Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lita57

Options

Comments

• Chemokaze
    Chemokaze Member Posts: 177
    Options

Hi Lita - thanks for sharing re sky pilots!

Agree about the boiled potatoes - I prefer a potato salad with some bite.

Sending a hello....and I live vicariously through you!

Oh, the places you have been! 🙂

• JFL
    JFL Member Posts: 1,373
    Options

Lita, I hope your trip to to S Cali goes smoothly and that you find it enjoyable, through all of the struggles. I still recall a picture you posted a few years ago where you were posing in a silly, smiling manner in front of your space at the mausoleum - it was a funny picture in a twisted way that only we here would understand. I thought you were so tough then being able to confront the realities of all of this and attack them head on, with humor no less. You are so organized! I am equally amazed that you have continued to cook such amazing meals, despite fatigue, pain, vision problems amongst other issues. Your DH is certainly a lucky, well-fed man!

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    Options

Lita..we should have started a Lita Cookbook. I keep thinking if you can cook, why can't I?

Well, the answer is that I suck in the creative kitchen world. But my DH is awesome..so I am well fed!

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    Options

Is anybody else misplacing things and forgetting where they put them?

This happens to me ALL THE TIME NOW, and I'm sick of it. It happens within seconds after I laid my hands on it. Sometimes I'll find it again but most of the time I don't...sigh...important notes on scratch paper, phone numbers.

Guess I'll have to start taping stuff to the walls - so ANNOYING!!!Devil

L

• ChuckL
    ChuckL Member Posts: 16
    Options

I don't have cancer, my sister does. I misplace things all the time now too. I'm 52. Like that within seconds thing. I think it may be my anxiety expressing itself. It must be three times a day I go to the basement to get something and think...now why am I down here? And it's only a flight of steps.. not like I journeyed far away. Went to the grocery store and bought a cartload of stuff but forgot the bread I had gone there for. It's mildly concerning. But I'm saying it may be related to age, anxiety, normal forgetfulness.

• wallan
    wallan Member Posts: 192
    Options

LIta:

I have been lurking on this thread for a few years now. I have to say you astound me and inspire me.

I wish you love, peace and joy always.

wallan

• Chemokaze
    Chemokaze Member Posts: 177
    Options

Yes Lita! Agree with ChuckL...it's multifactorial. I find that's it's worse with worry and stress. I work full-time & beyond...and get really stressed with that in addition to thinking about cancer crap and wishing for more time / less fatigue to care for more stuff around the house....and take better care of me. Sometimes I feel like I'm living to work instead of working to live! ...and then my sweet Pepper dog died 6/01...and I feel lost and even more forgetful lately....

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

Lita, agreeing with ChuckL and Chemokaze, that forgetfulness is related to age and normal forgetfulness, plus anxiety/worry and stress makes it worse. We need to be paying attention to where we put things to establish a memory of it. If we're worried about something else, we will easily forget where we left our keys or purse.

There are techniques to help. Try establishing routines, and have a logical place for everything. My keys go in my purse, and my purse goes on the doorknob. If I don't put those things away in their places, I will need to search the house for them. I put my phone in to charge next to where I am working at the time. Before I walk out the door, I say "Keys, phone, purse," otherwise, I may leave the house without something.

I hear you with paper notes. My downfall!! I've been trying to keep a small notebook for myself, instead of putting notes and numbers on scratch pieces. All those notes will be in one place. When I'm done with a note, I can rip it out of the book.

One time I lost my glasses, and no one could find them. I later figured out I had taken the glasses off while changing into my PJs, and had placed them on the bed, rather than the nightstand. When I climbed into bed, the glasses bounced onto the rug (didn't hear that), and under the bed.

My husband loses things every business trip he takes. I attribute that to the disruption of traveling, anxiety and being out of his routine.

Best wishes!

• Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Member Posts: 551
    Options

Lita, I'm thinking about you...

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,152
    Options

Thinking of you today Lita.

• Lita57
    Options

This is the worst I've felt in 3 yrs. Recent PET said stable, but i call bullshiz on that. Dry heaving, horrible back pain, miserable stomach aches so I can't sleep, headaches, unbelievable weakness...i need help getting off the toilet and into bed. I don’t walk...i shuffle. Something's definitely going on. I see dr tomorrow.so miserablei can't eat and spend every waking minute in the la-z-boy with heat and massage going full blast

I think my chemo dosage is too high because of lymphedema wt gain, and that might be causingal my crappy se's.

Stay tuned...

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    Options

(((HUGS))) Lita.

I hope your doctor can adjust the chemo dose to lessen the se's.

• mara51506
    mara51506 Member Posts: 6,152
    Options

I can agree that changing the dose could offer some relief. Hope they can help you out soon.

• jensgotthis
    jensgotthis Member Posts: 671
    Options

Hope you can talk with you team soon, Lita. Gotta get you feeling better

• Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Options

Lita: I'm glad the pet scan said "stable" but I'm sorry that you are feeling so bad. I hope that your doc can find SOON the balance between "stable" and QOL. Hugs to you

• leftfootforward
    leftfootforward Member Posts: 1,396
    Options

Lita- I hope you get relief soon and the MO has s plan to help. It sounds like

You need some relief from the Lymphedema. That extra weight can really make you feel awful as well. I remember all to well. Do you have a massage therapist who can help with the swelling? That really helped me.

I really hope you feel better soon

• vargadoll
    vargadoll Member Posts: 1,942
    Options

Lita- you know your body better than anyone! Fingers crossed that you have some answers soon. LE sucks! I just have it in my right arm and breast. I imagine having it in your legs would be worse...legs do alot of work! Sending good vibes (and saying a prayer for comfort and QOL!

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,893
    Options

also on your side rooting for you Lita. You definitely know your body. Get some rest now until you can get that team into action tomorrow. I hope you can sleep well. Thinking of you ...

• Maire67
    Maire67 Member Posts: 418
    Options

sending gentle hugs and I hope the mo can give you something for these awful SEs

Maire

• JanetMara
    JanetMara Member Posts: 147
    Options

Sorry to hear this Lita. Pls wear a light clothing to protect your skin from breaking down due to edema.

My prayers for your comfort and safety,hope your MD will givr you something for relief of your symptoms.

• Bliss58
    Bliss58 Member Posts: 938
    Options

Big gentle hugs, Lita. Keep us posted and I hope chemo dose reduction gives you relief.

• molliefish
    molliefish Member Posts: 650
    Options

Lita never mind the gentle hugs Sister I'm sending a big fat sloppy kiss on the cheek and a bear hug. I wish I were closer girl. You are one of my favourites and I love you from afar.

• Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Options

Lita: I hope you are doing well. HUGS

• intolight
    intolight Member Posts: 2,156
    Options

Lita, thinking of you today. Sending warmest and tightest hugs I can! And of course daily prayers.

• sandibeach57
    sandibeach57 Member Posts: 1,387
    Options

Lita57, remember when you were close to signing up for Hospice..was it 2 years ago? Treatment seemed to give you a reprieve and your postings showed us how you have managed to live, travel, cook, and help others with good advice here on BCO- especially when it comes tp dealing with brain mets.

I want your humor..geez..remember those Negan diapers? We all wanted that order info.

So I hate to see you lose your vision, your mobility, your spirit. But you continue to find a focus each day. I don't know where this incredible strength comes from. I guess you are just an incredible woman. Period.

• Lita57
    Options

I think you can still get the Negan "Shittin' pants" at walkingdead.com

In the mean time, I'm hoping this little "vacation" from chemo does the trick.

L

• Lita57
    Options

computer got hacked staying off for a while

L

• molliefish
    Options

❤️
  • molliefish
    Options

Lita we haven't see you for a few days. Love and peace to you, DH and DD. Safe passage, nikki

• candy-678
    candy-678 Member Posts: 4,094
    Options

All- PLEASE CHECK OUT THIS THREAD ASAP

https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topics/...