Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited May 2007
    Quick post and I will be back.

New pic of Hey Jude taken last night and one of Mazer the Tazer

Hey Jude

Mazer

Amy
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited May 2007

wow I missed the morning all together...afternoon...bbs soon...hugs MB

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited May 2007
    Happy thursday ladies. Day 7 and counting. Had a really difficult night. Dreaming about smoking sucks beans. Got sidetracked last night and never made it back to catch up. Gonna attempt to do it this morning.
    I'm off to the Bay Area this afternoon. Have appt at 10 tomorrow for brca test. Yehaw I'm so excited. Gonna spend the day with my aunt and cousin. Haven't seen either in ages so we should have a grand time. Doc told hubby he wants him off work till at least the first of June. Sooooo hubby is thinking he can recuperate on a cruise ship just as easily as on the couch. Hasn't decided for sure yet.

Colleen, I see you had a difficult day yesterday. Have no words of wisdom for you but you do have my prayers. Hang in there girlfriend.

Nicki, one thing at a time my dear. Get where you want to get with your diet then start thinking about the smokes. I'm cracking up over the pic of you and hubby and pooch playing basketball. Who won?

Marsha, you snag your chart out of the box??? hahahhahahahha I'd be so afraid I'd get arrested by the chart police.
    Nasty techs should be outlawed. I would complain again and again. If she treats you badly complain right then and there. Ask to speak to the head whatever. The bumms better be falling all over themselves if they have to stick me more than once.

Vicki, yehaw for good onc visits. Praying the Chantix works for you.

Denise, you hyperventilated just for me? I feel so special. Thanks so much. hahahhahah.
    Fake Nurse????

Tricia, good for you for having a hissy.

Shokk, I make a kick a$$ salsa myself. Don't really have a recipe tho.

CY, they are having freaking meetings? Do Not Charge Patient? Holy Moly. They better not be charging the insurance company either. Screw the meetings, screw the bill. Just get the damn problem fixed now. Only on page 442, hoping it's fixed by 446.

Margaret, 20K, WOW!!!! congrats

Shel, tough first day back at work?

Laura, congrats to Dr Daughter. And to your dear son as well. Proud mommy moments indeed.

Cheri, I'm still happy dancing about your good news. Making myself dizzy with all the spinning. I have no clue why I can't breath either. Maybe it is just anxiety? Can tell you I am totally annoyed that 3 docs have checked me out and not one of them has suggested a fix. For the breathing test they made me use? for lack of the right word two different inhalers. 2 minutes after I sucked that nasty stuff into my lungs I started coughing. And have been coughing ever since. UGH!!! Anywhos, gonna bring up the anxiety issue and see what he says.

Deb, yikes, I'd be carrying a shot gun too.

amy, I did indeed survive the babysitting. It wasn't all the difficult actually. And daughters new do looks grand.

Hi Iris

Marsha, I'm going to PinkStock, but I'm not your secret pal. hahhahahhahahahha OK so it wasn't that funny but I am severly nicotine deprived. I have to find humor where ever I can.
    Really tho, you must come to pinkstock.

Madison, here I am
    I'm not sure giving the baby newborn donkey a pilots license is such a good idea.

Shokk, can I have my fork back now?

Update on Beth? I missed it, can't find it. How is she?

Socal, very very pretty. Wish I had a green thumb too. Would you believe daughter gave me a plant for mothers day. She knows the silly thing is going to die. what was she thinking?

Shel, hugs hon. Can't do anything about stupid people. So the best answer is "Why do you want to know"
    Never mind I like Debs advice better.

LisaE,, thanks bunches. My fingernails are not happy with me this week but they will survive.

Welcome to our new friend Ali. I'm sorry you were mistreated elsewhere.

Boo/Sue, drugs lots and lots of drugs. OUCH!!

Gina, gentle hugs for you.

Brenda, I'll be there. What are we having?

Awwwwww Hi Mazer and Hey Jude.

I DID IT. 6 pages in two hours. Not to shabby. Off to get lots of crap done before I leave. I'll see you all on Saturday. Have a great end of the week. Love you all to bits.
  • karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited May 2007

I jsut wrote a long post and lost it when I was trying to cut and paste - darn. Will try to catch up again later todya. Can't think straight to re-write the whole post again. karen in Denver

• susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited May 2007
    doncha just hate when that happens karen.
    I still love mazer the best.
    not much time today. i love the boob stories.
    I tried to call Robin again. no luck.

s.
  • shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited May 2007

Good afternoon ladies.......a very wet and stormy day here in North Texas.......hey Nicki I removed the fork myself and just so you know there really wasn't much blood......just 4 small holes that now looks like I got four small pimples on my forehead.......ha........Susan and Cheri...."Got Water?"......I sure hope ya'll are ok looks like MO is having quite a bit of flooding......well my youngest daughter just called me and ask me to pick her up from school.....she's not feeling well.....in the three yrs at middle school she has never missed a day of school...I think it might be that she is very nervous about tonight....it is their spring concert and she has several solo's.....I hope she just wants to miss the last two periods of school to come home and practice......geez....brb....phone is ringing.........

• shokk
    edited May 2007

Just want to send out a shout out to NS so so sorry chemo is just so tuff and I would imagine that is so much harder the second time because you are so aware of all the side effects....Gina we all love you so much.....you will survive this and soon your name will be back on NED's dance list........Robin we all get very concern when you disappear......I don't know what went down with the lawyer but please check in.......hey Sherloc is that you can't share your salsa recipe or that you won't....hmmmmmm....geez...brb.......

• lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007
    Hi girls, I forgot how much work it is to be on the Relay for Life Committee! I actually slept with the 5K cash I had here from Wednesday night. I could just imagine a stupid tornado coming through and money going everywhere. I'm baking today for our cake walk tomorrow night. My cake is going to (hopefully) have a pink ribbon on it. I bought luminaries for you guys too. Lump is still there and now there's a big red bump on top of it. Hmmmmm guess I'll call the oncology nurse after lunch. Crap - I don't have time for this.

Glad to see all the good news!

I'll check in later.

Hugs
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited May 2007
    Not much time to write...just poppin in to say hi to all my sweet sisters! Supposed to be working but needed a break. Predicting severe thunderstorms here...most likely the power will go out as it usually does. Makes for a boring afternoon if we have no power!
    Robin....where are you????? This is becoming worrisome!
    Shokk...oh I hope its just a mild case of nerves or better yet, a way to get some extra practice in...in a while crocodile.
    Liz...Sending hugs and prayers that it is nothing. Yikes...Relay For Life Committee! That's a lot of work.
    MB...get back to work.
    Shirley...I sure hope the Chantix works as I really want to quit! I have faith it will.
    Karen...I hate it when I lose a post...love ya and big hugs!!
    Iris...ok...peeked in and disappeared again. I'm telling ya lady...we are going to send out the posse after you one of these days.
    AMY...OH MY...Mazer is sooo adorable...no wonder Cheri likes it when he breathes down her neck LOL.
    Marsha...loved the boobs story LOL.
    Sherloc...loved your boob story too...we girls need to learn to keep our boobs in there proper place LOL. Maybe I should take to throwing them instead of water bottles! That would stop someone in their tracks in a hurry.
    Colleen...roflmbo at the "DON'T LOOK AT HER CHEST,DON'T LOOK AT HER CHEST" story and the mom at your school who now has a serious complex...too funny.
    Jankayyyyyyy...come out and play! Come on sweety, you are sounding a bit down and out and we need to cheer you up. What would you like us to do. Just name it! Seriously! A singing stripper, a blue drink (Cheri likes those), balloons, flowers, cards, letters, whatever it takes to make you smile.

and now Gina
    Just gonna tell you how much we all care. How much I care. This will be past you before you know it. Get lots of rest, drink lots of water (as if you don't know these things...geez)and most of all know that there are all these women surrounding you at all times with all the support you need. Sending you hugs and sympathy on the *&^%$#% Neulasta shot (I hated it too).

Ok...gotta work...love going out to everyone
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited May 2007

OH Brenda...I missed "your" back yard!!! I'm on my way!!!

• marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited May 2007

Gina sweetie, good to hear from you, I'm off in a couple of hours to get my Neualasta shot too. I truly hate the f*@$*#g thing as much as you........Hugs, Marsha

• newvickie
    edited May 2007

I don't get it...what's with the Neulasta shots...all the great commercials about how wonderful it is, all the positive talk from the doctors and nurses and I hated it the most! I always felt worse after having it and isn't the point of the shot to make you feel better? Maybe they need to work out the side effects.

• PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited May 2007

May God walk with all my CGS and watch over them!
    {{NS}}--{{MARSHA}} All my Love, Puppy
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited May 2007
    Hey ladies-

I'm in Brenda's back yard with my bare feet up on a padded lounge chair. I have a BIG girly blended froo-froo drink with an umbrella and had a cute waiter bring me a plate of nibbles.

AAaaahhhhhh...Maybe I'll skip work today
    Who has that tin cup for me to beg with....

Hugs
    BBL
    Deb C
  • PuppyFive
    edited May 2007

HEHE!
    Puppy
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited May 2007
    Puppy, pass that tin cup!!
    I'm in my office, munching on popcorn (my lunch), on the board.....not much work happening.
  • purplemb
    edited May 2007
    tin cup..hehehehe

work...what's that...new definition: something that cuts way too far into my time to check on all my best friends....
    hugs MB
  • PuppyFive
    edited May 2007
    Sorry Girls, but I think Deb needs it more!!!
    she must have drank too much wine look who she thinks is HOT!
  • PuppyFive
    edited May 2007
    image See Ya Later, Gotta go check on the cornbread in my cast iron skillet, to go with my brown beans!!xoxo
    Puppy
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007
    Okay - I called the oncology nurse. She said that I needed to call my surgeon (whom I haven't seen since my bilat in Sept. 2005) and see what tests etc. he wants to run. I called his office and of course they're not there today. If I don't hear back from him tomorrow, I guess I'll call my gynecologist at home (he's off on Thurs. & Fridays). Geez - I wasn't going to worry about this. Onc. nurse said nope it's something to have checked immediately since it came up so fast.

Anyway - here's a picture of my cake I'm dedicating to the Circle Girls tomorrow night.

Hugs

• karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited May 2007
    Hi CG's - well I'm going to try again. I know I can't remember whta I wrote before, so I hope my notes are good.
    Brenda - thank you for a wonderful lunch in your backyard - just beautiful like all us girls are. So much fun to get to visit with everyone. Lets do it again.
    Marsha, Sherndon and Deb - I loved your "boob" stories - thanks for putting a smile on my face. You are the best.
    Cy -the afgan is beautiful - I hope you get to take it in with you to the biopsy. for my past 3 surgeries, I took a special bear with me and I know for sure that the last one the bear came to the OR with me. I hope the afgan brings you much comfort. The gals are so very talented.
    Gina - HUGS to you. I got you pm.
    Sue - so sorry to hear that you are having to deal with so many losses.
    Shel - ask why they want to know - that should distract them and end the question and also ask if you can touch their boobs - only fair!!! Geeze. When people ask my DH what my prognosis is, he gets upset, and to be honest, I don't remember what he tells them. Maybe just tell them that you are "just fine, thank you very much".
    Lisa - you went from Dx to surgery even faster than I did. It was 26 days from my Dx to surgery then chemo 3 weeks later. Like you, I just wanted to get it over with.
    Jankay - hugs
    Amy - Hey Jude and Mazer as just so cute.
    Shirley - way to go - day 7 - you go girl.
    Liz - wow - 5K cash. sending hugs and only good thoughts regarding yuou bump. The cake is beautiful.
    Shokk- all the best to your daughter on her solos.
    Vikie - stay warm and dry - hope you don't loose power.
    Wishing everyone a good rest of the day. Have a community dinner at Miriam's school tonight, so we won't be home till late. I have to help set up - poor Miriam has to hang with me as Dad is out of town and brother has a committment - will be a long day for her. She is such a trooper. I got to go see her Shakespeare dress rehersal today. They do one scene - 8 minutes or so. All the kids are in grades 3,4,5. The festival is in downtown denver tomorrow. The kids were great. I get to go tomorrow - yeah!!!
    Hope to be back later. Karen in Denver
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited May 2007

Deb, can I come over? I'll bring my own beer but would love to nibble on the cute waiter............I mean plate of food the waiter brought hee hee...Marsha

• purplemb
    edited May 2007
    ok ...its almost closing time here on Thursday...or Friday if your me...lol....

I want to say HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all my friends
    put your feet up

take care and see you monday...
    MB
  • TheShopMama
    TheShopMama Member Posts: 276
    edited May 2007

Good afternoon, ladies! Wow, you are all so great! I will be glad to have the internet back on at my house (within the next 24 - 48 hours they say) so maybe I can get to know you better. Thanks for surrounding me when I needed it. Today I feel better. I am praying for all of you in harm's way with the weather. We are in a drought here in Georgia. Not only are the flowers I planted on Sunday droopy, but I think I may have planted my cell phone in with the hydrangea. I haven't been able to find it since then! Deb and Puppy... you are having WAY too much fun. May I join you? Love, Pam

• shokk
    edited May 2007

Post deleted by shokk

• Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited May 2007
    Robin, where are you? How are you? We gonna have to get the posse out looking for you.....

Who else are we missing?

Pam, so glad to see you post!!!
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited May 2007
    Stuck at work again!!!

Pam, yay for B9!! A happy dance for you too.

Jule, congrats on being NED. You're lucky not to have any SE from Arimidex.

Gotta go now!
  • sahalie
    sahalie Member Posts: 1,145
    edited September 2008

• lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited May 2007
    ok getting worried about robin. Thanks for trying to call her Susan.

Amy
  • 2up
    2up Member Posts: 944
    edited May 2007
    thanks for "getting it" you guys!!!!!!!

today was better because i was really busy and didn't have much time to be "visible" to the masses lol!

i have a favour to ask ............ kenz is doing weight watchers and doin really well with it, but i suspect she will get bored of the same meals over and over again.

anybody got any good WW recipes they can share?

i make the oven fries and the chinese chicken often, but i'd love to be a little more creative for her, and be able to have leftovers so that her lunches are easy for her now that i'm not home everyday.

thanks you guys!