Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Lynne, I’m sorry they’re keeping you, but glad you’re being looked after. I hope you’re able to get a bit of rest there.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Lynne, I’m sorry they’re keeping you, but glad you’re being looked after. I hope you’re able to get a bit of rest there.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,535

Lynne 50's girl hope you get home soon.

Candy congrats on the clear brain scan.

Sunshine I'm glad the nurse protected you from roommates.

DH tested positive for Covid after spending some time with friends. I tested negative at CVS but will test myself tomorrow to see if I have it or not. They gave him some pills.

Waving hello to all.

Tanya

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,535

Lynne 50's girl hope you get home soon.

Candy congrats on the clear brain scan.

Sunshine I'm glad the nurse protected you from roommates.

DH tested positive for Covid after spending some time with friends. I tested negative at CVS but will test myself tomorrow to see if I have it or not. They gave him some pills.

Waving hello to all.

Tanya

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,449

Tanya, in your pocket for another negative test.

Sunshine, hope you get some rest.

• mara51506

Tanya, in your pocket for another negative test.

Sunshine, hope you get some rest.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

50’s, I’m sorry you’re stuck in the hospital and I agree about sleep, I hated being woken up at midnight and 4am for vitals or whatever other crap they had planned, it sucks.

Still trying to finish my beach bar but getting much closer, once DH installs the last ceiling panels, I can knock out the rest in a couple of days.

• illimae

50’s, I’m sorry you’re stuck in the hospital and I agree about sleep, I hated being woken up at midnight and 4am for vitals or whatever other crap they had planned, it sucks.

Still trying to finish my beach bar but getting much closer, once DH installs the last ceiling panels, I can knock out the rest in a couple of days.

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Back to rainy grey London yesterday trucking a ton of stuff to make it through the year with home comforts. Was an exhausting trip - I dont know why it took me almost a week to get over the jet lag to the US but by the time I felt more like myself it was time to pack up and head back! I think its hard, too, when you are used to your own space and routine, to spend time with others (parents) used to their own space and routine, along with the general weirdness of reverse culture shock. But I got in some beach walks along the lake, watched soccer in a freezing, but fun, fan zone, visited with family.

Unfortunately I returned to four increasingly panicked phone messages from the surgeons office to have me call them immediately about some sort of change to the upcoming reduction surgery next Friday, so I can only imagine what THAT is going to be about on Monday. Fully expecting this to be delayed like everything else lately in this country.

50s - I hope you can hospital-break soon and get home feeling better, nothing worse than poking and prodding and 'professional curiosity'.

Candy - good news on those results.

Tanya - hopefully you dont catch Covid!

I know Ive missed a bunch of posts I wanted to respond to, but I seem to be at the top of the page and can't scroll back :/ I hope everyone can be as well as possible and enjoy the holiday season!

• sondraf
    sondraf Member Posts: 1,679

Back to rainy grey London yesterday trucking a ton of stuff to make it through the year with home comforts. Was an exhausting trip - I dont know why it took me almost a week to get over the jet lag to the US but by the time I felt more like myself it was time to pack up and head back! I think its hard, too, when you are used to your own space and routine, to spend time with others (parents) used to their own space and routine, along with the general weirdness of reverse culture shock. But I got in some beach walks along the lake, watched soccer in a freezing, but fun, fan zone, visited with family.

Unfortunately I returned to four increasingly panicked phone messages from the surgeons office to have me call them immediately about some sort of change to the upcoming reduction surgery next Friday, so I can only imagine what THAT is going to be about on Monday. Fully expecting this to be delayed like everything else lately in this country.

50s - I hope you can hospital-break soon and get home feeling better, nothing worse than poking and prodding and 'professional curiosity'.

Candy - good news on those results.

Tanya - hopefully you dont catch Covid!

I know Ive missed a bunch of posts I wanted to respond to, but I seem to be at the top of the page and can't scroll back :/ I hope everyone can be as well as possible and enjoy the holiday season!

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Lynne,

I’m very sorry to hear you are in the hospital. As everyone else has written, the hospital is no place for rest and relaxation. I absolutely hate going there. I can only imagine how scared you were when you were bleeding, and nothing was functioning correctly. Please take care, and I’m in your pocket for any further testing ahead. Big hugs to you.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Lynne,

I’m very sorry to hear you are in the hospital. As everyone else has written, the hospital is no place for rest and relaxation. I absolutely hate going there. I can only imagine how scared you were when you were bleeding, and nothing was functioning correctly. Please take care, and I’m in your pocket for any further testing ahead. Big hugs to you.

• mara51506

50's, hoping you get sprung soon.

Editing to trim post as original too verbose. Waiting for Amazon, laundry. Little cold, taking buckleys. Tested, am covid negative.

Tossing naan, won't crisp and high calories. Liking tomato sauce and olives so add those and cheese to beans instead.

Giving up 20000 steps a day, reduce calorie and 10000 daily better option for me.

• mara51506

50's, hoping you get sprung soon.

Editing to trim post as original too verbose. Waiting for Amazon, laundry. Little cold, taking buckleys. Tested, am covid negative.

Tossing naan, won't crisp and high calories. Liking tomato sauce and olives so add those and cheese to beans instead.

Giving up 20000 steps a day, reduce calorie and 10000 daily better option for me.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

50s girl- here's hoping you can get out of the hospital tomorrow back to your own bed and comfortable surroundings.

Mae- waiting to see the finished beach bar

Mel- how are you and family doing?

Sondra- I bet it does feel good to get home to your own home. It's nice to get away but always great to be home. It is very tiring. Hope your surgery isn't too far off.

We are going to Ontario right after Christmas Day .We are driving which usually means a two day trip but we are taking an extra day because of winter weather (who knows what it will be like) and I can't do the 10 hour driving days any more. We have rented an airBNB because that way my husband and I will have our own space.

It is a dull gloomy day here so I think it's a perfect day to rest with a warm cozy blanket and a good book.

Take care everyone ❤️

• livingivlife

50s girl- here's hoping you can get out of the hospital tomorrow back to your own bed and comfortable surroundings.

Mae- waiting to see the finished beach bar

Mel- how are you and family doing?

Sondra- I bet it does feel good to get home to your own home. It's nice to get away but always great to be home. It is very tiring. Hope your surgery isn't too far off.

We are going to Ontario right after Christmas Day .We are driving which usually means a two day trip but we are taking an extra day because of winter weather (who knows what it will be like) and I can't do the 10 hour driving days any more. We have rented an airBNB because that way my husband and I will have our own space.

It is a dull gloomy day here so I think it's a perfect day to rest with a warm cozy blanket and a good book.

Take care everyone ❤️

• illimae

No bar pics yet but here’s the boys (finally sitting, when told and without a treat).

• illimae

No bar pics yet but here’s the boys (finally sitting, when told and without a treat).

• livingivlife

Mae- they sit so good for the picture! With those big eyes and ears they are the cutest!

• livingivlife

Mae- they sit so good for the picture! With those big eyes and ears they are the cutest!

• mara51506

Mae, cute pups for sure.

Living, good for you, hope you enjoyed your book.

I found a person on youtube that just crisps tortillas to use as pizza crust, that would be much better. Will pick some up next week.

• mara51506

Mae, cute pups for sure.

Living, good for you, hope you enjoyed your book.

I found a person on youtube that just crisps tortillas to use as pizza crust, that would be much better. Will pick some up next week.

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

illimae— puppy pics are so cute! Thanks for sharing. Started my day out with a smile.

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

illimae— puppy pics are so cute! Thanks for sharing. Started my day out with a smile.

• mara51506

Not much here as usual, checked bills, all paid. Doing some survey site stuff for cash. Ordered garbage bags, so exciting and planning walks. Laundry mid progress for clothes.

Breakfast will include two boiled chicken hot dogs, debating some tomato sauce and some black beans with seasoning. Just going to cut the dogs once they cool and fry them up. Might put a fraction of rice for carb to cover the first outdoor 30 min walk. Want to have them done before 3 which would give almost 10000 steps.

Mel, hope that you and your family are still hanging in there and I am in your pocket as well.

Anyone I have missed like Sunshine and others, please know I am sending love from all of your pockets. We have a multiverse of pockets for each other as needed.

• mara51506

Not much here as usual, checked bills, all paid. Doing some survey site stuff for cash. Ordered garbage bags, so exciting and planning walks. Laundry mid progress for clothes.

Breakfast will include two boiled chicken hot dogs, debating some tomato sauce and some black beans with seasoning. Just going to cut the dogs once they cool and fry them up. Might put a fraction of rice for carb to cover the first outdoor 30 min walk. Want to have them done before 3 which would give almost 10000 steps.

Mel, hope that you and your family are still hanging in there and I am in your pocket as well.

Anyone I have missed like Sunshine and others, please know I am sending love from all of your pockets. We have a multiverse of pockets for each other as needed.

• mara51506

Planning 3 outdoor walks post lunch as they feel good with the cane. My cats are hilarious though. I usually run my long handle duster under the couch to pick up any fur that just makes it way under there. Pulled out my drying rack as I am drying clothes primarily on it, cats were first terrified of the fur, must have thought there was another cat there and then when I vacuumed it they were terrified of that and they really don't like the drying rack either but too bad, I need more than my door drying rack will hold. Was not feeling like the heated dry tent this time.

• mara51506

Planning 3 outdoor walks post lunch as they feel good with the cane. My cats are hilarious though. I usually run my long handle duster under the couch to pick up any fur that just makes it way under there. Pulled out my drying rack as I am drying clothes primarily on it, cats were first terrified of the fur, must have thought there was another cat there and then when I vacuumed it they were terrified of that and they really don't like the drying rack either but too bad, I need more than my door drying rack will hold. Was not feeling like the heated dry tent this time.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,050

hello ladies. Mara,living. Thanks for thinking of me and my family. My mother is settling in her home very nicely. We are happy about that. My sister is having issue after issue. It’s not looking too great. They found a nodule on her lung so they stopped chemo to test it. For chemo effectiveness. She’s been on and off chemo so much. No wonder it’s not working. She’s had blood count issues. Marrow issues. She’s truly in a serious battle for her life. Fevers coming and going. Breathing issues. It’s been really hard going through this. I’m broken hearted with worry. I’m holding my own. Soon I get xgeva shot. Yuck. Hope everyone is good

Mae~ those puppers are so Damn cute. I could just snuggle them right up.

Hugs to all you amazing ladies

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,050

hello ladies. Mara,living. Thanks for thinking of me and my family. My mother is settling in her home very nicely. We are happy about that. My sister is having issue after issue. It’s not looking too great. They found a nodule on her lung so they stopped chemo to test it. For chemo effectiveness. She’s been on and off chemo so much. No wonder it’s not working. She’s had blood count issues. Marrow issues. She’s truly in a serious battle for her life. Fevers coming and going. Breathing issues. It’s been really hard going through this. I’m broken hearted with worry. I’m holding my own. Soon I get xgeva shot. Yuck. Hope everyone is good

Mae~ those puppers are so Damn cute. I could just snuggle them right up.

Hugs to all you amazing ladies