Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited March 2007

"The skinny girl squad"......(chuckling to myself).....let's see........who's skinny in the cg's......ohhhhhh could it be our own sweet Vickie.........just messing with you Vickie.....I know who Alwayshope is referring to..........hehehehehe........

• jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    Vickie is not included cause I don't see her going around the board posting on threads about having a hard time losing weight and judging us by saying we just need to stop eating and get off our lazy behinds.

That's as wrong to say that to an overweight person when you don't even know what their diet and activity level is like as to blame a skinny person for being underweight. We could say that the skinny girls are only skinny because they have anorexia or bulimia, both of which are behavioral/psychological issues so in essence, they wouldn't be so skinny if they would just eat like they are supposed to. So because Vickie is having issues with being underweight, should I automatically assume that its because she is doing it to herself.
  • RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited March 2007
    Shokk
    I have thought about the cortisol thing also.My weight is all over but mostly in my abdomen and without breasts i look about 8 months pregnant.I try to exercise but the chemo just has me ran down so bad.
    Maybe i could ask my onc about taking cortisol or some other suppliment.
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited March 2007
    Nope this skinny girl has all the sympathy in the world and offers no advice least of all critism. If it's as hard to lose as it is unfortunately to gain then I know just how you all feel.
    I know who Alwayshope was referring to! LOL.
    Worrying and fretting here....where is Cheri, Susan, Amy, Madison, oh...everyone!
    Love and hugs all
    Vickie
  • RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited March 2007

wish i were in the skinny girls club.

• jasmine
    edited May 2008

Robin, I used to be in the skinny girl club before chemo. That was just 3 years ago. I never would have believed I could ever look like this so quickly.

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited March 2007
    I know the 'skinny girl squad' would like us to believe that we are just lazy overeaters but its just not so.

awww now Jas thats just not the case. At least not from this skinny girl.
    Skinny girls don't have a clue how to lose weight. Why listen to a word they have to say?
  • joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited March 2007
    Well I know I am not on the skinny brigade!I am 48..menapausal because of chemo...constantly stressed(I gain when I am stressed) and I only have half a thyroid. Oh yeah..I am on Tamoxifan too...I am really screwed aren't I???I am thinking of NS..hope everything goes alright.

My PS personally called me today to see how I was doing. He is so sweet. He called me the energizer bunny! He couldn't believe the fight I gave them about staying overnight. I have seen enough hospitals to last me for a long time.I told him he was right,I am really hurting. He says I really did alot of work on you so I had to see how you were doing.It made me feel important that he cared enough to call.I told him percosets are my constant companion right now.
    Love to all,
    Joyce
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    Hey girls...are we forgetting something very important here!!!
    Skinny, tall, overweight, short, breast, no breasts, hair, no hair, scars and tattoos, rad burns etc.

WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
    We are all loved...BY EACH OTHER IF NO ONE ELSE!!!
    I love you all...no matter what.
    Hugs
    Vickie
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited March 2007
    Vickie,

Absolutely, positively CORRECT!! We are all beautiful!!!
    Hugs Madison
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008

Ah thanks Vickie. Sorry for venting and Sherl is right. Has anyone heard from NS? Does she have anyone that is going to actually be there with her today?

• Madison
    edited March 2007

I hope she has someone with her today...about 20 minutes to go....praying hard

• shokk
    edited March 2007

Alwayshope I know you didn't mean Vickie at all.....she has never really talked about her weight......except needing to gain some.....she is triple negative like me and since I have no hormone treatment after my chemo and radation (which I think hormone therpy has alot to do with having weight issues) and menopose my doctors look at me like we know you are sitting on your ass and eating chips at night...........ugh............................

• newvickie
    edited March 2007
    I think we are all on edge with worry today. I don't thing NS has anyone with her if I remember an earlier post. Stubborn women that she is!!
    Vent away ladies...we need some sort of stress relief...I've used up all my Xanex lollipops...Cheri...Madison...Deb...Nicki...someone come help us stressed out girls with some good meds.
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008

Does xanax really help with anxiety and worry? I think I need some but I'm afraid it would just give me yet another side effect to deal with.

• Madison
    edited March 2007

Shokk, I am in menopause (have been since age 47-naturally)...and am doing hormone therapy....I do agree that these 2 factors contribute to weight gain...

• jpann39
    jpann39 Member Posts: 92
    edited March 2007

please add my prayers for NS as well!!!!!!

• Madison
    edited March 2007
    Vickie, sometimes I think the best meds in the world can be found right here, with friends who understand the ups and downs of this darn bc.....you are NEVER ALONE and ARE LOVED.

Alwayshope, I have thought of asking for Xanex also....

Hugs, Madison
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    I love my Xanex...couldn't do without it. My anxiety levels have alway been high, ever since childhood. Started Xanex with my dx and now take Lexapro (one a day) and feel soooo much better. I don't have any side effects with the Xanex...might make you sleepy but it doesn't for me.
    Hugs
    Vickie
  • shokk
    edited March 2007

Gosh.......the waiting room sure is getting crowded.......who's taking role call..............where is DebC......oh yea she's on Alaskan time....she better hurry up............I glad Vickie's here passing out her xanax lollipop's......they better take care of our NS or there will be hell to pay out here in the waiting room...nothing like a whole group of bc surviors...we know how to take names and kick some ass......................................

• newvickie
    edited March 2007
    thanks Madison.
    It's funny that you said that as the past few days have been very lonely ones for me and this IS where I come. I can truly say that I care about everyone here and feel totally at "home" here. It's usually just the "lift" I need.
    Love
    Vickie
    Still ain't givin up my Xanex though LOL
  • Madison
    edited March 2007

Shokk, I am in a different time zone, but know it is just about TIME.

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited March 2007
    Good morning ladies....

I want a crown...because I am queen of the fat chicks! LOL
    I can't blame my treatment; I have been fat since I was a baby. I'm loosing some now to try get healthier, but I will never be skinny, and I am OK with that. Here is my weird and warped thoughts on weight….I think you need to love your body.

I don’t care what it looks like and how scared and fat it is, my body carries my soul through the world. I kinda need it to keep doing that, so I need to love and appreciate it. Touch your body with love…even the parts you don’t like…enjoy them, revel in them… I’m not talking about something sexual, but I AM talking about something sensual.

I am in NO way berating anyone or saying you should not be frustrated and angry at the changes in your body. It is so so hard to ignore what society tells us about our bodies, but here is a thought. Listen to what your body is telling you…If it is hungry feed it, if it is tight, stretch it, if it is lonely and unloved LOVE IT! You might find that your body is doing just fine, even if it doesn’t look like what Vogue magazine tells you it should.

All of you ladies mean SO much to me. I hate to see anyone sad about how they look. If you want to make healthy changes that is so awesome. I applaud all of us that are trying that. But right now, today, just the way you are YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL DAMN IT! Don’t let anyone take that away from you. Own it…it is yours.

Gentle hugs
    Climbing down off my soap box
    Love Ya
    Deb C
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    Hey ladies...I rounded up some Marines to keep those doctors in line...they will be in the O.R. with Mazer making sure that the docs take extra good care of our girl.
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited March 2007
    OK ladies, SCOOT OVER. This room is WAY crouded this morning. NS will be just fine. We are all here and we are a strong army of love.

I have a candle lit and I am sending prayers of healing and peace.

Hugs
    Deb C
  • shokk
    edited March 2007

DebC how can anyone person make other people feel so good about themselves......you have a true gift.....your husband and girls have got to be the luckiest family in the world...............

• jasmine
    edited May 2008

Wow, NS gets the Marine Corp Marching Band with her in the OR. Not fair!

• Madison
    edited March 2007

Oh, Deb, you are wonderful....

• newvickie
    edited March 2007
    Sittin in the corner sucking my thumb.
    Time to get up...come on ladies...lets go sit outside the O.R. doors...to heck with the waiting room, we gotta be REALLY CLOSE! shhh...follow me
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007

I'm waitin for Deb to adopt me!