Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,449

Runor, it was fun throwing the axe for sure. Good workout for sure.

Snowing here a bit, still may get out for at least one walk I think. Need to dig up my fleece as leggings alone will not cut it.

• mara51506

I still have leftover pizza hut pizza from yesterday with Tara, will use it in different things like eggs and add beans to it. Also have some boneless chicken nuggets as well, same drill for those. I really cannot eat much late at night anymore.

Exercise in the house, aiming for 6000 to 10000 steps I think between meals and chores. Surprisingly, my arms are not sore from have to go over my head, I did stretch a lot between throws and had to rest sometimes by sitting nearby. I did hit the board a couple of times but most often my axe just clattered on the floor, must angle them too much. It is also an expensive activity. I said let me get the bill without checking and it was over 100, unsure if I think it was worth that much but it was still fun and I can pay it gradually by adding a few dollars to any other charges that I pay off in a month. Being a hermit is cheaper I think.

Edited to add that I took a small chunk of pizza, really tiny, one of the chicken nuggets, spinach and two eggs. Blended this all up in my chopper and put in frypan, the mixture was similar to scrambled eggs. Added wheat bran and steak seasoning and used a bit of mayo to bind it together and it was really good. The pizza came through a bit along with the chicken and the seasoning was how I like it. I will have to remember that combo when it comes to pizza. More nutritious than the pizza alone.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,050

awesome axe throwing. I’d like a try. Never thought about how much it would cost. Happy birthday Mara.

I’m struggling my family is struggling. I can’t get away from it the stress is huge. Between my mother and my sister and the constant pain in my mouth. Basically was told that’s from the chemo. Sorry. It’s so painful my head pounds daily. Eating has become a challenge, tears are a many. Every relation of someone I know is in turmoil or struggling. I have no idea what each day brings.

Mae~ those little babies sure are the cutest little wiggles I’ve seen in a long time. How special time with them must be. I miss my tag and Deeohgee !

I’ve been reading along but down. But wanted to say hello. Love to all. nice to see runor pop in!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,923

(((((Mel))))). Do they have any suggestions for how to get some calories down?

I think your therapist might be willing to take payments given the circumstances. I know I would.

• mara51506

Mel, I am sorry your mouth has flared up again and of course for the constant stress of family and friends dealing with things, it is a lot and we understand why you are not always here. Thank you for checking in. Is the mouth pain related to cankers from the chemo or is it a burning mouth or nerve pain? Just wondering as I have experienced all from time to time and might be able to suggest things that could help. I am in your pocket always.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Mae - are the boys going to get sweaters and reindeer ears for Christmas photos? So cute, love the jewel tones!

Mel - Youve got a lot going on. Is there any way you can make yourself more comfortable for the time being? Pain always exacerbates stress. I know youve spoken about maybe going down a level on Ibrance, did you do that? Can you talk to your MO about finding ways to work with your discomfort for a little while?

Trying to get out the door and on the plane Thursday and of course the cat starts limping and OH gets sick with a bad head cold and low fever. Have to stuff cat into the (soft) carrier this morning to take her on the bus to the vet (and of course its raining). I think its a split nail but I want to make sure its nothing more sinister. She hates that carrier and will complain the whole way, Im hoping as its just past rush hour it won't be too bad for everyone else.

On the plus side, for once something in the cancer system worked as I got a text my letrozole script was auto-refilled and ready for pick up at the normal pharmacy. One less thing to chase!

• mara51506

Sondra, so glad you can pick up your prescription without a wait. That is great.

Mel, still in your pocket as well.

OK, I am officially a weirdo. I was cleaning out the Pizza Hut box that had soaked along with the dishes, it got wet and I discovered how much easier it was to tear it down for recycling. I tore it apart and then to dry it, took the over the door drying rack I have, pinned it up and let it dry out, threw in the recycle bag that does paper and cardboard. Easier than just flattening and taping the boxes, will do that with all others now.

Not planning to go out today as I do not need anything right now, going to walk indoors in short spurts and that is about it. I've eaten all the restaurant leftovers I had so will create meals for today with different things. I bought chicken wieners for some reason so planning to grind them up and have along with some beans, spinach and corn, will lkely involve steak seasoning and some queso and sour cream as well. I do keep the dogs frozen so left out to be able to pull them apart. I wrapped them in my microfibre cloths as I do not use paper towel so that the next time, it won't be an issue for me to have to wait, boiling in pot for few minutes draining and then grinding them.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Sandra, we've got plenty of sweaters now, I ordered several colors but no ear things, I doubt they make them that small and the boys wouldn't keep them on long enough for a pic.

Spent all day in El Paso yesterday for treatment and errands and with the electric heater off while we were gone it was too cold for all of us, cranked up the electric blankets and let the boys sleep with us. No one got up before 9am.

Getting excited for Thanksgiving, all that delicious food makes it my favorite holiday 😃

• mara51506

Is US Thanksgiving this week already, have a good holiday everyone celebrating it.

The weird idea I had with taking apart wet boxes and letting them dry on my rack actually worked, shoved them in the cardboard recycle bag. I will remember to keep doing it instead of struggling. Might even use the heated drying rack, will not put in the dryer under any circumstance though.

• micmel

Mara~ my mouth is just mainly a burning feeling. Like I ate pizza that was too hot and it just doesn’t stop. It’s quite irritating and extremely painful. I’ve tried just about everything, prescription items as well. Just sucks. There a diagnosis for it. I don’t remember. But it’s something else I now have. I’m open to any suggestions. It was sleeting here today. Ick! Not ready for that crap either. Hope you’re doing well.

Love to all

• josieo
    josieo Member Posts: 140

Hello Micmel,

Not wanting to play physician with you, but I recall that one of my grandmothers complained for years about a “burning mouth” but back then not enough research done to identify it. Years later a doctor told us that she was likely deficient in Vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 comes from animal products including meat, eggs, and dairy. The body can store a certain amount, but can deplete this if it is not replaced. There are other conditions that also affect Vitamin B12 levels. It is usually diagnosed via a blood test.

Might be worth getting it checked.

Prayers that you will feel better soon.

JosieO

• micmel

ty Josieo. I appreciate it. Welcome to the thread. Thanks for the information. I’ll look into it. Hope you’re well.

• micmel

my sister has been rushed to the hospital with a 104 degree temperature and her white blood cells are tanking. Please San looks some good thoughts our way. I so don’t want to loose my sister. Today is her birthday!

• micmel

my sister has been rushed to the hospital with a 104 degree temperature and her white blood cells are tanking. Please Send some good thoughts our way. I so don't want to loose my sister. Today is her birthday!

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071

Mel, I have said a prayer for your sister. I am sure that the doctors have. started her on antibiotics and are doing tests. I hope she is better soon. I am thunking of you, your sister, and your mom.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

So sorry Micmel, good vibes on the way.

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

Mel - sending a prayer up for you and your sister.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,923

Mel, Healing vibes coming your way.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,039

Mel-Prayers lifted for your sister.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Mel- good vibes are sent to your sister, mother and you.

• elderberry
    elderberry Member Posts: 1,067

mel: lighting candles for your sister's recovery from the fever. WIshing that just wishing could lift the burdens you carry on your shoulders.

• eleanora
    eleanora Member Posts: 299

Mel,

I am new to this thread, but have just read of your sister's illness. Sending positive energy and virtual hugs to you and your family.

Eleanora

• Kikomoon
    Kikomoon Member Posts: 358

Mel, sending positive vibes and saying a prayer for you and your sister. And your mom as well.

• moxie32
    moxie32 Member Posts: 51

Mel - I am thinking of your sister and your family.

• micmel

thank you ladies. They are testing for sepsis. I’m worried.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Mel, sending good vibes for your sister and your family, you've had such a rough time lately, hopefully they'll get this under control soon. Wrapping you in warmth, hugs and love.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,949

Mel, I’m sending prayers and wishing comfort for your family.

• micmel

we've all been through so much. We all take turns. I hope your doing better too kitty. Thank you for caring.

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 608

Prayers for your sister, Mel, and for you, too. It is so hard when our loved ones are struggling. Sending love your way. ❤️

My husband has decided he wants to pursue the End of Life Option, he has video visits scheduled with his doctor to meet the legal requirements here in California. I respect his decision and I love him so much, and I also wish we were both healthy and just disagreeing about where to go on vacation. I remember when those discussions were sooooo important and stressful! Would love for that to be our only worry again.

• josieo
    josieo Member Posts: 140

Micmel,

Joining the many good ladies who are praying for your sister, and also prayers for you. Sepsis is scary but a good infectious disease physician will hit it hard with some very specific antibiotics via IV. Has to be treated in the hospital, but sepsis patients are watched very closely. All the prayers will give her strength. Giving you a virtual hug.

JosieO