Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,050

will be in your pocket Rosie Hope recovery is swift

Good to see you 50’s you’re such a kind woman. Happy Thanksgiving !🦃.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Happy thanksgiving to all in the US celebration tomorrow, Goldens and SF cakes sending you both love and warm wishes. I got my petscan results, slight progression but I can't start chemo until this abcsess is resolved due to the risk of sepsis, I'm seeing the surgeon in the morning to find out if there is anyway to speed up the healing process. It feels like it's never going to be over.

• micmel

here’s hoping for speedy healing kitty. Hugs to you

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Kittykat- hoping they can sort out your abscess problems very soon. In your pocket for speedy resolve!

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,949

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate. We had our two friends over for dinner, and dinner was delicious. I’m stuffed. I’m already ready for bed, and it’s 7:00 here.

To those suffering, I am hoping for easier days ahead. I’m in your pockets.

• micmel

cheers 🥂 to better days ahead. For us all.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,449

Better days for everyone I hope, I hope you enjoyed whatever Thanksgiving you had if you celebrated it.

Well, no more washing my sheets, panda spin dryer breaking and will soon be non functional. My portable washer has done better this time. Going to steam clean bedding once or twice a week to take care of dust and brush them with a lint brush on the regular to rid it of cat fur. Tired of stuff breaking. It is easy enough to hand or wand wash, dry stuff in a towel and hand over a drying rack. If necessary, can use the tumble dryer to fluff clothes or towels. We will see. My wand washer does as good or better at washing anyway.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,535

Mara sorry your spinner is on its way out. My washing machine has been making a dreadful noise for a few weeks now. I’ll make an appt for it soon. Actually my dishwasher is coming apart too and my dh got money stuck in an unreachable place in the dryer. I guess we need a repair/handyman.

Rosie 24 I had nerve ablation several times. It worked on one side and not for long. I tried it several times. Candy said it didn’t work for her. KBL said it worked for her with PT. That’s why I did it again in August I think. It wore off by October and it was only done on one side so the other side was still painful but not as bad as the right side. NEver pain free. I would try something new again. I think everyone is unique and also the pin was targeted in different locations. I had a friend who it worked perfectly for. I pray it works for you.

Mel we didn’t do anything celebratory here. I raked some leave piles with my grandson. My dh is out of town and I didn’t feel like “cooking show” cooking and cleaning so we made Louisiana pasta and chicken. I threw spinach and broccoli in for a one pan meal and it’s all been eaten. We take turns cooking and allegedly today is my day. I have no ideas. Maybe a walk around a grocery store will inspire me.

Kitty I hope the doctors get to the bottom of your abcess soon. It sounds so uncomfortable and I know you’ve been struggling with this a good while.

Anyone going for Black Friday deals?

Take care all

Tany

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Tanya, no in person Black Friday shopping for me, it’s never been my thing and we don’t do Christmas/gift giving but I bought lots of stuff for myself all week, I love a good deal.

It’s been snowing last night and all day, we and the boys wish everyone warmth and comfort.

• micmel

that is so adorable. Too much cuteness. I’m jealous. Perfect sized dog for me at this stage in my life. Just adorable. What kind are they again?

• illimae

Micmel, they are are a chihuahua and terrier mix. Very easy to care for and travel with but small enough to make me worry about stepping on them.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,923

I'm curious how you heat your beach bar. I would think you would want it warm for that theme.

• illimae

Wren, DH installed a ductless mini split AC/Heating unit, which works well in the 12x18 space. We’re testing it in the weather now. Yesterday it got up to the low 60’s inside but we left it running last night and will check again after breakfast. Ideally, I want to be able to take off my coat and slide on flip flops inside.

• mara51506

Nothing happening here, laundry, surveys and possibly walking. Breakfast was unusual, I was almost to the point of wanting to order out or eat peanut butter so decided to use the microwave for it instead of pan and oven. I started out microwaving hashbrowns 1 min, flipping, another minute and after the 3rd minute, I took the plate, cracked an egg and added a slice of cheese to the top, microwaved the last 90 seconds. Added steak and italian seasoning, wheat bran and salt and mayo to bind. Mixed it all together. Hashbrowns were good, egg was done nicely as well, only difference in the hashbrowns is lack of a crunch but taste was just as good. Quicker way to have what I want, fewer dishes, win win.

• livingivlife

Mae- the picture is priceless!

There is a Golden Retriever rescue foundation in Ontario. We rescued one of our Goldens from there. They are wonderful there. I have had my eye on a 7 year old Golden called Daisy . There are two hoops to go through though: my husband and we live in another province! We are traveling to Ontario right after Christmas day so maybe Santa could arrange something 🤔

• micmel

Hello ladies I hope everyone who celebrated thanksgiving had a great day. Very quiet here. Little bit of empty nest syndrome going on. My family is just trying to get by each day with different battles. I hope all of you ladies had a peaceful day.

• micmel

• mara51506

I love that Mel, you embody all of those things.

• micmel

that’s our pocket duty chip! Always with us. Pass it from sister to sister. Thank you Mara. Sweet woman.

• mara51506

Mel, you are welcome, may borrow that saying for those IRL who might need to hear it as well.

Quiet day for me, laundry, housework etc, some chair workouts I found to combine with the regular walking, pretty rainy here today. Might vacuum hallway as there have been no workers for a couple of weeks no cleaning happening. Might wipe down the railings as well for me. Just making some noodles to add with a bean meal. Unsure what else I want to add yet.

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 608

Thinking of you all, there was a post several pages back from Booboo that I meant to appreciate, she was responding to another one of our crew seeking suggestions, and said "don't worry. I can help you navigate around that and cancer." THAT was such a beautiful and massively helpful response, it brought ME to tears! Thank you Booboo.

Congratulations Living on your scan results!

Hoping that the docs can figure out what's going on for Goldens, and also wishing speedy recovery for Dutchiris.

Mae, would love to hang out with you and your cuddle pups, shooting stars, and cool beach bar!

Thinking of Emac, Candy, Mara, Seeq, Mel, everyone else, please forgive me for not recalling everyone's name in this moment. You are all incredible.

Ordered some Godiva chocolates on sale for my Mum and my Auntie, getting other exciting chores done like changing the filter on the furnace! Putting the 2023 tabs on the car! Woo-hoo! Am going to hang up our stockings later tonight and listen to Diana Krall's Christmas album.

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 722

We are home from our little Thanksgiving trip. Thankfully there were no travel issues, made great time there and back. On our drive Thursday, my left shoulder became so painful, absolutely throbbing. I only took a few hydrocodone with me which did nothing. My husband is sure that when I had my thoracic esophageal echocardiogram on Wednesday, they must have made my shoulder worse by manipulating me under anesthesia. I spent the whole time away alternating ice packs on my shoulder. My best friend and her daughter were a blessing, they waited on me hand and foot. Tomorrow I will call my Ortho to see if I can do a steroid dose pack.

I am in a MBC group on Facebook and saw this photo today. It surely sums up who we are. Hugs to each and every on of you 🤗🤗🤗

• mara51506

Goldens, I am so sorry about the pain but also happy you got to spend time with family and at least had a good trip out of that. That quote is certainly true of all BC patients whether early all the way to MBC and is another good one.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Waving HI to all of you.

Spent my Thanksgiving night and Friday in the hospital with my brother. He had a kidney stone and had to have surgery to place a stent. He is alone (no wife or kids) too, so I stayed with him. I did really well with my nausea and fatigue, Praise God. I rested on Saturday. That was my Holiday. Hahahaha. No fun family dinner. That is what I do in place of fun-- hospital stays. Gotta love it.

Today I am doing the brain MRI. Was ordered middle of October when I had the fevers, but they could not get it scheduled until now. Fevers gone, but MO wanted to keep MRI appointment. I pray they don't find mets. I am having no symptoms, but we all know the worry when they get to looking into scans.

I read along and wish you all well.

• mara51506

Candy in your pocket for your scan, I am sorry your brother was dealing with kidney stones, hopefully the stent will be of help for him, glad you were able to stay with him as well.

I have been craving pizza all weekend so I finally just made a Walmart grocery order and got some frozen pizza, just pepperoni thin crust, added beefless ground, green olives and my own cheese on top, plan to eat small pieces as I would like to have it for a few meals. Should be just as good as pizza hut and far less greasy. Breakfast of champions.

Edited to add the pizza was delicious. I can also see using the sliced green onions with bean dishes as well. Going to try to make the pizza last four meals, we will see.

I slept better due to going to bed early for a change, decided that today I am going to start significantly increasing steps, just inside for now, more like the march I like so feet don't drag on the ground, may also go out later, we will see, starting to want chocolate pudding mixed with coolwhip and chopped oreos, would be a good dessert, will have to see. Also dug out a cute hat I used to wear when I first started with wigs. I may go out for something to do, we will see.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Good morning ladies. I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I ended up in the ER with a 102 degree fever. We were in the desert, away from my regular medical care. They admitted me with COVID and I spent two days there getting IV antibiotics. I’m back home and will call my MO this morning. Typing from bed on my phone.

• mara51506

Sunshine, so sorry to hear you got COVID. Hope the anitbiotics were helpful and other symptoms mild. In your pocket chasing out the COVID bugs.

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Sunshine, sorry to hear about your hospital stay and Covid. I hope it isn’t too bad for you.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,535

Sunshine rest up. I hope you’re feeling a little better.

Tany

• livingivlife

Sunshine- sorry to hear of your covid diagnosis. May you feel better soon