Topic: STEAM ROOM FOR ANGER

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 11:21AM - edited Aug 2, 2017 12:46AM by sas-schatzi

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 11:21AM - edited Aug 2, 2017 12:46AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

This thread is meant to be for RANTS and RANTING. Then Rant again. We need a place to simply get rid of the anger. Write it here. Unleash it all. Get it out. This isn't meant for the Stupid comments(great thread). This is for the gut wrenching, tell them off anger.

IMPORTANT: When done ranting don't necessarily stick around. Toxic. Drop the rant and find a better thread.

Only rules: Please, follow them as the Mods will shut it down in a heartbeat( waving Mods)

1. Be careful to not mention docs, nurses, hospitals by name. Defamation and all that tedious legal stuff

2. If it's caused by someone on BCO, just don't mention their name. I think the exception will be if someone is stalking you, blow their anonymity wide open. A stalker doesn't deserve politeness.

3. If you think the rant is about you, let it go, they're no names. Don't take it personal. This is the steam room.

4. If they're is a fight, don't expect the Mods to moderate, it was your choice to come here.

5. After writing a rant, do nothing more, re-read at a future time. Decide if it's important enough for you to cut and paste the rant to whomever caused you the anger. It's a choice. Sometimes it needs to be done, but remember they're can be fall out.

6. ######## pound those keys, SCREAM(caps), J*&R$WSDF&(swear)

7. Religion and politics discussion should go to those topical threads. IF their is something that impacts cancer, it belongs here.

I will revise topic box as needed-sassy

For puking and the color works pukeewogh

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 297 of 1,028 (10,277 results)

Apr 3, 2018 03:55PM lovepugs77 wrote:

DodgersGirl, that would bother me, too. My cancer center does the blood draw as soon as I get there, and the MO goes over the results with me during our appointment.

DX at age 39 Dx 2/17/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2/17/2017, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/28/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal Surgery 4/13/2017 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left) Chemotherapy 5/18/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 9/27/2017 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 11/15/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Apr 3, 2018 04:54PM DancingElizabeth wrote:

Lovepugs - you stated it perfectly "getting cancer at a young age is a special level of unfair..." It's just cruel and people say "everything happens for a reason" - well - does my potentially dying young - make things better? Tell that to my 11 yr. old DD who might have to lose her mother at a young age. I'm sorry about the lymphedema. BC is the gift that keeps on giving...

Sad

Swess - a good cry is the best medicine.

Dodgersgirl - They tried to get me to have my blood work done before my follow-up appointments. But, I come in (a few days before) and do blood work, so the results are ready by the time I have the appointment... It's not the most convenient way to do things. But, with getting tumor markers done - its the only way for me that I think works. (Tumor marker results take a little longer to come in)

Sometimes - my own mother whines and complains about "getting old". I wish I could get old. I don't know - if I will be able to get old. And, I feel like her doing that is like a man complaining he has no shoes - in front of - someone who has no feet!

Dx 4/13/2016, DCIS/IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 3/23 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/18/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Surgery 5/31/2016 Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy 7/6/2016 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 11/7/2016 Hormonal Therapy 11/8/2016

Apr 3, 2018 05:05PM dodgersgirl wrote:

DancingElizabeth—. I am going to ask if I can get my blood work done ahead of my appointments. My hubby does that for him s physicals. Great suggestion!

Lovepugs77– my cancer center did that, too, when I was getting chemo but now they take blood and sometime in the next 2 weeks the results are posted to my portal. Of course, I don’t know YET what to look for in regards to tumor marker

Dx 3/10/2017, IDC: Mucinous, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/11/2017 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right) Dx 12/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Apr 3, 2018 07:00PM lovepugs77 wrote:

Oh, my MO isn't testing tumor markers. Maybe that's the difference.

DX at age 39 Dx 2/17/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/24 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2/17/2017, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/28/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal Surgery 4/13/2017 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left) Chemotherapy 5/18/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 9/27/2017 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 11/15/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Apr 3, 2018 07:37PM Lita57 wrote:

Everybody cheeses about Kaiser Permanente, but I get all my blood work results within a few hours online thru their portal after the draw. Feel sorry for you guys who have to wait DAYS to go over all of it with your MO.

It's essential that I get the lab results in a timely manner so I'll know whether to keep my chemo appt the next day or not. If the liver ALT's are too high, or the platelets too low, or the kidney levels wacky, we have to postpone the infusion for another week.

L

Stage IV De Novo, Occult, Amorphic. New Brain Mets Aug 2017. Now on Gemzar and Zometa. Dragged into an arranged marriage with Mr. Cancer that I didn't agree to, and divorce is forbidden. Grateful for however many GOOD days I have left. Dx 4/14/2016, IDC, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/other, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 4/26/2016 External: Bone Targeted Therapy 5/15/2016 Chemotherapy 5/22/2016 Xeloda (capecitabine) Radiation Therapy 4/20/2017 External: Bone Dx 8/23/2017, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, metastasized to brain, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 9/5/2017 External: Brain Chemotherapy 10/10/2017 Taxol (paclitaxel)

Apr 3, 2018 08:32PM Dianarose wrote:

My cancer center has their own lab and I get results in twenty minutes. One appointment I have labs, results and seen by the doctor. Crazy you guys have to do it in two trips. That just sucks

6/10/13 mets to ovary now. Now mets. To peritoneal stage IV Dx 3/22/2012, ILC, Both breasts, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, Grade 2, 17/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/30/2012 CMF Radiation Therapy 12/2/2012 3DCRT: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 8/9/2013 Aromasin (exemestane) Targeted Therapy

Apr 3, 2018 09:04PM bcincolorado wrote:

I think it depends on the cancer center/hospital you go to. We can get labs online even and read them ourselves and share with other docs we need to. I know we all usually end up where we are referred to start with but I know many who have changed as well. Maybe there is a way to get your labs you have been given privy to?

Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/1/2010 Mastectomy (Left): Nipple Sparing; Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Surgery 1/7/2010 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left) Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2010 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/30/2016 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2020

Apr 3, 2018 09:09PM dodgersgirl wrote:

Dianarose and Lita57–. I think my blood work is back that same day because my clinical trial nurse had my results the afternoon after it was drawn (for most of the tests anyway. Some take longer). I believe the delay is from the process of the results getting to the MO and then being released to my portal without a plan of making sure the patient sees the results. Feels like once out of active treatments, I am a step down in the importance of MO’s time to read results and share them with me. Sigh.

This will be a topic at my appointment with clinical trial nurse tomorrow morning

Dx 3/10/2017, IDC: Mucinous, Right, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/11/2017 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right) Dx 12/2019, IDC, Right, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Apr 3, 2018 11:26PM Lula73 wrote:

Swess- I saw this today and thought of you. We could all probably benefit from this service too, truth be told...

-Lula Dx 1/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/13/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 3/2/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 11/1/2017 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2018 Femara (letrozole)

Apr 3, 2018 11:49PM runor wrote:

Went for last follow up appointment with the radiation oncologist today. Was ushered into the room by some nurse/intern/lunatic who asked me a series of questions that the onc was going to ask me again 5 minutes later. But I dutifully answered and she asked how I was doing and I said pretty good physically (which was not entirely true) but I said my mental state was a problem. She looked at me like I had two heads. Oh? How is your mental state a problem? Well, you know how it is after cancer, it's hard to get on with life and feel normal, it's hard not to think every bone ache and cough isn't the cancer.

She blinked at me a few times, silent, just enough time for me to feel really stupid. She said, have you spoken to anyone about this? And I wanted to scream YES, ABOUT A BILLION WOMEN ON BREAST CANCER DOT ORG WHO SAY THE SAME FLUCKING THING AND WHO FIGHT THE SAME DAILY MENTAL BATTLE AND HOW IS IT THAT YOU, YOU STUNNED COW, DO NOT KNOW THIS IS A COMMON AND HORRIBLE AFFLICTION THAT GHOSTS MANY, MANY CANCER VICTIMS?

Bloody hell! If you work with cancer people in any capacity, when one of them says they are struggling with the mental state of cancer, you should be nodding your head in recognition of this almost global phenomenon and not gaping at me like I hit you with a dead fish and then muttering to see if I have talked to someone, as if I am somehow abnormal! God, it was like taking your dog to the vet and your vet doesn't recognize a dog or what they do! I wanted to ask her, how did you get this job anyway?

Worst is that I left feeling defective and inadequate. What? You haven't gotten past this, let it go, moved on, dealt with it, woke up and realized it's all a bad dream? Even as the powers shuffle their feet over this 'thing' that isn't growing or changing, but frankly shouldn't be there, we're not calling it cancer, we're not doing a biopsy, but we're not NOT calling it cancer either. But in the face of this dithering, why don't you just get on with life like everything is the same. Only NOTHING IS THE SAME! I know damn well I have to get my shit together and I think I am, bit by bit, day by day. But that stupid woman today really pissed me off and made me feel like a loser for not being all Mary Fuckin Poppins. Blah.

Dx 3/23/2017, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/12/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Radiation Therapy 7/5/2017 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 297 of 1,028 (10,277 results)

Scroll to top button