Topic: STEAM ROOM FOR ANGER

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression & other emotional effects.

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 12:21PM - edited Aug 2, 2017 01:46AM by sas-schatzi

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 12:21PM - edited Aug 2, 2017 01:46AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

This thread is meant to be for RANTS and RANTING. Then Rant again. We need a place to simply get rid of the anger. Write it here. Unleash it all. Get it out. This isn't meant for the Stupid comments(great thread). This is for the gut wrenching, tell them off anger.

IMPORTANT: When done ranting don't necessarily stick around. Toxic. Drop the rant and find a better thread.

Only rules: Please, follow them as the Mods will shut it down in a heartbeat( waving Mods)

1. Be careful to not mention docs, nurses, hospitals by name. Defamation and all that tedious legal stuff

2. If it's caused by someone on BCO, just don't mention their name. I think the exception will be if someone is stalking you, blow their anonymity wide open. A stalker doesn't deserve politeness.

3. If you think the rant is about you, let it go, they're no names. Don't take it personal. This is the steam room.

4. If they're is a fight, don't expect the Mods to moderate, it was your choice to come here.

5. After writing a rant, do nothing more, re-read at a future time. Decide if it's important enough for you to cut and paste the rant to whomever caused you the anger. It's a choice. Sometimes it needs to be done, but remember they're can be fall out.

6. ######## pound those keys, SCREAM(caps), J*&R$WSDF&(swear)

7. Religion and politics discussion should go to those topical threads. IF their is something that impacts cancer, it belongs here.

I will revise topic box as needed-sassy

For puking and the color works pukeewogh

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 5 of 1,030 (10,297 results)

Jul 20, 2015 02:21PM queenmomcat wrote:

MeToo/Eelek: Just the thought of getting the insurance runaround makes a calliope's worth of steam come out of my ears. But the only thing worse than jumping through hoops is not having insurance at all! My husband and I are right on the border between "govt-subsidized" and "Medicaid"...and we're terrified of getting stuck with a "health insurance" that no one will accept! Our PCP made it clear that if we got stuck with Medicaid, she'd only continue to treat us because we're patients of long standing, but it'd be a short term solution.

Checking with the local health care system/hospital/wherever it is you're getting treatment about a social worker or other help with financial aid is a grand idea....though I'll admit that sometimes we need to come here and rant, rave, shriek, pound the walls, throw things. and THEN go off to deal with asking for financial aid once we've calmed down. Catching more flies with honey than vinegar much.

Dx 5/27/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Surgery 7/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/1/2015 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 12/10/2015 Reconstruction (left)

Jul 20, 2015 03:34PM yj2012 wrote:

I deleted my earlier post, as my rant sounds petty compared to what some of these ladies are going through.

MeToo/Eel - I wish I could do or say something to help you both but since I can't , I can only wish and pray you both will be able to find some solution to your insurance situation .I am really sorry you both are facing stress with finances ,along with other emotional stress. I hope things will get better soon...

Jul 20, 2015 03:54PM - edited Jul 20, 2015 04:11PM by eellek

Shetland Pony, I have a nurse navigator I think that is what they called her.... Ive talked to her maybe 3 times for a few minutes. I was supposed to call her with questions for Dr. I just called the office instead.. I don't really know what she is for or what she does, I have never met her. I also feel there are more urgent cases than me, so I hate to bother them... there could be someone that needs them more than I do. I am scared and don't know what to expect. I was so upset when the lady told me about the insurance, I don't really care about it.! I am worried about my boys eating, hubby having gas to get to and from work. I work 2 part time jobs, and don't make full time pay between them, but they help with food and gas. I have too much going in my head right now to make sense of anything. Everytime I write the word I start crying, everytime I look in the mirror I start crying. I have never had any surgeries before this, never been in the hospital other than to have my boys... and I did them natural. I walk in the radiation office, and I am shaking and almost in tears before I get out of the car...and I have not started radiation yet.! I am just a basket case

I filled out the finiancial aid form... and will drop it off with the paystubs I have.My 1 part time job does not do paper paystubs, and I cannot get in the system from home, have a tough time getting in from work. Hubbys stopped paper paystubs end of april, and he no longer works there so they cant get in his info. current employer I have pay stubs for. I just feel they are going to give me the run around, and I just cant take much more.!

Kelly. 39 at diagnosis, Oncotype dx # 7 Dx 5/8/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Surgery 6/8/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 7/22/2015 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jul 20, 2015 04:20PM - edited Jul 20, 2015 04:23PM by ShetlandPony

I share the pain, fear, and frustration at the unfairness of this all. This topic was started to be a place to cry and rant, and we have good reason to do that. So my suggestion to enlist a social worker's help was in no way meant to deny our valid need to talk with each other or to derail this topic. There is a time to cry and rant, and a time to problem-solve. We need to do both, and we shouldn't have to do either alone. I just wanted to put the idea out there for whenever it might be helpful. For now, just Hugs.

2011 Stage I ITCs sn, premenopausal, Oncotype 16. 2014 Stage IV mets breast,liver. TaxolNEAD. Ibrance+letrozole 2yrs. Fas+afinitor nope. XelodaNEAD 2yrs. Eribulin,Doxil nope. SUMMIT FaslodexHerceptinNeratinib for Her2mut NEAD 1 1/2yrs. GI/perit mets Dx 2011, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2014, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/other, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast Surgery Lumpectomy

Jul 20, 2015 05:00PM queenmomcat wrote:

Shetland: I'll now apologize to you! I never did think you meant "Shoo! Run along to your local resources." but rather wanted to make sure that the previous ranters didn't think that. Because we need both local professional help and a place to rant, to ask the the questions we're too embarrassed to ask the doctors.

Dx 5/27/2015, DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Surgery 7/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 9/1/2015 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 11/1/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 12/10/2015 Reconstruction (left)

Jul 20, 2015 05:12PM ShetlandPony wrote:

I knew that. Thanks, queenmomcat.

2011 Stage I ITCs sn, premenopausal, Oncotype 16. 2014 Stage IV mets breast,liver. TaxolNEAD. Ibrance+letrozole 2yrs. Fas+afinitor nope. XelodaNEAD 2yrs. Eribulin,Doxil nope. SUMMIT FaslodexHerceptinNeratinib for Her2mut NEAD 1 1/2yrs. GI/perit mets Dx 2011, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2014, ILC, 2cm, Stage IV, metastasized to liver/other, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole breast: Breast Surgery Lumpectomy

Jul 20, 2015 05:57PM - edited May 19, 2017 01:16PM by BarredOwl

This Post was deleted by BarredOwl.
Stage IA IDC, 9/2013 BMX. Right: IDC (1.5 mm, grade 2) with DCIS (5+ cm), 0/4 nodes, pN0. Left: DCIS (5+ cm), 0/1 node, pN0(i+).

Jul 20, 2015 06:06PM eellek wrote:

Shetland Pony, Thank you so much, I will check into who that nurse navigator is in the morning... maybe she's the same as the oncology social worker you spoke of. I looked up what the navigator is supposed to do and was very surprised.! I had no clue. I will contact her in the morning and ask her if she can give me some ideas. I was so upset, talked to hubby and you all and I feel much better. ! Thank you for understanding.! I got what I have for financial aid, and will turn it in tomorrow, if more is needed then they can call me and I will do what I can to get it for them. I am glad I found this thread.! You girls are great.! You made me feel less alone in this... and I appreciate that.! Your Right I had my Rant... now its time to problem solve.!

Kelly. 39 at diagnosis, Oncotype dx # 7 Dx 5/8/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Surgery 6/8/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 7/22/2015 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jul 20, 2015 06:20PM - edited May 19, 2017 01:16PM by BarredOwl

This Post was deleted by BarredOwl.
Stage IA IDC, 9/2013 BMX. Right: IDC (1.5 mm, grade 2) with DCIS (5+ cm), 0/4 nodes, pN0. Left: DCIS (5+ cm), 0/1 node, pN0(i+).

Jul 20, 2015 06:35PM queenmomcat wrote:

eelek: and an apology to you, for not seeing your post RIGHT above Shetland's. Yes, start with the nurse navigator, as that's what they're for: a gateway to sorting out all the people you'll need to ask for help, are entitled to ask for help and so on. But you know that now!

If you can, come up with specific questions ahead of time, but for pete's squeaks, DO NOT feel bad about saying "i'm worried about money. I'm worried about insurance. But I don't know where to start. Can you help me?" You won't be the first to approach her with questions phrased thus! I mean, mine was "I can't stop crying. What do I do?" And hey presto, she'd hooked me up with the psychologist associated with the local cancer center, and a volunteer from the American Cancer Center.

Page 5 of 1,030 (10,297 results)

Scroll to top button