Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Emac,

Will be in your pocket. Bringing donuts…any kind you like

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,168

Emac- Pocket duty for you. I will add you to the list I post on Sundays (tomorrow). Interesting about Wellbutrin and cancer fatigue. I still have not decided to do the antidepressant. I want to try to go without another med.

Well, the responsibility of home ownership. Thursday we had a 3 inch rain event. I noticed a wet spot on the ceiling of my bedroom. I called a roofing company Friday morning to see if they would do a free inspection of my roof. They came Friday afternoon. They could not find an obvious cause for the leak, but said my roof has "wear and tear". It is 11 years old, on a double wide trailer, so not the best of roofing material. The company said they will have to remove the shingles in the area of the leak and see if it is the under-decking or from a vent or what. They said I can just replace 1/2 of the roof, or just replace it all. He gave estimates for both. He said that this roof material would be a 20-year roof. I did not go down the road of explaining my health situation. So... I will have a 20-year roof now. Either an omen that I will live longer, or... my family can use the new roof as incentive when they go to sell my house--- maybe they can get a better sell price.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

In your pocket Emac, I'll have leftover birthday cake. Well I made it another year, I'm going out for dinner on Sunday with Beck and Finn and I can finally open all my birthday presents from my bingo ladies who made me promise to wait until Sunday to open them. I hope everyone who is struggling can find some peace.

• candy-678

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KITTYKAT !!!!!

• kittykat9876

Thankyou so much Candy. How are you doing today my lovely, I hope it's a better day for you.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,537

Happy birthday kittycat. Enjoy your presents and cake. I ate chocolate cake yesterday and boy was it good. No birthday just wanted it!!! Shared with the grandkids yummers.

Emac pocket duty for Monday. Are you able to take pain medication with the welbutin?

Candy roofs definitely increase home sale value but I'm praying for you getting all the use out of your roof. We had ours replaced last year. Once they took the shingles off the cha chinging started. Water damage on boards underneath. Everything has to be replaced empty your pockets but it's a good investment for a house.

Mel I hope you're doing OK today.

Thanks for everyone sharing my friends better outcome than we thought for sure.

Tanya

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 723

Good morning friends!
    Happy Birthday to KittyKat!

Emac- will share pocket duty with you. I have my first scans at my new cancer center ON Monday and see my MO on Wednesday.

Candy - please don't be afraid of antidepressants. I've been on them since I had severe postpartum depression after the birth of our now 35 year old daughter. In the early years of using them, I would try to taper off of them. My hubs could always tell and my psychiatrist said I obviously need them long term. So here I am still using them. I've been on three different meds over that time period. First was Prozac, then Effexor and now cymbalta. I don't even want to think about what I would be like without them. They don't work overnight and some adjustments may be necessary. Don't think of it as adding another pill to what you already take - think of it as helping you get to a state of well-being. You are worth that!

I wish all of you a peaceful weekend. 'All the goldens say “hello"

This is Mariah from her day camp - she goes 2x a week and loves it

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Kittykat, happy birthday 🎉

It's my birthday too! 🎉🎂🥳 (47)

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,457

Candy, I echo the suggestions of taking antidepressants myself. If I was almost always feeling exhausted, no purpose and just generally sad and fearful, even I would have to take one. You deserve better mental health. If the idea of a pill is still not in your mind, I would use any calming or breathing exercise on youtube. It does help a lot for a more immediate calm. Glad your roof will be better as well.

Pocket duty for Emac, tacos and refried beans coming along today.

Happy Birthday Kittykat!

Not doing much today, though it is sunny, going to wait until tomorrow for walking as currently it is very cold and windy. Sitting around just doing my bits of money making and just installed Windows 11, We will see if there are major differences. I had a mix of Tim Horton's canned chili, added a 1/4 cup of black beans and a sprinkle of wheat bran for a boost of fiber. Instead of mixing ingredients with my egg, I prepared the egg separately. I am liking the egg in a mug cooked at 45 seconds. The eggs is still super fluffy, not a scrambled egg. Fluffiness from my little chopper. Some salt and a little italian seasoning mixed in, was very good and easy to make. I am going to wait to open a soup until I finish the chili. I did buy garlic bread from Walmart but not enjoying it at all, will go back to my No Frills store instead as I enjoy that garlic bread. I am also reusing my Amazon boxes that are smaller to organize my fridge and freezer a bit. They are tiny and putting stuff in different boxes gives me more room. I also need to drink up my bottles of water that are taking up space in the crisper I do not use at all.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,043

Happy Birthday Kitty and Mae!

Hope you both have wonderful days!

• kittykat9876

Happy birthday to you Mae, I hope you have a wonderful day.

🎁 🎈 🎉 🎂

• candy-678

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAE !!!

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KITTYKAT AND MAE!!🌼⚘

Emac and Goldens- in your pockets for MRI and scans with strawberry cheesecake

Hope everyone will enjoy the weekend. I hemmed a set of curtains because I'm moving them from one room to another. All because I bought a new picture on Wayfair. It represents our east coast with lighthouse and colorful shanties. Moved the furniture around and will make some new pillows.

• booboo1

Kitty,

Wooooo-hooooo!!! Another year indeed. A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you.

Heart

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Happy birthday to KittyKat and mae!

Candy, I'm sorry about your roof! What a pain. We really need to get our house tented for termites, but that's a pain, too.

Emac, I'm still mad about your hair stylist! Will be hoping for good results with your upcoming scans.

Goldens, thanks for the good morning smile from your beautiful pup.

Hi to mel, Tanya, booboo, mara, Chicagoan and all the rest of you lovelies!

Carol

• booboo1

And Mae. Happy happy birthday to you too. That's kind of cool that you share a birthday. Enjoy.

Goldens, I like the way you explained your anti-depressant experience. I have OCD, so it's very obvious if I miss a dose. That's why I was initially put on Zoloft, and oh my…what a difference. It calms me and allows me to slow down and enjoy life. I don't really think I am depressed, but if I am, then bonus! Candy, I hope I didn't annoy you with my exuberance about Zoloft. I just want the best for you :).

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

GoldensRBest, in your pocket with my Dove dark chocolate pieces.

Happy, happy birthday to KittyKat and Mae. I hope you both have an awesome day!!!

90% of the backyard play set up, and we didn't kill each other. This thing was definitely an undertaking I would like not to have to do again. Gawwwd! I've never seen so many pieces of wood and screws in my life. The single slide is slippery as hell. I went down it and just about flew down the yard. I only wish I would have filmed my grandson when he went down. He went faster than I did, eyes as wide as saucers. I was at the bottom to help catch him, and he bowled me over. Haha. Now he's not so sure he wants to do that part again yet. Still have the twisty slide to build. That might take a few days just itself.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 723

Happy Birthday to Mae!

All the pocket treats sound yummy.

KBL - I had to laugh at the fact that you didn’t kill each other while putting together that amazing play structure! When first married, hubs and I did a lot of wallpapering. Maybe because we were young it kept us working toward the finished product without much conflict. When we were middle aged, we lived on a lake facing the town. Every Christmas season, my hubs made a tree out of cable that ran from the roof of the second floor down to the deck floor - then lights were wrapped around each cable to form a lovely tree that could be seen from multiple spots around the lake. EXCEPT, hubs always put this off until it was the coldest day. And of course he needed my help down on the deck while he worked from the roof. Let me tell you, it’s a miracle from above that we didn’t kill each other. There were lots of swear words being used. But the first night we turned the lights on, we drove to town to admire our work from across the lake! Great memories🥰🥰

• illimae

Cupcakes for kitty, me and anyone who wants a sugar high 🥳

Plus a beautiful birthday cake macaroon.

• booboo1

Yummy. I'll take the one on the bottom left. Wow, do they look good. I can taste them from here

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,457

Happy Birthday Mae!

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

oh yum Mae! They look delicious especially the macaroon. Im always ready for a sugar high !

• illimae

Booboo, bottom left is funfetti.

Top: raspberry vanilla, chocolate chip pecan, vanilla

Bottom: Funfetti, cookies n cream, salted caramel swirl.

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

Happy Happy birthday to Kitty and Mae! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!

• booboo1

Mae, OMG! Stop. I am going to have to find a cupcake place near me tomorrow. I can SO taste the sugar now. Seriously hope you enjoy it.

So I have a question for you all. I read an article in our paper today about our First Lady Jill Biden who visited Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa. She shook hands with a woman who has MBC, and the woman was identified as a MBC survivor. I may be wrong, but I don’t consider myself a survivor. I’m a patient and could find other identifiers to call us, but for some reason, survivor struck me as wrong. Any thoughts on this?

• kittykat9876

Mae, they look delicious , mmmmm, cake for breakfast sounds like a plan, it's our birthday after all.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

booboo, I hear you about the word "survivor." If you mean I'm not dead yet, then, yes, I'm a survivor. I may "survive" a car accident or a heart attack, but those are one-time events. MBC is an every-day-for-the-rest-of-my-life "event." Survivor? Only if something else kills me first.

• illimae

Booboo, with MBC I don’t consider myself a “survivor” because I fully understand and accept that this disease will kill me. Technically one could say that we are currently surviving it but typically when one refers to survivors, it’s those who are done with treatment and are moving on. Calling someone with MBC a survivor is likely due to a lack of understanding or wanting to be positive or both.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

Happy birthday to Kittykat and Mae! and yum! to those cupcakes, Mae!

Pocket duty for emac and Goldens upcoming scans.

Candy, you'll be relieved to know that I have absolutely no advice about antidepressants for you, as you have already received lots of good input on the subject, ;)

LivingIVLife- I had to laugh at your whole reorganization project for the love of a new picture! We recently saw a painting we liked at the Ft Worth Stock Show, but didn't buy it then. I'm sure we should have. Now, we'll have to remember the name of the artist, or find something similar, because nothing else compares.

Today was housework day and I'm all tuckered out. I'm finally just sitting on the couch waiting for laundry to finish.

Waving to Mel, Booboo, Sunshine, Chicagoan, Tanya, Mara, and everyone else!

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

Goldens, that's too funny. I'm so glad after not killing each other during your ordeal, you got a beautiful memory. That does sound beautiful.