Support us when you check out at Walgreens! Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited March 2007

Robin, I'm SO glad you received an afgan. I hope it brings you many, many years of warmth and joy!

• purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited March 2007
    .....rubbing everyones shoulders...except Robins...and putting some lovely warm stones on her back...
    now breathe in and slowly out...
    relax.....relax..
    ok so now everyones relaxed...
    take care...must leave work to pickup delinquent sons GF for a ride to town...I must be crazy, but the mom thing never goes away...
    MB
  • tflowers
    tflowers Member Posts: 232
    edited March 2007
    Wow What a few days since I've been out. Good and bad.

1. Happy birthday to our circle girls this week.
    2. Carol welcome to our "little" home away from home.
    3. Robin, I know how you feel. When I had my last knee surgery, I had to be turned over to work on the other side. When I woke up I asked the dtr what happened because I felt like I was beat up in a fight. My ortho dtr said he filed a complaint with the medical board because the anist (gas dtr) yanked my head back and forth and twisted my neck to turn me around and they yelled at her to stop. It really hurt for a few weeks.
    4. Jan showing up on her bike to Pinkstock....how cool are you!! xoxo
    5. Sheri..I agree with Deb on the oil, sometimes the old remedies work.
    6. Gus, I think (no notes) that your son has autism? If so, I have 3 cousins from Mass and each has at least 1 child (one cousin has 2) with autism. Weird, my mother had 2 brothers and these cousins are their children. No problems with the female side hmmm But I have a niece and nephew with CP from the female side.
    7. My week has been crazy with ice and now getting nicer. Work is just crazy. I just keep looking foward to Pinkstock and counting the months (then days) until we all meet and do some more bonding. xoxo
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited March 2007
    Sue-Gus

Hugs
    Deb C
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited March 2007
    Robin, we love knowing that you are being hugged by the afghan made with love for you!!!
    Hugs, Madison
  • RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited March 2007
    Thank you madison.
    My daughter karen bought me a feather bed,feather pillows and a feather comforter from qvc,she got her one first and i slept on it one day and loved it so she got me one and I just love it.I told her the first night I slept on it that I actually felt like a pricess and now I have this lovely afghan to spread over me so i can feel the love all the way thru.I just dont know what to say,I have got the air turned do down low enough so I can cover up with the afghan now.Am going to take a nice nap with it as long as the AH is gone.
    You will recieve in tenfold what you have given.
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited March 2007
    Robin....just making you smile and happy is receiving ten fold what we have given! Wrap yourself in all that love and picture a brighter future with all your sisters here around you.
    Love
    Vickie
  • RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited March 2007

Thank you vickie.When I think of all you girls who care about me out there it does bring tears of joy to my eyes.I just wish we were closer by.

• PeanutsGirl
    PeanutsGirl Member Posts: 115
    edited March 2007
    (((Tracey)))--I had the same D&C proceedure that you've been scheduled for. The camera part is called a hysteroscopy. It just sounds worse than it really is. The camera helps the doc find the right places to bx. I ended up with hyperplasia with atipia, a precancerous uterine lining condition. I opted for a hysterectomy. The recovery isn't from the D&C too bad. No lifting and bedroom gymnastics for a couple of weeks. You'll need to heal and avoid infection. All in all it wasn't too bad. This all happened before bc. Actually the D&C was about 6 weeks before my cancer dx. My hormones or something were definately allowing bad cells to grow in my body at that time.

Laura
  • PeanutsGirl
    PeanutsGirl Member Posts: 115
    edited March 2007
    (((Robin))) so sorry about your shoulder. I think I need to get my knitting needles going with the afghan group. Just hearing how it makes you feel is enough to get me on it. Your words of gratitude made me smile.

Laura
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited March 2007

Good Afternoon Everyone: Well I came home from work early and have a little bit of time before I go to the Board of Directors meeting tonight.

My cold is hanging on, but no too bad. I really think this Zicam is working. Its been a rainy day here in Chicago, although right now as Im typing the sun came out. Go figure. Spring Showers bring May flowers.

Laura: Im so glad they finially got a diagnosis. Urinary tract infections are the #1 cause of change in mental status in the elderly. Once the antibiotic kicks in she should start feeling better. Hoping the kidney issues are just related to the dehydration.

Anne: Blue drinks give you hangovers lol. Im telling ya. This Zicam is pretty good stuff, either that or this is a mild cold.

Sue/Gus: I hope your having a nice Birthday. And that school better not give you trouble. I borrowed these for you.

Vickie: What in the world? They never called you? Thats just crazy. And what ashame you had to worry all night. Im glad everything is ok. Ive given my doctors my cell multiple times but they never use it. Makes me so angry. Last time my onc called my house, my husband got all scared. Thought something was wrong and it took me 10 minutes to reassure him everything was ok.

Puppyfive: Im telling ya, once you get into the routine your gonna like going to cardiac rehab.

Jan: The air pillow is supposed to prevent the water from totally freezing on the top. Mine deflated about 4 weeks ago. The weight of the frozen water made the water overflow when it got warmer. For about 2 days we thought the lining in our pool was torn. Lost all but about 1 1/2 feet of water! So it seems like we had the same experience with Taxotere. Everyone told me it would be so much easier, but it wasnt. It was much harder than A/C. I didnt get permanent nerve damage though. Got everything else!

Madison: Its such a tragic story. So very young.

Robin: First of all your new puppy sounds so cute. Im so jealous. Even though I have 1 dog and 2 cats, I would love to have another puppy or kitten. So my nurse buddy - what the heck? Did you have this done in outpatient surgery? Seems to me you should be looking at the anesthesiologist's neglect to get you sedated properly. Had he done his job the right way, you surgeon would not have had to forcably hold you down. Sounds like abuse to me! Sorry about the fracture. Thats a pretty painful spot. Hurts when you lay down or sit up. Hope you at least have pain meds. And why did they send you home without the immobilizer? They should have sent you to the ER right away! I think you have some real issues with that hospital, thats for sure.

Tracy: Deep breath. Wow, slow down a bit. First of all did they tell you why they want to do a D&C? Endometriosis or fibroids? Its not unusual to have uterine problems when you start going through menopause. Im hoping all is ok. If I were you I would make an appointment with your gyne and have him/her explain things to you. So why did you husband say he didnt come home? Did he forget? And then your looking at changing jobs too? Way too much stress my friend. Im ordering you to the spa tent!

Shokk: Im guilty! High blood pressure, high cholesterol here. I have started exercising but so far I still hate it!! But Im doing it. Your right about the fast food. High in sodium, high in the bad kind of fats. My husband does the cooking thank goodness. Im trying to eat more vegetables, salads, and lean meats. But I still havent lost any weight. Not 1 pound! So I have decided it has to be the wine Im drinking. Now I have cut that out except for the week-ends. The biggest step is starting to think about changing you eating habits and exercising. One day at a time kiddo.

Sheri: What an awful day you had. I get really upset when the techs say anything other than "Im not allowed to interpret tests, thats why we have a radiologist." Its so easy to read into their words and get scared. I know in the past, they would let me leave without taking more pictures - so Im guessing the "wet" read by the radiologist was AOK! Its really ashamed what has happened with health care. Everyone is too busy. Sometimes I wish the roles were reversed and I could have that one nurse wait for me to call her. So she could see how it feels. The last time I got upset with my PCP's nurse, I overhead paged him at the hospital. Got what I wanted right away. And he wasnt angry with me either.

It has sure been a rough day here in the circle. Im just sending lots of hugs to everyone.

• Biker54
    edited March 2007
    Nicki, I take it you're having a rainy day!

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited March 2007
    Do you ever have a day where you are just flat GRUMPY? That is me today. I have been having such weird dreams since I have been off Lexapro. Some of them are SO real they are freaking me out…bad JuJu…I don’t even want to think about it, but I am not getting enough sleep.

Spring is here and what do we have??? A snow storm I am tired of snow and cold and I need some spring time. Even my chickens are ready to get out of the coop and into the yard.

The kids are home for spring break so we decided to have a pajama-rama day…no showers or getting dressed, no housework, no healthy food (the kids had ice cream and watermelon for breakfast). So, hopefully a day of total indulgent laziness will get me in a better mood…if not I’m going to find a recipe for a blue drink!

I hope everyone who is having real problems is hanging in there. I promise to be back to my regularly scheduled good mood later….

Hugs
    Deb C
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited March 2007
    Well I still have one hour before I leave to go to this meeting tonight. Why oh why did I agree? 6:00pm is just way too late for me. My only salvation is my friend called and said they are gonna serve some SantaMargueita Pinot Grigo!! Now that sounds good. Wonder how well that mixes with Levaquin? Hee hee I dont care.

Jan: Today is truelly a Springtime Shower day. Just looked at my crocus sprouts and they are about 2 inches tall now. They will be blooming soon.

DebC: I was really grumpy when I tried to go off my antidepressant. I like myself alot more now that Im back on it. Figured heck - its hard coping with all this bc stuff.

Being grumpy is allowed

OK everyone - have a great evening. I will see ya all in the morning.

Nicki
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited March 2007
    After reading some posts and know how I'm feeling today, I think the best thing for me to do is to give all a great big(((((HUG))))!
    So many CG'S in pain both physically and emotionally. Let's all take a trip to the inner circle for 24 hours, that always helps!
    Love and Hugs to all,
    Denise
  • Madison
    edited March 2007

Denise, I agree....we all need to be in the inner circle...

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited March 2007
    A circle of love for us all to spend our night in with hopes of a better day tomorrow.

and a guardian angel to watch over us all till morning.

Love and hugs all around
    Vickie
  • Biker54
    edited March 2007
    Aaawwww, that's nice. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. The circle is a very good place to be

And Denise, a big old Circle Girl hug right back attcha!
  • Biker54
    edited March 2007
    Well, good night sweet Circle Sisters. I'm going to watch a little boob tube and then hit the sack.
    Night, night,
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited March 2007
    Happy Spring everyone...
    We have an iris farm close to us..

• susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited March 2007
    Here's some good news.

WE HAVE T-SHIRTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are for PINKSTOCK 07. The price ranges from 14.00-25.00 and shipping is $5.00

Pinkstock T-Shirts
  • christineK
    christineK Member Posts: 735
    edited March 2007
    susan - the shirts are awesome and you rock!! Thank YOU for your hard work. Hope youa re feeling better, getting ready to run wild at MB's 5 acres.
    I have been out of town and missed about 5pgs, gotta go back and read, love to all1
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited March 2007
    Evening girls, just popping in to let you know I'm thinking of you all. Extra Hugs to everyone and I put extra pillows and blankets in the inner circle.

Christine, Everyone, Anyone - HELP! What do I use on these curls with this wet/humid weather? Straightening it doesn't work in this weather.

Susan - great shirts girl! I'll never be able to make my choice of which I want though.

Will check in tomorrow.

Hugs
    liz
  • Madison
    edited March 2007
    Susan, just clicked on the website...I want one of each....

Just posted the new afghan on the other board.....

Tomorrow is my 33rd year wedding anniversary....oh my goodness, time flys!!!!!

Into the inner circle for some hugs...thanks for the angel Vickie....

• lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited March 2007

Happy Anniversary Madison!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited March 2007
    happy anniversary!

i'll be forty next friday, another, yet different 'milestone'!

back to my gigantic pot of spaghetti sauce lol!
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited March 2007
    Evening all,

It was a beautiful day here - yesterday it rained and cleared everything up. Madison, we don't have the humidity though. I still haven't read what happened but it obviously is very sad. Happy anniversary.

Colleen, glad Warren had a great day.

Vickie, told you it was nothing. Glad she clarified that though.

Robin, I'm sorry you have had a run of bad luck. Hoping that things take a turn for the better. How nice that you got an afghan.

Tracey, hope things have settled down on the home front.

Shokk, I've always said the upside of having had BC is that I "met" some great people that I may not otherwise have had the pleasure of meeting. As far as quick recipes, check out the Kraft Foods website - sign up for their magazine. They have some good recipes. I will check my cookbooks and see what I come up with.

Lisa, beautiful iris.

Night all, I'll catch up tomorrow.

Margaret
  • christineK
    christineK Member Posts: 735
    edited March 2007

Hey Madison- embrace the curls, don't fight them or you'll end up w/ a frizzy afro. I use curl activating conditioner, NO shampoo, ever! Then I add add a frizz taming serum, some curl enhancer and let it dry naturally or w/ a diffuser attachment on low and cool. Trying to eliminate the frizz. Since chemo, some of my curls are not as tight and I use a really small barrel curling iron to tighten them up. Good Luck, I was born a curly girl!

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited March 2007
    Susan the T-shirts are wonderful - thank you for doing this.
    Madison - happy 33rd anniversary - way to go!!!
    Shel - happy 40!!
    Wishing everyone feel good days. sending cyber hugs to everyone. The CG's are always in my thoughts.
    KAren in Denver
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2007
    Good evening ladies. I just never got around to my post yet today. I've been working on knitting and I stayed up much too late and haven't had much sleep. I'm going to bed early tonight tho. Course I say that every night. What a blah day. Too tired for one thing and it was dreary out.

Liz, thank you so much for sending me the crocheting CD. That was sweet of you. I got it today and I plan to learn those turn arounds tomorrow. Too bleary-eyed today. I'll let you know how I do with it.

CY, sorry to hear you had food poisoning. How awful. Hope you're much better now.

Madison, my condolences to your daughter and your family. But I wanted to wish you a Happy 33rd Wedding Anniversary.

Robin, you sure do have your share of bad stuff. I cannot believe they even let you know the dr. broke your shoulder! I wouldn't let dh have one red cent if you get the settlement you desrerve. So sorry you're in more pain.

Tracey, make your dh sober up. That would probably help alot. You just tell him you have some medical procedures coming up and you need him to be coherent. I am really sorry you're going thru a hard time right now.

Shokk, glad to see you posting again.

Lisa, hear your famous. I haven't had a chance to read the website yet. I have dial-up and it takes so long to load anything.

Sheri, hoping your MRI results are fine, which I feel like they will be.

Christine, glad to have you back. Denial par-tay fri. night.

NS, I am praying that you're doing better each day with less pain.

Mena, hope things are better with you.

Well Vickie and Janny, my friends, do you all think we can keep our noses clean until at least the week-end? How come being bad is so much more fun than being good? We do have a tendency to push the envelope. lol I think I'm hangin with a rough crowd.

Hey to Nicki, Puppy, LIni, Ishop, Anne, MB, Theresa, Laura, Denise, Deese, Carrie, Brenda, Shel, Margaret, Michele, Karen, Jeannie, Holly, Ginney, Carol, and anybody else I may have missed. Hope all your tomorrow is a better than average day.

pals
    cheri