Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Candy- yay for brain test results

Mae- my husband does the same thing (lol) he throws them all in the garage and when it's time for recycling pick up he is grumbling to himself about all the boxes he has to tear up

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Candy- yay for brain test results

Mae- my husband does the same thing (lol) he throws them all in the garage and when it's time for recycling pick up he is grumbling to himself about all the boxes he has to tear up

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 722

Candy - a little happy dance for you -💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

• goldensrbest
    goldensrbest Member Posts: 722

Candy - a little happy dance for you -💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

yay Candy, for no brain mets!

• kittykat9876

yay Candy, for no brain mets!

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

Candy— great news on your brain scan results!

• dodgersgirl
    dodgersgirl Member Posts: 1,902

Candy— great news on your brain scan results!

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,449

Glad to hear you have no brain mets Candy.

I am making a naan pizza, ground up some pepperoni as it was too thick, put a little beefless ground on top of naan already had tomato sauce put on, added green olives and shredded cheese on top, I am assuming it will be good, cooking in breville until cheese melts. Had some extra pepperoni ground left over so will use it with other meals for a different taste.

• mara51506

Glad to hear you have no brain mets Candy.

I am making a naan pizza, ground up some pepperoni as it was too thick, put a little beefless ground on top of naan already had tomato sauce put on, added green olives and shredded cheese on top, I am assuming it will be good, cooking in breville until cheese melts. Had some extra pepperoni ground left over so will use it with other meals for a different taste.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Candy, I'm glad to hear your news. I hope you can feel some relief.

I'm still resting at home. I don't have much appetite, so I've been drinking Ensure and eating bananas with plain yogurt. My temperature is staying within normal range, for which I am grateful. The care I received while in the hospital was amazing and my nurse even fought to keep me solo in my room. "SHE'S NEUTROPENIC!!! YOU CAN'T PUT SOMEONE IN THERE WITH HER!!"

I was in a sealed room with the zippered plastic door with a clear window. DH came to see me but had to stay outside. He brought me a few things like my phone charger and my Kindle, so that was nice,

I hope everyone has a good Friday. Stay healthy!

Carol

• sunshine99

Candy, I'm glad to hear your news. I hope you can feel some relief.

I'm still resting at home. I don't have much appetite, so I've been drinking Ensure and eating bananas with plain yogurt. My temperature is staying within normal range, for which I am grateful. The care I received while in the hospital was amazing and my nurse even fought to keep me solo in my room. "SHE'S NEUTROPENIC!!! YOU CAN'T PUT SOMEONE IN THERE WITH HER!!"

I was in a sealed room with the zippered plastic door with a clear window. DH came to see me but had to stay outside. He brought me a few things like my phone charger and my Kindle, so that was nice,

I hope everyone has a good Friday. Stay healthy!

Carol

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Candy— Adding my pat on the back to you for having no brain mets! It’s always nice to be told we don’t have something we didn’t want anyway

• Rosie24
    Rosie24 Member Posts: 1,026

Candy— Adding my pat on the back to you for having no brain mets! It’s always nice to be told we don’t have something we didn’t want anyway

• 50sgirl
    50sgirl Member Posts: 2,071

Candy, Woohoo for no brain Mets. I am doing the happy dance for you.

I have been in the hospital for the past three days. My platelets dropped to 20 and my hemoglobin dropped to 5. I think it was reacation to new chemo. I had to cancel repeat of brain mri that was supposed to tell us results of WBR. I was unable to stand , had bloody nose, and truly thought the end was coming. I have had multiple transfusions of platelets and red cells and and feeling better, but this is a slow process, and I have no idea when I will get out. So many doctors sticking their noses into things.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• 50sgirl

Candy, Woohoo for no brain Mets. I am doing the happy dance for you.

I have been in the hospital for the past three days. My platelets dropped to 20 and my hemoglobin dropped to 5. I think it was reacation to new chemo. I had to cancel repeat of brain mri that was supposed to tell us results of WBR. I was unable to stand , had bloody nose, and truly thought the end was coming. I have had multiple transfusions of platelets and red cells and and feeling better, but this is a slow process, and I have no idea when I will get out. So many doctors sticking their noses into things.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Hugs and prayers from, Lynne

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421

Candy , happy dancing with you :)

50sgirl, sorry that you are in hospital, but glad you are feeling better. I hope you recover quickly, so you can get home soon.

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421

Candy , happy dancing with you :)

50sgirl, sorry that you are in hospital, but glad you are feeling better. I hope you recover quickly, so you can get home soon.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,039

50sgirl-How terrifying. I'm glad things are settling down and hope you will be able to go home soon and reschedule the MRI. You are in my prayers.

• chicagoan
    chicagoan Member Posts: 1,039

50sgirl-How terrifying. I'm glad things are settling down and hope you will be able to go home soon and reschedule the MRI. You are in my prayers.

• sunshine99

Lynne, I'm so sorry. Are you back home yet? My two days in the hospital after Thanksgiving were rough, even though I was getting good care. It's just hard being hooked up to IV lines, monitors, etc., when all you want to do is to sleep.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and that those pesky platelets get back where they belong!

Carol

• sunshine99

Lynne, I'm so sorry. Are you back home yet? My two days in the hospital after Thanksgiving were rough, even though I was getting good care. It's just hard being hooked up to IV lines, monitors, etc., when all you want to do is to sleep.

Wishing you a speedy recovery and that those pesky platelets get back where they belong!

Carol

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 608

Candy, great news, and I hope those mystery fevers stay gone!

50sgirl, sending you healing platelets energy, I'm so sorry you're in the hospital. My platelets dropped down to 30 after my first cycle on the high dose of Ibrance, and it did take a while for them to recover. Hope yours start climbing.

Sunshine, glad you're home, and I love how that nurse was like a mama bear with you.

Mara, the naan pizza sounds good.

Raising a glass of River City root beer to everyone here.

• sf-cakes
    sf-cakes Member Posts: 608

Candy, great news, and I hope those mystery fevers stay gone!

50sgirl, sending you healing platelets energy, I'm so sorry you're in the hospital. My platelets dropped down to 30 after my first cycle on the high dose of Ibrance, and it did take a while for them to recover. Hope yours start climbing.

Sunshine, glad you're home, and I love how that nurse was like a mama bear with you.

Mara, the naan pizza sounds good.

Raising a glass of River City root beer to everyone here.

• 50sgirl

Thank you everyone. I have been told that I will remain in the hospital at least through Monday. I would love to be home getting a decent night sleep in my own bed. It’s so hard to sleep here

• 50sgirl

Thank you everyone. I have been told that I will remain in the hospital at least through Monday. I would love to be home getting a decent night sleep in my own bed. It’s so hard to sleep here

• kittykat9876

Lynne, it sucks that you're stuck there til Monday , it's so hard to rest in hospital but it's the best place for you, get well soon xxx

• kittykat9876

Lynne, it sucks that you're stuck there til Monday , it's so hard to rest in hospital but it's the best place for you, get well soon xxx

• mara51506

Lynne, hope you get out of hospital soon, hospitals definitely are not restful places, sending healing thoughts to your platelets from your pocket.

Rainy here, walking indoors, a bit at a time to hopefully 20000 steps throughout the day, we will see if I get there. My cousin Dennis sent me a book he wrote entitled the plague years 2020 to 2021. Mostly seems to be a history of what he was up to during the worst of Covid. A lot of pictures of my Aunt Ann Marie and late Uncle Clarence and some other cousins, should be interesting reading for sure. Emailed a thanks but still need to buy some birthday and Christmas cards this week and now I finally have his address to be able to mail a card to him. Already emailed a thank you for the book.

Made it to 11000 before I got tired. Will try again tomorrow.

I used my tomato sauce, slice of cheese, little pepperoni and beefless ground along with small amount of beans with green olives. Added a blend of beef, vegetable and chicken seasoning with whole wheat bran sprinkled. Made it up in the frypan, cooked til cheese melted. Plated and it was really good, think I will use pizza ingredients subtracting the naan I put it on, they taste good on their own.

• mara51506

Lynne, hope you get out of hospital soon, hospitals definitely are not restful places, sending healing thoughts to your platelets from your pocket.

Rainy here, walking indoors, a bit at a time to hopefully 20000 steps throughout the day, we will see if I get there. My cousin Dennis sent me a book he wrote entitled the plague years 2020 to 2021. Mostly seems to be a history of what he was up to during the worst of Covid. A lot of pictures of my Aunt Ann Marie and late Uncle Clarence and some other cousins, should be interesting reading for sure. Emailed a thanks but still need to buy some birthday and Christmas cards this week and now I finally have his address to be able to mail a card to him. Already emailed a thank you for the book.

Made it to 11000 before I got tired. Will try again tomorrow.

I used my tomato sauce, slice of cheese, little pepperoni and beefless ground along with small amount of beans with green olives. Added a blend of beef, vegetable and chicken seasoning with whole wheat bran sprinkled. Made it up in the frypan, cooked til cheese melted. Plated and it was really good, think I will use pizza ingredients subtracting the naan I put it on, they taste good on their own.