Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,050

sunshine ~ rest up and I really hope you’re feeling better soon. Covid is nothing to mess with.

Candy ~ sorry about your brother and his kidney stone. Ouchie. Have had them. They are awful.

We didn’t eat a fancy thanksgiving dinner either. We took a break knowing Christmas was breathing down our necks!!!’ Hot Santa breath. Buy buy. Wrap wrap. Mush mush. I’m in almost done though. Which is good. Now we have to get the tree. Another huge task decorating the tree. Ugh! I used to be able to shop around and get stuff done. I am not able any longer. I wrap five presents and feel exhausted. That’s no good!! Hugs to all!

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Candy,

While your Thanksgiving may not have been filled with turkey and stuffing, yours was way more important, lasting. You may not be really close to your brother, but I’ll bet that spending Thanksgiving with him in the hospital made a lasting impression. I wish for many days of love and hope for better daysahead for both of you.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

SF-Cakes,

I wanted to thank you for your very kind words. I have said before that the more I learn the less I know. So to be called out for anything I have said or wrote is truly a gift. So thank you.

• micmel

BooBoo ~ you’re such a good person. Tanya is lucky to have met you. Hugs to you.

Waving to Candy and living and ros

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Good morning, ladies. I’m home in bed, but we haven’t been able to reach my dad. My DH is driving back out there right now to check on him. I’m really worried. Thankful that he’s only 2.5 hours away.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

My dad is ok. Just wasn’t picking up his phone.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

Glad to here that sunshine, I bet your dad will answer the phone next time.

Haven't been able to work in the bar for several days due to thanksgiving, snow and high winds but I hope tomorrow is calm.

I do not enjoy in person shopping but online with all the deals going on, I've stocked a closet (that I don't have yet). $12 pj's and 50% off items are irresistible for me. Hopefully my mailman Charlie isn't too pissed off, lol

edited to add that my hot tub is finally shipping with a company that will deliver to my area, so that’s exciting 😃.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,449

In pockets for everyone needing it, sunshine, Mel and family, Candy, Kitty and others I am missing.

It is gray and rainy as well as a wind warning so probably staying in. The people are back at the next door apartment after weeks of quiet. I suppose that is good, really don't care at this point. Doing laundry, waiting on Amazon, wanted some liquid oxyclean for washing clothes, sewing my little lint filters as well, one more left to go and lint filters are part of that order. They do not last long. Forgot to order some drano as even with all the filters, stuff still gets down the drain.

Had a nice breakfast 1/2 cup black beans, 1/4 cup beefless ground, shredded chease with wheat bran for extra fiber. Once cheese melted in frypan, put on plate, added garlic powder, little steak seasoning and some chicken seasoning, no salt as that was in the seasoning. Put a small amount of mayo and mixed together. It was quite delicious.

• illimae

Good morning all. Finally a break from the cold and wind. Going to town today to run errands somewhere under that cloud layer.

• micmel

that’s beautiful Mae.

Hello Mara~ I’m not going out either. Cold here too. hope all is ok for all. Hugs!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,923

Snowed here yesterday and last night. I'll be waiting for Spring to drive again. Seriously, it will melt in a few days. My DH learned to drive in Alaska, so he did all the snow driving. I haven't tried since we married eons ago. It really looks pretty. I don't think my old house got much snow. It was too close to the water to get that cold.

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Hello all. Happy post-Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday to all of you. Thanksgiving for us was good. It was just my brother and my folks and I. We did Costco rotisserie chickens with mashed potatoes and my dad did make a cornbread stuffing, which is his signature every year. It was far cheaper to do it that way than buy a whole turkey and do a huge meal. I made orange sweet rolls for breakfast so all in all it was a good day. My brother even came and for the most part was pleasant so that was a nice surprise. For so many years we did the whole extended family gathering thing and I miss that, it was fun, but I'm getting used to these smaller holidays as life changes and they are still good.

I see my MO on the 15th and have scans on the 12th. Crossing my fingers all is still good there. I've had some pain in my neck and upper back but am still on the Dexamethasone it's tolerable. I've been having increasing trouble with my stomach since about late September and so I'm waiting to be scheduled for a colonoscopy. Not sure if I have developed IBS or colitis but over that time I am tolerating foods less and running to the bathroom more often with "the runs". I have Bentyl but that's no longer working very well. Everything I eat runs right through me so we'll see.

The winds have picked up and the leaves are mostly gone at this point but I got a shot of the tree outside my front door. It's my favorite every year. Warm thoughts and hugs to you all, I read along and share in your struggles and am hoping that we all find a little more joy and good days, this month especially.

• mara51506

Emac, I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving but sorry to hear you are experiencing digestive issues, if you are not on any digestive enzymes, I would honestly consider them as you may find them very helpful to you. Just a thought. They really repaired my own system when I dealt with digestive issues and the big D after steroids destroyed my digestive system and I am able to eat everything now.

• mara51506

Emac, I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving but sorry to hear you are experiencing digestive issues, if you are not on any digestive enzymes, I would honestly consider them as you may find them very helpful to you. Just a thought. They really repaired my own system when I dealt with digestive issues and the big D after steroids destroyed my digestive system and I am able to eat everything now.

• mara51506

Well, today is gray and a bit snowy. Have not done much except sew up one of my little lint filters for my portable washers to make it last longer. Got my oxyclean white revive liquid as well but some had leaked, complained to Amazon, getting a new bottle sent. I did not lose much but they did not question me.

Breakfast was scrambled eggs with olives, beefless ground, cheese and some wheat bran cooked up in a large mug. Topped with steak seasoning and garlic, bound with mayo. I must say I am getting tired of eggs. Going to give the last dozen eggs to Kelly since she loves eggs or uses them for baking. We are apparently going mall walking which will be fun and to Walmart. Will still do some walking today in the house. I cannot find a way I like the eggs without thinking yuck. Thinking of getting some pizza sauce, pepperoni with shredded cheese and olives and making small pizzas as a meal on top of english muffins, naan or hamburger burns. May need proper mushrooms. We will see, not always wanting frozen pizza. Could also do up some ground chicken dogs to, they taste really good.

• mara51506

Well, today is gray and a bit snowy. Have not done much except sew up one of my little lint filters for my portable washers to make it last longer. Got my oxyclean white revive liquid as well but some had leaked, complained to Amazon, getting a new bottle sent. I did not lose much but they did not question me.

Breakfast was scrambled eggs with olives, beefless ground, cheese and some wheat bran cooked up in a large mug. Topped with steak seasoning and garlic, bound with mayo. I must say I am getting tired of eggs. Going to give the last dozen eggs to Kelly since she loves eggs or uses them for baking. We are apparently going mall walking which will be fun and to Walmart. Will still do some walking today in the house. I cannot find a way I like the eggs without thinking yuck. Thinking of getting some pizza sauce, pepperoni with shredded cheese and olives and making small pizzas as a meal on top of english muffins, naan or hamburger burns. May need proper mushrooms. We will see, not always wanting frozen pizza. Could also do up some ground chicken dogs to, they taste really good.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Mae and Emac - both beautiful pictures

Kittykat- I hope your abscess is healing.

The last couple of days here have been cool but sunny. Last night and today there are high winds and rain. About 9000 without power this morning. Thankfully not us but fingers are crossed .

Have been busy this week finishing up my shopping and having lunch with friends. Today is a total rest day! Husband went to pick up groceries.

Waving hello to all of you.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Mae and Emac - both beautiful pictures

Kittykat- I hope your abscess is healing.

The last couple of days here have been cool but sunny. Last night and today there are high winds and rain. About 9000 without power this morning. Thankfully not us but fingers are crossed .

Have been busy this week finishing up my shopping and having lunch with friends. Today is a total rest day! Husband went to pick up groceries.

Waving hello to all of you.

• mara51506

Enjoy your rest day living, it is a hectic time of year for most people. My family decided on going gift free for birthdays and Christmas as we have decided we already have plenty of stuff. I am honestly glad they did that. Got a couple of cards to mail and give for birthdays this month. DB on Dec 6, SIL and great nephew on the 7th and nephew Zach on the 8th. I will pick those up and have to ask my nephew to message his address so I can send them the birthday and Christmas cards. I am tired of being totally disconnected from him.

• mara51506

Enjoy your rest day living, it is a hectic time of year for most people. My family decided on going gift free for birthdays and Christmas as we have decided we already have plenty of stuff. I am honestly glad they did that. Got a couple of cards to mail and give for birthdays this month. DB on Dec 6, SIL and great nephew on the 7th and nephew Zach on the 8th. I will pick those up and have to ask my nephew to message his address so I can send them the birthday and Christmas cards. I am tired of being totally disconnected from him.

• illimae

Ugh, watching in agony as DH slooowly breaks down cardboard boxes that I offered several times to do but he insisted he was going to use them. Getting to wall panels behind them is going to take all day at this rate.

• illimae

Ugh, watching in agony as DH slooowly breaks down cardboard boxes that I offered several times to do but he insisted he was going to use them. Getting to wall panels behind them is going to take all day at this rate.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Got my results from brain MRI done Monday (ordered back in October when I had the unexplained fevers, fevers gone now and no new symptoms). All clear for any brain mets. Woohoo. I didn't think they would find any, but we all know MBC can spread to the brain. So, as far as the cancer, next routine scans are Jan 30. And still on Lynparza.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Got my results from brain MRI done Monday (ordered back in October when I had the unexplained fevers, fevers gone now and no new symptoms). All clear for any brain mets. Woohoo. I didn't think they would find any, but we all know MBC can spread to the brain. So, as far as the cancer, next routine scans are Jan 30. And still on Lynparza.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,039

Great news Candy! Such a relief even when we are not expecting bad results. It's nice to have "cancer-free" confirmed.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,039

Great news Candy! Such a relief even when we are not expecting bad results. It's nice to have "cancer-free" confirmed.

• illimae

Candy, big yay for no brain mets

• illimae

Candy, big yay for no brain mets

• mara51506

Candy, glad there are no brain mets.

• mara51506

Candy, glad there are no brain mets.