Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052

Mara,glad the booster is done. Hope there are no side effects for you. Be safe on that walk , please? Hugs!

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Mara be careful if you decide to go for a walk.

I'm getting my booster on Friday. Tomorrow I will be talking with my MO regarding lowering the Ibrance dose to 75 mg. My blood counts were on the low side again. Some articles say there is no difference in the effectiveness of the doses but I'm not too sure of that.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Thsnks to anyone coming for our pocket duty this week. It helps to know you’re there. The goodies sound delicious!

Mel, I feel for you missing your DS. It’s gotta be hard seeing his room without him there. Maybe you could have a new routine of having him over for dinner on a certain day of the week? Or just text him hello and a funny pic you find here and there? Change is hard and sometimes sad

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,952

Thank you, Goldens and Mara.

LivingIVLife, I started at 125mg and had to immediately drop to 75. I was then on 75mg for two years. Doc wanted me to stay on it, but I knew I was progressing, so I chose to switch to Xeloda.

• livingivlife

KBL- Thanks for info. I too started at 125 then dropped to 100 a year ago. Now probably down to 75mg. My CT scan is January 25th so I'm hoping I can continue on it but something called intuition and body changes causes me to question it. Time will tell.

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

morning friends!

Hugs Mel for your baby moving out

Reporting for pocket duty

No news here yet about the tx approvals.

It's my birthday so I'm going to chill as much as I can 😊

• kbl

Happy birthday, Moth. I hope you have a wonderful day.

LivingIVLife, I get the intuition. I was having trouble eating again and losing weight, just like the first time three years ago. I don’t care what the scans say. I knew something was wrong. I’m so glad I switched. It’s scary, though.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,052

Happy Birthday Moth. May it be a good one !

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

Happy Birthday, Moth! I hope you have a great day with so much chill. I'm on hold trying to schedule the dreaded scans. Everyone was probably like me and waiting until the fun was over.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Happy birthday, moth! I hope your day is awesomely chill. :)

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Pocket duty for Mae KBL and Rosie! I'll bring dark chocolate Lindt truffles.

Happy birthday Moth.

Mara my booster SE's lasted only 24 hours so hopefully you can just sleep through it.

Mel kids leaving the home is so hard. It's better that you guys weren't having a feud or anything. Good terms means he'll be back for dinners and stuff. Sending hugs.

Tanya

• kbl

Thank you, Tanya.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,459

On an earning streak today with my survey, music, video and games sites. Think I will stay home and earn today. Allows me to earn to pay bills or get my Tim Hortons cheese, egg and sausage on an english muffing with a couple of hash browns. I think winter for me will be more indoor walking. Can't be bothered putting up with slippy sidewalks and such.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Happy Birthday Moth!!!!

I had my 3rd vaccine in August--- 3 full doses of the Moderna vaccine. I think I will be due for the "booster" in February-- 6 months later-- according to the CDC guidelines for the immunocompromised. I see my MO Jan 17, so I am going to ask her for advice. I have wondered about getting an antibody test to see how high my antibodies are after 3 of the full-dose Modernas.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,713

Moth,

• runor
    runor Member Posts: 1,615

Happy Birthday MOTH. I hope you get your chili. That's what I read. That you would be wanting chili. I love a big bowl of chili with shredded cheese on top and a nice crusty bun.  Awesome.

Mara - I do a lot of outdoor walking around here in icy conditions and fall down with some regularity. My feet just go flying out. Ice. My concern usually is 'don't break any eggs!" because it never fails I have a pocket full of eggs when I slip or the dog comes bowling into me at high speed. I had a pair of those snow cleats but I have more than one pair of shoes/boots that I need for safe winter wear and hated swapping those things all the time. Plus I don't like walking across the kitchen floor with them on - because I have to get the eggs out of my coat pocket before I take the coat off so I walked into the kitchen to deposit eggs and then go back out to unboot and uncoat. My cure? Hockey tape! I'm pretty sure I posted this before. I wrap a few lengths of that black, fabric hockey tape around the mid foot of my boot. Looks like shit. Looks like your boots are falling apart and you taped them together. But.... it has provides amazing traction. I have a pair of 'dress' winter boots that I like the look of but they are deadly slick, so I taped them. I look like a character out begging for food in my sad, taped boots. But at least I'm not laying on my back on an icy sidewalk  begging for food. I will let go of my dignity to prevent a head injury. I am not proud. Consider hockey tape. You might start a new fashion!

In pockets for all! 

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

I took at least a week off from the forum.

Holy Moly - what a week for everyone.

moth: I was so upset to hear your news. I so admire your personal strength and this is such a blow for you. I hope your birthday gift will be approval for treatment.

I have been unusually fatigued for a few weeks and had days when I could barely get up from the couch. I would be hungry but almost too tired to chew. I wondered if it was a break-through covid but I have no other symptoms. I seem to crawling back. I think the upheaval of renos is stressful. Then our hot water tank went and flooded the basement. Oh yeah - then it went to -10 C and a pipe burst and flooded the basement again. I can't go out to walk because I really don't have proper winter gear. We don't need it for here ,,,,,,,until now. I really need to get out and moving.

I guess I am just so tired of it all. Covid robbing us of our time here. Tired of nasty politics. So much suffering.

I am afraid to hope 2022 will be better.

• livingivlife

Moth- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Hope you chill out all day!

Elderberry- oh my you have had a stressful time . I think I would head back to bed and put the covers over my head telling the world to go away for awhile. Or book a wonderful hotel room with room service.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

LivingIVlife: I would escape to a hotel but we have a cat who is suffering through the chaos as well. So I am opting for the under the covers coping!

• illimae

Thank for being in my pocket today, results tomorrow but unofficially, my MO said she saw the CT from this morning and it looks good. Appointment for tomorrow changed to virtual, which is fine, it saves me an hour drive for a 15 minute visit.

• livingivlife

Mae- Congratulations on your great CT scan news!

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Mae,

Hoping those results are as good or better than you think. Fingers crossed!

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Have a wonderful birthday Moth, goodness Elderberry, what a time you've been having, I don't blame you for wanting to hide under the covers, Mae, I hope the rest of the news from your MO is as good. Mel, I'm glad your DS is so close to you and you'll be able to see him on a regular basis, I miss my son and daughter so much, I haven't seen them or 6 of my grandchildren for 2 yrs, hopefully this year they'll be able to come and see me.

Have a great week everyone, no matter what you've got going on. It's a quiet week for me for a change, no doc appointments.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Mae- Woohoo for good scans !!!!

• illimae

Just got a message from the trial doc too. He says “the bone scan looks great!” I love the quick turn around on results, the reports have been uploaded to MyChart as well. I felt good and expected stable but I did read something to ask about tomorrow. Previous scans mentioned a couple of “liver hypodensities, too small to characterize, likely benign cysts”, but this report says “unchanged tiny liver lesions”. I’m assuming that since both MO’s reviewed them and said all is well, that this is just language used by a particular tech and not a concern.

With that out of the way, I’ll finish the food prep and packing for two weeks at the cabin. We’re taking our travel trailer to live in while working onthe bathroom and insulation.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,459

Mae, that's great for scan results!

Happy Birthday Moth!

Runor, like the idea of the tape. I do have my cleats I could put on my shoes. My thought would be to put the cleats on a pair of shoes, then when get to the store or hospital, swap them out for another pair of slip on shoes. Easy peasy.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 723

Mae - great news on the scans!

Moth - have a wonderful birthday!

Mel - that was true magic that you saw your son while at Wallyworld.

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

Illimae: congrats on your positive sounding scan results !!!

Moth: Happy Birthday to you!

• kbl

Mae, I’m so happy your scans were great.

Kittykat9867, that’s so sad you haven’t seen them in two years. I hope you get to FaceTime or Zoom. It’s never the same, but at least you would see their face

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Mae, Enjoy the good results and planning your 2 weeks at your cabin. Yay!

Moth, Happy birthday! Hope there was some nice chill time and maybe something good to eat too. 😊

Elderberry, Sorry about your extreme fatigue. It does make sense that maybe it was Covid with how widespread it is right now. I don’t remember what type of treatment you’re on but that may have added to your symptoms if it was, meaning even lower counts? Your Reno work does sound very tough, I know I’m not up to much hard work these days.