Topic: Let's Post our Daily Exercise

Forum: Working on Your Fitness — Conversations about exercise, diet, and getting back in shape after breast cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 07:56AM

Posted on: Sep 28, 2009 07:56AM

Morgan513 wrote:

I'm doing the Firm Cardio Step mix and will walk the dog for a mile later today.

Lorrie 

Dx 4/9/2008, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 4358 of 4,373 (43,723 results)

Jul 15, 2022 05:08PM wonderland wrote:

Have a fabulous trip Karen!!!

Ruth: How did the tree removal go? Good thing Bruno left the property. You may want to touch base with your homeowner's insurance to see if they will pays towards the bill.

Dh and I pushed mowed today. I did 80 minutes of it. It's been exactly 4 weeks since we last mowed. Very unusual! Parts of the yard really didn't need it. We need rain.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/26/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/1/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 16, 2022 12:17PM ruthbru wrote:

The tree removal was actually very interesting. We were just leaving when the guys showed up, so we sat and watched from the car for about 20 minutes. One guy was on the roof sawing off big pieces with a chain saw. Then he & a guy in a bucket on top of a crane attached a rope to it and lowered it to the ground. They kept doing it until the roof was clear & then went into the backyard to finish the job. They did a great job and cleaned up nicely, although DH & I spent 3 more sweaty hours there finishing up. Wonderland, we called and sent pictures to our insurance company as soon as it happened. We are waiting for the roofers to look at the shingles in tell us how much damage was done.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 16, 2022 12:20PM ruthbru wrote:

I went to Yoga Strength and walked for an hour this morning. We are headed into a nasty hot, humid couple of days (with heat indexes of over 100....yuck!).

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 16, 2022 07:08PM wonderland wrote:

That's an impressive picture, Ruth! He is really high. Makes me nervous looking at him in the bucket. 3 hours of picking up sticks is definitely exercise! Hope insurance pays some if not all of the bill.

I've been going down the Internet rabbit hole looking at you tubes on how to make boutonnieres, corsages, and bouquets. Dd and I decided to make them for her wedding in October. We had already decided to make the the table arrangements. (a team of family/friends will be in charge of this on wedding day). We have farms that grow flowers and that's where we were get the bulk of them. Dd wants color, color, and color. They will be simple colorful arrangements placed in a selection of copper vases my mom and other family members had. I've been buying flowers from the flower lady and practicing. I need a lot more practice!

Walked/ran this evening. It's 79 degrees which feels pretty good.

"Put on your coat. It's easier to stay warm than it is to get warm." George the Llama Man Dx 11/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/36 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 11/26/2006 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 1/1/2007 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 6/4/2007 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/21/2007 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/9/2009 Reconstruction (Left): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2009 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jul 16, 2022 08:35PM claire_in_seattle wrote:

Just caught up reading everyone's posts. I am starting to get excited about my trip though there are a couple of days of a rail strike that could make things dicey. I have been taking advantage of the river.

Out on my kayak the other evening. Just glorious.

May be an image of lake, twilight, nature and sky

May be an image of lake and nature

Yesterday, I tried a new place.....Hauser Lake. Very proud of myself for doing the one mile or so across the lake and back. I can tell today that I did something. So this evening is just a swim in the river. Got home after dark so a late evening. Talk about sleeping well!

May be an image of lake, mountain, nature, sky and twilight

May be an image of lake, nature, sky and twilight

May be an image of 1 person, lake and nature

May be an image of lake, twilight, nature and sky

Hoping to get in some miles tomorrow as essential to keep up the rhythm. I am actually proud of myself for making it across the lake yesterday, and I have learned how to get into the kayak without capsizing. I just need to be a bit further forward.

Off for my swim! Have a great rest of the weekend. - Claire

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 17, 2022 04:04PM ruthbru wrote:

Lovely pictures, Claire! The heat index here is 102, blah!!! I am going to yoga this evening & will do half an hour of something aerobic (inside!).

Jul 18, 2022 05:59PM ruthbru wrote:

Still super-hot & humid here. Dance2fit this morning and Pound tonight. I hope the weather can break without a storm!

Jul 20, 2022 12:54PM - edited Jul 20, 2022 12:56PM by ruthbru

I went to Barre Sculpt and Zumba last night and walked with the Wednesday Women today. We had a break in the weather so I am out in the yard with Bruno. 3 squirrels ran up a tree and he's been sitting under it for about 45 minutes staring into the branches. I am pretty sure they won't be coming down anytime soon!

Jul 20, 2022 03:21PM claire_in_seattle wrote:

Got in a bicycle ride this morning before things got beastly so caught up on cycling. Also have the arrangements for my trip finalized. Now, it's stocking up on items such as cycling socks.

I can't believe how wonderful it is to have a swimming beach close by. Just a short walk. I have been doing an early evening swim every day which makes all the difference, not to mention adding to my exercise quotient. Tomorrow is kayak day and will explore some hidden beaches in Lake Coeur d'Alene.

Suspect that Bruno would love the beach. Is he missing his girlfriend, or has he found a new interest which I doubt would be difficult for such a handsome swain.

More later. Stay cool everyone! - Claire

Completed all treatment (AC +T, lumpectomy, radiation and 5 years of AIs - anastrazole). Now celebrating every single day for the wonderful life I have been granted. Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jul 20, 2022 06:26PM - edited Jul 20, 2022 06:26PM by ruthbru

Bruno is REALLY missing his girlfriend. Every morning he sits at the top of the deck stairs and WILLS her to emerge from her house!

Page 4358 of 4,373 (43,723 results)

Scroll to top button