Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008

And I just added to Nicki's. I love that! We need to post the calendar link on the top of Vickie's calendar thread.

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited May 2007
    VERY cool betty! That is JUST what I was thinking of!!! I didn't add to it, but I love the idea. You may need to post instructions for us....well let's say SLOW.... computer girls

Deb C
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited May 2007
    I can't get the page to open
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited May 2007

i like it betty. i edited what someone else added. and added some stuff.

• jasmine
    edited May 2008
    Vickie

I had trouble at first too. Try it again.
  • newvickie
    edited May 2007
    just had a meltdown and need to get it out.
    When lived with Sarah's father for 20 very long, very unhappy years. My dear sister and two friends went to a tax auction and bought me a trailer on two acres that was abandoned. We left with nothing but our clothes (literally!!)and moved to our new home. I loved it! It was small and not much in the way of a yard as the back yard was a very steep bank that lead to the creek. We fixed it all up little by little...Nathaniel came along and I bought my new place (that's only about a mile from my old one)...sold my old place (which I haven't been paid for yet). Anyhoooo...the couple that bought my old place bought a double wide to put on the property and I just watched my old home go down the road to the fire station where they are going to burn it for fire training

Geez...what a sad sad sight it was. I don't know why. It was like saying goodbye to an old friend. I love my new home and wouldn't trade it for anything but that was my "escape" from years of abuse and it was so sweet and cute.

I'm really sad that they are using it for fire training instead of giving it to someone who needs a home as there isn't anything wrong with it, I had new windows and doors put in.

The closing should be coming up soon which will make my bank account look a little better so there is an upside. Just strange to watch it go.
    whew...I'm ok now...thanks for listening ladies
    love ya all
    vickie
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008

Ah, big hugs Vickie!

• shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited May 2007

Vickie so sorry sweetheart.......but try to realize if one family is saved by the firefighters knowing how to fight a trailer fire how wonderful is that........I hope you have pictures from when you and Nathaniel lived there and no one can ever take your memories from that time..... you not only saved yourself but saved your child as well......look at it this way that tailer saved yours and Nathaniel's life at one time and now again it may save another woman and her son if the firefighters know what to do in a trailer fire......this really is a good thing sweetie.......enjoy some extra money do something special for you and Nathaniel.....love ya.....

• newvickie
    edited May 2007
    OH my...thank you for the better outlook on this. Hadn't thought of the "lives that could be saved" with the fire training.
    love you guys too
  • Tricia
    Tricia Member Posts: 103
    edited May 2007
    Shokk, that was so well put. My husband is a volunteer firefighter in our community, and it is rare for them to have the opportunity to practice what they learned in fire school on a real structure.
    Still, Vickie, I am sure I would feel just the same way you do now.
    Hugs,
    Tricia
  • RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited May 2007

Wish i had it on 2 acres right now.Boy would i be in heaven.

• newvickie
    edited May 2007

I wish you did too Robin...hugs...your day will come.

• jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007

neat idea betty and i added to it

• RobinTN
    edited May 2007
    I know it will vickie and I cant wait.Gonna run an ad in the paper for wanted steam roller operator.I know where one is parked if we could get to it about dark and have it back before daylight that would work.
    I gotta have something nice to occupy my mind with.
  • RobinTN
    edited May 2007

Has anyone heard from lisa?I wonder how her tatooing of the hipples went yesterday?

• newvickie
    edited May 2007
    I was wondering about Lisa too...hope everything is ok.
    Heehee Robin...I think our list of "Earls" is getting bigger every day.
    DD called and I told her about the trailer. She was sooo upset till I told her what all of you had said and she felt much better. Just thanking you again for putting a different "spin" on things for me. I don't know what I would do without all of you.
    Off to Walmart with sis...I'll be back later.
    Love to all...
    Vickie
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited June 2008
    Oh Vickie: Sad but inspiring too. These girls have a way of making us turn sad into glad. Made me think to, I had a house built in 1989 for me and the 3 kids. Nothing fancy..3 b.r. and 2 bath ranch on an acre. I was so proud that I was able to do that..not much money and had been single for so long. I loved my house! When I married, I sold it and moved a bit further south. I don't regret the move, but I loved my house!

I'm just checking in girls, sounds like most are having a good day! Very nice here today, now the wind has picked up and it's a bit chilly.

I like the calendar idea..I'm going to need a index for all the new threads! I'm always missing one that I wanted to look at.

Have a good night, and I'll see you in the Morning!
    Hugs,
    Denise
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited June 2008
    This is for all of our Nurses out there....HAPPY NURSES DAY ON SUNDAY!!image
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited May 2007
    Well This has been a fun day for me in the wagon circle. Almost all of my flowers are planted. Between last week-end and this week-end I planted 90 flowers! I need about 12 more for my patio and Im done. Sure looks pretty.

OK - gotta go. See ya in the morning

Nicki
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited May 2007
    Stopping in the circle to say hi and give great big hugs....had a bit of post traumatic stress syndrome today....Yikes....all will be better tomorrow.

Hugs to each and every one!!!!!!!
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited May 2007
    ((Madison)) what happened? I hope you are ok!

I thank you girls for your advice on the insurance company... the fight will continue on Monday.

Hey Marsha- good to see you here!

I would like to ask for special prayers for Ferne, fd411, she just finished her treatments and now has something in her lungs. She is a really wonderful girl and needs our power prayers.

Also, Stephanie, Tripleneg who used to be Boobuster, seems to be in some trouble with her treatments and needs our power prayers.

And of course Lisa40 needs our prayers while she undergoes brain rads.

CY- where are you? I AM PRAYING HARD FOR YOU!
    AMY- you are stable? STABLE IS GOOD. Now lets get you NED
    CHERI- is getting an MRI I think next week
    DORIS- is having surgery as well
    I know how powerful circle girl prayers are- when we pray as one we really get heard!!!

Now one thing that happened today that I have to share...
    I bought some plants for outside. One was a six inch pot of catnip. I only bought one because that stuff spreads like weeds. Mr. Fluffy was outside supervising. He walked over to inspect all the plants I bought. He then discovered the catnip plant. I had to walk away for a minute but when I came back his entire head was in the plant. All you could see was a cat body with an upside down plant on his head. He was rolling all over the lawn like this. I was laughing so hard I am sure the neighbors thought I had lost it- but oh do I wish I had a camera!
  • 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited May 2007
    "crack cat" ........... that is what we call 'captain jack', our cat, on catnip!!!!!! he bounces himself off the hottub into mac's bedroom window until he should be 'kitty brain dead' .......... but he's smart enough to know that eventually mac will open her window, slide the screen across and let the stupid bugger in!!!!!!

i think he is aptly named huh? lololol!

gina ........ great to see you post!

happy weekend everybody ........ i'm trying to wrap my head around actually going back to work on tuesday, so i'm kinda busy 'panicking' ..........it's been quite a while!!!!!!
  • newter
    newter Member Posts: 2,670
    edited May 2007
    Hi everyone,

I know I just joined last week and have not really posted since. Well, I just do not have the time to keep up. I am not giving up though because I really love what this group is all about. I am just having a hard time tearing myself away from the other forums I like to read.

Lorene
  • 2up
    edited May 2007
    amy "i'm living in 'stable'ville as well, but hell i'll take what i can get right about now!

i had a huge meltdown a while ago over a 'new spot' on my wrist, but finally now they feel it is an arthritic/stress lesion as opposed to more mets ............ man oh man, this whole mets thing is overwhelming isn't it?

i swear that when my non existent toenail aches, i'm certain it's "toe tissue cancer" ............ cripes what i wouldn't do for a one day reprieve from this sh!t!!!!!!!!

if you find ned, use and abuse him, then send him to me ok?
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited May 2007

33 hours and counting. Hubby still alive. All is well. I'm drowning my sorrows in ambien and hitting the hay. Love you all to bits. Thanks for the support. See you in the morning.

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited May 2007

that calendar is very very cool.

• 2up
    edited May 2007
    and beth ......... why in god's name would they be injecting you with dye "awake" if you're already going to be under for prophy masts???????

i just don't get that?????? of course where i live they don't do SNB'S, but as an RN with OR experience, this makes absolutely no sense to me!

good luck with your prophy's though ........ i bet you'll be a content person once you've successfully removed those potentially harmful breasts!

hoping for a speedy recovery for you!
  • Naniam
    Naniam Member Posts: 586
    edited May 2007
    Since most everyone here knows I am abnormal anyway, I still have a blue boob from the SNB !!! It will be 2 years in August and it has faded some but it is blue. Maybe I should change my name from Naniam to Blueboob.

Calendar is great.

My hubby and myself came to Jonesboro and Kingsport often to visit the antique shops. Visited the Haggle shops in Kingsport. Love Jonesboro - is the ice cream parlor still there????

Nicki, Gina, Jasmine, Vicki - I bought some flower and was going to plant this weekend - it has rained and it is cool. We didn't get out of the 50's all day and not sure we will tomorrow. My mom calls this kind of weather "blackberry summer" - the blackberry vines are blooming and it is cool. She says it is the last cool snap before it get warm and stays that way. Is an ole wives tale.

Nite everyone!!!

Brenda
  • karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited May 2007
    Good night girls - its to late to say evening, but good night sounds more like and ending than a beginning. I hope everyone had a good day today. It is raining here in Denver. I'm in a funk today - feeling blue and sorry for myself - confused and can't really say why. Stomach has been better the past couple days - not visiting the bathroom as much, so that should be good. Knees still sore. Just need to get out of the funk!!!
    Beth1225 - I almost called you Deb1125 - couldn't remember name so had to look at the previous post - will be thinking about you on Monday. Please post when you are feeling up to it or have DH post after the surgery and let us know how everything went.
    Betty - do you mean silicone prothesis? I have silicone implants and thought I could just wear any bathing suit. Didn't put one on last summer with the expanders and I couldn't stand to be in the sun during chemo and then I started rads.
    Shirley - I take my tamox first thing in the morning. I keep meaning to send you my bras - just got to dig out your address. I have the week off, so maybe I can get that done as well as write in my journal.
    Odayls - I'm going to pm you.
    NS- thanks for your update. Good luck with your fight with the insurance company.
    Nicki - you'll have to post some pics of your flowers. I will try to plant mine later this month. Too wet right now and we could still get snow here in Denver - or a frost.
    The calendar is great - hope no one minds that I added my birthday to it.
    Shel, Vickie, Cheri, Z, Trish, Cy, Sue, Margaret, Deb, Mena, Robin, Susan, Anne, Amy, Sheri, Shokk, Laura, MAdison, MB, Boo, Biker, Joyce, Lisa, Denise, Cy, Christine, Always Hope, Gus, Ishop1, Denise - I hope everyone has a good day tomorrow. Hugs from Denver for anyone having a procedure coming up or dealing with family. I think of everyone often. I sure hope that I haven't left anyone out. Karen in Denver
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007
    brstn
    My sister from seattle will be here the month of may to see about settling my moms estate. she loves antigue shopping and browsing jonesboro. She and her husband came in for the story telling festival one year.
    Maybe while she is here she can bring me to jonesboro to
    meet u. Maybe we could lunch at The Parsons Table, ihavent eaten there in years.
    Let me know. Jankay