Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Ringworm drug for dogs (Fenbendazole) might also cure cancer

Options

Comments

• Frisky
    Frisky Member Posts: 1,686
    Options

mike...im going to follow Joe,s protocol as described, as it’s simple, accessible, and affordable.

Won’t use the CBD oil initially, will add it if need be.

Fenben is the way to go....low doses no side effects...

• SchnauzerMom
    SchnauzerMom Member Posts: 75
    Options

Miaomix, you had mentioned that Doxil might be in your future. For me it was a good drug, and it was effective for 20 months--the longest amount of time I've had on any of my lines of treatment. Apart from icing hands and feet during chemo infusion, it was very tolerable for me and it didn't negatively affect my bones . It's nice to know that there are good new-to-you medicines waiting in the wings should you need them. I am doing pretty well on Verzenio, but have only one or maybe two options left for after. Really hoping getting de-wormed will extend effectiveness!

• LoveFromPhilly
    LoveFromPhilly Member Posts: 1,019
    Options

I am planning to ask my MO about it next week when I have my monthly appointment.

Very interesting and I would love to know how people do/feel on the dewormer

• Frisky
    Options

shnauzermom ....THANK you so much for your reassurance regarding Doxil. I feel so much better now. You're experience matches the one JFL described, so I will be be more relaxed and hopeful as I undergo my first infusion.

So happy you got 20 months out of it....that’s amazing!

• Frisky
    Options

the amount of deworming is extremely low...iswhat's usually prescribed for small dogs...the author of the blog is very clear about the lack of noticeable SE...but do consult with your doctor Ichangedmyname

The deworming takes place over a minimum three month's time....I will treat myself, and then see what the results of the pet scans are. If and when, there's no sign of disease...I will notify my MO of my protocol.

I don't want prejudices to affect the results of my tests....I need total objectivity!

What's at stake is 20% of the US economy...our pains and suffering produce great profits for the remaining 50% that might have cancer but have not been diagnosed YET....let's face it...I'm sure that you like me, were totally shocked and surprised when you were first diagnosed.

• Frisky
    Options

Unfortunately they are still dealing with mice models

Unexpected Antitumorigenic Effect of Fenbendazole when Combined with Supplementary Vitamins

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2687140

• wam
    wam Member Posts: 98
    Options

Hello ladies. I am joining you in this experiment. I just ordered my items on Amazon. I am hopeful that it will work. I am currently on Kadcyla. I wish we could get some Keytruda too!!! Good luck to all of us!

• Frisky
    Options

Good for you Fridaycat!

Basically, We will be conducting our own clinical trial based on the various treatments we're undergoing and compare notes! Yeahhhh!

Just a reminder to all the people participating: the intake of vitamin E in the proper amount, has been found to be pivotal to the effectiveness of the Fenben.

FenBen does not work by itself...it’s the combination that’s effective

• vlnrph
    vlnrph Member Posts: 487
    Options

As far as statin side effects go, I had muscle aching on Crestor, one of the more potent agents. I was trying to get my cholesterol down prior to starting AI therapy. We backed off to an older compound then I titrated the dose along with adding coenzyme Q. Was also taking 162mg aspirin (half of a regular strength tablet) daily at the time hoping to benefit from the anti-inflammatory action.

Threw in some green tea extract capsules and tumeric with black pepper for enhanced absorption. Got metastatic disease anyway...

• Frisky
    Options

more news...

A Pinworm Medication Is Being Tested As A Potential Anti-Cancer Drug

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/01/...

...And in an odd twist to a complicated story, the cost of mebendazole in the U.S. has skyrocketed in recent years. Though it remains very affordable in most countries, the wholesale cost of a 100 mg tablet in the U.S. has risen from $4.50 in 2011 to $369 in 2016, according to Truven Health Analytics.

We're lucky because we will be using Fenben

• SchnauzerMom
    Options

Miaomix, what amount of vitamin E will you be taking? I'm glad you mentioned that! I'd better get to the drug store tomorrow and pick some up. Thanks.

• Frisky
    Options

its'a specific one he mentions from life extension. It amounts to 2pills @day.

This is the one I bought from amazon. This is a two month's supply.

I was taking this vitamin anyway.....the only item I have to add is the dewormer...

• Frisky
    Options

Fenbendazole acts as a moderate microtubule destabilizing agent and causes cancer cell death by modulating multiple cellular pathways

More research is being done...

• cure-ious
    cure-ious Member Posts: 2,739
    Options

Hi Miao and FraidyCat!

there is a bit of data indicating that these drugs can also stimulate the anti-cancer activity of immune cells:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC60893...

So perhaps it synergizes with immunotherapy as well.

• meadows4
    meadows4 Member Posts: 42
    Options

I am going to follow the protocol too but not adding the cbd oil ye

• GreekNinja
    GreekNinja Member Posts: 22
    Options

Just curious, is there a reason why people seem reluctant to do the CBD oil as well?

• blueshine
    blueshine Member Posts: 240
    Options

I am thinking to try too. It’s nothing to lose, but maybe gain. When I am ready I’ll join you in the discussion

Elena

• meadows4
    meadows4 Member Posts: 42
    Options

I guess I am only reluctant because of the increased cost. I think I could get the cbd oil easily as I live ina state where it is available. I guess I was a little unsure whether it is completely necessary.

• cure-ious
    Options

FYI, these drugs can increase liver enzyme levels, keep in mind in case that becomes an issue

• cure-ious
    Options

Chico, I am responding to your post really late, but I had also considered adding metformin, and decided not to, because the high sugar levels are a problem with PI3K inhibitors, and I thought I might need to "save' it in order to have something to add should I go onto that drug in the future? Alternatively, maybe its better to add it early, as you are considering, as a possible deterrent? Will be interested to hear what your onc suggested

BTW, its reported that in cultured cells, metformin works way better on fasted cells that cells with high glucose, so it might be good to take it at night, when heading into sleep, and try to get blood sugar as low as possible while the body is in a fasted state, creating a buffer to protect the cells as the sugar levels go up during the day?

• santabarbarian
    santabarbarian Member Posts: 2,310
    Options

I've been on Metformin 1000 mg-- in 2 500 mg pills per day-- since my diagnosis. I read that it lowered rate of metastases and asked my MO and he gave it to me right away so I took it through chemo. I think I will stay on it indefinitely. My sugar levels have dropped but they were on the high end of normal before, so they are still in normal range. I also do Melatonin 20 mg every night.

I will just keep going with both there. Both seem to be very safe and have few reactions with other drugs.

• wam
    wam Member Posts: 98
    Options

Alright, I got all the supplies including CBD and started today. I will check in again after my scan in June. Good luck ladies!

• Frisky
    Options

Good for you Fridaycat! I'm waiting for the curcumin to arrive, I have all the other items.

I can't wait to start on this positive and promising journey myself.

As far as the power of our minds check this out!

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/hidden-brain/id1028908750?i=1000436846861

• Frisky
    Options

Game on everyone! I could no longer wait for the delivery of the curcumin specified by Joe. I used instead what I had already, in the right amount, which is also bio available.

The fenben is tasteless and went down easily with some water....I won't deny I'm very hopeful and excited to see how this treatment plays out.

Good luck to all of you that have already started!

Like we say in italy: In bocca al lupo

• snooky1954
    snooky1954 Member Posts: 850
    Options

Miaomix --- Did I read that Joe started with just the dewormer, and then LATER added the other supplements?

• Frisky
    Options

no Snooky! Everything should be taken at the same time. Basically the fenben for three days and 4 days off and the vitamin E and Curcumin 7days a week.

The only item I’m not taking is the CBD oil, but I’ll add it if in three months ifI see no progress.

• Frisky
    Options

sometimes I amaze myself...check this out...I started eating these vegetarian burgers that look and taste better than the real thing. The company is called Beyond Meat...

I told couple friends to buy shares at its IPO today and look what happened!

Amazing gain in less than 2 hours of trading...this product is very healthy for us MBCs because meat and most factory processed proteins are now on the list of the do not eat. I also hate the way they raise animals. It’s cruel and that meat is full of mycotoxins and growth hormones, which can’t be good. The last culprits to join the list are the eggs...one of the last bastion of protein allowed on my menu...goodbye eggs!

I

• snooky1954
    snooky1954 Member Posts: 850
    Options

Thank You Miaomix,   I agree. When I was first diagnosed in spring '17 I went vegan over night.  My depression lifted HP went normal  Thyroid stable plus a couple of other things.  Then,  a year later on IB/Ful and now chemo,  I went back to eating meats to keep my blood counts up.  I hate it.  But I can't afford farmed raised beef, chicken etc.   Yes, big ag ruined our meat supply.  So for the info.  HUGS     

And thanks for info on protocol.  My budget is so limited.  But now is not the time to cut corners, is it?   Thanks

• chico
    chico Member Posts: 189
    Options

Hi Cure-ious yes it is a quandary as to whether or not to start metformin now as a deterrent or wait for progression/next biopsy. I will certainly report back what my Onc suggests.

I am finding this thread very interesting and exciting. It’s early days but there seems to be something in adding worming pills, statins, metformin etc to our other meds and many Oncs & GPs seem to be being supportive and some are even encouraging us to try this protocol.

Miaomix I am cheering you on both for trying these items but also for standing up for the animals in our food chain. I am a long time vegetarian so am very pleased to see so many great alternate products now available to those of us who want them.

• SchnauzerMom
    Options

Today must be the day for several of us! I took my first fenbendazole dose this morning, and I'm excited, too. Good luck to all of us!!