Topic: STEAM ROOM FOR ANGER

Forum: Mental Health: Because Cancer Doesn't Just Affect Your Breasts — Meet and support others who are affected by these issues around anxiety, depression, and other emotional effects.

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 11:21AM - edited Aug 2, 2017 12:46AM by sas-schatzi

Posted on: Jul 16, 2015 11:21AM - edited Aug 2, 2017 12:46AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

This thread is meant to be for RANTS and RANTING. Then Rant again. We need a place to simply get rid of the anger. Write it here. Unleash it all. Get it out. This isn't meant for the Stupid comments(great thread). This is for the gut wrenching, tell them off anger.

IMPORTANT: When done ranting don't necessarily stick around. Toxic. Drop the rant and find a better thread.

Only rules: Please, follow them as the Mods will shut it down in a heartbeat( waving Mods)

1. Be careful to not mention docs, nurses, hospitals by name. Defamation and all that tedious legal stuff

2. If it's caused by someone on BCO, just don't mention their name. I think the exception will be if someone is stalking you, blow their anonymity wide open. A stalker doesn't deserve politeness.

3. If you think the rant is about you, let it go, they're no names. Don't take it personal. This is the steam room.

4. If they're is a fight, don't expect the Mods to moderate, it was your choice to come here.

5. After writing a rant, do nothing more, re-read at a future time. Decide if it's important enough for you to cut and paste the rant to whomever caused you the anger. It's a choice. Sometimes it needs to be done, but remember they're can be fall out.

6. ######## pound those keys, SCREAM(caps), J*&R$WSDF&(swear)

7. Religion and politics discussion should go to those topical threads. IF their is something that impacts cancer, it belongs here.

I will revise topic box as needed-sassy

For puking and the color works pukeewogh

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 6 of 1,049 (10,488 results)

Jul 20, 2015 05:39PM eellek wrote:

BarredOwl, Thank you, I did get the COBRA info and it was way out of our price range..... and I have no idea how that would affect things but I am sure it would. :) I am going to drop off what I have to financial aid tomorrow, and if they need anything else Ill do my best to get it. Ill take it one day at a time and figure it out eventually. I think things just hit me real hard today, and she just caught me at the wrong time.

Kelly. 39 at diagnosis, Oncotype dx # 7 Dx 5/8/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Surgery 6/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 7/22/2015 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jul 20, 2015 05:41PM octogirl wrote:

So, all these insurance issues I am about to discuss apply to our US sisters, obviously, not to those in Canada and elsewhere, but that said: re the COBRA...if it is accepted within the period it is available, it is retroactive to date insurance ended (which is the last day of the month after leaving employment, for most employers, since remember, they paid the premium for the full month that last month, usually). So, worst case scenario if COBRA kicks in would be a postponement if needed to get authorization, or take risk of not having it authorized. I suspect it would not be a problem, however (not sure, just what I suspect).

And, don't forget the ACA (aka ObamaCare): the Open Enrollment period has passed for this year, but if your insurance status changes due to life changes (as when you or a spouse change jobs) you can enroll mid year.See:

https://www.healthcare.gov/coverage-outside-open-enrollment/

Don't assume you can't get/aren't covered until you look at the options. Also, since you husband has a new job: be absolutely sure his insurance doesn't cover you from day he started (most do, especially now that larger employers are required to provide insurance or pay into exchanges)...DO NOT assume that insurance won't cover you. you should ask and ask again and BE SURE you are given the information that LEGALLY you must be given (COBRA notification is a federal law, for example). Another question for a nurse navigator.

which leads me to something that really steams me: why the HELL should any of us have to worry about whether we can afford treatment in times like this? Shouldn't we all have comparable treatment regardless of our personal means? This isn't something we are doing for fun and games. This is life and death.

Dx 6/18/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/16/2015 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal Chemotherapy 9/8/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/15/2015 Hormonal Therapy 1/14/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 4/8/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Jul 20, 2015 05:46PM - edited May 19, 2017 12:15PM by BarredOwl

This Post was deleted by BarredOwl.
Stage IA IDC, 9/2013 BMX. Right: IDC (1.5 mm, grade 2) with DCIS (5+ cm), 0/4 nodes, pN0. Left: DCIS (5+ cm), 0/1 node, pN0(i+).

Jul 20, 2015 05:47PM eellek wrote:

queenmomcat, No apology needed. I appreciate your response.!

I am glad I posted here because I found out what the nurse navigator is supposed to do.... lol.... I had no clue.... I was handed a card and told she would call me a few days after surgery, I just thought she checked in on you after surgery ! She did... 3 times... asked how I was doing, I told her fine... explained how the underarm felt and she told me to do the excercises in the warm shower.... I will sit down this evening write up a list of questions and ask if she has any ideas.!

Thank You all so very much !!!

Kelly. 39 at diagnosis, Oncotype dx # 7 Dx 5/8/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Surgery 6/7/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Radiation Therapy 7/22/2015 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Jul 20, 2015 05:57PM eellek wrote:

Octogirl, Exactly !!!!! Why should any of us have to worry about whether we can afford treatment, This isn't something I something I am doing for fun and I sure as Heck did not sign up for it.!

I think that is what upset me. I told them numerous times the insurance would end, receptionist at pre testing said I had insurance until June 30. Cool. ! I had that much covered... But I kept explaining the insurance was going to end...and they kept saying when you get the bill, fill out the back and send it back in. Ok..... I haven't gotten a bill yet ! and today for her to say well how are you going to pay the bill.... I told her it would wait, I am trying to figure out how I am feeding my family and paying the household bills while I am off work.

Jul 22, 2015 03:14PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Bump

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Jul 22, 2015 09:04PM Beachbum1023 wrote:

Ah insurance, another good rant. I have run the fire dance of COBRA, insurance, no insurance, charity case, and now some do-goodie is trying to get me covered by someone for insurance. I have a pile of bills that total more than $62,000, and I really don't care. I have cancer, Stage IV freaking breast cancer, and they can all bite me. Right now I am worth more dead than alive, so they can all wait to collect it when I'm dead. They can have a dog fight over what's left so good luck! I'll wrap the cash in bacon and watch them fight for it.

Bad attitude about our insurance system, check that!

Bad attitude about the cost of breast cancer treatment, check that!

Bad attitude about my employer that told me we qualified for COBRA, and we did NOT qualify, check that!

Bad attitude about anything pink, check that!

It's hard enough to try to work full time during treatment, make it through DD AC/T, surgery, and rads and be dead broke and exhausted. Then the collectors start calling for money. Really? I throw down my "C" card and listen to their promises to pray for me. Really? How about chipping in $10 bucks on my account balance? That would help me. Or listen to the stories about all of the people they know that have died from cancer. Really? That helps me? I hate those stories, and usually the people that tell them to me.

So no point in worrying about bills, I have scans coming the week after Labor Day. That I will worry about. That is life and death. So they can keep charging late fees, I have yet to see that cause of death on a tombstone! I guess Capital One now knows what's in my wallet!

Beachbum - AIN'T NO 5! Dx 7/15/2014, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 8/18/2014 AC Chemotherapy 10/13/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 12/14/2014 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right Dx 12/26/2014, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy 1/25/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes

Jul 22, 2015 11:02PM BookLady1 wrote:

Beach bum - Bravo on your rant! I feel better just reading it and think I can go to bed, now. I love this site - I didn't realize that others rants could be so cathartic! Sweet dreams, Linda

Dx 8/11/2014, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 1/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/8/2014 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Chemotherapy 10/6/2014 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 3/9/2015 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 4/30/2015 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 22, 2015 11:49PM Beatmon wrote:

Eek, you can cancel Cobra at anytime. One month payment, though large, maybe all you will need. Keep us posted. Maybe Our president could pay it instead of spending the weekend with his girls in NYC...your surgery bill will be much cheaper.

Dx 7/27/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 8/9/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 12/1/2013 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 7/1/2014 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Dx 8/9/2014, IDC, Both breasts, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 8/27/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 8/27/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Chemotherapy 8/27/2014 Taxotere (docetaxel)

Jul 23, 2015 08:35AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Beachie I agree with BookieL, That was the best rant. Should be copied and sent to millions. Beatmoms right. The millions and millions of $$$$$ the Obama's have spent on vacationing. What is that?  Where and WHY do presidents feel entitled to spend taxpayer money for their vacations? The queen of England doesn't. Please, nobody confuse me with facts if I'm wrong.

Page 6 of 1,049 (10,488 results)

Scroll to top button