Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited February 2007
    Jeannie, I use the Red Heart yarn, machine wash and dry, 100% acrylic. I find this yard is easy for the beginner and comes in many colors. The yarn is about $2.69 (or thereabouts) a skein.

Deb, thank you, thank you....I'll have one of those lollipops, afterall, I'm at a 4.5 grade level and still eat lots of candy.lol

Madison
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2007
    OK...debbie's useless gripe for the day...

If I get One more Victoria's Secret add in the mail I am going to PUKE. Remember me?...the one with no BOOBS.

Yes dear ladies...I had a total melt-down over the damn junk mail Saturday night. I got 3, count them THREE, bra catalogs in the mail. Usually I would just toss them, or make a joke and toss them, but Shoot Howdy (HAD to borrow that one) did it push my hidden buttons this weekend.

I guess the bottom line is I don't know what might set me off. I go around thinking I am A-OK with being breastless until something hits me sideways...

And, yes, if anyone is counting I still have all my bras too. I worked hard to find sexy bras in my size (extra huge) and it makes me sad to think about throwing them away.

Deb C
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited February 2007
    We have 4 more performances left. They added one on for Thurs since we've been sold out. This is a link to our newspaper article about the play. They didn't use my picture, but that's ok. I play such a nasty character.

http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=29161&format=html
  • ArmyNavyMom
    ArmyNavyMom Member Posts: 134
    edited February 2007
    Deb,

You are one of the many gals I'm so looking forward to meeting in person! My "useless gripe of the day" involves Britney Spears (don't even know if that's spelled right -- don't care either) and her new bald look. I know she didn't do it to personally offend me, but it was sure irritating that she'd intentionally do something that has been traumatic for so many of us.

Grrr...

Anne
  • Madison
    edited February 2007
    DebC, yep, got a VS catalog in the mail Saturday...went directly into recycle bin....grrrrr

Sheri, are you going to pinkstock?....we may have to present you with our own Academy Award......
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited February 2007
    Sheri congrats on the play sounds great and thanks for the link..

Deb we are all allowed to melt down, its our right...remember we don't mind vent away...PS...If i see one more underware add on TV I think I'll scream...the push up bra that will give you cleavage...NOT me...I can't wait to hang out with other women are proud of who they are, with or with out breasts...PINKSTOCK...no bra's for me...
    MB
  • SheriH
    edited February 2007
    I'm planning on going to pinkstock. My 15 year can't wait. We love to take a camping trip every year.

Maybe I can be the Grand Marshall in the parade with Vickie, the good witch.
  • Madison
    edited February 2007

Anne, Spears is from my neck of the woods.....again grrrrrr

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2007
    HEY Maybe we should have a bra burning fire at Pinkstock??? LOL

Deb C
  • SheriH
    edited February 2007

Count me in! I was wearing sports bras before my mastectomy just because. Now I wear a "mastectomy" bra when I have to look balanced. Other than that, none for me!

• Madison
    edited February 2007
    Deb, that would be one heck of a bon-fire...

I'm in....

Oh, MB do we need a bra burning permit?
  • ArmyNavyMom
    ArmyNavyMom Member Posts: 134
    edited February 2007
    Mine already went to Goodwill, but I'll go buy one back to burn!

Anne
  • Gus
    Gus Member Posts: 177
    edited February 2007
    Deb, it must have been meltdown weekend! I had a raging tantrum on Saturday because I wanted to find a cute shirt to wear out to dinner with my DH, but everything I tried on was so low-cut that I was either displaying all my scars or my ultra-sexy mastetcomy bra!

Sheri, To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my favorite books! How great that your performances are selling out!

Anne, I feel the same way about Britney! I saw a photo of her today walking around in a blond wig-- WTH???

The kids appear to have stopped their bickering for now. I told them that I'd be "doing some work" on the computer and not to yell out my name unless someone is bleeding or on fire!

Hugs,
    Sue
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited February 2007
    Deb, will have a ceremonial fire pit just for the bra burning...lol...I remember when my mom had a fit cuz i wouldn't wear a bra , now she understands why I still hate them...lol..
    Anne, you can borrow one, we should all have at least one to throw on...lol...boy will "crazy bob" love this story...
  • SheriH
    edited February 2007

This gathering is getting more interesting all the time. I can't wait!

• silvergirl9114
    silvergirl9114 Member Posts: 310
    edited February 2007
    I think burning my bras will make me cry. But that's today---who knows how I'll feel by August? Maybe just come get me out of the Queen of Egypt tent when it's over? I'll be in there with an appletini. Or two.

Sheri---that's great the play is such a success. The circle has a bona fideee star!

Deb---thanks, sister. You always know the right thing to say. That last pic of the chipmunk? I look like that anyway---nothing like gaining 12 POUNDS over the holidays when you were a permanant resident of pudge city to start with. Had been semi starving myself to keep the weight downish on the Arimidex and just got fed up with it around Thanksgiving (no pun intended). Should've just taken those Christmas cookies and glued them directly to my a$$. And now I'm on Femara, which is a bigger problem with the weight gain from what I understand.

Gotta do a grocery run while the temp is up to a whopping 12 degrees.

Deb---BTW---PM me your phone number. We replaced our home phones and your number was stored in the old ones. Also let me know when is a decent time to call---it's a five hour difference, right?

Jeannie
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2007

Why didn't anyone want to be the Wicked Witch?
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2007
    I ran into this guy on my way back from Oz. I think he rooms with those 2 guys who kept showing up on our cruise
  • Madison
    edited February 2007
    Jan,

Oh no, I'm hiding behind the chair again....the wicked witch...

I'll get you my pretty, and you little dog too!!!!

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness....
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited February 2007
    Madison...come out from behind the chair...I've got a bucket of "water" for that witch. I'd be more worried about what looks like Cheri's new umm..."boyfriend" that Jan found hiding. If he's around I'm pretty sure the other two aren't too far behind!

I have no boobs and a dresser drawer full of my old bra's...can I burn them...I truly don't know...geez. I too hate the Victoria's Secret" catalogs and televisions commercials...all the women on television showing their cleavage etc. Really gets me sometimes. Oh well..I'm still here!

That pretty green square was made by socallisa! There are squares from all over in it...I will make a list of all the contributors before I send it which I thought would be today but....duh...no mail today! Somebody slap me...chemo brain sucks.
    Cheri...get out here and help Madison and get rid of this new guy we have running around!
    Love
    Vickie
  • Madison
    edited February 2007
    Vickie, you truly have a bucket of water for that witch…okay, I’ll quit typing from behind my chair….

Not only do I need to go back to the Emerald City for a brain, but I also need courage….

Madison
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited February 2007
    Good morning girls. Once again we have a weather shift. Blue skies today. My head is never gonna stop pounding. My daughter reminded me last night as I was whining about it that I have had a headache for most her life. She said "mom you've had a headache all of my life. when are you going to stop whining about it? Grrrrr hate it when shes right. Today is the day to start digging out the basement. Got inspired to see what other unfinished project I have buried down there. Need to borrow a truck from someone to make a few dump runs.

Denise, user friendly it is. I made another hat this morning. This one will fit one of my grand daughters. Gonna make matching hats for all my girls. Vicki was right. The bumpy thread is easy to use on it. I am having to much fun with this thing. Think I'll try a scarf with the "hairy" yarn next.

Susan, your gonna make posters for Pinkstock? how cool is that.

Vicki, what size do you wear. I have a Glenda dress. It's about 20 years old. I used to call it my hooker prom dress.
    The afghan is GORGEOUS. Excellent job everyone. I can't wait till I have enough squares to send. Gonna take heaps of thread to the hospital. Since I won't be sleeping that night I will hook away.

jeannie, take care of your hand. crocheting will wait.

Ginney, I hear you on the scars. I'm getting four new ones next week. I say we all measure our scars and make a banner the length of the total.
    PS, yesterday I named you Robin and had to edit. This morning you are susan. Geez. Why do I have so many issues with your name.

CY, 5'9", wow....I dream of 5'3". Figure that would make me tall enough to reach the second shelf in the cupboards without a stool.
    As a matter of fact, my new kitchen does not have upper cabinets cause I didn't want to have to reach for anything. How lazy is that?

Shel, AMEN!!

karen, I warned you. It was an excellent book tho. Haven't seen the movie. Wally world had Little Women in their bargain bin yesterday. Spent some time boo hooing over that yesterday.
    A friday bra is a comfy all cotton no wire bra.
    Actually a brand that makes them.....if I remember correctly from my dept store days it was Warner.

NS, so good to see you. Denial Land is a lovely place. I spend a lot of time there.

Sue give it a try. I think I mastered the single crochet thing. Not having such an easy time with the double tho. Think I'll stick to the basic for a bit.

Shel, your going to London? As in England?

Cheri, there is no way in hell my flat ass, chicken legs, and knobby knees should depress anyone.
    Glad you changed your mind my friend. I was afraid I was gonna have to ride in the posse. Haven't been on a horse in 20 years. Now that would have been a sight.

Deb, thanks for the lullabye. It worked miracles. Didn't even wake up to pee.
    victoria secret models are air brushed.

Anne, Britney Spears shaved her head? She is such a moron.

Socal, how pretty. Did I tell you my son might not be staying in South Carolina and has requested San Diego as his home port. How cool would that be?

Amy, I'm with your mom on the holey clothes. Tho I must admit my favorite pair of jeans are ripped out in the knees. But it took years to get them to that point of comfort. I saw a little girl at the grocery store yesterday. Couldn't have been more than 8 or 9. She had on a pair of jeans that were shredded on the butt with pink lace covering it. All I could think is what kind of mom would let her little girl wear something that would make people look at her butt??? Am I that much of a prude? I didn't think so but that sight annoyed the heck out of me.
    I only have one square done so far. But look out cause I'm on a roll. Can't do much else but sit around these days cause this darn pain in my side is getting worse by the moment. I'm starting to look forward to surgery.

Shokk, Congrats to your daughter. Proud mommy moment indeed.

Madison, the bumpy stuff made a nice hat on the nifty knitter.
    I am a spelling neurotic. I have a husband and 3 kids that can't spell worth beans. Drives me crazy. I think it's genetic. Grammer is another story.

aaaaaaaaaaa, that scared me. That is just wrong. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

off to the basement for me. See you all later if the bats don't eat me.
  • tflowers
    tflowers Member Posts: 232
    edited February 2007
    Hey girls, I'm out working snow/ice for 4 days and you're all playing....

We were the 1st people in our neighborhood with a color tv. My parents won it at the church raffle. All the kids on the street would come and watch the scene when it would turn to color.
    The kids on our street also did a play in our garage with chairs setup in the driveway.
    My brothers were the tin man, scarecrow and a flying monkey.
    Neighbors kids were all of the other players. It was so cute.

Can I be the rider of the horse of a different color and have Mazer be my pretend horse?? He would love to be a horse for a day!! Reminds me of Eddie Murphy in Shriek II.

I have my appt for the MRI and bone scans. It will be next Tuesday. I'm taking a muscle relaxint to stop jumping around for the tests. I can't sit still.

Vickie, I know all about the "tin man syndrome" My hands and knees are always in pain. Taking tylonel 3's to help some.

NS, offer still holds if needed.
    Mena, where are you??

Girls, I would like to add another sister to the circle?
    My oldest son went to prep school and his dorm mother now is finishing up radation. Her name is Laura. Again another way too young (30's)

lova you all.xoxoxo
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Feelin safer Madison? I don't think we are in Oz anymore. I think we are all in NS's denial land. Great place to be!

Shirley...a hooker prom dress!! Oh now that sounds like fun...I wear a size 4...hope to get to a 6 and I'm thinkin we must be twins as I have the ass, chicken legs, and knobby knees too!!
    Supposed to be working here...hee hee...
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Tgirl...where have you been...you've been missed. We will add Laura to the center of our circle of love. What a sad thing. When does it end?
    Don't be a stranger...we have a pretty good posse around here to round people up that we haven't seen.
    Hugs
    Vickie
  • tflowers
    tflowers Member Posts: 232
    edited February 2007
    Crazy doing snow/ice for my company. I'm just glad I don't live near Deb!! Plus I only jump on at work now, home puter is just toast...need more snow $$ to buy new one.

I'm really pushing my dh to go to NY in August, what a blast we'll all have.xoxo
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited February 2007
    Deb-i read the book, And the Victoria Secret catalogs keep on coming. I couldnt resist with a name like that. I was diagnosed in 04 and with it all sinking in, what do I get in the mail,,,yep you guessed it along with a swimsuit catalog from Venus. Two whammies in the same day and there I was with thoughts of death and dying. I'm like you, most days I can laugh about it but there are days when I could just scream standing at the mailbox.

Hope you all had a great time at Emerald City this past weekend but those uhhhhhh,,yeah those things,,,well they just out right scared the bee jibbies out of me.

Anybody saw Peggy-Sige lately-If she was here I must have missed her.

Amy
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited February 2007
    Hi,
    they moved my PET scan up to tomorrow! I have the PET, the abdominal CT, Pelvic CT and Chest CT scheduled. And then on Wednesday i have the brain MRI and the Bone scan.

I can't tell you how much I am diggin 2007!

About my bras, three years ago when I moved, the moving men "lost" the box that had all my lingerie and bras and nightgowns in it... I am sure they were wearing my underwear on their heads in the truck. So I went out and spent a ton of money at dear old Vicky's Secret. Now I have to burn it all?? Maybe we should make an afghan with bra cups???

Jeannie, good luck with your test. have you ever had an MRI guided biopsy? I have. They put you in and take a quick view and then slide you out and set up a grid that lies under you made up of plastic squares. THen they put you back in and mark where on the grid your suspicious area is. Then they use a vacuum assisted device that sucks out the whole area in like a worm-like shape. They put a marker in, slide you back in to make sure they got it and then you are done.
    It doesn't really hurt- it is more of feeling like you are in an autobody shop and you are the car!
    I pray all goes well for you.

I am off to look for sports bras that button down the front... last time I was dx'd I wound up making my own!
  • joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited February 2007
    Hi Girls,
    Just checking in..we are chuging along here in the medic tent. I am trying to talk hubby into the NY get together.It does sound like fun but don't know if he would go. love the afgan...maybe I should buy the knifty knitter thing as I have no clue how to even sew.
    Take Care,
    Joyce
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited February 2007
    Hi believe it or not I made that square..
    I used the Red Hart Multicolor..that one
    was neat because you never knew quite what pattern
    would emerge!!!