Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 05:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 05:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 4343 of 4,354 (43,534 results)

May 19, 2022 07:51PM karen1956 wrote:

Snow in the forecast for Friday and Saturday. It got to 90 today and at 7:06 its still 84. By tomorrow it will be in the 40s. I will bring in my 2 petunia hanging baskets and the plant my son bought me for my birthday that I planted in a pot for the garden fountain. We generally wait till Memorial Day to plant. This year DH wants to plant ground cover in the fountain garden and petunias but just not as many flowers so in the winter there is something besides dirt.

Trntab - happy birthday to your mother. My late mother's birthday was in October. In January, she would start saying, I'm going to be X. It's a Canadian thing to say I'm going to be Y. My SIL does it all the time!!! Last week my DH was in Vancouver for work and one of his accounts asked how old DH is and DH said I'm going to be 67!!! The guy got a good laugh out of it, not knowing my DH has Canadian family through me and now our DD#1.

Claire - busy week - sounds like a lot of fun.

Two weeks - it is going to drag, yet go so quickly. I have so much work to finish before the end of the year. I have 2 comp days left and want to use them. I think I'll take the next 2 Thursdays off - DH gets annoyed when he thinks I'm not getting to use the time as how hard I worked last June parts of the rest of the summer.

DH and I are going to get our second booster. Pfizer for the 1st three, so going to get the Moderna. We keep hearing too many doctors on the news saying, over 60, over should get the second booster. Hoping for no side effects. DH had side effects with the others and each vaccine, the reaction was worse.

Sweet dreams.

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

May 19, 2022 08:19PM ruthbru wrote:

Wonderland, a steaming hot Monticello does ring a bell (we were there on a day one July when the heat index was 124!!! SickTired)

We have a cold front coming in too, Karen. Some snow flurries and frost warnings Friday & Saturday night. We are invited to a graduation party in a park on Saturday & the high will be 46......not exactly the weather the family was hoping for!

If you a a Downton Abby fan, be sure to see the new movie. It is excellent!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 20, 2022 10:29AM karen1956 wrote:

Went this morning for our 2nd booster. We both had Pzifer for the first 3, but switched to Moderna based on DH's retired PCP. Hoping for no side effects. I didn't have any besides sore arm, but DH got sick with each one and each one was worse.

Cold and damp - its been raining all morning and turning to snow this afternoon. Brought my plants in last night. They keep increasing expected snow totals. High schools are scrambling to figure out alternative places for graduation. I won't complain about the weather as we really need the moisture and I rather have this than 90s in May!! The only thing I miss is walking when it rains. Now snow, that's doable to walk - just bundle up!! I don't put away summer or winter clothes as they are all in the same closed - same with shoes - as in summer I live in my Chaco sandals.

Need to get busy cooking, baking and cleaning. Have a great Friday

May 21, 2022 05:58AM - edited May 21, 2022 05:58AM by ruthbru

Hope you had no reaction to your booster, Karen. How much snow did you end up getting? We have 3 days of freeze warnings & predicted flurries. We are headed for South Dakota for a graduation party in a PARK......it will be cloudy & about 47 degrees, so that does not sound like very much fun. One of DH's grandnieces is the graduate. We may not hang around as long as we had planned.

Yesterday I did a pilates DVD & danced around to Marshall Fitness on utube. Today l will do an ab DVD & some sort of cardio before we leave.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 21, 2022 04:59PM wonderland wrote:

Sarahmaude: Sounds like you are improving nicely from your neutropenia. Hope the pain around your kidneys has resolved. I became neutropenic after my 4th AC treatment and was in the hospital for 3 days. Received fluids and blood transfusions plus given an extra week off before moving on to Taxol. Like my friend told me: if you get sick during chemo the doctors patch you up and send you right back in. She was right!

TT: Sorry you have covid and that you have reinjured your knee! All right here at your busy graduation time. Hope covid has been easy on you.

Ruth: TICKS! I hate ticks. Please continue to check yourself and Bruno daily. Monticello was hot but it was not as hot as when we went.

Karen: 84 degrees to snow the next day. Good grief!

beginagain: Keep up the good work!

Claire: What a mess with the broken table top!

Got home from our vacation yesterday. In 2019 I was the highest bidder on a silent auction trip to Skytop Lodge in the Poconos in PA. 2 nights and meals included. Had planned to go in 2020 but that didn't happen. Finally got to go last week. Had a blast! Went to Gettysburg for 2 nights on the way to Skytop. Stopped at the National Civil War Museum in Harrisburg PA. Skytop Lodge is amazing! Lots of hiking (and eating). Stopped in Charlottesville for 1 night and visited Monticello. Lots of driving but so worth it.

I won the silent auction trip though an organization called Casting for Recovery. They provide free weekend retreats for women who have or have had breast cancer. Participants learn fly fishing but it's so much more than just fly fishing. I attending the NC retreat in 2010 and had a nice, relaxing time. Even caught a trout! I've never fly fished before and I haven't since the retreat but I experienced at the retreat will always stay with me. Here's the link to the organization: castingforrecovery.org/

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/26/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/1/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 21, 2022 08:39PM karen1956 wrote:

Ruth - no accumulation on the roads but on the grass. Lots of downed tree branches. We lost a small one in front and a larger one in bak - fortunately that one didn't take the power line with it. I think I can put my plants back out.

Sore arm and achy this morning that went away with 2 acetaminophen. DH had a reaction as with the 3 Pfizer. Sore arm and feeling lousy all day. He did feel okay for a walk late this afternoon, but that wiped him out.

Wonder - sounds like a nice trip. I've heard of casting for recovery. I wouldn't fish, so never thought to apply. It is a great organization. I won't buy trout with the head on it SillyHeart

Two walks today - the one with DH and one in the later morning and read the rest of the day. 200 on a 300 page book. Hope to finish it tomorrow - but I also have some report writing to do.

Sweet dreams

May 22, 2022 08:46PM - edited May 22, 2022 08:47PM by wonderland

Karen: sounds like your dh recovered fairly quickly from his second booster. Luckily I only had a slight sore arm.

Walked/ran this evening. Also did some yard work.

Here are a few pictures from our trip.

Watch out for the Yankee sniper in the tree!

Gettysburg statue of Rebels getting ready to participate in Pickett's Charge.

The Skytop Lodge. It's huge! There also cabins and a lakeside lodge. Reminded me of The Overlook in The Shining by Stephen King.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/26/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/1/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 23, 2022 05:36AM ruthbru wrote:

I would have loved that vacation, Wonderland. When I was at Gettysburg, I don't think our guide liked me very much because I kept wandering off! Did you get to see Eisenhower's farm which was right down the road?

Yesterday I went to Barre Sculpt & Yoga, Today I will go to Pound. At some point I need to pack because Wednesday morning I fly off to NC for my nephew's wedding.

May 23, 2022 05:12PM beginagain22 wrote:

Hi All,

3 miles walking this morning. Lifted butts and guts. Hysterectomy and BSO on Wednesday so just one more workout for a little bit. Ttyl

Surgery 3/18/2022 Cryotherapy (Left); Cryotherapy (Right); Lumpectomy (Left); Lumpectomy (Right); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Lymph node removal (Right); Mastectomy (Left): Modified Radical, Nipple Sparing, Partial, Radical, Simple, Skin Sparing; Mastectomy (Right): Modified Radical, Nipple Sparing, Partial, Radical, Simple, Skin Sparing; Prophylactic mastectomy (Left); Prophylactic mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left); Reconstruction (Right) Hormonal Therapy 5/1/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 5/25/2022 Dx IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 2/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 23, 2022 06:20PM ruthbru wrote:

Good Luck, Wednesday, beginagain!

I never did get to Pound because at class time I was sitting outside with my neighbor visiting while our dogs played. When I come back from the wedding, they will have already moved away. Scared

Page 4343 of 4,354 (43,534 results)

Scroll to top button