I wasn’t alone. He moves in less than a week. Mamas kinda sad. 😞.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,952

Mel, maybe an older dog who likes to cuddle and is not so energetic would be perfect. Our pup is three, will be four in April. She is a pain in the arse and loved beyond measure. We’ve had four at once and had another with her before he passed. I think she’s happy being an only pup because she is so spoiled. My husband loves her, and she will be there for him when I pass, I’m hoping. We have not been without a dog our whole marriage, 37 years. I was so ready for a break, but she is a godsend, really

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Mae- so glad you are looking to give a dog a happy and loved home

Mel- Mama needs a companion now that ds is moving out. Yes they can be a lot of work but as mentioned an older dog would be perfect and they need a loving forever home

Growing up my family had cats but I always wanted a dog. When I got together with dh 28 years ago I got my dog. We have had a dog ever since. Now we have Abby who is 17 years old. If I mention about rescuing another dog my husband says "over my dead body". Well it will probably be my dead body (lol) but I am still trying 😅

• micmel

I've grown up with both. I was allergic to cats and we never knew it. So that was fun. I agree an. Older calmer dog would be perfect. I actually feel excited thinking about. It. I hope I don't have to wait too long. I'm not really fully ready for my son to move out. I adore my kids and he's my baby. (I still have dss) but he's in college my husbands son. He is almost 21. My son brings me joy. When I hear his laughter with his beautiful sister I just love the sound of it. Musical happiness. I love nothing more than those children. I'd give anything to them. Do anything. That's why my heart hurts when I think of leaving them. Then add in DH. I'm just broken. I've been doing better mentally and my therapy starts soon. I can’t wait actually……..

funny how people who aren't sick take things for granted. Like complaining about a sweaty work out. I'd love to work out again. Just complain about things that are so unimportant in real time. Traffic yelling people acting crazy. Ijust want calm peace. That's what I need. No stress. People sometimes always make things about them. Sometimes I wonder if I also do that since I've gotten cancer. I don't want to be like that. One of the things I intend to discuss.

I was giving a. Shoutout to egads. Hope you're welll. also njgirl.

• livingivlife

Actually I lied. I did have a dog when I was a single parent with my daughter. Don't ask me why but friends had this beautiful German Shepherd dog that had retired from the police canine unit. They talked me into taking this dog that was crazy and very protective. She loved chasing squirrels and she loved running down a snow covered hill when we went tobogganing One day my daughter who was 6 asked if she could walk the dog with me beside her. I warned her she was hard to handle but I gave her the leash. All I remember was the squirrels and the dog running with my daughter hanging on to the leash being dragged on the snow! She finally let go and I couldn't stop laughing. She got up with her face covered in snow giving me this dirty look! I don't think she wanted to walk the dog again.

• micmel

Poor girl. Had a face plant of ❄️ ❄️ snow. Good thing the dog didn’t run away. Shepards are amazing dogs. I grew up with one. Protective for sure. Loved her.

• illimae

I wish we were actively looking right now. This distinguished gentleman caught my eye but he’ll probably be adopted before we’re ready (sigh)

Also, this guy needs a bow tie, right?!

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

Hi all. Hope everyone had a great Christmas . Micmel, love the family photos! 
    We had a rather tame gathering, a roast beef dinner, I did not make Yorkshire pudding because we started calling them Yorkshire pucks since my ability to make solid, glumpy, stubborn knobs of rubbery dough is pretty amazing. They only puff up when I don't have company. When I do have company, they fail miserably. I serve them anyway and we all gnaw our way through them. To avoid stress this year I opted for roasted potatoes in olive oil with Greek seasoning. They weren't cooked enough. I really ought to quit cooking altogether.  After dinner we played cards and board games and when accusations of cheating started flying around it was time for everyone to head home. No one ever actually cheats but we do like to point and thunderously accuse one another.

It has been very cold here and I busy myself adding heat sources to the hen house . People claim that hen houses do not need to be heated because hens are covered in feathers and quite warm and not likely to freeze. This may be true. But eggs, on the other hand, are rather featherless and prone to freezing and once they break their shell, they are dog food. So I heat to protect my eggs. I figure that between having 12 hens who lay 4 eggs a day, food, two heat sources, it costs me about $15 to produce a $4 dozen eggs. I am a bad farmer. 

The cold is keeping us indoors and Hub watches endless hours of television, as do I, until I want to scream and rip my hair out. Tonight I aimlessly wandered room to room scraping ice off the inside of the windows with a drywall trowel. 

In the pocket of anyone who needs a ride along. Hugs!

• kbl

Such a cute pup, Mae. Too bad you won’t be ready yet. My neighbor said their son just got a black long-haired dachshund. I told them do not tell me eventually that he can’t keep it. I love having just one crazy doxie. I’ve had three at one time, along with my big dog we had to put down last year. Too many.

Runor, belated Merry Christmas. My cooking abilities are so lacking, I can relate. I do make a mean green bean casserole and hash brown casserole. Just throw everything in and cook. That’s what I like. We will be in the 80s today. Gotta love when we have summer in the winter, but I would like less humidity to go along with it. Have a Happy New Year

• booboo1

Aw Mae, now that’s what I call a character. You can see it in his eyes. A nice brushing (or not) and a bow-tie would turn this little fellow into a great companion. Bet you two would get into some trouble together! Hoping something else comes along when you are ready.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

Sigh - looks like progression. New masses on lung and liver. Oncologist wants to switch me to trodelvy. I'm upset

• illimae

Damn Moth, I’m sorry. I don’t know about the new treatment but I really hope it knocks that cancer back. Is it a chemo or an immunotherapy?

• moth

Trodelvy is an antibody drug conjugate... kadcyla and enhertu are in the same drug class.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

So sorry to read this Moth. Your profile indicates that you started out triple negative then flipped to (or shown to have heterogeneity) with ER positive. Are you going to have another biopsy of the new mets to see if they are ER positive or not? Hoping that this new treatment zaps them, no matter of the HR and is also gentle to you with the side effects. I do not know about this treatment without reading up on it.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 723

Moth - so sorry about progression. Hope your MO has a good plan. Virtual HUGS

• livingivlife

Moth- I'm so sorry to read about the progression. I do not know the treatment you will be taking but I hope it sends this damn cancer to hell. My thoughts and hugs are with you

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Oh, moth, I’m so sorry. That just sucks big time

• GoKale4320
    GoKale4320 Member Posts: 580

Very sorry to hear this, Moth. I hope the new drug wipes this out, and without bad side effects.

• moth

Thx candy. My onc thinks it's heterogeneous mix of TN and very low ER. She wants to treat as TN. Doesn't think we need a new biopsy right now. Trodelvy is pretty new. Just got approved in Canada last month. mtnbc is so hard to treat..this new drug had a pfs of 5.6 months but the chemo arm was 1.7 months so compared to that it's considered a wonder drug for those that respond to it

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,560

moth, we too are sending our love. So sorry to hear of the progression.

For those who are interested, here is some good info all about Trodelvy.

--The Mods

• mara51506

Moth, I am so sorry as well to read of your progression. Hoping Trodelvy knocks them back with fewer side effects so you can keep up the skiing.

• micmel

Moth~ #***!!!!!! I hope the new tx will kick some cellular ass! Hugs for you my friend. Stay strong. Hope you have deep pockets. Lot of support coming your way. Hugs sweet woman.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Moth, I'm so sorry to hear this, I hope the new treatment works well and has few side effects. Big hugs from down under.

• kbl

Moth, I’m really sorry. I’m thinking of you

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

Moth, that is awful news. I hope this new treatment comes through for you.

• booboo1

Moth,

Sometimes it’s through the bad stuff (progression)that miracles happen. I’m praying that Trodelvy is your miracle drug! We’re all here for you.

• mara51506

Still thinking about Moth today, virtual hugs from Ontario.

Not much going on for me today, did some housework, surveys and listening to radio for cash and tv for cash as well. Grocery shopping with older DB as well. Earlier this afternoon rather than evening which is better for me. Already done laundry and a bit of dusting as well along with the noisy vacuum monster that terrifies the cats yet must be done.

Have a good day, pockets for anyone who wants or needs it.