Support us when you check out at Walgreens Learn more here: Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited April 2007
    oops hit the wrong button.

Good morning Liz.

Jan, I was more annoyed than scared. If stupid doc had been in town I could have just gone there and not wasted my day. But the good news is 2 surgeries, 1 ER visit, and several scans since january I'm sure I've reached my out of pocket expenses for the year. So everything from here on out is a free ride. Right?

Jeannie, a study? that makes sense. I have a friend that takes Actonel. She reports no issues. I have my next DEXA on monday. Then it's gonna be time for the onc and the endo to put on their boxing gloves and fight it out. Endo, is all for the standard until she figures why I have old bones. She has ordered every test under the sun and still can't figure it out. Onc thinks we should go in with the big guns before the bones get any older. Tho the aredia scares the crap out of me I kind of agree with him.
  • PeanutsGirl
    PeanutsGirl Member Posts: 115
    edited April 2007
    Just popping in from Virginia. Wanted to say hi to all.

GS is just amazing. We've got some squirt guns for this afternoon. Should be fun.

MIL will be released from hospital at two today I think. They put her on new anti-depression drugs and she is feeling a lot better. Says that going to hospice would be silly. That's a step in the right direction.

DD needs me so must go for now.

Laura
  • RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited April 2007
    Here is a picture of Jasmine and Noelle at Jasmine's shower.
    I hope it works.

tmpphpSAIc1Q.jpg
  • RobinTN
    edited April 2007

and it didnt work.will try again .I can get it to come up but it is huge.Dont know what I am doing wrong.

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited April 2007
    I must be getting back to "normal" what ever that is, because I am busy ALL the time LOL. I will try and find time for a longer post soon. Things here are good...just busy...but good

Hugs
    Deb C
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited April 2007
    CG....well you can tell its spring time as we all leave our winter ruts...but please remember tocheck in once in awhile, we care about you and worry...so enjoy and I'm sure you can feel the love....

and this is our CRAZY time at work so not as much time as I would like to...
    cheri & sheri...lol...wish I could remember everyone...and I don't take notes well either...oh well I'm sure everyone know how much we care....
    THIS is the greatest group I have ever met....
    ok too much work and no time ....bummer....going back to Tai chi classes tonight I am so excited its been months...this is my ME time DH can work out onhis own now...lol...
    take care all and hugs all the way around the circle...daffodils are peeking thru here and new buds are on the trees....happy spring
    MB
  • RobinTN
    edited April 2007
    Ok gonna try again,
    Jasmine and Noelle at Jasmine's baby shower the last of Feb.
    http://i7.tinypic.com/3z8zpyq.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited April 2007
    morning ladies. I got up this morning fairly early. I keep little Kevin on tues. and thurs. from 5 a.m. til 2 pGood .m. My dh just left to go back to work so he got up with him for awhile. He also got the bigger boys off to the bus for school. Kevin goes to day care the other days of the week. So it's not all on me. He's coming around to me a little at a time. I knew I could win him over. lol

Vickie, I went to bed relatively earlyl last night. Remember you're an hr. ahead of me so it was only 1:00 if my post said 2. I just love the night and seem to come alive then. I knew I had the baby today tho so I did go to bed.

Betty, your presentation will go just fine. I wouldn't worry about the Mayor being there. You know he's just an elected official and he works for you. Keep that in mind if he makes you nervous.

Nicki, you taking a break from the Circle? I've never known you to do that. I referred to you awhile back as my morning paper. I have my iced tea or coffee during the morning or whenever I get up and read your posts and it tells me what's going on. I guess everyone needs a break from their routine I just hope you're not gone too long.

Janny, I missed ya girl! You're my partner in crime. Know you must've had one busy week-end. I don't like to cook and I try to avoid people over for dinner at all costs! It makes me too nervous. I don't cook at all anymore since my ankle has gotten so bad. When i'm here alone I just have a hot dog or cereal or someting simple for dinner. When Amber and her family stays the night, she actually cooks dinner.

Shilrley, gee I'm glad you can breathe. That's a very important part of living. My Mother has been having trouble breathing and they said she was anemic and gave her a blood transfusion. Did you say I looked like your mother? Just how old is she?? I'm only 49. But it smoothed it over when you said you looked like her too. lol On another note, I thought my little puppies looked a little Sharpei too. Guess we'll see. Can't wait til they get big enough to crawl over me and play. I am puppy crazy!

Hey to everyone else. Hope all of you have a great day.

pals
    cheri
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited April 2007
    Hi Cheri, I missed you too!! I can't believe how busy my weekend was!!!!

Robin, great picture! You did it!

I'm at work, so time to go. Just a quick check right now!

Love & kisses to all!
  • sherloc
    edited April 2007
    Cheri, I hear breathing is an important part of ones daily routine. Seem to be doing it well today. Didn't go work out today but did dance my little toes off in my living room this morning. sure hope there was no candid camera around.
    I said you looked kinda like my mom. And so do I. Actually I look just like her. Your 49, Im 45. You can be my big sis. Sadly my mom isn't around anymore. The beast killed her when she was 63.
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2007
    I'll be back to post later. Just wanted to tell Shirley that I'm glad she is breathing!! I'm telling you, one day the experts are going to find out that exercise is bad for you. You just wait and see!
    Hugs,
    Denise
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited April 2007

Shirley, sorry about your mother. I am honored that I look like her. I'm the youngest of 8 so I've never been a big sister, I'll be more than happy to be yours. My big sisters spoiled me rotten because they were alot older than me....does that mean I need to spoil you? lol

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited April 2007
    Good Evening Everyone! I have been sitting here. Reading all of the forums and threads. Trying to figure out why I come here. And of course 3 glasses of wine - makes me talkative.

I just want to be honest with everyone for a moment. I come here cause I want to help people. And as I read through the other forums, there are so many people who need our help and support.

Thats what this wagon circle was all about. To be there and help others as they go through difficult times. And sometimes, I just fell like a robot.

I think of Gina, who has had an awful time post op. Facing port insertion and chemo. And all the feelings that go with this crap.

Debc's friend Jayne on the reoccurance and mets thread, really needs support. When I read her posts, I feel her pain.

I just want to help others. And sometimes, I need help too.

You all are very special to me. The spirit of the circle seems a bit confused.

Nicki
  • sherloc
    edited April 2007
    Cheri, you can spoil me as much as you want. Just as long as you don't beat me up. I'm the baby too.

Denise, it's good to breath. I have decided I like this dancing for exercise thing. I got all hot and sweaty and had a grand time bopping in my living room.
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited April 2007
    Nicki, I don't know what you mean about the spirit of the circle being confused. We are here to help you, too. Don't feel like a robot. You are such a special person and you do help a lot!

Cheri, I am really sorry about what I said yesterday. I went back and read it again and can't believe I actually wrote that! It wasn't meant to be personal, I just have been very emotional lately and didn't think before I spoke. I always enjoy your energy. I love the pictures of your dogs. I may not have spoken to you personally, but I do feel like I know you from your posts.

Shirley, the breathing thing is very scary. I did that and ended up with pneumonia a while back. I'm glad you got it checked out and that you are ok.

Robin, I loved the picture of your dd. I know you are anxious for this baby. My prayers are with you.

For all of you who are busy, that's a good thing. I don't think we should feel bad if we are away a day or 2, it's good when you check in and say you're ok.

Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts. I haven't been feeling real well. I know my neck has bothered me, but today I really felt woozy for awhile and just had to rest. I want to cry at the drop of a hat. I took a nap this afternoon and never do that. I have to drive home tomorrow, so hopefully I will be up to it. It's been a tough week. I've been glad to be here with my parents, though.
  • sherloc
    edited April 2007
    awwwww hugs nicki. I don't think were confused. I think we are friends. Friends share more than just the hard times. They laugh and play too. And delight in the mundane day to day bits and pieces.
    I visit the other forums as well. Occasionally leave a comment if I feel I can be of any help.
    But here is where my Friends are.
    To be totally honest, a lot of the time I just get irritated with comments made in other forums. There is so much fear being spread around. I have a hard time sitting on my hands so I don't offend anyone.
    O heck I don't know what I'm trying to say. I just know that when I get together with my real life friends we are not always serious. I go out to lunch once a month with the ladies I used to work with. All three have been touched by cancer. Barbaras daughter died at 35 from BC. Betty's husband is battling lung cancer. Florence's mom, has just been dx for the 4th time with BC. And then there is me, whose mom died of bc and have had my own battle with the beast. When we get together we laugh, cry, talk, yell, giggle, shop, whatever. We do what friends do. Hold each others hand as we walk thru life.
    I don't think the Spirit of the Circle is confused. I think it has grown from a support group filled with ladies fighting the same battle to a group of friends united in life.

OK, I'll shut up now.
  • sherloc
    edited April 2007
    Robin, your daughter is B U T FUL!!!! I adore pregnant women. Wish I was close. I would do Maternity Portraits for her. Has she had any portraits done?
    Noelle is a bit of a cutie herself. I would keep her if I were you.
  • sherloc
    edited April 2007
    oops forgot to say.....
    Nicki, whats wrong? are you needing help for real? or was that just a general statement?
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited April 2007

Nicki, ????? We are the Circle! If you need us we are there for you. Sure, we laugh and joke, but the core of the Circle is alive and well. What do we have if we can't laugh?? Please don't leave! I understand needing to take a break, but what's up? We all have a very special sisterhood, that you and I and everyone else are a part of. It is what it is! It is Love!

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited April 2007
    Hey ladies. I'm still running around like a chicken with my head cut off! I'm taking a break from cleaning my filthy kitchen to pop in and say HI!

it seems like we are missing quite a few ladies...don't want to post names because I will miss someone...but if you have not posted for a while, but are reading...can ya post a quick howdy so we know you are OK???

It's the mom in me...I worry....

Hugs
    Deb C
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited April 2007
    Deb, I agree...I was (and have been thinking) about Ginny...and a number of others....

Joyce, how is Kevin?
  • neesie
    edited April 2007
    I'm Here....I was looking to see if Joyce had posted about Kevin. No one heard from her yet? Madison, I see you are still looking for Ginny. We all have that "mother hen" syndrome!
    Nicki and Shirley were talking about visiting the other threads. I don't as often as I should..You are right that there are so many people in need on the threads, and I think we are all here for them. Maybe they don't know how to find us or what we are all about. I know that I stumbled on here by accident late summer/early fall...don't even remember how. I do know that all of you are my true friends. Cyber friends, but true friends. If some of you need a bit of a break, take it..but please pop in and say Hi and let us know all is well with you. We worry when we get MIA'S..(see Madison and Debs post above.)
    I had alot to write but the brain is foggy.
    Hugs,
    Denise
  • neesie
    edited April 2007
    Cheri,
    I know I'm gross. What can I say, I've always been facinated in what comes out of , shall we say, "blocked pores!"

Hugs,
    Denise
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited April 2007
    Nicki...my sweet sunshine sister.
    It is a bit confusing here and I know that I too want to help and support everyone and tend to get lost and feel bad if and when I leave someone out.
    Don't think for one minute that you aren't helping in your own way. We love your early morning posts. It's my favorite way to start my day. We are here for you too...whatever you need...whenever you need it.
    We all have bad days, down days, crying days...coming here and reading about everyone elses day is what the circle is all about. Putting someone in the center for extra love and care is what we do. Magic carpet rides to appointments, Mazer and chocolate fountains. Prayers, healing wishes, postive vibes...they all count...they all matter to someone. YOU matter as much as every girl here.
    We are all worried about NS, Shel, Robin, Mena, Ginny, Jayne. We have lots of spirit here. We are a circle that never ends. Sisters caring about sisters.
    Not very good at putting all this into words...NS...WHERE ARE YOU WITH YOUR WISDOM!
    I just know that I feel safe and comfortable here. We KNOW each other...we love each other...we love you. Thats what its all about.
    Love and hugs
    Vickie
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited April 2007
    hi ladies,
    i am around,, feeling depressed today!
    thinking i really need to relvaulate my life..
    feeling really blue lately and drinking to much so going to take some time out!!!
    tracey
  • newvickie
    edited April 2007
    What we are
    One big circle of love
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited April 2007
    Vickie, you do have a way with words....this is a big circle of love....

Nicki, sending you hugs
    Tracey, sending you hugs

Cheri, I sent you a PM.....the tracking of the afghan shows that it has reached our special friend.....
  • newvickie
    edited April 2007
    Thank you Madison...It didn't come out the way I had it in my mind...stinkin chemo brain won't let me write anymore!

Nicki...just want you to know that it is ok if you take a break...just let us know your ok...please. Don't disappear.
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited April 2007
    Hello Girls,
    I think i understand exactly where Nicki is coming from and that is only because I have been able to take a step back because I can't post as much as I like because of my limited ability to type.
    This is a wonderful place and we gathered together here to be a safe place where people could come to when they were scared about a new diagnosis, mets, a test, a scan or just having a hard time coping with life during or after cancer.
    We gathered to welcome anyone and everyone. We gathered to be their strength when they felt they had none.
    We all have gotten to know each other and love eachother and rely on each other and sometimes when you read from an outsider's point of view it looks like it would be hard to jump in because you don't know anyone... or, if you have bad news or want to whine you hesitate because you don't want to rain on the parade going on here.

It is only natural because we all have become so familiar with each other that we have running inside jokes and things - that is what makes it fun.

But I know that I have hesitated to post about all the crap going on with me because I didn't want to be a big bag of downers when you all are having such a good time. I *THINK* that *MAY* be what Nicki is getting at... and there is an easy solution- first, you all moved the "party" thread to a separate thread and that was a good idea. I think we can keep being ourselves, but maybe if someone new pokes their head in and we answer her, maybe we should make a separate post to her and then make a post with all our hellos and what's doings afterwards. THAT way the new people who need us will feel special and extra welcomed and it will break the ice a little better???

I don't know. I am not making much sense tonight either. But I DO know that we USED to do that. And I think that is how it helped us to grow. We just need to remember that we are here for a purpose as well as for all the fun we have.

I am not saying no more fun! I am saying maybe we should try to include more people by singling them out when they DO stop by-- or when they are really having a rough time.

Do you know what i mean???
  • newvickie
    edited April 2007
    YOU GOT IT GINA. I felt bad when we started the cyber parties here as it didn't feel right. The new thread worked for that.
    I think we are doing fine though and pm a new girl is a great idea.
    We need to find our missing girls too.
    AND...we need to post our "downers"...it's what this is all about!
    Love ya all
    Vickie