Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

My Husband, My Life, My Love, My Family, My Cancer

Comments

• sadiesservant
    sadiesservant Member Posts: 1,875

Thanks Tanya. This CT is a bit anxiety inducing as it’s the last chemo my MO will recommend if I haven’t responded. I suspect this one is off the list regardless as it looks like I developed interstitial pneumonitis from lung toxicity but if I am stable then he might want to try something else. If not….

Sending hugs to everyone struggling and hoping you pipes thaw Mae. We’re supposed to get a cold snap here over the next few days. Down to minus eight Celsius which is unseasonably cold for Victoria. Brrrr..

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 10,050

Sadie~I hope they try something else. Thinking of you. Hello Sunshine, hope all is well.
    we had someone new post here and I missed her name. I don’t Iike when I do that !

• emac877
    emac877 Member Posts: 688

Sadiesservant - sending you warm thoughts and I do hope that your MO has something else they can try. In the mean time I hope that you recover quickly from the pneumonitis.

Mara- glad the winds have shifted. That sounded miserable.

Mae - Wishing you a quick recovery also. Knees are so hard when they are sore like that, particularly when the weather is cold. Hope you have a warm blanket and the rest does them well.

Mel - I continue to think of you and your family. Sometimes words just aren't adequate. I just want you to know I'm over here rooting for all of you.

Not much to update from my last post. I got to dog sit my parents dogs (two mini Aussies and a Jack/Chi mix). It was nice to have the company. Today I'm just doing laundry and vacuuming up hair now that they've gone home. LOL.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,449

Sadie, in your pocket, definitely stay warm. The winds here were miserable when they were so strong. I also hope they find something else to try as well.

• cookie54
    cookie54 Member Posts: 827

Mara- glad to hear you warmed up today and your spiked cane is on the way! Your sweet treat sounds yummy, I mix a little almond flour and peanut butter with a splash of pure maple syrup and mini semisweet chips. It tastes similar to chocolate chip cookie dough, yum, need something to satisfy my sweet tooth.

emac- great news on stable!

kbl- Yikes, UTI's stink and yes those AZO pills OTC do wonders in relieving symptoms. Feel better soon.

Sadie- Sending hugs and positive vibes for a good CT.

I read along daily and send prayers up for everyone and their families who are struggling. Waving hi to all in the room.....

• sadiesservant

Thanks ladies. It’s complicated for me. I have a good problem in that my cancer is slow growing. The downside is that I don’t seem to respond to most chemotherapies. So far only Xeloda worked. Given that my MO believes I am endocrine resistant at this point, my options are limited. CT has been reported now which means my MO can see it. I expect he might call tomorrow. I can’t see the results for another week. 🙄 The paternalism drives me nuts!

• micmel

time to try for bed! Haven’t been sleeping all that great. Anxious. I’m Worried about my sister, I contacted her hospitals social Worker and arranged for them to reach out to my sister for Christmas family. They came yesterday and provided Christmas for her and her granddaughter. I’m so glad the timing worked out. Now she can have a Christmas during this awful time for her not working and waiting for disability. So glad it worked out. She deserves it.

Hope everyone else sleeps well. One more week before Christmas. My DH has a Christmas Eve birthday and it’s awful. No matter how hard we try it’s just too difficult to plan anything half decent. Everyone’s running around doing last minute things. Who wants birthday cake when there is chocolate and cookies all over. So I don’t know what I’m going to do yet for that. It seems like since having cancer I’m not as sharp takes double or triple the effort fo get things done.

We got out lovely tree today I love it. Smells so good. I’ll be working on that tomorrow post your pics. I love seeing everyone’s trees. Even if it’s a Charlie Brown Christmas tree. All trees are welcome. !!!

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,165

Mara - I can relate to drafty doors and windows. We've had the outside of our windows caulked and added weather stripping and better door sweeps. I wish I had a cat-proof suggestion. I'm glad it's not your normal weather situation, at least.

Goldens - oh my! I hope they can get your breathlessness figured out. It must be scary and frustrating. Good news on the knee surgery progress and shoulder surgery referral.

KBL - Ugg on the UTI - glad you're past that. With your daughters family living in your old house, at least you don't have to worry about those address changes that straggle through - there are bound to be some. I second what Mae said, let us know if you travel to TX.

Mae - Ouch! Does the doc think it will heal up on its own? My dh had to have surgery to fix his.

Mel - I'm so sorry the chemo is not going well for your sister. It was really thoughtful to advocate for a Christmas for her and her daughter. I'm sure she feels loved.

We've had a good day here. We went to a small Christmas party. I made a double "wreath" of little jalapeño popper-style pigs in a blanket. It actually turned out and looked like it should (really a surprise, for me lol). They were yummy, too. My DD had hoped to come up for a visit this weekend, but ended up having to work. She'll be here early for Christmas 😀 and then we will have her dog while she travels for three weeks.

So, I may not get my scan results until after Christmas, since my doc is out this week. I'm not really thrilled about it, but not steamed, either. Partly, because I'm not expecting any changes (fingers crossed). Also, I'd been on the fence about seeing the results before Christmas, so that just changed the decision I'd finally made. The nurse offered an alternative solution, so they aren't being insensitive. I just don't want to see a diff doc for the results, since I barely know the doc I have now (only seen him twice - NED from the start). The nurse is supposed to talk to him about releasing the report when available, so we'll see. I'm not gong to press the issue now, but I plan to discuss it with him when I do see him. If there's something new, I'd rather have time to digest the information and prepare, rather than being caught off guard during a short visit.

• kbl
    kbl Member Posts: 2,949

Thank you, everyone. I started feeling some stinging again last night, so I’m keeping an extra eye on it today. I hope to hell it’s not coming back.

Mae, I will definitely let you know if I come to Texas. I’m sorry about your knee. Ouch.

Sadiesservant, I’m hoping they can find something that will work for you.

SeeQ, I thought it was law that they have to show results as soon as they’re ready. I get mine in my portal as soon as they’re ready.

Mel, thinking of you at this hard time.

Hugs to everyone I’ve missed.

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,167

Saying HI to all.

I continue to read along here and consider this my main Thread. I do read other Threads, and may comment from time to time, but this is my main one.

Not much here. Next scans are not until Jan 30. Just continuing on the Lynparza, twice a day every day. GI upset and fatigue are the main side effects. I am still not going out into crowds- church, restaurants, etc. Lots of illnesses around- flu, stomach bugs, RSV, Covid. Several friends that I talk to on the phone have had some illness or another. Supposed to be a cold week. Highest temp is projected for Tuesday, at 39 degrees Fahrenheit. Friday is supposed to be in the single digits. Snow planned for Thursday, not saying how much yet. So, maybe my staying in will be ok for this week. Quiet Christmas planned. Our small family doesn't do much on the Holidays anymore. Anyway, just wanted to post an update, since I don't post as much anymore.

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Well, I got my surgery date, Tuesday DEC 20, so it's looking like a sore Xmas for me. Mel, Finn's birthday is also Dec 24, we make sure he gets his own special day, this year his mum and dad are taking him to a theme park with water slides and rides, I will have to miss out this year but they are picking me up after and having cake and presents and I'll stay the night to be there Xmas morning when he wakes up. Goldens I'm sorry you're having breathing problems and Mae, I hope your knee doesn't take too long to heal. Yay for everyone who's stable and in pockets for everyone that's struggling right now.

• mara51506

cookie, that snack sounds really good, may have to check into it. Will screenshot it before it gets lost in our posts.

Mel, I am glad Christmas is being provided to your sister, will be a nice time for her. Hope you got some sleep as well, in your pocket, telling you boring stories.

My house has been normal feeling, have not needed extra heat or fleece. Winds are in the opposite direction which is good.

Not sure what I want to do, I am doing my little surveys, mobile games and videos for money, games and vids are paid for ads that play then they pay me a small portion, usually 15 to 20 US dollars per week which is a benefit in case anyone wondered. I don't even have any laundry as I got it all done last night. Planning to try out a taco dinner bake sort of thing for one of my meals, taking the beefless ground, adding to frypan and adding bit of water and taco seasoning and putting queso and cheese on two small, round naan pieces as one of my meals. We will see how it goes. May also shop for some different flavoured chips for my small desserts, I still am keeping these small as well but they are really good.

• mara51506

Candy, I am sorry about the continual GI upset, in your pocket. I can also appreciate staying home with all the illness at home.

Kitty, I am glad that although it will be a sore Christmas, you are getting to spend it with family which can be so important.

• booboo1
    booboo1 Member Posts: 1,196

Candy, It’s always good to hear from you. I hope your GI upset goes away so you can enjoy your Christmas. In your pocket for scans in January.

Kitty, how is the healing coming along with your abscess? I’ve been reading along and hoping to hear it’s all clear.

Mel, I think of you often; what a very nice thing you did for your sister. Hugs to you, girl.

I am feeling so completely blessed this Christmas. I love buying my nieces and nephews things, and even stuff for their little ones. I am having a great time. I’m hoping all of us can push away the thoughts that bring us down, and instead look for one thing that you are grateful for. I am grateful to be back in PA with my family. And yes, Tanya, it is COLD here, but I’m loving every minute.

Reporting for pocket duty for all that need it.

Love to all.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,708

The plan for my knee is to do a couple of sessions of physical therapy (for the evaluation and at home exercises), possibly followed my a steroid shot in the knee, which usually provides 6mo-2yrs relief. The doc said she wasn’t sure if anyone would do surgery with me being stage IV but I assured her that someone would take the insurance money but that is a last resort.

• mara51506

My Christmas will be different this year. I think I've mentioned that getting up and down stairs with no railings made going to DB house a no go anymore. We will be going out for a pre Christmas meal instead and I will stay on my own. I don't feel bad about this, Thanksgiving was fine, they brought me stuffing and I am sure they will share any Christmas leftovers as well.

My plan is to find a good movie to rent and order movie theater popcorn, the real, stupid expensive stuff and find a movie I may want to watch. Should not be hard, there's Disney streaming, movie rental sites or even other sites as well. I think that would be fun for me. We will see.

• illimae

Pure joy for DH this morning, he’s been working hard for this moment.

• tanya_djamila
    tanya_djamila Member Posts: 1,535

Mae wow just WOW!

Tanya

• seeq
    seeq Member Posts: 1,165

KBL - I used to get mine right away, too, when I was in Florida, but the scans were at the hospital, not at the doctor's office. It looks like there's an exception if the doctor thinks it could do harm - say releasing an unexpected (initial) dx without consultation. I think (and I'm hoping) that a conversation with my MO will resolve the issue. My first scans at this office were released (after a different doctor reviewed, cuz my doc was out for a week - again), so I wasn't expecting an issue.

Booboo - good to "see" you. I'm glad your having a fun Christmas season with family and little ones.

Mara - there's no way I could do a full flight of stairs without railings.

Mae - that's amazing!

Ugh. Predictive text is killing me today! I tried to catch all the errors; otherwise I'd sound like a complete idiot. I don't need any help with that. Lolol

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

Mae- wonderful- your DH will be so happy

Kittykat- it will be a sore Christmas but being with your family on Christmas morning is the best part. We always had my mom stay with us over Christmas.

KBL- waiting for scan results is the worst especially at this time of year

Mel- it's a great thing to do to make sure your sister will have a Christmas! Has your mom settled in more to her surroundings?

Booboo- you sweet woman who feels the goodness and happiness in everything! You are blessed.

Candy- it is good to hear from you. There is a lot of colds, flu and covid going around here too.

Mara- where will you go out for dinner with your DB ?hey enjoying popcorn and a good movie sounds good to me!

• sadiesservant

Hi all. I posted on the liver mets thread but to make a long story short, news is not good. Significant liver progression. Apparently, according to my MO, my liver is huge. I also have issues with my kidneys.I suspected that the chemo was not working but had been hanging my hat on “slow growing”. As you can imagine, I’m in a bit of a fog. No discussion of an alternate treatment but I’ll reach out to him to ask about one more hormone based treatment. Can’t hurt.

Wishing all of you experiencing pain or challenges a quick resolution. Sorry I can’t list you individually. Brain cells have checked out for the moment.

• micmel

oh Sadie ~ that really sucks. I re hope. They can pull something out of. The arsenal. Effin cancer I hate you. Wrapping you in hugs.

• sadiesservant

Thx Mel. I appreciate the support. Yes… effin cancer!

One thing… full disclosure… I'm Pat. Sadie is the demanding collie. 😁

• mara51506

I am not sure where we will eat, we went to Swiss Chalet recently for my birthday, we will probably eat elsewhere I would think, my brother mentioned Crabby Joe's or Montanas though I don't like Montanas. We will figure it out.

• denny10
    denny10 Member Posts: 421

sadiesservant, oh sh**. Thanks for letting us know what is happening. Effin cancer, just when you think you know where you are on this path, it throws another nasty. Lots of hugs and positive thoughts coming your way.

• eleanora
    eleanora Member Posts: 299

Dear Sadiesservant:

I join in everything all of the above posters have said about sending positive thoughts, hugs and energy to you for this stage of your battle. Fingers crossed that there is a treatment that will buy you more time until you can find a trial

Eleanora

• illimae

sadiesservant, count me in your pocket too for next steps and hopefully something to knock the beast back and get you feeling better.

• livingivlife
    livingivlife Member Posts: 454

I'm in your pocket with everyone else Pat. May the MO come up with a solution to kick this sh.. to the curb. Sadie needs her servant!

• kittykat9876
    kittykat9876 Member Posts: 420

Pat, in your pocket as well hoping there's something that can be tried.

• sunshine99
    sunshine99 Member Posts: 2,723

Sadiesservant (AKA Pat), I'm so very sorry. I wish there were words say besides, "I'm sorry" but I don't know what they are.

(((hugs)))

Carol