Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,449

Living, in your pocket hoping for good scan results.

Mel, you really are in the thick of things you poor dear woman dealing with your own health and cancer issues and of course filled with worry for Mom and your sister. In your pocket always sending my love your way and for your family as well.

• mara51506

Still sending healing thoughts to everyone, even if you don't need it, it certainly will not hurt. The burb below is about it for me today.

Well, sleep was mostly on the couch, I fell asleep around probably 10 while watching an old movie I've seen. Woke up close to 5 am, tried to go to bed for a couple of hours but that was not working out. Starting to think evening exercise may be the thing to stop me falling asleep on the couch and get my routine back to a more normal time. Not doing much today, already blended up some extra laundry ingredients. Blended the grated soap with some baking soda to make it a finer powder. Added a larger scoop of each in the laundry. Added a scoop of Tide and two big scoops of Oxiclean as well. Washing soda is being baked up as well and it will go in. I use my hands to combine it all, I do wash them right after and this stuff will last months as I only need a small scoop in my tiny washer. Waiting for some peanut butter, honey, mayo and some extra soap from Amazon. Will likely go for a walk but wearing layers as it is quite cold, need to get the A/C unit out of the window. May clean it by taking the front off first. I would like it clean before older DB comes to remove it. It is just way too cold. I could not warm up even with my fleece bedding. Going to cover the window with a temp garbage bag until DB can remove the AC. Would do myself but not trusting my ability to keep it inside once unscrewed.

• XfitMama2
    XfitMama2 Member Posts: 18

thank you all for your feedback andkindness :).

micmel- sending prayers for your sister and family.

• mara51506

Well, I am proud of myself. I had been worrying about my window AC and all the cold air coming in. It was super cold last night and even though I was under many fleece blankets, it was very cold. I decided since it is a smaller unit, I would chance bringing it in on my own as there is a night table/old panda dryer nearby. I watched youtube videos first and followed the directions to get it out, was not hard to lift out. They say to put on the floor but there is no space for that so I put it on a towel. I will need to get in there and clean out all the dust and stuff, wipe down what I can. I have since shut the window so it should not be so cold and I can open my bedroom door as well. I still have to put in my screen but that can wait, don't mind if the cleaning of the window sill takes time. I will also go section by section cleaning the air conditioner and covering it with a sheet as there is no real rush now. I do tire so easily.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Dear mel, my heart just aches for you. There are no words to make it better. I hope it helps just a little to know how much we all care.

mara, you're a wonder! And a marvel. Is there anything you can't do? I think I may have also tried to tackle the AC thing myself and then would have been so proud of what I had accomplished. Of course, like you, I'd be plotting the cleaning part and that would probably keep me awake.

Waving hello to all.

Carol

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

I’m hanging out in a cozy pocket for good scans, full hospital recovery and those feeling down. I’ll stay here because I care and also because it’s cold outside, brrr

• sunshine99

Wow, mae! It looks beautiful, but COLD!

• mara51506

Mae, it's super cold here too. Windy as well which prompted the AC removal. Feels better with window closed.

Carole, I researched the weight of my unit and since it was less than 40 lbs, I felt confident bringing it in. Cleaning will be one step at a time, covered with a towel for now. Thinking I'll take the front off and blow out with a stem jet. We will see.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

lets see if I can manage this...

Currently in Sweden where it snowed a good 4 or 5 inches last night. I couldn't find my snow boots before we left so gambled with the weather and lost. Its nice to be in a spot with less stress for a few days, and the lap pool five mins away, but the 245pm twilight is a bit tough. Heading to the US tomorrow and its going to be a reeaallly long day. All the layovers and driving to/from airports will take longer than the actual flight!

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421

Isn't fresh snow beautiful, thanks for posting the photograph. Have a smooth, safe journey to the US, sondraf.

• mara51506

Sondra, fresh snow always does look nice. Safe travels, enjoy your Thanksgiving in the US.

Mel, Kitty, Candy and everyone needing still in your pockets sending love and healing thoughts your way.

I must say, the ability to close my windows made a huge difference in my sleep quality, stopped waking up cold and actually went to bed before the middle of the night. Today, just waiting on peanut butter and honey from Amazon to come, it was the only thing that did not arrive yesterday but no big deal. Got the Mayo and soap. Not sure if walking outdoors since it is supposed to be rainy other than taking out garbage but will walk in here mixing in household duties. I also want to try sweet rice dishes which is why I am starting with honey, may get some cinnamon at some point and bust out my sugar to mix it with. Heater is making the living room feel warmer as well which I can appreciate, hope everyone has a better day today.

• mara51506

I am wand washing clothes which I like better than by hand, spinning and using my drying rack to dry them quicker. I keep forgetting this method of drying as it is out of sight when put away but better to have them dry without damage or shrinkage and I am impatient to wait for them to air or fan dry.

Edited to make this shorter. Peanut butter with rice, not good. Peanut butter mixed with honey, was good but think will use with toast instead.

• sunshine99

sondra, your photo was beautiful. I wish you safe travels and an uneventful trip. Don't you just love how the actual flight takes less time than getting there, waiting, etc?

mara, you've got another busy day planned.

mel, mae, and the rest of you lovelies, I'm wishing you a peaceful Monday.

Carol

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Sondra- safe travels to the US for Thanksgiving

Mara- you should put your washing and eating ideas on pinterest. People would find it so handy!

I went to the MO today and found out my scans were stable . Deep sigh of relief!

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 827

livingivlife Yaay so glad your scans were stable! A little relief is always nice.

sondra Looks beautiful! Safe travels.

Mara You are one busy lady! Always an inspiration to all. Agree with livingivlife, people would love to see your cleaning tips. I know I get most of my cleaning tips, recipe's ,crafts and so much more there.

• mara51506

We would have to see about the Pinterest thing. I am more comfortable sharing here and a lot of my ideas come from googling if something would work or watching it on youtube.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,050

In pockets for those who need. Been hanging on. Hope you ladies are doing good. Things are so tough I can barely come up for air. Just slowly getting worse. Life is so hard. Hugs to all

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Mel, my heart aches for you and your sister, I wish i could take way your pain. I've got a petscan in the morning, I've got a feeling I'll be back in the hospital soon, I don't feel as though I'm healing at all, it's so painful. Sondra, enjoy your trip and living, yay for stable. Waving hi to everyone else and wishing you all the very best xxx.

• eleanora
    eleanora Member Posts: 299

Mel and KittyKat

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. Wishing you the strength to get through these challenges.

Eleanora

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Livingivlife- Woohoo on stable scans. Just in time for the Holidays too.

Mel and Kitty- Thinking of you both as you are going thru so much.

Thinking of everyone on here. So many struggles.

• mara51506

Mel, I wish I could drive up to see you and let you put your stress on me. I don't have anything going on and wish that was a possibility. I'll do what I can by lending support and love to you.

Kitty, in your pocket too as you keep having to be in hospital and the pain. I am sending healing thoughts your way as well.

• mara51506

Living, if I have not already mentioned it, I did a happy dance for your good scans.

I plan to go out walking after laundry and breakfast are done, it is cold but sunny and there is no snow. I may make up something to get at the grocery store, we will see. Supposed to have sun and cold the next couple of days here and the sun melted most of the snow. I could use the walk as well. Got my honey peanut butter from Amazon, tastes good but will save it for english muffin I think. Not sure I would buy it again, need to stick to more necessary items going forward. I may make some peanut butter out of the PB powder, add water, mix up and add some honey. The powder does not taste good to me but added to something sweet, it winds up tasting the way I like.

• micmel

omg Mara. You're a sweet sweet person. Thank you … they keep running scans on my sister. Now all of a sudden there is a nodule on her lung. I think I'm in shock with all that's going on. I'm like a house of cards crumbling. You ladies thank you.

Kitty~ in your pocket as well. Hugs my friend …

Hi BooBoo and Tanya. Thinking of you.

Santabarb~ I found the card you sent. It made me smile. The dog magnet ison my van. I see it daily. Ty for a nice memory.

• micmel

Sfcakes~thinking of you and your family. Everyday. Sending virtual hugs of support. Much love,.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Dear Mel,

I don’t always post, but I want you to know I’m in the background praying for comfort and good results for your sister. It breaks my heart to hear how upset you are by all of this. I believe someone already said it, but often times it’s harder being a caretaker or sideliner than it is to be the patient. Hang in there. Keep posting and let it out…this is where it’s safe to say anything you feel.

Big hugs to you Mel.

• lw422
    lw422 Member Posts: 1,414

Hello all. I'm just lurking, as usual. I want to add my good wishes to Mel and her family, and to others who are going through a tough time. Maybe it's just the cold and dreary weather but my mood has sunk like a stone; I wake up feeling sad and hopeless for some reason. I like to check this thread to see how everyone is doing.

For those in the USA, have a great Thanksgiving this week.

• mara51506

Nel, you and your family are still dealing with a lot and it takes strong people to handle that. It may not feel that way but you have not stopped living and being there for your family and by extention us as well. We are all sending our support to you and your family as well.

One snack thing that does check out is having a tabsp of peanut powder mixed with 1 tbsp of water and honey. Less calories and similar to peanut butter taste.

• dutchiris
    dutchiris Member Posts: 783

Sending good wishes and prayers to Mel and Kitty.

I had a rod put in my right femur yesterday. It's painful but a bit better since I am out of bed

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421

Sending the warmth of the sun or an enveloping hug to help ease the pain or suffering that many are feeling att the moment.,

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,535

Good afternoon ladies

Livingivlife congratulations. 🎈

Mel sending hugs and hoping being with your family warms your soul a bit.

Kittykat sorry to hear that you’re in pain.

Mara I’ve never heard your voice but I thinks it’s soothing and sounds like all the bubbles you make. I don’t know much about Pinterest but I do enjoy your laundry and cooking.

Duthchiris I hope you have a speedy recovery. Booboo had that rod surgery. Maybe she can give you tips for healing etc. take care

Sondra F enjoy your travels and thanks for sharing. I love that you’re across the world.

Waving hello to all

. Tanya