Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lita57

Options

Comments

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

Lita, you crack me up with your clear-headed COMMON SENSE!! 

I stopped using talc powder years ago when I heard about the talc-ovarian cancer connection. I never stopped to think how could talc possibly cause ovarian cancer. I'm trying to picture ladies powdering themselves and slamming the talc up there. Too funny. 

My Grandmother died of ovarian cancer in 1957. Can I sue J&J on her behalf? 

Also, Grandma probably had the BRCA2 mutation, since my Mom and I both have it as well. 

I'm feeling sad today as the anniversary of my Mom's passing was yesterday. 

• Maire67
    Maire67 Member Posts: 418
    Options

Lita, so true.

I have breast cancer because I smoked from age 15-30, drank red wine and still do when I eat pasta , lived in NYC ground zero of pesticides...you haven’t lived until you’ve been in roach central with moms who waged war with sprays (not to mention the mosquito trucks in the summer) I swam in the Atlantic around NY when the garbage barges dumped 4 miles off shore. I also played in polio water( puddles) I had a chest X-ray every 3 years as a nyc teacher to prove I didn’t have TB . I guess I’ll start suing my mom...whoops she passed away at 94. Guess not.

Lita your brilliant description of applying baby powder will make me laugh out loud for months.

Sending hugs Lita. So Good to hear your thoughts. Maire
  • Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    Options

My "legacy" baby blue spruce is finally in the ground, we named him Fatty Boy because he's a cousin of the Fat Boy spruces. He will live on after I transition.

• minustwo
    minustwo Member Posts: 13,102
    Options

Lita - It's a beauty of a tree. I love the Blue Spruce. Thanks for sharing.

• molliefish
    molliefish Member Posts: 650
    Options

You beautiful Lita, we have three blues in our yard. 2 full size 35 - 40 foot guys and a wee mini blue in a corner spot to near the pool. We love them, and

from here on I will think of you and your family when and care for this tree.

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,892
    Options

loving the tree! 🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲🌲! So special

• Beatmon
    Beatmon Member Posts: 617
    Options

Lita, we planted a Christmas tree our first year in our house. ( then found out baby son allergic to cedar/pine.No more indoor.

But I wanted to tell you we have lived her 35 years...and the tree towers above our house.

I’m going to add a cute blue spruce after enjoying your picture.

Glad to see you posted

• Bliss58
    Bliss58 Member Posts: 938
    Options

Lita, that blue spruce is gorgeous, and a great idea. Hugs.

• MJHJAN1014
    MJHJAN1014 Member Posts: 622
    Options

Lita- YOU ARE A FORCE! Love your feisty spirit! I had a good belly laugh after reading your possible application method! Not on your thread often, but check in on you regularly. Could we also sue deodorant manufacturers for it's supposed connection to breast cancer, oh, and how about brassiere makers for too tight underwire bras that "may cause breast cancer?". I agree with you; it's total bullcrap.

Best, Mary Jane

• Lita57
    Options

Let's just sue EVERYBODY! SillyHeart

L

• Lita57
    Options

Happy Cancerversary to me!!!

It's been three miserable years now (4/14/16 - 4/14/19) since Dx.

How come I'm not happy? I should be thrilled to still be alive, but it's getting harder and harder to walk or even hoist myself up out of a chair.

I have Fred Flintstone Feet, Tree Stump Calves, and Stovepipe Thighs, all thanks to Gemzar IV chemo edema, which I'm told will NEVER go away now that my lymphatic system has been wrecked by Tx. I'm tired ALL THE TIME, but I don't sleep well. I can't drive anymore, and I can only read for about 10-15 minutes b4 everything becomes a blur. If I bend over to try and pick something up, I almost pass out.

I'm getting sick of this, and part of me is actually praying for a quick transition. I have my Advance Directive and DNR in place. My "Death Folder" is complete, urn for ashes is purchased as well as niche at the mausoleum.

More happy days ahead...L

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,592
    Options

Tough state to be in but we’re glad you’re still here. Planning any trips soon?

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,892
    Options

I am also very glad you’re here. Well said Mae ~

Sending hugs to you Lita!!!! image

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,156
    Options

Lita, your honesty keeps me brave--I don't think I could do it. I am so glad you are still here, and will continue to pray for your comfort and God's timing.

• theresa45
    theresa45 Member Posts: 238
    Options

Lita, You have been an inspiration to many of us. Your sense of humor through all your struggles has been nothing short of amazing. Your courage has humbled me on many occasions. I'm glad that you are comfortable sharing your current feelings. I will pray that you have more moments of joy and that God's peace will support you the way you have supported all of us. Hugs and best wishes! Theresa

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,804
    Options

Lita,

I have no words of wisdom. It doesn’t get easier, does it!? Find peace where you can, in any way that comforts you.

Caryn

• Lita57
    Options

Hoping I'll still be strong enough to go to So Calif next month. I dread packing...I have to bring so much cancer support crap...canes, walker, bed bar/brace so I can get in and out of bed and just turn over. And of course, plenty of Depends (or as Neegan from The Walking Dead calls them, Shittin' Pants) because of my fecal incontinence.

I'll have to start packing early and pace myself because of ongoing fatigue.

L

• Maire67
    Maire67 Member Posts: 418
    Options

Dear Lita sending gentle hugs and much admiration for your spirit. Praying for you to have peace and comfort and a good trip to SoCal. Maire
  • jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 671
    Options

The path of MBC just plain old sucks. My hopes for you are good moments embedded with all of the pain and discomfort you are living with

• ADDK
    ADDK Member Posts: 70
    Options

Lita, I don´t know what to say. I hope you´ll find the strength to have some joy every day and go to SoCal as planned. I´ve just returned from a short trip. I took me ten minutes to get my clothes etc.packed, and one hour to get my "cancer stuff" together. What can I say? It sucks.

• Bliss58
    Bliss58 Member Posts: 938
    Options

Hi Lita. I have no words of wisdom either, but want to say I agree with everyone's sentiments here. I hope you get to enjoy So. Cal - you've been through so much lately and you deserve some joy, but, yes, pace yourself, and let others take care of you!

• chico
    chico Member Posts: 191
    Options

You are an inspiration. I was Dx same time as youand it’s a tough path for sure but I’m pleased to have had the good fortune to have “met” you and others like you along the way - just enjoying the life we have.

• ChuckL
    ChuckL Member Posts: 16
    Options

Hi Lita.. I don't post much but I follow your thread in particular and looked for it last week... I always get a little concerned when it is buried. I am sending love from Minneapolis. I wish so much.... as you do... I wish this wasn't happening. I wish there was something to say. Peace to you. That's all I can think of. Years ago I was in touch via a blog with a woman who was in hospice... I wrote that terrible line about, we are all dying every day but you just realize it. God. I'm so sorry for that; for that pithy comment when she was in her last days. I really will never forgive myself.

• JanetMara
    JanetMara Member Posts: 147
    Options

Hang in there my friend Lita,

May God give you strength physically and spiritually,hope to meet you when you come to SOCAL, if it's feasible for you.

I cried when I read your notes.Gentle hugs to you.I was diagnosed the same year as you were.

God gives us all strength.

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,156
    Options

Lita, praying for a safe, comfortable, and stress free trip. Also praying for warm weather for you. It has been a little cooler here in San Diego than I like, but then I do prefer it here to Florida! PM me if you need help while here.

• wam
    wam Member Posts: 98
    Options

Good luck on your trip. Get as much help packing that you can. I live in San Diego. Feel free to call me too if you need anything.The shittin' pants are a must have for me! I hope you feel well the whole time! You are so admired and loved here.

• Lita57
    Options

Happy Mother's Day!

Here's my four-legged baby. She's a senior Bulldog and sleeps a lot more now. She's our treasure.

• illimae
    illimae Member Posts: 5,592
    Options

Beautiful little girl, gotta love that flat bulldog face 😀

• Lita57
    Options

color video version.

Both are good, but I like the still version a little better. I learned that a sky pilot is actually a chaplain for the troops.

Haven't heard this in years! It always make me bawl. Burdon was so underrated. It originally came out in the 60's.

Lasix is not working for me. Still have Fred Flintstone feet and stovepipe thighs. Gonna talk to DR about possibly upping the dosage,but the SE's will also go up, sadly.

Have a great Memorial Day Weekend.

L

• Lita57
    Options

Making baked potato salad (boiling them makes it too soggy for me...), homemade pound cake with blue berries and strawberries (red, white, blue) and braised oxtails for this weekend. Hope my back holds out! Gonna have to up the Med MJ.

:o) L