Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,042

Great news Candy! Love to hear about shrinkage.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,455

Candy my brother drove. I am sure the bus could take me there as well. It was enjoyable as well. Just chilling out with housework and meals today.

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421

Candy, wow what great news , happy dancing for you \o/

Mel , is that really your first painting? it's lovely, what's the next one going to be?

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

candy: excellent news. Stable and now a decrease. YAY!

mel: that painting is excellent

• moth
    moth Member Posts: 3,293

Hi everyone, we had a long weekend here so I took all 3 days off from the board.

I had my scan on Friday, got the results today - it's bad. Progression in liver, lung & a lesion on my kidney. I'm stopping Trodelvy and will be trying a different iv chemo. mTNBC has so few treatment options that this just sucks so much. I wish I could feel hopeful but really, I don't.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,042

Moth-That's horrible news. Really sorry to hear it.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Sorry to hear your news, Moth. 💜. Thinking of you while you move to your next treatment. Hoping it’s the one to knock back the Mets.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Moth, I saw your news on thr liver thread and wanted to just commiserate with a big That Sucks. Because it does and we all get the disappointment and frustration and fear.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,051

Moth~ I hate cancer so much. That suck big time. I’m hope hey have an ace up their sleeves. They have to. Sending you hugs and thoughts.

• micmel

Moth~ I hate cancer so much. That sucksbig time. Ihope they have an ace up their sleeves. They have to. Sending you hugs and thoughts.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Candy- yahoo for great scan results!

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Moth- I am so sorry for the progression. Cancer does suck big time. Our lives are like a roller coaster of ups and downs. May the new treatment set you on the track for hopeful results. A virtual hug is sent your way.

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

Candy—- shrinkage is terrific news!!! So happy for you!!

• mara51506

Moth, I am so sorry about your news. I am hoping this will be kinder on your body and help bring you to stability.

Candy, great news to hear indeed, great test results.

Well, looks like there is a new wellness check call for me. She sounds like a nice lady, she talks a lot so I will work to keep our conversations short. Keeping these calls professional. Told SIL that I will not text while having calls. We will see how it goes

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 609

Candy, wonderful to hear about the shrinkage! Hope your treatment side effects are minimal, it's so great that it's working.

Moth, I'm so sorry about your scan results. I really really hope for more treatments NOW for all types, but especially triple negative. Sending you support and good energy.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,553

Moth, we Mods are sending love to you also. So sorry to hear about the progression, but hoping for some changes with your next line of treatment.

Heart

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

Candy, that is great news, shrinkage!

Moth I am so sorry about the progression. I sincerely hope the next treatment knocks it out.

Well I amat the ER now. MDA said to call if anything changes, not to minimize it. I have double vision in my far sight since Sunday. Wasn’t getting any better so I called MDA. They told me to go to the ER for a brain MRI. Last one was a month ago and I just had my first Enhertu treatment on Thursday. Not much I can do except what they recommend. So I wait.

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071

Mae, How are you doing? I hope that the pain and other SEs from the spinal tap have been resolved. When do you expect to get results?

Moth, I am sorry that you received such disappointing news. It is always hard to learn of progression, and I know you have been doing everything you can to stop mbc from spreading. Unfortunately, the disease’s future path is not easily seen or understood, and there are as yet unknown variables in individuals and cancer. I hope your next treatment yields excellent results with few or no SEs.

Candy, WOOHOO for shrinkage. I am doing the happy dance for you. It is important for us to learn bad news from posters, but it is just as important to hear the good news. We are here to support everyone.

I started cycle 6 of Ixempra today. Scans show that Mets in spleen and bones are stable. Liver Mets show some progression, but since I feel good, liver numbers look good, and TMs dropped significantly then leveled off, we are sticking to Ixempra for now. If TM results look.bad when we see them in a couple of days, we can discuss.

Hello to everyone here. I have not been posting lately, but I think of all of you often.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Moth- I am so sorry to hear your news. It is so hard to understand why some do well (my news) while others are struggling (you). This disease is so unfair. And news can change on a dime, as we all know. I am very thankful that my news was good, but we all know it could change in 3 months, 6 months, etc. And all will eventually progress. I pray that they find the "silver bullet" for you with the next treatment.

Kikomoon- Thinking of you now as you are in the ER and awaiting the brain MRI.

50'sgirl- That sounds like a good plan.

This is all so hard.

• micmel

oh Kikomoon! I am sending many hugs and thoughts of support. I so hope you stop having double vision. I'll be keeping you close in heart.

Hi. 50'sgirl. Always a pleasure to see you here I hope your Tms stays steady. Good news stable for some things bone and spleen. Sending hugs.

Candy~ ty for keeping track. Sweet woman!

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,950

Moth, I'm so sorry and hope the next one can kick it back again. Sending a big virtual hug.

Kikomoon, I’m sorry you’re in the ER. Thinking of you. Hugs as well.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Hi all, I’ve just caught up, I think.

Micmel, great painting

Candy, yay for shrinkage

Moth, I’m sorry your having progression, I hope the new chemo kicks butt.

Kikomoon, damn, I’m sorry, the ER sucks, hopefully this is a weird SE that can be corrected.

I was back in the ER yesterday for pain again but discharged me a couple of hours ago with new pain meds, muscle relaxers and an acupuncture session in my room, which was odd but helpful. Also, just got the lumbar puncture results, no malignant cells found. Hopefully that’s good enough to stop looking for lepto right now and just move on to the treatment change. Happy to be back at the hotel but I was kind of excited for dinner at the hospital, lol. MDA has good food. Last night I had apricot stuffed herb chicken with fingerling potatoes and broccoli, breakfast was scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage and an English muffin and lunch was s grilled chicken Cesar salad. Tonight was going to be Cajun baked redfish with rice and roasted veggies.

I am a bit tired though, so off to bed early, goodnight 🙂

• mara51506

Kikomoon, in your pocket and hoping for the best. I hope the MRI is happening and you will have more info soon.

• Kikomoon

Mae - lol on the hospital food! We have to make the best of this shit stew I guess. We couldn’t even get the vending machines to work here and anyways they are out of water! And Gatorade. Am I asking for too much. Someone saw my mom and DH looking desperately for food and let them go in the nurses’ area for some working vending machines

I would probably be almost back from Houston by now had we gone. but I’m still sitting in the ER here!!! Ridiculous. I had a cat scan of the head which was normal. Now waiting FOREVER for the brain MRI. I’m like do y’all have to call the imaging team in from home or something?

• micmel

today is my birthday , I am 52. I was so full of life. I just hope I can see many more birthdays. I had sushi today yum! Piece of chocolate and vanilla cake. So I'm off to a good start. Sleep good to all.

Kikomoon ~ hope it's not too much longer.

Mae~glad to hear negative. Very good. You're so funny about hospital food! I can't even handle the smell. You're a trip.

Moth~ you’re on my mind

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071

Happy birthday, Me! I think you will be around to celebrate many mote

• Kikomoon

Happy birthday Mel! Here’s to many more!

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421

Happy belated birthday micmel .

illimae , glad you are going home. The food at MDA sounds more like you would get at a restaurant, small pleasures amonst the angst.

kikomoon, hope you are out of ER now.

moth, I am sad to hear you have had progression. Wishing you that silver bullet with the next lot of meds

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 723

A very Happy Birthday Mel! 🎂🎂 May you have many, many more trips around the sun!

Moth - I echo everyone else - sorry you have to deal with progression. Cancer is such a 💩. HUGS.

Mae - happy dance for clear spinal tap💃🏻💃🏻

Kikomoon - hope those hospital staff shake a leg andget you your MRI.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Happy happy birthday Micmel 🎉