Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• Sandra1957
    Sandra1957 Member Posts: 1,064
    edited February 2007
    Hello Everyone!! It's been awhile. Life has been busy. Good busy!!

Just wanted to stop by and tell you that you all are always in my heart and prayers.

Deb - "Soulful, Inspirational, Powerful, and WOW!" These words not only describe your surprise, but YOU!!

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, DAMMIT!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart and soul!!

lini
  • tflowers
    tflowers Member Posts: 232
    edited February 2007
    Morning girls. Had my tests yesterday. Bone scan in am and then breast MRI in pm. I don't know about anyone else, but I totally HATE the MRI. Came home with a migraine and was in bed the rest of day. May get news on Monday/Tuesday. Pray for negative results.

Deb...I don't know if you got my pm, but I so needed what you sent. I got it on Monday and promptely put the --- in my car so everyone will see and ask me.

My hubby is getting excited about camping at Pinkstock. He think he's Jerimaha Johnson(sp) I just hope he shaves before we leave. xoxo

Vickie...was it you with the german shepard?? Should have had him arrested and put away for good. What an a**hole...again can't swear Lent.but...

I must have overlooked the whole bra thing? Please explain for us chemo brain leftovers.

Deb...on the pain meds, we agreed on darvicet and it seems to be working better with no fuzziness in my head. I just need to move more to keep my joints loosened.

Kristen...you go girl, you see the finish line in site. Just think, it has to end soon and then don't look back.xoxo
    When I saw you, you looked great with all of that energy dancing. You'll be fine.

This site is crazy. I can't even go back to read the dozens of posts to catch up.

love to all.xoxoxo

ps mena are you???
  • shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited February 2007

NS you are truly amazing.......pleazzzzzzzzz don't leave us triple negs... I really don't want to share you but you know what girl oh my god you beat triple neg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I know how disappointed you were when the new tumors showed up and how good care you took of yourself with the low fat diet and flax seeds but omg you beat triple neg!!!!!!!!!!!!!Look at you go!!!!!!I know that your treatment ahead is going to be difficult and I know losing your breasts is going to be really hard but you know what NS at least now you can have long term therapy with hormone treatment, etc................Congrats NS you really continue to be an inspiration for all of us.....just remember where you came from (triple negative)and I guess I am going to have to put on my big girl panties and share you with the er/pr+ gals................

• jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    NS, that does sound a little strange. But I guess the good news is that you can take the post treatment hormone blockers to beat this cancer too. So, I guess you'll be takin names and kickin butt well into your 80's and 90's!
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited February 2007
    ok been busy this morning getting ready for the magic carpet ride. I got up early and found us some safety suits because I heard Cheri was driving.

Hopefully that will keep us safe. Poor Susan is on pain meds so we have to take care of her. Oh and it looks like Theresa is also so we got to keep a close eye on her also. We have lots of places to go and Mazer is all excited. She was sounding off first thing this morning to make sure I was awake.

Vickie-if my ex shot my dog i think I would have to shoot him. Can you claim insanity for that?

Ok I wont say it loudly but its going to be 78 degrees today. I hate summer! Oops, I might have gotten a little loud with that but I just couldnt help it. Gotta love Alabama though because I did hear possible tornados tomorrow and then will be 28 degrees on Sunday so go figure. You wont hear me complain about being cold though.

Shirley-my nephew is at Virginia Beach with his navy wife. Is that the part of Virginia where your son is going? My other nephew is an Air Force guy and he is in Pensacola, Fl.

nicki-glad you laughed at my dog condo. When it is finished I will post some pictures. Well maybe not completely finished because some things never are totally done.

vickie-sorry you are still sick. Maybe it will pass soon.

It looks like there is alot of sickness running about. I had my share in Dec and jan so hopefully I have done my time.

ok going to run get some work done but will be back.

Amy
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited February 2007
    My new look! i am determined to have some fun today regardless!

• jasmine
    edited May 2008

Wow, you look just like the photobucket logo! Just teasin ya.

• newvickie
    edited February 2007

go ahead and tease...need a laugh and I do look startlingly like that picture today...green around the gills and the hairdo matches almost perfect...if only they'd let me wear my slippers to work LOL.

• Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited February 2007
    Hi ladies,
    Just a quick post for now. I have to see my PS's PA for an evaluation, since my insurance has changed since my previous surgeries. How stupid. I have better things to do today. I got my Pilates DVDs yesterday. I TRIED to do one today. What have I gotten myself into?? My stomach is still upset. I will just have to keep at it until I get it! I also have a headache from not eating any carbs . I hate dieting, but I really have to get my butt in gear.
    I've got to get ready to see my PA, so I'm going to sign off for now. I'll check in later when I hae more time to catch up!
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008

Vickie, since you are a bookkeeper it seems like you could telecommute some. Have you considered that? Plus, I bet your coworkers would prefer you work at home if you are contagious and you would be much more comfortable.

• jpann39
    jpann39 Member Posts: 92
    edited February 2007
    Vickie,
    Dont forget the jammies!!!!! I would love to just show up here one day in my jammies and slippers....thing is, my boss knows me too well, he would just shake his head and grin....
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    heehee...if I showed up in my jammies my boss would just shake his head too...he knows me too well!!!
    Alwayshope...we are working on getting a pc anywhere type connection so that I can work from home. We are running our computers through the college so we have to have firewalls removed and all kinds of ok's ahead of time.
    I'm not allowing anyone in my office and no one is to touch my phone! They have been warned LOL!
  • shokk
    edited February 2007

Vickie is that the same boss that said to you.......you look like a boy or I thought that was a boy sitting in your chair or something like that???????? after your bi/lat I think you posted it on "the worse thing someone said to you" thread.....she also is a breast cancer surivoir........... not sure why I remember that I just thought that was so cruel.....sorry I know your not feeling well maybe someone can send over some really cute paramedics to give you some mouth to mouth...............

• jpann39
    jpann39 Member Posts: 92
    edited February 2007
    I VOLUNTEER to be sick if you promise they are really cute .....
  • shokk
    edited February 2007

Ahhhhh they are extremely cute......where's Cheri........or Susan..........they always find the right guys....they are our posting picture queens...........

• newvickie
    edited February 2007
    OH my...there is NO way anyone would dare give me mouth to mouth...they might get more than they bargain for...I cannot quit throwing up!!! ewwww...heehee.
    No...my boss is our Executive Director and he's great. He has been so very supportive. It was our Development Director and she no longer works here!
    I have a strange thing to ask...
    I have this weird (vein maybe)thing that runs from below the inside of my elbow all the way up my yarn. It looks like a line of yarn under the skin and is hard. Doesn't hurt, not swollen, not red...the nurse here said its probably a collapsed vein?!?! Is that normal...is it cording...I don't want to go to the doctors...geez.
    I will stop whining soon..promise!!!
    hugs and love to all
    Vickie
  • Sige
    Sige Member Posts: 334
    edited February 2007
    Quote:

...think i may have thrown up my toenails just before my last post here.

You're not supposed to chew your toenails girl!! Just kidding...sucks to be sick - I avoid urping at all costs. Hope you feel better soon!

Hugs
    Peggy
  • Gus
    Gus Member Posts: 177
    edited February 2007
    Deb,

I just got the package you sent! I love it, and you are the best!!! I'm crying and my little guy (who has a lot of trouble interpreting non-verbal cues) wants to know why I'm so sad. I told him that I found an amazing group of ladies who are there to listen when I need it and who make me laugh every day. He thinks it is "weird" that I'm crying about that.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart to all of you. My physical scars healed a while ago, but I'm finally feeling like the emotional scars are starting to heal too.

Hugs,
    Sue
  • Sige
    edited February 2007
    Okay, I have been trying for 20 minutes to change my avatar with no luck...I've deleted cookies...I've refreshed, logged out and logged back in. AARGH.

Prancing boy might be here for the long haul...

P
  • Sandra1957
    Sandra1957 Member Posts: 1,064
    edited February 2007
    I looked up "inspirational" on encarta. Was checking the spelling. I found that the fifth description of the word fit Ms. Alaska Deb perfectly, and that her new name should be the "Divine Ms. Deb". You are special!!

5. divine influence: divine guidance and influence on human beings
  • newvickie
    edited February 2007
    Lini...and just where the heck have you been!!! You better stick around missy or we'll send the posse after you! Missed ya friend!
    Peggy...hey guess what...you got rid of prancing boy!! good job...chewing my toenails...ewww LOL.
  • Sige
    edited February 2007

Soooo weird....I still see prancing boy...?

• purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited February 2007
    Afternoon ladies, I am printing about 4 gazillion maps so I thought I would chat inbetween....

lini...we missed you...glad your back...

Sige..."what prancing boy?" hmmm where? lolol...but Id do like the witch...purple moon is cool too...

Vicki so sorry your feeling sick I hope it passes soon...

JAn remember to start the exercisies slowly...lol..my DH is just getting back to it after his heart attack...whinned last nite I worked him too hard...lol...we did 25 jumping jacks..man he has a long way to go

AMY...I heard that...what want some of my 9' of snow bank...my son can't wait to see the dog condo...someone finally more bizzare than his mom...lol..

ok now I'll go back and read all the millions of posts...we sure can chat...lol..
    MB
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited February 2007
    Lini, I agree......Divine Ms. Deb

Peggy, I think your man likes it here with us women..that's why he won't leave his "spot"

Vickie, I am going to have to get on a plane to go there and take care of you if you don't start feeling better soon missy.....

Madison
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited February 2007
    I didn't get enough sleep last night. Who's fault is that you ask? It'd be my own. I get involved in things on here and before I realize it hours have passed. My name is Cheri and I'm a boardaholic.
    I didn't take any notes but I did read through, well I read whatever my poor old eyes could see. But I figure if I post often enough then I don't have 75 pages to read & take notes on.

Amy, aren't you just the funniest thing? Those suits are not only funny but very practical for the ride. I'll let you ride up front with me so you can feel the full benefits of those nose-dive dips. You'll like that. TeeHee

NS, you got some really great news! I'm er/pr+ so that means you can hang around with the average girls like me. No more triple negative. That should be a load off your mind. I think of you every day.

Vickie, you need to be in bed. Alone. You have to get well cos we got a big party at Debs this week-end and you & I are supposed to outrace the others and get there first. My dh left to go back on the road at 3 this morning so he'll be working this week-end so I'll have lots of time to play.

Thanks to all who asked about little Kevin. Amber came over with him & woke me up after just a few hours sleep. She needed to run some errands and didn't want to drag him in & out of this wind. He does have a deep cough but she picked up his rx and been giving him breathing treatments. He played around here and I could tell he was feeling better. The child let me kiss him good-bye. Yep, I'm breakin him down, winning him over, little by little. It's a very slow process. He calls me 'Gong'. Which I prefer over the 'Hey' he used to call me. lol He is so cute...but he's still meaner than a snake. The furnace man came & fixed their furnace so now they have heat.

Well this makes the 3rd time that I've deleted long paragraphs of babble. I think I'm just tired.

Hey to Nicki, Jan, Mena, Christine, CY, Deb, Susan, and so many that I've missed. Hope your day is well.

pals
    cheri
  • shokk
    edited February 2007

I think Cheri is two-timing us in chat...................

• shokk
    edited February 2007

Oh yea....I forgot about the sick gs Cheri........I knew you're award winning personality would get to him soon......

• jasmine
    edited May 2008
    Nah, she's just a multi-talented lady.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited February 2007
    I thought Vickie could use a real dr. so I brought her the best there is. Presenting the oh so sexy Dr. House, himself. Simply delicious. Of course she may never get well again with a dr like House.

• jasmine
    edited May 2008

I like that show. Did you see where they pulled that huge tapeworm out of the girl???? Freaky!