Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008

How are we going to know how NS did if there isn't anyone with her to give someone a call? That really concerns me that she is alone through this. I mean 'physically' alone.

• shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited March 2007

I know that NS is very private but she must have someone there with her......mother, father, and or sister.........she must have someone "in case of emergency" to contact............

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited March 2007
    I'm not usually very public with my faith. Today I just feel the need to let you all see my heart. Today this is my prayer. Please feel free to join me.

Dear Lord-

Today we come to you as a group
    We come to you on our knees
    We come to you because you have promised us that any time 2 or more of us gather in your name, you will be there.
    Today we are gathered to ask you to be with us all
    To help us all to heal and be well
    To help us find the strength to love those that hurt us
    We are here especially to pray as one for our dear friend Gina
    Be with her today and give her your peace
    Give her doctors knowledge and patience to do a perfect job with her surgery
    Hold her close and give her body strength
    Help her to deal with all the chemicals and drugs the doctors use and not have any reactions to them
    Please dear Lord, take her pain from her and give her peace
    When she wakes from her surgery, help her to feel only the joy of knowing the cancer is gone.
    Help her to know that we are here for her and that you are always at her side.
    We ask this in your name
    Amen
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited March 2007

Alwayshope, do we know the name of the hospital where the surgery is taking place? I know with the HIPPA laws the hospital can't give out information...but we could call and check on her tomorrow.

• Madison
    edited March 2007

Yes, Deb, whenever 2 or more are gathered...he IS THERE

• jasmine
    edited May 2008

No, Madison, I sure don't. I just can't believe she is doing this totally alone.

• jpann39
    jpann39 Member Posts: 92
    edited March 2007

There must be away to check on her......does anyone here know more details about her?? I dont have time to read back through her posts, but Im sure if we look hard enough we could find something that will give it away so that we can check on her....

• ArmyNavyMom
    ArmyNavyMom Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2007
    DebC - you always seem to have just the right words at the right time. I was playing my iPod driving home from a meeting last week and was feeling Fat. What came up as it randomly shuffled songs? "I'm Beautiful" sent to me by one of the most Beautiful ladies I know. I cranked the volume and sang along. Thank-you, Deb.

That being said, it sure is frustrating when you don't eat (my tummy doesn't love me lately) and the scale goes up every morning. I saw my surgeon this morning (routine follow-up) and was griping to him a little about the weight gain. He just grinned, grabbed his roll of belly fat, and announced he was still working on his New Year's Resolution... from 2002. Gotta love the man.

For me, part of the problem is there is nothing to interrupt my vision between the chin and the belly. I don't weigh more now than I did a year ago (though I've been down and back up in the meantime), it just is more obvious.

I think it would be nice if prayers burned more calories than they do. I would have lost a pound today just with my prayers for G. I do sort of understand her attitude about taking care of herself. I'm much the same way. One of the most difficult things for me has been accepting a ride from one of my friends after chemo each week. I hate the feeling of being "beholdin'" to anyone. Definitely want to be the care-giver, not the care-receiver.

Having said that, I'm heading over to NS's house. Gonna make sure all the housework is caught up, the pillows are properly fluffed, and a nice cup of tea is waiting for her.

I hate waiting to hear...

Anne
  • joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited March 2007
    Deb-Amen!!!

I am praying hard and thinking positive thoughts
    Vicky-I have Lexapro and percosets so throw them in. We will get through this because we have each other.

Joyce
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited March 2007
    checking in here as it is getting close to surgery time. I have a candle lit and my NS button. I think you are correct in saying she has nobody with her because she is didnt want anybody with her. She is a bit stubborn ya know?!? which I totally understand. My SO stayed with me but I didnt want anybody else there. Had to practically run my mother and sister away but I didnt want them there. I felt best with my SO and she could handle anything that needed to be handled so there.

ok quick check in as I am busy today.

Amy
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited March 2007
    Anne-

Don't you just love it when a song happens at the right moment? Something like that can make my whole day.

I so understand what you say about nothing interrupting you line of sight when you look down at your body. Sometimes it still surprises me when I get out of the shower. It doesn’t shock me any more to not have breasts, but sometimes for half a second I forget and it takes me a second to catch up…oh yeah, I don’t have boobs anymore. One nice thing for me…for years I had a rash under my boobs and on top of my belly…that is all gone now and the top of my belly is smooth and rash free.

A funny for you…when I was bald I got up one day and after my shower I just threw on a tank top and sweat pant and went down to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee. I caught a glance of myself in the mirror and I was the spitting image of my great uncle Bud! The big round belly, bald head and ears sticking out on the sides, double chin…I laughed SO hard! Thank God my hair is back! Uncle Bud was a good guy, but not the person I would most like to resemble! Tooooo funny.

How fervent do you think our prayers would have to be to be aerobic?? LOL

Put a mint on G’s pillow from me

Deb C
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited March 2007

Amen Deb. So glad you wrote that.

• lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited March 2007
    Hi girls, Gina's dad was to be with her today. She has my cell phone number and said she'd have him call. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Hugs
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited March 2007
    Thank you Liz. Glad to know he is with her.

Deb C
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited March 2007

Ok, where is Cheri? thanks Liz.

• jasmine
    edited May 2008

Was Cheri going to get her lump checked out?

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited March 2007

AMEN

• Sige
    Sige Member Posts: 334
    edited March 2007
    (((((((DEB))))))))

I received my package!!! This girl rocked out to the Divine Miss M all the way to work this morning! And Natasha Beddingfield...one of my favorite songs!

You are the bomb girlfriend...thank you so much! You always know just what to do/say....!

Hugs
    Peggy
  • sherloc
    edited March 2007
    Ladies, I think NS said she had given her dad some phone #s to call when all was done.
    She should be just going under if all went as planned this morning.
  • sherloc
    edited March 2007

oops didn't see your post liz.

• AlaskaDeb
    edited March 2007
    Peggy -

Glad it got there. I was beginning to wonder if the Canadian mail cops didn't like me for some reason

I LOVE your new avitar...beautiful. I just love Unwritten...it is one of my "go to" songs when I need a lift.

Hugs
    Deb C
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited March 2007
    Thanks Deb...
    Ok...she would be in surgery by now...
    We are sneaking in the OR...shhhh...quiet now. We are all around the room...everyone is holding hands. All together we will say Deb's prayer. Whisper, she will hear us. She will be feel us and she will be safe.
    Whispering...we love you Gina...we are here.
    Amy...Mazer is in the chocolate fountain!
    Cheri...waiting to hear your news too...we are with you and know that the news will be good.
    Love and hugs to all
    Vickie
    (came home early as school was cancelled on my way to work...to all in the northeast...be careful out there...it's bad!)
  • AlaskaDeb
    edited March 2007
    Sending prayers, white healing light, good vibes, happy JuJu and only good things out into the world today.

Tell Mazer to scoot over...I need some chocolate too!!!

Hugs
    Deb C
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2007
    Good morning girls. I didn't post last night cos my dd and her family were here for dinner and my dh insisted I go to bed early to try & switch my days & nights back around. But he's only here a couple of days a week so I figure I can humor him that long. lol

NS, praying you thru the this.

Amy, glad your first day on the job went well. It's nice having a job close to home.

Shirley, hoping you're feeling up to having all of us party at your house this week-end. Some of those girls get out of line with their drinking and they get to be quite alot for me to handle on my own. I'm not much of a drinker myself, ya know.

Holly, so glad your hives are better. Hang in there with your treatment, you're doing well.

Margaret, glad you drove this morning. It was fun you picking me up first so I could show you the ropes on making those cool loops. You did drive staight though, after the other girls joined us.

Vickie, your temps. sound awful. Bundle up and keep warm.

Susan thanke for the info on a lump. Coongrats on your onc appt!

Joyce, glad you're feeling better and Kevin is back to school.

Carrie & Jeanette it's good to see you both posting.

CY, cute pic of your GD. It's nice chatting with you also.

Hey to Jan, Ishop, Karen, Judy, Jazmanian, Betty, Denise, Ginney, Theresa, MB, Shokk, Boo, Colleen, Gus and anyone I've missed, hope you all ae having a good day.

I still have my lump. I didn't touch it all Sunday I waited til up Monday and it hadn't gone down any so I called my onc's office. They want me to come in so he can look at it. Dang it. I have an appt tomorrow afternoon at 3:30. I don't have to walk all over the place though, just into the onc 's office so that won't be bad. I think Susan's going to meet me there. My dd wanted to go with me but the appt time isn't workable for her to be home when the boys get home from school. I'm not worry about it unless he tells me I need a biopsy and I really hate those things! Maybe it's a denial thing but I don't think it's going to be anything but a little cyst. I guess I just can't picture myself going thru it all again...so soon. I just finished the last of my rads the very beginning of last Oct. Better to get it checked out though.

Susan just called me to see why I hadn't posted yet. Wasn't that sweet? She's a good one.

Waiting on someone to post about NS this evening and let us know she's alright, I expect her to do very well but can't get her off my mind today. All of you are susch good friends. I've been working on this post for an hr. had too many interruptions, so I'm sure there'll be other posts since I started mine.

pals
    cheri
  • Madison
    edited March 2007
    Cheri, yep it is gonna be a little cyst. Glad you made an appointment

I took a late lunch break and am working on Denise's squares for the afghan....

Vickie, glad you are home safe...stay warm. You know Mazer is at the chocolate fountain...Amy...Mazer won't share!

NS, thinking about you!
  • BRSTN
    BRSTN Member Posts: 165
    edited March 2007
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pop on for a minute here at work. DH just called and we don't have internet to our laptops, so I can't get on tonight or until after Friday from home. Comcast will be coming out then with a new router. I'll be checking in frequently from work.

Deb, your prayer was wonderful. Just right. I've been praying all day for Gina. Yep the room is crowded, but we just keep squeezing in.

I've also been listening to my CG Power Songs. I moved them to my ipod and have them with me all the time.

I'll check back in a while (before 4:30) and will probably get to work early tomorrow. Oh my I'm a CG addict.

Nicki, guess this means I can't try to beat you up for the rest of the week.

Love you all.

Betty
  • sherloc
    edited March 2007
    Nicki Distorted Humor is pouting cause he can't fit in the fountain. Can I give him a cinnamon roll?

My feet are rocking to our CD. Body doesn't rock to well these days so feet will have to do.
  • dash
    dash Member Posts: 173
    edited March 2007

Cheri--I'm so glad you're getting in tomorrow to have that lunp checked out--praying for it to be nothing but a lil cyst! (((HUGS)))

• shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited March 2007

Hey where did everybody go????????????I snuck off to the cafeteria.....I tend to eat when I get nervous..........had grilled chicken breast (wanted chicken fried chicken with cream gravy)green beans (wanted mash potatoes with cream gravey) and pinto beans (wanted mac and cheese).........I wonder why its so hard to loose weight............Cheri you are in my prayers tonight.....don't let Susan get you into trouble or try to talk you into anything..................

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited March 2007
    I'm here...took a nap...heehee.
    Lookin for something to eat and I have leftover homemade mac and cheese in the fridge...come on over and we'll eat and sneak right back.
    Cheri gets to ride the magic carpet tomorrow! Are you driving or leaving the driving up to us? I might be able to "borrow" air force one to get you there!
    love and hug
    Vickie