Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited May 2007
    image I will always be Thankful I have my CGS!
    Puppy
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited May 2007

Just got home from another nice walk in the neighborhood. Walked a mile with my dog. Brought him home then walked up to the 7/11 for a Saturday paper. It was pretty funny cause every dog in the neighborhood starting barking and howling at us.

Just popping in to say hello. See ya all later.

Nicki
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited May 2007
    My little brother just called from Utah. He and his fiance are going to a Race for the Cure, I think he said and put my name in. He's 15 years younger than me, and almost like another child. I think I'm going to cry! We haven't been as close the last few years since we live so far apart. Right now just the fact that he was thinking of me is pretty cool.

Nicki, glad you enjoyed your walk. Your "dog" probably scared all the other ones.
  • RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited May 2007
    Odalys:I didnt know you are a hospital administrator.Got any management positions for me.:) I would love to live near the ocean.Considering all possibilities.

Cheri:I will be ok just had flashback yesterday I guess.Life goes on and certainly dosent stop for me.

Vicki:I will be ok,thanks for being my friend.

Nicki:I think I am going to call some other lawyers,something about this just dosent seem right.Maybe he thought there wouldnt be as big a settlement as he wanted.There is a lawyer in a nearby town that I have heard of that will sue anyone for anything so I am going to call him if all else fails.Hospitals shouldnt be allowed to go around breaking pts shoulders.
  • SheriH
    edited May 2007
    Yeah, Robin, I like your fighting spirit. Call that other lawyer, you're right, they shouldn't be allowed to hurt patients. Do you have documentation? That's always a biggy.

Hang in there!!!!!
  • RobinTN
    edited May 2007

Thanks Sheri:I have my xrays and written reports and it is documented in my file at the onc,and I heard the onc tell the sugeron about it.Its just not right.

• SheriH
    edited May 2007
    Good, I'm glad you have all of your ducks in a row. There's got to be a lawyer who can help you. BTW, don't let EVIL let you sell the house!

I posted this in the Moving Beyond section, but I've been having some concernes about a lump I feel above my mastectomy scar. It seems to have become more noticeable in the last couple of weeks. I see my onc on the 24th, so I have been planning to talk to him about it then. Should I call sooner or wait? Has anyone had anything like this? I had a broken rib a year ago, I guess it could still be from that. He will probably order a scan. It's about that time again, anyway.
  • RobinTN
    edited May 2007
    Sheri:I have not hand any lumps since my mast.thank goodness.My problem is with my liver.If it were me and knowing what I know now,I would get in to see my onc as soon as possible,then you will have one less thing to worry about.
    The evil and I had another knock down drag out last night,i told him to leave he said he is going he is always going to.I told him that I would get alimony and he said if I did he would make me sell the house.Well the attorney told me that under the circumstances there is not a judge in the county that would make me sell the house.That is all he is waiting on is his share of the house which he dosent deserve anything.It has always been a struggle to make him work since we have been married so why should he benefit from my labor?I wish I had never even met him.
  • RobinTN
    edited May 2007

Jankay:I forgot to tell you that I love your BP story.You are a hoot.I still have a vision of you coming up I40 on your scooter with your helmet on.

• SheriH
    edited May 2007

The bp story is great, but I wouldn't have gotten it until I moved here to KY. They didn't have bp's in the western states I lived in.

• jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007

robin - i am glad uenjoyed the story and never fear if i thought a friend or one of my children needed me i wouldnot hesitate to go up I40 on my scooter. I need for the tennessee girls t o pm me if they are interested in getting together for lunch in the next couple weekswhile my sis is in.

• jankay
    edited May 2007

for those of you who didnot catch the joke - bp is a self-service chain of gas stations.

• RobinTN
    edited May 2007

JanKay:I dont doubt you one bit.and thank you for calling me your friend it is an honor for me to know you.I would love to get together for lunch if I have advacne notice so I can make baby arrangement.I would love to meet you.

• SheriH
    edited May 2007
    Hey, I really don't live terribly far from you all. Maybe we could find a place to get together some time?

Robin, thanks for the advice. I'm thinking about calling on Monday anyway. There has been some buzz on the other forum that aranesp and procrit shots might have some problems and I get aranesp every month if my hemoglobin goes below 12. I want to make sure that's in the "safe zone".
  • Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited May 2007
    Good morning CG's - hope everyone is having a great Saturday morning. Thanks for all the complements. This was the first time I actually like how the picture came out.

Robin - I'm the assistant administrator for Health Information Management. It's my job to make sure patient's medical information is available for patient care. The hospital is located in North Miami Beach just 15 minutes away from the ocean. Glad to see you are considering all possibilities. I wish you could come visit us. We could hang out on the beach under a palm tree, drinking cool drinks and running our toes in the sand. AHHHHH....feels sooooooo good. BTW- what is this about your shoulder? Did you get a shoulder fracture while receiving care???

Nicki - I love morning walks except it gets too hot here past 9:00 am. Lately, I've been going for a walk in the evening not as hot and don't have to rush to get anywhere.

Sheri - Glad to see your brother is going to Race for the Cure. I can relate to having a younger brother, mine is 19 years younger. He sees me more like a mom than a sister. Since my dx he has distance himself and I don't get to see him as often as before, makes me sad.

Okay - need to get off the computer so I can finish modifying the "presents". I want to mail them out. Talk with you all later. Wishing everyone a great Saturday!
    Love and hugs to all.
  • snowmen_n_thongs
    snowmen_n_thongs Member Posts: 367
    edited May 2007
    good day ....
    yay its my friday today!!! i need my two days off i dont know whats wrong but lately i have not been liking my job!
    !........well still having teenager issues as you ladies know my 15 yr old was suspended for the rest of the yr and the police called me the other night and she had snuck out a few weeks back and went joy riding in a stolen car!!!!! She left her little sisters water bottle in this car with her name on it thats how she got caught
    !!!!........ My husband has two boys from a previous relationship ( not married) and now it looks like the youngest may be coming to our place... his mother is a crack addict and has been arrested for sellling the crap!!!!! so i know this kid will be coming with alot of issues!!!!!! but i will do what i can for him maybe just maybe we can get him on a better path!!!
    its a nice day here today the sky is so blue and the mountain tops are still covered in snow should be in the high 20's ( celsious)....
    I havent been posting much but i have been reading.... so much going on here and so many ladies!!!

beth... glad everything went well for you!! I have been thinking of you!

Odalys great picture!! you are a beautiful woman!!!

Robin hope all is going well with you!!! i know your going through a rough time with hubby wish there was something i could do... If i could tweak my nose i would turn him into dog poo!!!

shokk lol doubt anyone here is going to remember mothers day!! except my youngest put together a potted plant for me..... its so beautiful... hope you have a great mothers day to!

cy ugh i am so sorry your having such a rough time with your bx and then getting your shoes stolen... who would steal a pair of someones shoes???? were they made of gold???? lol hugssss girlfriend.

cheri so nice to see you .... so what will they do for a brain cyst??? isnt it horrible something is wrong and we immediatley assume cancer......... hugssssss and glad its only a cyst..... you did have me worried girl...

nikki.... lol i love your pictures....man you must of been really pooped out last night.... maybe we should have a drink together tonight!!!!! sounds like your doing wonderful on the exercising!!! i wish i had your motavation!!

vickie are you awake yet get those bleary eyes open..... hope you have a great day with nate today!!!!!

jankay lol international disturbed peoples day????? ok i fit right in there to!!!!!

marsha hope your feeling better soon.... i sure dont miss chemo...hope its just about over for you!!!

cheri oh oh ya!!!!!!!!! you go girl!!!!!!!! on month smoke free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you are truely inspiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gus yep miss a day or a few and lots of catching up to do..... i thought i would print one page so i could catch up and out came 21 pages...... hahahahaha

sherdon.. awwwww that is really cool about your little brother!!!!!!!!!!I have a older sister and we are not close....... it kinda sad but what do you do?

puppy love your pictures and your spirit.... you are one strong woman and your a inspiration for me as well... i look forward to see your smiling face!!

omg i did it now hope i dont lose it all!!!!!!!! hahahahah if you hear a crash then i did....
    hi to socal, mena, purple, deb... where is deb??? , i really need to make a list of all the ladies here,,, bear with me as i am at work so if i forgot you i am soooooo sorry........

have a wonderful saturday and happy mothers day for tomorrow..

traceyladies
  • SheriH
    edited May 2007
    My family is a little strange. My parents decided when I was almost 15 to have more children. Before that there was just my sister and I. She is 2 years younger. So, I am 46, she is 44, Tim (the one who called this morning) is 31, Liz is 29, and Pat is 26. Here's the cool part: My mom was born in 1940, I was 1960, Pat was 1980, and my youngest was 2000. At least I think it's kind of cool. I am not close at all to the one who is 44, we have serious issues. Tim was my bud while he was growing up. His friends would all come to my house on the weekends when he was in high school and we would play games and watch movies. My kids were pretty little, but they loved it. Pat, the youngest, was born with a hole in his heart and had open heart surgery when he was 5 months old. He's always been very special to me. He lives in CA still. I guess I've been a "mom" since I was 15, even though my first child wasn't born until I was 26. I miss my "kids". Liz is living with my parents in Alabama right now and is planning to get married next year. I told her she didn't have to have an old lady in her wedding and she said I wasn't getting out of it that easy, so I guess I still have some bridesmaid days to look forward to.

I guess it isn't too surprising that my own children are so spread apart either, 20,19,15 and 6!

I'm sure this is all tmi, but Tim's call this morning opened up a whole can of memories.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited May 2007
    Tracey: Hey I would love to share a glass of wine with you tonight.

My SIL who is an angel. Well when she was your daughters age, she left her purse with her wallet and a bag of pot in a park. Now how stupid is that. This story gets told to me all the time. My MIL found a pipe that she and my husband shared - and she brought the kids to the police station and made then confess. Ahhh but things were different - this was in the 60's. I have missed you around here. Cheers to the week-end.

Odalys: My biggest problem is when I get home from walking Im sweating and a shower just doesnt cut it. Then Im sweating the whole time I get dressed. And this is so weird. I dont sweat under my arms anymore. All my sweat comes from my scalp - wonder if that has anything to do with chemo and hair loss.

Sheri: Always nice to think of pleasant memories.

Nicki
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited May 2007
    Nicki, i would love a glass of wine tonite. we don't keep it at home.

odalys your picture is very nice.

tracey good luck with the teenagers. God bless you for being willing to take on another one. You have the right spirit.

Sheri, call your oncs office. they will get you in soon.

Tricia glad the mri was clear. And now you have a plan. That's always a good feeling.

jankay, i musta missed the BP story. Did you know BP used to stand for British Petroleum and now it's Beyond Petroleum. I'm a little confused. Well, anyway, I'm going back to read your post.

OK, secret pals. have you contacted your pal yet??? AlaskaDeb posted a small questionaire for all secret pals to fill out. The secrecy is soooo interesting. I just love being the know-it-all or is it no-it-all.

hugs
    susan
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited May 2007
    Just flying by with a hug. I have a list as long as my arm of things to do today. I may get back on later, but wanted to tell everyone HOWDY!

Anyone who is doing secret pals, I have a little "poll" set up for everyone to answer a few questions to help their pals pick out things you like. Go fill it out if you have a second

Hugs
    Deb C
  • CherrylH
    CherrylH Member Posts: 189
    edited May 2007
    Good morning sisters,

Jankay I love the joke. Must pass it on.
    Nicki.. two glasses and you're out. Watch out, you're becoming a light weight party girl!!!
    Hope everone has a great day.

love,
    Cherryl
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007
    A quick fly by here also. Relay was a success but I'm exhausted. Got home at 1:00 am! We made over $45,000 this year which is much better than last year.

Surgeon is on vacation so I'll be calling my gynecologist on Monday.

I'm sitting here not even dressed yet. I have a wedding to go to at 5 so am thinking I'll stay in until it's time to get ready for it. LOL

Hugs to everyone. I'll catch up later.

Liz
  • RobinTN
    edited May 2007
    Nicki:I have the same sweating problems as you.Anything I do my hair what little I have of it will just drip with sweat.I dont sweat under my arms either i dont have hair growing there anymore come to think of it.
    But I hate sweating all the time especially like you said when you get out of the shower.I almost want to just get back in.

Tracy:thanks I appreciate your kind words.
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited May 2007
    hee hee
    bee pee is certainly beyond petroleum, isn't it.
  • RobinTN
    edited May 2007

and we could get bee pee for free!

• jankay
    edited May 2007

aren't we a clever bunch!

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited May 2007
    Let's see if this works....