Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,449

Mel, healing thoughts for you and your sister, in your pockets too.

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421

Mel, I hope your sister gets the best care and recovers quickly.

s-fcakes, my thoughts are with you and your husband. I cannot understand what you are going through now. I can understand the feeling of wishing I had appreciated how much simpler my life was in the past.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

I'm still in a lot of pain, they are keeping that wound open until the infection clears up, got the nurses coming every day still, all I want is to be able to sit like a normal person, and get on a plane to visit my other 2 kids and 6 grandchildren for Xmas.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 722

Mel - prayers for your sister and that her medical team can get on top of sepsis. And for you with that burning mouth.

s-fcakes- prayers for you as well. And kitty too. Cancer is such a cruel bitch🤬🤬🤬🤬

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,949

sf-cakes, I’m sorry it has come to this for you and your husband. Gentle hugs.

Kitty, I hope your pain gets better soon.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Thinking of Mel and her sister, sf-cakes, and Kitty.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,535

Mel sending prayers for you and your family.

SF cakes sending hugs. I love how you can support your husbands option bc that’s what he wants. Sending hugs

Kitty I hope everything is healed so you can visit with your family. It sound like you have a wonderful team working with you.

Tany

• mara51506

I am sending healing thoughts and love to sf cakes, Mel and of course our Kitty to get out of pain be it physical or mental.

Not doing much myself today, exercise, probably walk outside once it is warmer. Had to order some new fleece lined leggings off Amazon so they would come tomorrow. Wanted to pick up in store today but no store nearby had them and they would not be ready for a few days, not interested in waiting. I need to find a more winter style jacket or hoodie as well. I do have fleece under layers that work too but they are old and tired. I don't like the puff winter jackets either as they make it hard to carry my knapsack.

Going to walk up to the grocery store nearby and grab a couple things there, gives me an hour of walking total and with the cane, I do find it easier. Just need to learn to get out of cabs less awkwardly when dealing with cane, knapsack and purse. Realizing I should leave stuff in the card get out and then lean in and grab them. Will try tonight if my brother asks me to shop as well, just need out of the house. Feeling quite bored staying in and there does not appear to be a layer of ice, might wait until noon just to be sure.

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

Micmel— prayers for your sister and family.

Sending hugs as well

• dodgersgirl

SFCakes— sending strength and prayers to your family.

I don’t have the right words. Wish I did.

• dodgersgirl

Kitty— sending positive thoughts your way.

Hope the open wound heals quickly from today forward.

hug

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,050

Sfcakes~my heart goes out to you so much. I’ll be thinking of you and your family as well. Nothing really seems fair anymore or good. I’m wrapping you in hugs.

Thank you dodgers. Good to see you all. I know I have a lot going on but I don’t forget we are all going through our own cancer cruel hell. As someone put it. I am thinking of you all sweet sisters

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Oh, my! mel, cakes, kitty and everyone else, I'm so sorry. Sending my love to all.

Carol

• mara51506

Wow, what a struggle walking for just over an hour. I got some soap refill which weighs maybe 5 lbs and a couple cans of food. The walk there was still slippery so I stuck to the road as much as possible on the side streets. Paid for everything, put in the knapsack and then the ice was pretty much gone, I was not out of breath but the knapsack kept pulling me to the left and my left leg kept feeling like it could just go out on me. I did make it home slowly but more of a struggle than I like. Too bad I could not wear cleats as there is not enough snow for those. Emailing property manager to ask for salt to be kept in building under mailbox so it won't freeze, front steps are still quite slippery.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

I’m sorry for all the pain and difficulties you’re going through sf cakes, Micmel and kittykat.

It feels like the wrong time to share this but we had a small earthquake here in west Texas yesterday and man, it was thrilling. Barely noticeable by California standards but I haven’t had one in over 20 years, I was beaming.

• micmel

sounds interesting to me!!

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Mae- LOL A thrill and beaming over a small earthquake!

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 827

I am thinking and praying for everyone and their families who are going through difficult times. Sending love and hugs.

• mara51506

I remember a small earthquake where I live when I lived at my condo with Mom. It was not damaging but her seat was shifted a few inches and it felt really strange.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,544

sf-cakes: I am so sorry for this news. I can imagine that is immeasurably painful to hear.

micmel: That is so scary, and I'm sorry that of all the days this happened, it was on her birthday! I hope that things begin improving.

kitty: That sounds very painful and stressful. I hope you get to see your family for the holidays as well! Fingers crossed.

Our hearts go out to the three of you and are in our thoughts. Let us know if you need any additional support.

Sincerely,
    The Mods

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Living, I grew up in California and have always loved earthquakes. My last one was a big 7.1 in 1999 and I was totally jacked up for a week afterwards, so exciting!

• micmel

thank you mods. Very kind to extend your thoughts for our families. They basically told her the chemo isn’t working and now there may be bone marrow involvement. I’m hoping they try another chemo for her. She keeps running a fever up and down. Sepsis is another concern. So she’s being watched closely. So disheartening what we all go through.

Hugs to all.

Mae~ you’re a trip. But I agree fascinating!

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,166

Kitty, that just stinks. I hope you are well enough for your holiday plans

Mel - still thinking of you and your sister and hoping for the best possible outcome.

Candy - I saw you pop in. I hope things are going all right for you.

Mae - you're so funny. I lived in San Diego for years, where we only had little earthquakes. They didn't freak me out, but they didn't stoke me up either LOL

This is supposed to be the year I re-acclimate to winter weather. I ain't feeling it yet. Lol. The current temp is 41°F and I don't like it yet...and it's not really even cold yet. We're expecting snow tomorrow - but just flurries

Waving at Mara, KBL, Goldens, Chicagoan, sf-cakes (with another hug), Tanya and every other person whose name is not coming immediately to mind- all you lurkers, too! ;-)

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

I do read on here every day, sometimes I check in multiple times a day. Sorry I have not posted much. Less than I used to I know. I guess it is just hard to comment on everyone's struggles. Seems life is full of struggles.

I am doing ok overall. The fevers that plagued me for a month are gone. Hopefully they won't come back. Never found the cause. I have lost weight over all of it. Trying to gain some back, but it is hard since my appetite is poor and the Lynparza messes with the GI system. My last scans (Nov 7) showed stable liver mets. We never really check the bone mets. Bone scans don't work for me with all the arthritis. I am having a brain MRI Nov 28. We were going to do this during my fevers just to check it, but they could not get it scheduled until now. My MO said even though the fevers are gone to go ahead with the scheduled MRI just to dot all the i's and cross the t's. I pray all will be ok. NicoleRod on here had a brain MRI done for prep for a trial and they found mets. No symptoms. I pray they don't find anything with me. I have no symptoms, just those fevers.

Nothing new with my life. Still hunkering down with the colds, flu, Covid, RSV, etc etc out in the community and my low white counts. This is my life now, I guess. Hearing of others doing things and me not.

I think of you all and hope the best for you.

• XfitMama2
    XfitMama2 Member Posts: 18

hello all.

I’m a stage 2b, but I frequently follow this thread bc of the amazing community you all have here. I mourned the news of Moth with you all, and I follow you’re ups and downs. I feel connected.

Last week, my CT scan showed an 8mm mixed solid and ground glass nodule in my right (cancer side) upper lung. I have to go for more imaging and am considerably worried. I wonder if anyone has experience with lung nodules with these characteristics. I haven’t gotten much feedback in other threads.

Thanks in advance and I wish you all a happy Thanksgiving :)

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Xfit,

I wonder if you might have Sarcoidosis along with cancer. My diagnosis for Sarcoidosis was found in my lymph nodes when they did the breast surgery. You used a phrase “ground glass nodules” which is a characteristic of Sarcoid. It is very hard to diagnose because it looks like cancer on an X-ray or scan, so I’m not sure if you’d be willing to do a biopsy to diagnose it. I had it done, and it was not painful and minimally advasive.

I wish you good luck and if you have Sarcoid, don’t worry. I can help you navigate around that and cancer.

• mara51506

Xfit, on my different scans over the years, lung nodules noted with ground glass have come and gone, not to say there is not something else going on for you but it may pass. MO for me blamed a previous infection like a cold for it and never did much about it except watch for it in scans. In your pocket and glad Laurie can help if it is sarcoidosis or cancer.

Mel, Kitty, sf cakes, Candy and anybody else who I am missing, I am still in your pocket and wishing relief for all the troubles that are going on in your life. I know life is not fair but seems like sometimes it really wants to just pile on bad things by times. Hoping it lightens the load for everyone.

Quiet day here. Probably do some marching inside whilst watching movies. I am also comparing store prices to Amazon on some of my staples since it sure beats grocery delivery charges. Getting some extra soap and mayo, the Walmart store brand sour cream was gross so sticking with mayo as a starting point for any sauces. Already had some beans, cheese, rice and a bit of beefless ground. Later today, going to fry up some previously frozen Michelina's penne primavera. It is normally done in the microwave but I decided to thaw overnight. Going to add different things to it and if too much, put it in fridge as a component.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

In my thoughts Mel, Kittykat, SF cakes and of course all who are struggling with this sucky cancer.

I had my CT scan on Friday and an appointment with the MO on Monday for results. Trying to keep busy making snowman heads with Styrofoam balls but the anxiety is still looming.!

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 827

Candy just want to give you big air hugs, we all understand how you feel. I wish I had a magic wand to erase all the struggles everyone faces daily. Positive vibes your way for a negative MRI. Not doing much socializing lately either now that the cold weather is here, Trying to lay low since both my DH and I are high risk.

xfit Wishing you well on your nodule imaging. Nodules can appear for various benign reasons but I understand your concern. Hoping for the best.

livingivlife Sending good thoughts your way for a good scan. Yep crafting is great busy work, I enjoy it. Don't know what I did before Pinterest, love it! I made some really cute macrame ornaments for my daughter for her Christmas tree, was fun. Scanxiety will be looming here next month . Was going to wait until after Christmas for my CT but changed my mind and made an appointment the week before. Hoping I will get stable results and actually enjoy the holidays.

Waving hi to all in the room.

• micmel

Hello Candy. So good to see you sweet woman. I know how you feel. I’m not much for words these days. It is good your fevers arent back ! Sooo glad.

My sister is back In The hospital her fevers keep coming at night. So I’m worried she’s still receiving chemo. Big guns chemo. She’s worn out. Her birthday was Friday. I sent her flowers. I hope she smiled. I’m having such a hard time. I’m closest with my sister. Location and relationship. Her doc is advising no visitors. Because of infection. I’m wrestling with mom not liking her place wanting to go home. But is really being a trooper. She cries at night.

BooBoo ~Always nice to see you too.

To our new posters.welcome. Great to have you. Hope the lung turns out ok.