Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 08:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 4351 of 4,390 (43,896 results)

Jun 21, 2022 11:10PM ruthbru wrote:

A nice day here too. I had a haircut, met friends for lunch, took Bruno to the Dog Park, planted some of the 5 flats of flowers I was given, went to Zumba & Yoga. Whew....a busy day! Happy Summer Solstice! I love the long days of summer!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 22, 2022 06:12PM coffeelatte wrote:

Ruth, thank you for sharing your experience with Covid. You hit the nail on the head when you said you would hit a wall and could not push through. That describes exactly how I feel now. When I hit that wall, I have no choice but to rest on the sofa with a blanket until I get my second wind. It is a weird feeling but you give me hope that in time it will pass. I did go to line dancing today for the first time in almost a month so that was progress. I also was able to start back up with my at-home PT strength exercises for the hip and core. I have a very weak hip and the PT has helped. I missed doing them but got back to it today and it feels empowering.

I hope everyone stays safe in this heat. It is really brutal lately.

Dx 7/2/2013, Grade 3, ER-/PR- Surgery 8/12/2013 Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right)

Jun 22, 2022 06:33PM karen1956 wrote:

The NP called with my parathyroid results - they are elevated. Last year it was well within normal limits. She has referred me to an endocrinologist. The doctor is across down from me (1/2. hour or so), but she is part of the system that my PCP is with so she will have access to all my records. NP is not sure what Endocrinologist will do. CT scan of parathyroid? Wait and watch or who knows. A lot of issues that apply to elevated parathyroid apply to me!!! I will call tomorrow if they don't call me and hoping I can be seen before we leave in 3 weeks.

Worked in my office/spare bedroom. Don't see as much difference as I did in the under the stairs closet. Main difference is that the futon is no longer a place to put stuff. I put my work stuff in the under the stairs closet in a box easy to access if I need something. I still need to empty my backpack. Next is dusting the house - a task that I avoid.

Mostly cloudy today so wasn't as hot as predicted.

Have a great night.

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

Jun 22, 2022 09:27PM wonderland wrote:

sarahmaude: I'm impressed that you are reading, running errands, and being creative! Keep muddling through and this will all be behind you soon. Heart

coffeelate: Sounds like you're doing exactly what you're supposed to do - rest, rest, rest when you hit the wall. It's promising that you were able to go to line dance and start back on your hip exercises. Heart

Ruth: That's a lot of flowers!

Karen: Oh no! Hopefully the Endocrinologist can figure out what's going on.

Had my wisdom tooth extracted on Monday and was expecting to be in a lot of pain. Luckily it was a simple procedure and by the next day I was fine. I don't even go back for a checkup appointment.

It's ridiculously hot here as in so many locations. Met dd late this evening for a walk. Not as fast as we usually walk bc of the heat.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 22, 2022 11:26PM - edited Jun 22, 2022 11:37PM by ruthbru

Keep doing what you are doing, coffeelatte!

Karen, I hope they can figure out what is going on before you go on vacation so you don't have to have it hanging over your head.

Wonderland, glad your wisdom tooth gave up without a flight. I had a horrible wisdom tooth extraction experience that I will NOT share!

It was a beautiful day to walk. Here's the Wednesday Women having breakfast on our friend's deck afterwards. We climb back into the heat & humidity tomorrow so I got ALL the flowers planted today!

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 23, 2022 08:41PM wonderland wrote:

Wonderful picture Ruth!

Walked/ran this morning before it got too hot. Walked again this evening with dd. We talked about her work but also N'Sync and The Backstreet Boys. Smile

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/27/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/2/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/5/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/20/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 24, 2022 01:12AM karen1956 wrote:

Walked this morning with a girlfriend for an hour. It was HOT when I walked around lunch and before dinner for a short walk. After dinner we waited till 8pm to walk and it was lovely out - not too hot and nice breeze. Hot again tomorrow and then 70s over the week-end.

I called the endocrinologist office today - she has not seen the referral yet to determine course of action - but the office said it would probably be August till I could get an appointment. Went back to PCP to have Vitamin D lab drawn as she forgot to write it on the order with the parathyroid. Two years ago, it was on the lower end of normal - and I don't remember if I was taking Vitamin D then or not. I'm taking 2000iu daily so curious about the results. I just don't remember when I started back taking Vitamin D.

I can't believe that it's only been 3 weeks since school got out. It seems longer but then again, the rest of the summer will fly by!! The special case I was working on, may be back on so I will have to finish my reports. I'm only available for 2 more weeks till just before the school year starts.

I've been enjoying working in the house as I can see the results. Finally emptied my work backpack. Cleared off the futon and the mess on the roll top desk. I'm going to put the quilt that was in my late MILs guest bedroom on the futon tomorrow.

We didn't plan petunias in the water fountain garden this summer. DH wants to put ground cover type perennial plants and we need to move a blue spruce. My son gave me this gorgeous plant for Mother's Day. I can't remember the name but it is long - the leaves feel like crepe paper and are a deep pink. We moved it more into the shade and it is doing great - so many blooms. When we are gone, we will have DS take it and the two hanging baskets to his apt as they will need watering more than once/week.

Wonder - sounds like you had a fun time with your DD.

It's late. Sweet dreams

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

Jun 24, 2022 09:20AM ruthbru wrote:

Yesterday I went to Pound in the morning & Barre Sculpt in the evening. In between I did more 'flower stuff'. A local greenhouse was having a big sale, so I bought a few more zucchini and pepper plants (for $1.00 each), a flat of little fill-in flowers (marigolds & petunias.....also for $1.00 each), two hanging baskets (for $10.00 each), a little wagon planter, a wind chime, and two lawn ornaments. After buying all that stuff, I then had to put it all in place. Today is very hot & humid with a threat of severe storms, so I may be spending time bringing everything inside!!!!! I haven't decided yet what I'll do for actual 'exercise'.....probably something not outside!

Jun 24, 2022 09:42AM ruthbru wrote:

Here's some pictures of my front and back yard.

Jun 24, 2022 09:43AM ruthbru wrote:

Page 4351 of 4,390 (43,896 results)

Scroll to top button