Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited March 2007
    Cheri, I'm so glad you called the doc. Looks like the carpet is getting a workout this week.

No worries on the party. I'll watch your back, you watch mine. Just have to make sure no one gives the bears any blue drinks.
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited March 2007

Shirley...I hear the party is at your house? So nice to invite us but is it WARM there...freezing my scrawny a$$ off here!

• shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited March 2007

There goes Vickie again bragging about being part of "the skinney girl squad" oh wait........she just offer to share some mac and cheese with me.......never mind Vickie isn't bragging..........

• Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited March 2007

Bayyore, are you feeling better today?

• dash
    dash Member Posts: 173
    edited March 2007

Hi Madison, thanks for asking, yes the hives are much better. Still some itchy spots but no new areas. I'm pretty tired out and drinking a lot to flush my system out--just staying close to the bathroom and couch today.

• jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008

Okay, I've coined a new catch phrase I see....:)

• sherloc
    edited March 2007

Vicki, 70 degrees today. Windows open feeling the blessed breeze of spring. Might be a little chillier in Yosemite so bring a sweater. And bug spray. The mosquitos are killer.

• ArmyNavyMom
    ArmyNavyMom Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2007
    Freezing cold in Michigan, too. But I hear the snow is on the way. Oh Boy (not). COME ON SPRING!

I've been thinking about being here, but I feel so guilty if I don't get SOME work done. My thoughts (and prayers) have been in surgery today...

My turn for the chocolate fountain, and I'm taking a cinnamon roll with me!! Gonna stop and by the REALLY big pants on the way home. :-P

Cheri - good luck with your lump. If Murphy's Law applies, since you're gonna get it looked at, it will turn out to be nothing. But if that's the way to have our lumps be nothing let's all do it!

Gonna try to get some more work done, but I'll be back.

Anne
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    ooo Shirley...I can't wait. I used to own a diner so I'll bring all the food. Cheri is becoming a pretty good bartender so we'll let her pass out drinks (DON'T take the blues ones...mage me do strange things LOL).
    Holly...glad your feeling better today...rest and drink.
    Gonna go smack Shokk...little snot ate all my mac and cheese LOL. Looky here missy...bein a scrawny broad ain't much fun either LOL. I have noticed that I'm developing the belly...no boobs, no butt but I get a belly...where the h e double hockey sticks is the justice in THAT! ahh well...I am still here! Yippee and I am beautiful! So are you ... so are we all.
  • ArmyNavyMom
    edited March 2007
    Vicki - I can't send squares, because I can't find my yarn. (Gonna keep looking, I know it's in the basement somewhere.)However, I will send you my butt. Then you can try the no boobs, big butt, big belly thing... not much fairer than big belly, no butt. BTW - are you SURE it was Shokk that got the mac and cheese??? I've been craving the carbs like mad lately...

(Yeah, I know I said I was going to work. I'm a big fibber.)

Anne
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    OH...so it was Anne. Geez...sorry Shokk. Anne...hand over the mac and cheese! All I crave are carbs! Thanks for the butt...gotta have one feature that looks really good LOL.
    Gotta tell you girls...layed in bed last night and all I could do was think...
    Of NS and her surgery of course
    Of Tgirl and her chemo
    Of Bayyore and her hives
    Susan and her knee
    Cheri and her mysterious lump
    Shirley and her surgery
    Robin and her lily livered pi$$ poor excuse for a husband
    Amy and Mazer
    Madison and her yarn
    Nicki's early morning post
    Deb with all her sweet friends
    Joyce and Kevin (who I still have to send a care package too)
    Anne, Shokk, Alwayshope, Shel, Puppyfive, Carrie...oh my the list goes on and on. I truly layed there thinking of all of you for sooo long and was just simply marveling at the wonderful circle we have. The grand sisterhood we have created.
    What a blessing
    Love
    Vickie
  • shokk
    edited March 2007

Amen Vickie.......... someone needs to write and compose us a song.....Vickie just wrote the lyrics......I sure wish lizws would check in with us even if she hasn't heard anything............

• shokk
    edited March 2007

Anne you are sooo funny.........I bet not just anyone would be willing to send Vickie their butt..........that is so sweet................

• jpann39
    jpann39 Member Posts: 92
    edited March 2007
    Does anyone know how long they thought surgery would take???

This waiting is awful....
  • ArmyNavyMom
    edited March 2007
    Vickie - I have 2 comments:

1. Obviously, you haven't actually seen my butt. Just the cyber-butt, and cyber-bodies, like cyber-calories are fantasy!

2. Do you really want the mac and cheese back now?? I'll get my brother to make some more. He's a bachelor, so he's learned to be a pretty good cook over the years.

I do know what you mean about the circle and thinking. I find my commute is a good time to do my thinking (and some praying, too) and the Circle runs through my mind a lot. I have a nice gal a church who keeps inviting me to the Gilda's Club support group she attends. I've thought about it, and I think the reason I don't feel like I need to go, is all of you. I can come here and tell y'all just about anything, and I know that someone is going to pop back with complete understanding. And hugs. Can't forget all the hugs.

Wish I was better at compostion. I can play or sing our song, once it's done, but I stunk at composing and arranging in school.

Better pretend to work a little more.

Anne
  • Gus
    Gus Member Posts: 177
    edited March 2007
    Hi Girls,

My home computer is messed up, so I'm sneaking on for a minute at work to check in on Gina's surgery. I'm wearing my NS pin, and I'm praying!

Vickie, I'd be happy to send you my butt as well! I just need to find someone to take my thighs now!

Gotta go--one of my students is waiting to see me. If DH can fix the computer tonight, I'll be back later!

Love to all of you!!!
    Sue
  • dash
    edited March 2007

Vickie and Anne--you crazy ladies make me wonder whether to laugh with your silly butt sending talk or get teary eyed with your sweet circle talk of thoughts and hugs....geesh! I wind up snorting with tears...

• newvickie
    edited March 2007
    oh bayyore...you have no idea...we swing from one mood to the other like lightning around here...come to the cyber party thread this weekend if you really want a laugh.
    Ok...and I promise not to drink the blue drinks and go skiing naked again...geez.
    Hugs and love
    Vickie
  • dash
    edited March 2007

Heck....someone better drink the blue drinks so I have something to laugh over! LOL (((Hugs)))

• joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited March 2007
    It hurts to laugh but I am hugging my pillow and laughing away. You girls crack me up!
    Any NS news??
    Cheri- Thinking positive thoughts for you. Good luck to you tomorrow.

Kevin made it through the day today but he is wiped out. He's sleeping now.I'll check in later.

Joyce
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited March 2007
    Doing a quick check in here to see if we heard any word about NS. I hate waiting.

ok convinced Mazer to get out of the chocolate fountain and she lovingly gave in. All the looks that you ladies were giving Mazer made her feel guilty so she quietly got out and grabbed a cinnamon roll and is content for the time being. I cant promise how long that will last though.

ok gotta run but will be back. WE need an update.

Amy
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    Ok...you twisted my arm...I'll drink the blue drinks...I know that Cheri will too...speaking of Cheri...Where are you!
    Amy...I hate waiting too..as you can tell, I can't seem to stay away today.
    hugs to Kevin sending you a pm.
  • sherloc
    edited March 2007

waiting and pacing, waiting and pacing. somebody pass me a lollipop.

• jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008

Its been bout 4 1/2 hours now.

• snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited March 2007
    no word on ns yet??
    hmmm i am not a very patient waiter.....

well anyways i passed my mid term exam!!!!!!! whoo what a relief..... one thing down and one more test result to go.... thats on the 19th will find out whats going on down there....
    great day ladies!!!
    tracey
  • newvickie
    edited March 2007
    Way to go Tracey!!! I'm not a very patient waiter either.
    Handing out the Xanex lollipops.
  • Sandra1957
    Sandra1957 Member Posts: 1,064
    edited March 2007

It's too soon to hear anything. I was in the or and recovery for almost 5 1/2 hours and didn't even have expanders placed at the time. I'd be surprised if we hear anything before tomorrow. NO SURRENDER!!!!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2007
    She's gonna be fine, girls. Keep the faith. I don't know how long her surgery was supposed to take but I'm sure her dad will notify someone. It's all gonna be alright.

pals
    cheri
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2007
    Tracy, congrats on the test! I knew you could do it.

pals
    cheri
  • csp
    csp Member Posts: 119
    edited March 2007
    Hi Cg's ,
    I just wanted to let you know I have not heard anything yet. G's Dad who is with her today is suppose to call me.
    She said not to expect a call until maybe late she said
    awhile ago they had told her 8 hours so it is 6 here
    and NY and IF they started on time maybe we will hear
    some thing in the next couple of hours , I told G I would
    come let you all know ASAP! Love and hugs ~

Carrie