Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1429 of 4,354 (43,531 results)

Mar 10, 2013 01:47PM Cocobean wrote:

45 minutes of elliptical and bike at the gym, rainy and cloudy here too...can't wait for spring and sun. 

Marian- hope you can get a walk in today and hope the nausea goes away! 

Dx 6/18/2012, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, 4/12 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 7/25/2012 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Targeted Therapy 9/19/2012 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 9/19/2012 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 1/28/2013

Mar 10, 2013 03:36PM ck55 wrote:

Ruth, thank you so much for all the DVD suggestions. I am just starting out so maybe I will start with Richard Simmons. I used to do Jazzercise and loved it so maybe I will look into that as well.

Cyndi

DX 11/9/06 9cm ILC Stage 3A Mastectomy ER+ PR+ HR- 2/16 Nodes DD AC/Taxol Radiation

Mar 10, 2013 04:14PM NatsFan wrote:

9 mile run in the park today - it's the longest I've ever run.  I was pitifully slow, but I did it.  Tongue Out  It was 60 degrees and sunny - a perfect day.  Saw lots of dogs with their owners, a hawk, and two beautiful bluebirds!  Now we'll see if I can move tomorrow . . .

Mary Dx 12/31/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 10, 2013 06:16PM lilacblue wrote:

Thanks Odie61! Marian, easy does it and hope today is good for you and Cocobean, you got on it today, good for you. Joy, hope you wrap up the big project soon and Ann, I read you hooping it up for 3 hours no less, wow.  Good for you Mary on 9 miles and Luvlulu, you are getting me geared to train for a 5k this June.  Badger, saw my first open daffodils yesterday.

I did gym ball and handweights for 45 minutes here at home this morning.  Snow is to come tonight.  Spring is happening somwhere, just not here - yet and our clocks don't change until March 31.

Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise. - Diane Arbus Dx 4/13/2012, DCIS/IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/12/2012 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap, Nipple reconstruction

Mar 10, 2013 11:25PM ruthbru wrote:

Busy day, but got in the hard FIRM 500 Calorie Workout....maybe that was enough exercise to burn off the mini-blizzard I ate at Dairy Queen this afternoon Undecided.....

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Mar 10, 2013 11:44PM _Ann_ wrote:

Mary, congrats on the 9 miles, that's a long run.  

Part 2 of the hoop dance workshop today-- another three hour session and a walk with the DH afterward.  I'm really wiped out.  I think it will be a 9:30 bedtime for me.

Finished primary treatment (chemo, lumpectomy, rads) in April 2013. Hormone therapy through 2023. Dx 6/15/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 3/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 11, 2013 12:25AM hbcheryl wrote:

((((Missy)))) how utterly terrifying the past weeks must have been for you, I’m glad you have a treatment plan in place and you’re slowly getting back on the exercise wagon, do what is best for you if you feel like it do it but if you feel crappy take care of yourself but let us know as we are all here for you.

Marian hope you are feeling better today. Wow Mary 9 milesSurprised, you are really doing it, you have every right to be proud of yourself. Ann when you find something you enjoy the time just flies. And Ruth we all know you can live up to WWRDWink

I did go to my gym on Friday night and did Body Pump and CX Works (a core class) it’s usually my off day but seeing as it was the "last night" I went along, gym will reopen on Monday morning as a YMCA, they are trying to keep all the classes but my two favourite spin instructors aren’t coming back, one is taking a break but the other has been poached by another gym, they are buying bikes just to get her, I will follow her as her new gym is right by my office, hmmmm I will have 3 gym membershipsCool. This morning I did a spin class at gym 2, it was good not great but I broke a sweat, I shan't tell you that I spent the afternoon around the kitchen table playing board games and eating, eating, eating - we had cupcakes and cheesecake and chips and dip and tacos OMG no wonder I have to exercise.

Dx 7/25/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 11, 2013 07:28AM balsie wrote:

Hi Ladies~ Gosh I haven't been on here forever! You are all so inspiring~ I am into my 9th day of "The 30 day shred " Good workout. I just googled it on youtube. There are 3 levels.  Days are going to get longer now and maybe the snow will melt and we can all get outside for a walk.  Enjoy your day.  Balsie

Dx 4/15/2009, ILC, 1cm, Stage IIA, 2/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 11, 2013 11:51AM pat01 wrote:

So, I did a St. Patty's day 5K on Saturday - mostly walking for me with a little jogging thrown in just to look good! But I have not been running since the fall so I didn't want to overdo.  Great day with some old and new friends, and just now I realized that many of them have had breast cancer as most of them met while doing a 3 day walk for BC. I was pooped after the race (or was it the after race margaritas???), came home, took a shower, and watched a bad movie on TV.  So running is something I need to add back in to my fitness routine, C25K here I come.

Went dress shopping yesterday with a friend, and I found a dress!  It's a knee length navy lace dress with 3/4 sleeves, looks great on the body I have now so no need to "try" to lose weight.  Then for the heck of it went shoe shopping, and also found shoes!  Very light gold toned strappy sandals with a low wedge heel.  What a relief - still need to have my daughter OK it in person, she is coming up Easter weekend.  Still need to find the right undergarments, and a great pair of earrings, but that's about it!

Got home late from dress shopping, but did manage to hear Ruth encouraging me to do my arm exercises - even though a small part of me was saying my dress has sleeves so no one will see my flabby arms - then I reminded myself of the rest of the summer!

No walk at lunch today - got to go finalize carpet color selections.  But loving it being light later!

Dx 6/1/2011, DCIS/IDC, Right, Stage IA, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Mar 11, 2013 01:12PM Nicole503 wrote:

Taxol bone/joint aches are getting me down. Frown

Forced myself to the gym and glad I did.  After a 30 minute spin on the elliptical
Endorphins: 1
Bone and Joint Pain in my legs: 0
Hoping for a bit of a reprieve before I need a rematch! 

Dx 10/31/2012, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/13/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 12/27/2012 AC Chemotherapy 2/21/2013 Taxol (paclitaxel) Hormonal Therapy 4/25/2013 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1429 of 4,354 (43,531 results)

Scroll to top button