Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 4348 of 4,390 (43,900 results)

Jun 10, 2022 07:38PM karen1956 wrote:

Wonder - I stopped making a "to do" list years ago as often it was too lofty - I know in my mind what I want to do - sometimes I'll write just a couple things done to get done.

The heat is on - mid to high 90s for the next several days

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

Jun 11, 2022 09:29AM ruthbru wrote:

If I didn't have a "to do" list, I wouldn't get anything done ever! Loopy I still log my exercise in a notebook every day, as well as reporting in here, so I am very much a 'write it down and check it off' person.

Yesterday I went for a walk with DH & DD (dear dog) and did MORE yard work. I'm going to Pound in a few minutes. It's our wedding anniversary so we are going to check out a new restaurant on the lake later today. It will be in the 80s for the next few days here, perfect summer weather!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 11, 2022 10:17PM wonderland wrote:

Happy Anniversary Ruth!!! The restaurant on the lake sounds like a fantastic way to celebrate.

Karen: Your heat is coming our way.

Dd (in this case, daughter, not dog like Ruth's dd) and I had a fun day together. Started with donuts and coffee. Then a trip to the Farmer's Market. Ate lunch at our favorite drive-in. Went into Winston Salem to go to a craft store and Costco. She has a membership there. I find it overwhelming with so much! How can there be world hunger with all the food available in just this one store!?!

Walked/ran in the late evening. Not looking forward to the heat that will be here this week.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 12, 2022 10:04AM karen1956 wrote:

100F yesterday and 98F today and tomorrow!!! Way too hot for my blood anytime.

August 1st both DH and I will be fully on medicare. My pcp only takes a few Advantage plans and does not take regular medicare. So I'm going with the advantage plan through the state retirement system. DH is going with a regular medigap plan. I didn't know this but if you don't initially go with regular medicare/medigap within 6 months of signing up, you could be turned down due to pre-existing conditions. I don't want to look for a new pcp - The plans offered by the state retirement system are the same with different out of pocket and copays.

Happy anniversary Ruth

I guess I have sort of a "to do" list but it is more generic. I used to make my list too long and never get much checked off. I'll write it in the morning. Wonder and Ruth - you are right, if you don't write something down, even one or two things, the day goes by and nothing is accomplished.

Need to walk shortly before it gets too hot.

Have a great Sunday

Jun 12, 2022 10:58AM claire_in_seattle wrote:

I also went to the farmers market yesterday. Got a host of spring veggies here including a spinach type vegetable that is delicious, salad, greenhouse tomatoes that tasted like field-grown, and wild rice harvested by a small outfit from the south end of Lake Coeur d'Alene. Then I went and got some yak tenderloin to have with it. Just yum! The wild rice was not cheap, but anyone who would go through the process of manually harvesting and then drying and removing the chaff is someone whom I want to support!

There was a man selling onions and blessing his vegetables and all the purchasers. I must say that the onions are that good!

Still very much spring here with cool temps with the next couple of days being in the low 60s.

My dining table is now set up and the pictures rearranged. The whole living/dining space looks just fabulous. Packing went to the dump and old table to Goodwill who were thrilled to get it. It's amazing how a table of slightly different proportions can totally transform a space; everything looks perfectly integrated and flows properly. Being about 8" narrower meant that I could move my sofa back a few inches and nothing looked crowded anymore.

I am trying to figure out where to cycle today. Think over to Post Falls Dam and back which will give me my 60 miles for the week. A lot of the route goes through nice residential where the people spend good money on their gardens, and it's nice to see all the flowers and blooming plants. I think I will make a pork loin roast tonight as just delicious and will use up some of my fresh herbs. I am getting a bumper crop with all the rain.

More later. Happy Sunday everyone! - Claire

May be an image of table and indoor

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 13, 2022 08:54AM karen1956 wrote:

Claire - dining table is great. Would love to see pictures of the whole space. Sounds like you are having a great summer exploring the new hood and surrounding areas.

forecast 98 or 99F with potential again to break 100. Yesterday was. hot but only mid 90s - cloudy most of the day.

worked in the closet that goes under the stairs (we live in a one story with a basement). I haven't been in there for several years. I had a plastic bag than a comforter came in filled with old wool blankets - some 65 years old - took bag outside to wipe off all the dust - and on the top blanket were little white "worms" - and you could see that parts of the blanket had been "eaten). I didn't even bother looking at any other blankets - just threw them all out. KInd of bummed me - but to be. hones, I forgot they were there. Would have preferred to donate them, but not possible. One blanket is in all the infant pictures of me.

spent more time working in that closet and still lots more to do - we put stuff in there many years ago - some old work stuff from my husband that will all go in the garbage. An old Smith Corona manual type writer from the 1970s. Lots of kids stuff and lots of papers that are all garbage as they are so old. We used to use the closet but once my son put his box spring in there a few years ago, we didn't go in. I went in there to put books that my son didn't want to take with him and decided it was a good time to clean it out!!!

Have a great Tuesday.

Jun 13, 2022 09:23AM ruthbru wrote:

It sounds like you are having lots of fun getting settled, Claire1

Very productive, Karen. I think 'stuff' actually breeds in closets!

I went to yoga yesterday & am off to Dance2fit in a few minutes. We are in a thunderstorm alert for today & tomorrow. Nice Wednesday & then the temperatures go up, up, up. Must be summer!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 13, 2022 05:07PM claire_in_seattle wrote:

I have the electric fireplace going, and it's not for show either. Just drilled holes in the two planters that didn't come with drain holes so that my geraniums don't drown. This should give you an idea of the main living areas of my digs. I still need to think through my office, but at least the dining table is out of here now and assembled! - Claire

View towards the sitting room area, a combination of slightly formal and very comfortable. I think you need a bit of red in a northern climate to warm things up on this wet Junuary day with temps in the 40s.

Looking across in the opposite direction. Colors and proportions came out perfectly. Dining chairs are super comfortable and tie the room to the 18th Century artwork on the opposite wall and 19th Century porcelain in the cabinet. I love the fact that the floor can be mopped after dealing with off-white carpet the past 15 years.

Looking towards the kitchen. Note the large pantry in the corner. Lots of room for everything. Laundry is to the left of the fridge with even more storage. Cookbooks are in the bottom of the bookcase. Left bottom is a German History of Art from about 1905. Many of the illustrations are of artwork that no longer exists or was lost during the two World Wars. Of course, the bag at the left top of the island is a cycling bag that needs putting away.

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 13, 2022 06:49PM ruthbru wrote:

Your place is lovely, Claire!

Jun 13, 2022 11:21PM karen1956 wrote:

Claire - your place is very cozy and inviting - enjoy it in good health

Page 4348 of 4,390 (43,900 results)

Scroll to top button