Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited March 2007

Hello Everyone: Well I officially have comcast. Took them 5 hours to install everything. It sure is faster. Now I need to go read everyones posts from this morning.

Ok, I just looked and there are 4 pages since this mornging. OMG. Hope I can catch up with everyone.

MargaretB: Oh my lord. No self serve in New Jersey? I thought I got a deal today. Paid $2.47/gallon. And yes I was cold. As far as the diet. One day at a time. Here in Chicago we used to have Marshall Fields. They were known for their Frango Mints. Quite a treat. But Ive been good. But alas, Im drinking a glass of wine tonight so not as good as I want to be. And I didnt exercise when I came home cause the comcast guys were still here.

Holly: Im so glad you were able to take the Benadryl. That should take care of the hives. Im not happy when any of my doctors are on vacation or off. Its just not the same.

Joyce: Im glad to hear your feeling a little better. Dont like the numbness Kevin is feeling and hoping everything is ok there. Im glad he finially got to go back to school. Get his mind on others things will be so healthy.

Oh my goodness, you all were a talkative bunch today. I still have 2 more pages to read.

Robin: Exercise while on chemo? Oh my. I could never do that. Im just wondering if your getting Decadron with your chemo. That caused me to gain 30 pounds!! Love ya sweetie.

Jasmine: Wt loss is very complicated. And I want you to know that xanax is my best friend. When Im done here I need to find the skinny minny thread.

Vickie: Oh geez, Im so sorry. No stress relief today. I was at work driving about all day.

Joyce: Had to make you feel good that the PS called you. It only takes a little bit for us to feel like we are cared for.

DebC: Your so funny. Queen of the fat chicks? Well then I think Im the princess. Good prayer. And Im laughing at Uncle Bud.

Liz: Im relieved that NS dad has your cell phone number.

Pewggy!!!!! ahahahaha "There is a little witch in all of us." I get it - I really get it.

Cheri: Im so glad you are seeing the onc tomorrow about your lump. We were so worried about you. We are used to your posts and when your gone, we miss you and worry.

Betty: I jsut love comcast. And ahahahaha you might not have the first early morning post, but I still have Vickie to contend with. Oh me oh my.

Well I have tried to take notes. Useless. They are just useless. Cant read a dang thing I wrote.

OK first of all with NS. We are counting on the fact that her surgery started on time, which it probably didnt. I basically had the same surgery as NS and it was 5 hours then another 2 1/2 in recovery room. I didnt get to my room till 11pm and my surgery was supposed to start at 3pm, which it didnt. So everyone try and relax. As Im biting my nails.

Sherloc: Distorted Humor was quite upset he didnt fit into the fountain. He was more upset, I went into the surgery room and left him with all of you to manage. I sure do hope he behaved himself. And Mosquitos? You have Mosquitos? Geez, its too cold here for that.

Gus/Sue: hope your computer gets fixed really soon.

OK! Its getting late and I have to go. Sending love and hugs to everyone here. See ya in the morning

Nicki

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2007
    Carrie, thanks for posting and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Nicki.

pals
    cheri
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited March 2007

Just waiting to here how NS is doing.

Love you all very much. Take a xanax!!

Nicki
  • Lynn48
    Lynn48 Member Posts: 69
    edited March 2007
    Hi Everyone,

Have been praying for NS all day AND, God bless you Deb, I got my package yesterday so have the pin on my knitting bag! They are awesome. Thanks so much.

Here is one of my favourite songs. I hadn't listened to it for a while, but after listening to Deb's CD on my trip to pick up passports, I listened again. Here are the lyrics for "Circle of Friends" by Point of Grace:

We were made to love and be loved
    But the price this world demands will cost you far too much
    I spent so many years just trying to fit in
    Now I’ve found a place in this circle of friends
    In a circle of friends we have one father
    In a circle of friends we share this prayer
    That every orphaned soul will know
    And all will enter in
    To the shelter of this circle of friends
    If you weep, I will weep with you
    If you sing for joy the rest of us will lift our voices too
    But no matter what you feel inside there’s no need to pretend
    That’s the way it is in this circle of friends
    In a circle of friends
    We have one father
    In a circle of friends we share this prayer
    That we’ll gather together no matter how the highway bends
    I will not lose this circle of friends
    Among the nations, tribes and tongues we have sisters and brothers
    And when we meet in heaven we will recognize each other
    With joy so deep and love so sweet
    Oh well celebrate these friends
    And a life that never ends
    In a prayer
    That will not be long before
    All will enter in
    That it will not be long before
    All will enter in

Haven't finished reading everything yet. So will write again later.

Love and hugs to all, and make room at the chocolate fountain!

Lynn
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited March 2007

Lini, thats always been one of my favorite songs. Thanks

• k4katz
    k4katz Member Posts: 158
    edited March 2007
    Adding my thoughts and prayers for Gina!

*Hugs*
    Kristin
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited March 2007
    Hi Friends,
    I, like everyone else, keep waiting for word on Gina. I got home late and DH needs the computer. The nerve of him! I had to say hi to all first.
    I'm going to go back and skim over the past 4 pages..I did read Debs Prayer....As usual Deb, Put beautifully. I think we need to "clone" Deb and then we can each have her in our State!
    Deb, if you are the Queen of Fat, Can I be the Princess?
    Anne: If you are sending Butts to people, I want in on it.
    I don't want to receive, but I definitely will send 3/4 of my butt FIRST CLASS, OVERNIGHT, you name it.
    By the way: Do you not know how our "new Virgin", has been looking for a man? Geez, you are hoarding a Single Brother that can cook. VICKIE.............Go find Annes Brother.

I'm gonna read until I get bumped off by dh. Please post as soon as you hear from NS.
    God Bless to you all....surgeries, procedures, life..you are in my thoughts.
    Love and Hugs,
    Denise
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited March 2007
    Oh my gosh...I totally missed Annes bachelor cookin brother! Hmmmm...lets see...you all know all there is to know about me so just ship him this way! LOL...poor man doesn't know what he'd be in for.
    Nicki...quit chewin your nails...sending you a Xanex lollipop.
    Denise...oh the nerve of you DH...we are waiting for the best of news here.
    Gonna go crochet some more and check back later...won't sleep a wink anyways.
    Love ya all
    Vickie
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2007
    Just stopping in to check on NS.
    Hope everyone else is well.
    Went to PT yesterday and I do have trunkal LE UGGGHHHHHH.
    Was really hoping that this would be one thing I didn't have to deal with.
    Hugs to all
    Sue
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited March 2007
    Robin, when you don't eat enough your body goes into starvation mode and hangs onto EVERY calorie. Make sure you are eating enough. Not eating doesn't help you.

Sorry ladies, I just skimmed to see if we had any updates on NS. Wore my button all day. I'm on the list of people her dad is supposed to call so I'll post as soon as I hear anything. NS will be fine - how can she not with all of us hovering over her?

I'll be back later.

Margaret
  • CherylG
    CherylG Member Posts: 85
    edited March 2007
    Hi girls
    My computer crashed so I came to my friend's place to check on NS. Darn .... no news yet. I will have to wait until tomorrow now. I know she will be fine ... praying hard for her.

DEBC..... THANK YOU SO MUCH for the special surprise. Always in the right place saying the right thing at the right time ... luv ya!

Hugs and prayers to you all my sisters ... will try and get back tomorrow. Could someone please PM me when you hear something? It would make it quicker for me to check in if I sneak in at work

Nite all
    Hugs
    CherylG
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Well shoot. Thought somebody might've heard something by now. I know she'll be fine I was just in the neighborhood and thought I'd drop in. Ahem.

cheri
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007

Hoping for the same thing...it's off to bed for me. Will probably check in sometime in the middle of the night though.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited March 2007
    Hi CG's - I took wore my Nosurrender button at work today - the kids wanted to know what it meant. It fell off in the car due to seat belt - but i was able to find it:) I am putting the buttons with all my special "good Luck" charms that I have been given along the way on my journey. I carry them in a little bag in my purse where ever I go. They are always with me.
    I know Gina is doing just fine, but like everyone else waiting to hear it officially. I had the same surgery one year ago and it does take awhile including recovery. I'm glad that Gina's dad has some of the CG's phone numbers.
    Deb - you are an amazing person. You have such a way with words. I always look forward to reading what you have written. The people in your life are very lucky to have you. YOu are one special person.
    Anne - thanks for taking care of Gina's house.
    Cheri- glad Susan is going to the onc with you.
    Tracey - way to go on the exam
    Lynn - thanks for sharing the circle of friends song
    Sue - so sorry about the LE
    Joyce - how was Kevin's first day back at school
    Margaret - thanks for driving the magic carpet today - the waiting room was so crowded. Glad that Mazer and distorted humor behaved. I had to leave a little early as I had my pre-op visit with my plastic surgeorn this afternoon. I am so stressed!!!!!! I guess i have been stressing about stage 2 for quite some time now. I cry when I think about it. I feel like it is the only thing I have control over (my size) and I worry that it won't be right. I was a small size B before BC and I was happy with that size - thats what I want to be when I am done. PS had said no bigger than 350cc (and nurse at one time said 275 to 300). Today his nurse tells me that he ordered 4 different sizes of implants starting with 350cc and going up from there. I had a fit!!! So she redid the order form starting with 275 then 300, 325 and 350. I know that body shape and size inpact how the implant works and I know it intellectually (and DH gets it) but in my heart and I am so afraid I will be too big. I love my PS and know he will do good job, but why did he order the big implants if they are too big for the way I have been expanded and for what I want. I think it has been taken care of with the new order. I will call the nurse next week to double check. I know he will talk to me before surgery - but thats too late then. Had a glass of wine with dinner and ready to drink the rest of the bottle (but then I really won't sleep!!!). Thanks for letting me whine!!!! My friend who sent me the article on AI side effects suggested that I maybe see a rheumatologist as that many arthritis meds can help with pain management with the AI side effects. So I am going to call my PCP - lets see how many doctors does that add to my list?!!!
    Alwayshope, Gus, Lini, Nicki, Betty, Vickie, Bayyore, Madison, Amy, Shokk,and everyone else - hope you are all doing well.
    Karen in Denver
  • cmb35
    cmb35 Member Posts: 554
    edited March 2007
    Hi Girls

Yikes, can you say stomach bug? My son and I both had it, can't even remember when I last checked in here, was probably last Friday or Saturday.

Nicki - I'm worried about you, or about your husband. Don't want to pry, but I hope all is OK and that your birthday ended up better than it started.

NS - I'm also praying for you, and anxiously awaiting news.

Susan - You are so sweet, thanks for thinking of me and Warren. How is your knee doing?

Deb - Thanks again for the CD and buttons, I just love them!

Vickie - How are you doing? I cracked up about Nathanial mopping. My son was all over the Swiffer when I first got it. Lasted about 2 times...

Robin - So sorry about your husband. It's amazing how another human being can make us so miserable isn't it? Luckily we have lots and lots of human beings here that can make us happy - try to focus on us instead OK? I know it's hard, I'm the last one to be giving that advice, but know that we all love you and support you.

Let's see...well, I'm actually exhausted. Warren and I got out of bed for the first time today since Sunday night, and just going to the market and picking up an already cooked chicken for dinner exhausted us both. Wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about all of you... Will try to remember as many names off the top of my head right now - I'm sure I'll be pathetic as my memory isn't great when I'm not tired!!

Cheri, Tracey, Madison, Anne, Jeannie, Amy, Cheryl, LauraB, AMargaret, Denise, Sue, Kristin, Shirley, Lini, Mena, oh no I'm going blank, Carrie, Sue/Gus, ArmyNavyMom, Peggy, sorry girls my mind is mush... all circle girls - good night!
  • ArmyNavyMom
    ArmyNavyMom Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2007
    Just got home from a meeting at church and decided to see if we'd heard a report on Gina. Didn't really expect to, but was hoping none the less. Tomorrow I'm sure.

Good night to all!
    Anne
  • csp
    csp Member Posts: 119
    edited March 2007
    Hi Ladies,
    I just heard from G's Father . They were just now getting her in recovery and is doing good . The surgery went well and And the recon went very well.

Her Father said G is already trying to get them to release her in the mornning LOL!

hugs,
    Carrie
  • [Deleted User]
    edited March 2007
    Carrie, thanks a bunch for letting us know. Don't be a stranger.

pals
    cheri
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited March 2007
    Carrie, thanks sweetie for checking in and letting us know what's going on. I hope NS gets a good nights sleep. Glad her dad is there. hope you are doing well too. and deese.

xo
    susan
  • csp
    csp Member Posts: 119
    edited March 2007
    Cheri,
    hi! I just started a new job and I have been so busy and tired I read you all everytime I can log on . You are all always in my thoughts and prayers but this job cuts into my computer time big time !!

Hugs,
    Carrie
  • Sandra1957
    Sandra1957 Member Posts: 1,064
    edited March 2007

Thank God, everything went well for Gina!!!

• jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008

Ah, so glad to hear about G. Tracey, woohoo on your test. You go girl!

• Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited March 2007

Carrie, thank you for letting us know G is okay....

• MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited March 2007
    Carrie, thanks for the update. I'm glad her dad is there to help her. I can imagine she does want to go home. She is one strong woman.

Margaret
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    Thank you Carrie...and THANK GOD!!!! Oh so very relieved. It must have gone well if she's trying to go home!
    Love and hugs all around...I can sleep now.
    Vickie
  • TeddyJudy
    TeddyJudy Member Posts: 48
    edited March 2007
    Thank you Carrie for the update on Gina. I am so Happy she is doing well. Wow ~ begging to go home already, now that is a REAL good sign. Please tell her we all love her and are thinking about her.
    Hugs,
    Judy
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited March 2007

Praise the Lord. Thanks for the update Carrie.

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited March 2007

Carrie - thank you so much for the update on Gina. I knew it would go well, but it is so nice to have the confirmation. Please send her hugs from all the CGers. Karen in Denver

• b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited March 2007
    Wow I've been sneaking in all day at work Which I am not suppose to be doing, but just couldn't stay away.
    I'm sure Gina could feel all of us around her all day. I'm hoping she doesn't go home too soon. I know she hates being in the hospital, but she doen't plan on anyone being at home with her either. She is our little miss independent. Gina if you read back to this just know we want the best for you.

Well I ran all over town checking out work out centers I have one more to check out tomorrow, Man o live they are expensive! I'd say I'd have to sell my first born to do it but I couldn't sell her.

Bit tired so will make the rounds and may turn in early tonight
  • DragonladyTina
    DragonladyTina Member Posts: 58
    edited March 2007
    I got a nice package from Alaska today!! Thanks so much Deb for the buttons and the CD. I wore my NO SURRENDER button on my uniform today and blasted the CD on my way to work today!

Thanks so much Deb, it was a very kind and thoughtful thing to do.

NS hang in there girl!

Tina