Topic: STEAM ROOM FOR ANGER

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 12:21PM - edited Aug 2, 2017 01:46AM by sas-schatzi

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 12:21PM - edited Aug 2, 2017 01:46AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

This thread is meant to be for RANTS and RANTING. Then Rant again. We need a place to simply get rid of the anger. Write it here. Unleash it all. Get it out. This isn't meant for the Stupid comments(great thread). This is for the gut wrenching, tell them off anger.

IMPORTANT: When done ranting don't necessarily stick around. Toxic. Drop the rant and find a better thread.

Only rules: Please, follow them as the Mods will shut it down in a heartbeat( waving Mods)

1. Be careful to not mention docs, nurses, hospitals by name. Defamation and all that tedious legal stuff

2. If it's caused by someone on BCO, just don't mention their name. I think the exception will be if someone is stalking you, blow their anonymity wide open. A stalker doesn't deserve politeness.

3. If you think the rant is about you, let it go, they're no names. Don't take it personal. This is the steam room.

4. If they're is a fight, don't expect the Mods to moderate, it was your choice to come here.

5. After writing a rant, do nothing more, re-read at a future time. Decide if it's important enough for you to cut and paste the rant to whomever caused you the anger. It's a choice. Sometimes it needs to be done, but remember they're can be fall out.

6. ######## pound those keys, SCREAM(caps), J*&R$WSDF&(swear)

7. Religion and politics discussion should go to those topical threads. IF their is something that impacts cancer, it belongs here.

I will revise topic box as needed-sassy

For puking and the color works pukeewogh

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 1029 of 1,030 (10,297 results)

May 22, 2022 12:30PM sunshine99 wrote:

bc, praying for you as you have your grandkids for longer than expected!

spookie, RIGHT? We're "freezing" when the temps plummet to 65! I get it!

my-sunny-side-up.com Cancer has progressed to my bones. I pray that it never enters my soul. Dx 11/2/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/26/2020, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 4/22/2020 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 5/5/2020 External Local Metastases 5/5/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Radiation Therapy 5/12/2020 External Local Metastases 5/12/2020 Radiation therapy: Bone Targeted Therapy 6/10/2020 Ibrance (palbociclib)

May 22, 2022 12:40PM bcincolorado wrote:

We did child labor trying to move the branches from the front walk and out of the yard. It may end up a week or so before it warms up again well before DH can go out there with a chain saw and cut in manageable pieces. Dug out some old snow boots I still had for the grands to use and had them carrying small branches to a pile behind his truck which parks outside since we only have a 1 car garage and the car goes in there. So it is all piled up behind the truck and out of yard now at least. They also shoveled the walk where the big snow fell off on the walk as well.

Woke up to more flurries though. Do not think anything is sticking but sure glad did not plant my flowers yet!!!

Watched more kid shows than I have since my own kids were little. Know they are going home today but still do not yet if they are being picked up or we are driving them 30 miniutes each way to go home. They have school tomorrow still.

Guess compared to being poked at and the tests and everything I can handle a few more hours.

Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/1/2010 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Surgery 1/7/2010 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left) Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2010 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/30/2016 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 22, 2022 04:23PM spookiesmom wrote:

When my grands were younger , neither me or the other gma could handle them together. DD would send us one each when they had a date night. And even then, the older one could be a handful. I admire you!!!

May 23, 2022 11:47AM bcincolorado wrote:

We did survive. Watched way too many kid movies and yesterday afternoon they wanted to watch Elf even though it was not Christmas and wanted Grandma to make popcorn which I pop myself on the stove for the movie. I did which made them happy at least. Finally dropped them off at 5 last night and was too tired to even fix supper last night for us and went to bed to rest. Day of all the final clean up in the house and rest today before doc appt tomorrow morning.

Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/1/2010 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Surgery 1/7/2010 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left) Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2010 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/30/2016 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 12, 2022 01:14AM alicebastable wrote:

Wow, they redesign or whatever BCO calls their disaster has really driven people away! This was always such an active thread.

We went to an outdoor family event today. People were really spread out, which was good. We sat down by Hubby's brother and nephew-in-law. I mentioned to N-I-L that I saw they'd just been at a music festival in Chattanooga, and he talked about how much fun it was. I didn't see his wife, (Hubby's niece), so I asked if she was working (critical care nurse). He leaned in to me and said, "No, she got a nasty case of Covid, but she's starting to feel better!" DUDE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? GET THE HELL OUT OF MY FACE! STAY AWAY FROM YOUR FATHER-IN-LAW, WHO HAS PARKINSON'S AND OTHER HEALTH ISSUES!!!! AND CANCEL THAT OTHER FAMILY EVENT AT YOUR HOUSE NEXT WEEKEND!!!!

Of course, I'm conditioned to not say any of that out loud. It's really infuriating because these are otherwise sensible, fully vaxxed people. With the up-tick in cases lately, why are people going to packed public events? IDIOTS!!!

Ignore treatment info (below) which is a BCO glitch. Do not enter personal information on this site since they grossly mishandled a data breach. Surgery 7/10/2018 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Surgery 8/7/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jun 12, 2022 07:53PM micheleh57 wrote:

I am absolutely for certain sure that I'm not alone here with my sadness, my worry, my boredom over a "Good gads, will this ever really be over?" situation.

BC diagnosed in early fall 2020, then surgery and radiation up to Jan 1, 2021. Moved to oncology checks every 3 months. With hand joint pain due to AI, consulted with a naturopath.

She has authority to order large scale blood panels in order to determine my overall health (other blood panels for cholesterol and such were totally fine).

BUT BOOM, the results of the blood tests from the naturopath have put me on what I call "Mr. Toad's Crazy Train." Actually, most everything was OK to very good, BUT neutropenia (low white blood cell count) was found.

Now, I do NOT recall getting a test for neutropenia or leukopenia AFTER radiation ended. But now I really think I should have. Yes? Maybe a few months out? Anyone else get a test after radiation??

And no one within the conventional MD treatment world has brought that up. Yet.

I also take buproprion which can kick off low white blood cell count. And no one has asked about, discussed that or any of my Rx's. Yet.

Due to the low blood cell count, the oncologist ordered an abdominal ultrasound.

And the results were fine for all organs, although an "echogenic focus of 0.8 cm" was found on the head of my pancreas. No other issues. Consulting radiologist wrote carefully on the report that it was *indeterminate* and maybe a CT rather than MRI "may be considered" for further evaluation.

Well, you know what's coming: an MRI of the pancreas. WTH?

And on Thursday, I have a bone marrow biopsy scheduled, at the order of the oncologist.

I am, as you can imagine, freaking out.

And oncology is NOT talking to me, not about why exactly or what they're looking for, although I can imagine and have used Dr. Google and talked to the naturopath

The naturopath has been a calming influence and she is not happy and is very concerned that oncology has gone into "panic mode," as she said.

I get wanting to check off all the boxes, but this is way out there and off the rails.

Everything the naturopath knows and can see indicates there is "no there there," and she's urged me to relax and just get through the tests. She doesn't expect anything really to be found.

I have NO symptoms of any kind related to low WBC count. No fever, no pain, no aches, no fatigue, no slow healing wounds. In fact, a few cuts and scratches I have had are healing well, like always. No pancreas issues, either.

Anyone else go through this "OMG! Now we're off to do ultrasounds and biopsies because we didn't do a test and now someone else did and ..."? Yes, I know: I've had cancer. But until and unless the *naturopath* had ordered the wide spectrum panel and the info came back - the oncologist didn't do it, my regular family practice doctor didn't order it - this info was not known.

I'm not happy. And I am very concerned. As well as sad, and worried and kinda bored with the waiting for what I hope is resolution - again! - of this round of issues so I can get back to trying to do things that have been on hold for 2.5 years!

Anyone else go through this?

Hormonal therapy is Aromasin (exemestane), not letrozole! Hormonal Therapy 1/4/2021 Aromasin (exemestane)

Jun 12, 2022 08:24PM - edited Jun 12, 2022 08:25PM by alicebastable

I'd ask your oncologist WHY on all the procedures! Some of them automatically go into overdrive instead of taking a breath first. Remember, your oncologist works for YOU.

Ignore treatment info (below) which is a BCO glitch. Do not enter personal information on this site since they grossly mishandled a data breach. Surgery 7/10/2018 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Surgery 8/7/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/29/2018 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jun 12, 2022 08:44PM bcincolorado wrote:

You do have a right to get a second opinion on everything but if they are concerned cancer is spreading somewhere I would ask for another MO second eyes on the situation. You might want to check with your insurance to make sure who you see is in covered in your plan as well. Best wishes to you.

Jun 12, 2022 11:19PM dancemom wrote:

Micheleh57, I personally decided to put my MO "in charge" ( I know she has a very good working relationship with my RO and SO). So far, anything I question, plan (dental, vaccines, routine stuff, travel to finally see elderly parents...) I pass by her and then my long time GP. All these treatments definitely affect WBC. Its all a balancing act . I am hoping for clearance to fly to old parents at the end of the month.

Alicebstable, I so wish people would get it. I'm in Manhattan where we have been at "high" level. Masks are "encouraged." All literature, if you choose to read, outlines the stats and reminds people that cdc gudlines recommend masking indoors and in crowded outdoor settings. If my umbrella hits you as amd your entourage breath by,, you need to be masked!!!! Its 18", not 3 feet, not 6feet. if you decide to get on the bus and/or subway i use to commute everyday, cover the pie-hole, and your snot maker, or go home. Locals mask.

Well, tourists did NOT get the memo. They just see the "recommended" part. One guy said to me "it says recommended, not required " and on public transportation, where it IS required by law!!!!!!

I will be killed by vacationers who think that because they are not in their town, it doesn't count.

Dx 3/16/2021, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IV, metastasized to other, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 3/29/2021 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 4/26/2021 Ibrance (palbociclib) Surgery 1/3/2022 Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel; Mastectomy (Right): Skin Sparing Surgery 1/3/2022 Lymph node removal (Right): Sentinel; Mastectomy (Right): Skin Sparing Radiation Therapy 3/14/2022 Whole breast, Radiation boost: Right breast, Chest wall, Lymph nodes, Other part

Jun 12, 2022 11:34PM chemicalworld wrote:

This is very minor in the scheme of things, but the "safe" hair/nail salon I was actually comfortable going to because they kept mandatory masking, basically gave less than a day's notice to announce that they were now "optional" but if you ask, they'll "accommodate" and put one on.....

I hate how this puts the onus on the vulnerable person. And it does seem pointless if the person at the next station is unmasked or there are a bunch of unmasked people walking around. I no longer feel comfortable at all there.

I was finally happy being able to cover up my taxotere-damaged nails that never grew back right :( Might have to go back to trimming my own hair.

Dx 9/28/2010, IDC, 3cm, Stage II, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/13/2010 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right) Chemotherapy 12/6/2010 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 5/4/2011 Breast Hormonal Therapy 7/7/2011

Page 1029 of 1,030 (10,297 results)

Scroll to top button