Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• cowgal
    cowgal Member Posts: 625

A friend of mine bought a thunder shirt for her dog a couple of years ago at Petco and they told her if it didn't work to bring it back. It worked for her border collie. It might be best to see if you decide to try the thunder shirts to ask if they will allow you to return it if it doesn't work in case you experience what Sunshine did.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,459

Finally did some walking on my treadmill, holding on of course, not good enough balance to avoid doing that. Only could do 15 mins after breakfast but think I will attempt to do that first before the heavy duty outdoor walks. If I feel like walking elsewhere, mall walking could be an option as well. I did manage to lift my feet higher to keep that endurance up for when not too scared to walk outside again.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,952

Welcome to 2022. All in all, 2021 was not too bad for me. I had a medication switch, but I’m actually feeling better. As far as the thunder shirts, it did not work for my big boy. I had to give him a little sedative for thunder or fireworks. The problem is I live in a state where the thunderstorms could pop up within five minutes. And then the fireworks are never just one night. He is gone now. Last night I had no animals, my husband is away with our scared doxie. It was nice not to have to feel bad. Where he was, in the country, it isn’t like in the populated areas. I once had a doxie who would chase the fireworks. It seems the bigger dogs do have more issues sometimes than the smaller ones. My big guy would have panic attacks and would pant really hard and try to crawl inside me. My doxie just goes and hides in the shower. Poor babies.

Glad you were able to walk a little, Mara. I’m sure you miss being able to do your long walks outside. I hope you improve each day with your balance.

• mara51506

KBL, I will be receiving walking sticks in the mail at some point in the future and I do have my walker, originally belonged to Mom but came back to me since I paid for it. When it comes to walking a long way or carrying heavy groceries, will use it. The bonus is if I did fall, I can use the walker to aid pulling myself up. Also, if I decide to go for a long walk, I would take the walker since it will allow me to sit at any point during the walk. In the winter, it may not work well but come spring, I will use all tools I have. I may also try out Nordic Walking in either the mall or at a park as well as having some stability too.

• kbl

Mara, as others always say, you are an inspiration. Heart

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052

Happy New Year! Beautiful ladies. !

May 2022 bring us calm seas.

• micmel

My son moved out today. My heart is heavy and I don't think I would have ever been ready. My heart hurts. He's right down the street but I miss knowing he's here I can't believe it really happened. I thought it would be longer. My last baby. Moved out. Oh my. My mind wont settle down and I keep thinking about him hugging me three times before he left. I love my children as we all do so much. I could have kept him forever. I needed to make sure he was alright and able to be on his own should I take a turn for the worst. I need to know he can be a man. I cry thinking about it. But I know it's the right thing to do. It's time to do it.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Oh, mel, I'm so sorry your heart is hurting. You raised a good son and a good man. You can be proud of that.

Love and hugs,

Carol

• micmel

thank you Sunshine. I’m trying to stay positive and happy for him. He deserves the confidence boosts. !

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Pocket duty list for the week of Jan 3---

Mae- CT and bone scan Monday.

Rosie--- liver biopsy Thursday.

KBL- MRI Saturday.

• mara51506

Mel, think of it t his way, you can have him over to dinner and it will be a wonderful dynamic for both of you and your DH to see him standing on his own which you both wanted. It is nice that he is not far away. When he is fully set up, he can also have YOU and DH over for supper as well. It is very sad at the start when they leave but also good to see him growing up so much now. Hugs for you.

I am not doing much today, still trying to convince myself to walk but my mind is like nope so I will relax. I do have my thrid covid booster shot today. Will UBER as it is across the city, did some laundry this morning, nothing else going on.

• kbl

Mel, I know it's so hard. I only have one, but it still hurts when they leave. Mine is 32, and I still have a hard time with knowing she's grown and has a child and husband. So crazy. My mom had five. I was the baby. By the time I finally moved out, she was probably doing a big happy dance. Lol.

Candy, I am supposed to have a lumbar/pelvis MRI Saturday, the 8th, to see if Xeloda has done anything. My fingers are crossed.

Mara, I hope your booster is uneventful

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,713

I’ve got CT and Bone scans tomorrow, jump on in!

• candy-678

Mae and KBL- Pocket duty.

• mara51506

Pocket duty for Mae and KBL.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,713

Candy, thanks so much for keeping us on track, I think I can speak for the group that we really appreciate it 😁.

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

Mel - I get it. Hugs to you.

Also along for KBL and MAE, in the pocket.

• kbl

Thank you, Candy, Mara, and Runor. It is so appreciated.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Riding along for pocket duty for Mae and KBL.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Also on pocket duty for Mae and KBL and Rosie. I also wish Moth a expedient update on her next step in planned treatment.

Mel- it is very hard to let our kids leave the nest but there comes a time when they learn to fly on their own

Mara- did you get out for your walk today. ? Please take care.

Today I finished taking down our tree and washed some floors. At least the house looks back to normal (whatever normal is now)

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

I’ll be pocket pickin too! Whoops. Now that I think of it though, it might be interesting to see what’s in their pockets. If you all could bring only one thing, what would it be???

• candy-678

I will bring Peanut M&M's. Easy to carry and pop in the mouth.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Good question Booboo. Well since I have to start eating better after Christmas I wouldn't bring sweets. I would say I will bring my "angel circle of friends " candle which I light often. It sits on my table beside my bed.

• kbl

Thank you, everyone. I’m also in for pocket duty for others. I would bring Dove dark chocolates. My favorite. One is never enough

• micmel

will be reporting for pocket duty! I would bring Christmas cookies. My favorite. Thinking of you all.

I’ll tell ya I miss my son, I miss seeing his smile. I even miss his noise. I love the kids so much I’m not ready for them to fly away. I want my people around me. We went to Walmart today DH and I to get my ds some shower curtain and items for the bathroom . I look up and there is my son heading into Walmart. Just as I was struggling being without him. There he was. He was all I could see , he and DH together talking. I got to see him today which I loved. That empty room gets me every time. 😢😢😢

• mara51506

Deb, I waffled a long time but decided to wait. It was slippery getting to the UBER anyway, did not want to deal with that. Booster was more important.

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

reporting in for pocket duty this week for Mae, Rosie, and KBL. Bringing mini Snickers that I have been sneaking all week.

• kbl

Thank you, kikomoon. I haven’t had Snickers in a long time

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 723

Here for pocket duty - lots of Wisconsin cheese for those looking for a more savory treat

• mara51506

I am here for Rosie, KBL and Mae's pocket duty bringing black bean tacos, nacho chips and reese peanut butter cups as well.

My booster shot went off without a hitch, ubered both ways. Amazing how quick you can get places in a car. No real side effects except feeling extremely tired and a slight head. Slept almost 10 hours last night. Feeling good. Going to try a walk but going to put cleats on the bottom of my shoes so I can feel more secure as it is quite slippy for me. We will see, have to charge my earbuds.