Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited May 2007
    cheri, i agree with denise. I'm a geezer and I demand respect from you, you young whippersnapper you.

speaking of geezers. I went to a geezer fest last night. it was so much fun. the band was a mix of old and young and played music from the 50's and 60's. The crowd was all ages. There were these little girls dressed up like hippies and they got up (impromptu) and danced for everybody. And the best part !! I was far from the oldest person there.

woohoo

s.
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007
    Thanks Susan

Hugs
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited May 2007
    Liz, what a great picture. You are beautiful and your son is so good-lookimg. Very Nice.

pals
    cheri
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited May 2007

Liz, you are lovely my dear. Did you have a good time? Was it a great party. I love weddings. Just found out one of my neices will be getting married next year on Feb 29th. hahahahahahh shes always been a rebel.

• RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited May 2007
    Liz:what a great picture,your son is very handsome and you are gorgous (sp)

Lisa:Would you pm me the link we were talking about yesterday I have searched and for the life of me cant find it.

its 1030 here and the evil is still not home and he isnt working tonite.Could this be it? Dare I get the least bit excited.I will know in the am.

Nite all
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited May 2007
    Robin Please just stop talking to the Evil you'll feel much better and won't have to get as upset. Just put him onIGNORE! once he figures out you are going to talk to him or argue with him he'll leave cause he'll know he doesn't hold anything over you.

Has anyone heard form Laura B? I sure hope things are looking better for her and Katie!

Well i hurt tonight so I think all the pain meds have worn off completely! Going to the Zoo with family tomorrow so will turn in early tonight.

Wanted to wish all the Moms a very Happy Mother's Day!
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited May 2007

Liz..great picture..you look sooo happy...what a great smile!!!

• RobinTN
    edited May 2007
    CY:I do avoid him at all costs,but he has to come upstairs sometimes I guess.Have fun at the zoo.I saw your pictures on another thread to s.d and they were great.I love the ocean.

False alarm he's home.Like a bad taste in your mouth.
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited July 2008

Robin, I agree with the Cy. Its best to play your cards close to the vest. You don't want to give him a heads up on what's coming. Better to let him be walloped upside his head right out of the blue. I would just smile at him and let him wonder what the joke is all about.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited May 2007

Good Morning Everyone: Well its a beautiful Sunday here in the Chicago end of the circle. Althought a bit chilly this morning - Im gonna have to weer a jacket when I go for my walk. But the temps are supposed to be in the 70's. A perfect day!

I finially realized my pedometer doesnt just measure steps, it measures miles too. So yesterday I walked 2.7 miles. Seems like I did more walking that that!

I must tell you I have enjoyed my Merlot the last 2 nights, but I have learned something. It leaves an awful taste in your mouth when you wake up!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Mothers Day. To all of you and to all of our mothers who are here with us. And a special prayer to those of us who have lost our moms.

Sherloc: Good job with no smoking. Im very proud of you. DH finially agreed to taking a baby aspirin a day! That is the extent of it. Absolutely refuses to go to the doctor - end of story! I tried to remind him about how he pushed me to go through chemo even when I wanted to quit. He said, well thats different! Men really are stupid.

Liz: What a nice pciture. Sounds like you had fun at the wedding. Good to get out and just enjoy life once in a while.

CY: Sorry about the discomfort. I hope you are feeling better today. Have fun at the zoo - happens to be one of my favorite things to do.

Robin: I have to agree with others. Confrontations will only make you feel worse. I was thinking, maybe you could get some counselling at your cancer center. The social workers can help out alot and lead you to the right direction. Sending hugs to you.

Think Im gonna go back to bed and try to sneak in another hours sleep. Have a great day.

Nicki
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited May 2007
    Good Morning Nicki

Good Morning All

Happy Mothers Day!!

(Leaving soon..be back Wednesday)...Take Care
    Madison
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2007
    Madison: Have a wonderful time. Im gonna miss my daily fix of Madison thought.

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited May 2007

Good morning sweet sisters and Happy Mothers Day!
    Madison...oh we will miss you but have a wonderful time and we'll keep your wagon space waiting for your safe return.
    Good morning sunshine sister Nicki! Are you planting more flowers today...we must see pictures of all these beautiful flowers. I almost bought some yesterday but it's been a little too cold here just yet. sigh.
    CY...hope you have a great day at the zoo. Relax and enjoy.
    Shirley...yup the little kitty will be a big kitty by then. If I have my choice that's the one I would choose to keep. He's (or she??)is the quietest and most loveable of all. I think Nate's teacher has just taught for too long. She has zero patience and I was a bit shocked at her nasty mouth. Nathaniel LOVES school and alway excels and is very polite. He's won three awards and she treats him so bad. Says he's too clingy...uh...no...he's lovable and always wants to help. There is a difference. Oh well, school is almost out for the summer and hopefully he will have a better teacher next year.
    Liz...you are a beautiful lady with a handsome son! Thank you for sharing.
    Jankay...are you up yet this morning?
    Jasmine...what have you been up too...poof she's here...poof she's gone LOL. Sending a hug.
    Susan...so your a geezer LOL. That is so cute. I love the music from the 50's and 60's and it sounds like you had a great time.
    Newter...wake up and join the fun.
    Robin...have a great mothers day...you deserve it and ignore the Evil...everyone is right, he isn't worth the time of day. I know it's easier said than done but give it a try.
    Cheri...have a great day today! Hugs to you and Amber.
    Iris...have a great day...is that blackberry givin you trouble?
    Shel...happy mothers day...hope you and Mac have a great time.
    Z...it's early in CA so you won't see this till later but happy Mothers day to you too.
    Waiting for Sarah to call so I can open my gift...geez...like a kid at Christmas. I bought a cheapy hand sander at Walmart yesterday and Nathaniel gave me his six dollars so it would be from him. He's so sweet. I decided I'd better get up this morning before he decided to try breakfast in bed...Yikes!
    As usual my chemo brain and sleepy mind are missing many and I'm sorry but you are all in my heart.
    Cheri and Sherdon...check your myspace...
    Off to shower and cook breakfast before church. Nate wants to go fishing today so I may take him to a pond I know of that he's never been to before. May plant some flowers at the cemetery for mom and grandmother.
    I'll be back
    Love ya all
    Vickie
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2007
    Vickie: Yep, I have to more flowers I want to plant. Then its back to pulling weeds and dandelions! I will be spending my Mothers Day with my husband, just working more on the yard. Trying to get it to look nice.

Probably will get carry out from Maggianos or Fridays - we have gift certificate there. Cant imagine going to the restaurnat today. It will sure be crowded for Mothers Day.

Hello to all you sunshine sisters.

Nicki
  • BRSTN
    BRSTN Member Posts: 165
    edited May 2007

Betty
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited May 2007
    Chemo #7 has kicked my butt but I have been here, reading all your posts and it sure makes me feel better!

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there.

As the new girl here just wanted to say, "thank you" to all of you. Please don't let a few folks ruin for you all the beautiful friendships you have developed. OK maybe someone got their feelings hurt somewhere, but I am a firm believer in you have to BE a friend to MAKE a friend. There are alot of times I don't get the joke or the references you guys are making since I don't have the history some of you have together. That's OK. I love to see the love you share. If others can't understand that then this is not the right thread for them anyway. Nicki, honey, who cares if some small minded person "rates" these threads lower? You are one of the most sensitive, caring, supportive sisters on these boards and I hate to see you worry about this. I am going to each of the Circle Threads right now and giving them a 5 star rating in your honor!!

Sherndon, I really want to talk to you more about the theatre! I have done dozens and dozens of shows thru the years. This is my not so good weekend so I mainly come to the boards to read and make myself feel less alone but DO want to compare notes with you!

Have a great day everyone.........xoxoxox Marsha
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007
    Yes, vicki i slept in this morning and am just getting up.
    so, it will take me longer t o get going. i am enjoying my sis hereand am looking forward to our trip. she is nervous because she has never done this before. i will explain that later.
    i gave her a tour of the circle yesterday, and she was so impresed with our sisterhood and how we support each other. She was real impressed with the afghan thread and the fact that we sent one to EE. She also loved the not so secret pals idea. AND NICKI and she absolutely loved your user name. will have more later.
  • jankay
    edited May 2007
    Liz that is a very beautiful picture and your son is handsome and your my dear are gorgeous.

the reason my sister is so nervous about this trip, is she has never taken care of a chronically ill person. In the past when she has been around i have been doing exellent.
    This weekend she has been around me more and has seen whay my bad days are like. So she is starting to doubt herself
    so please be sure the magic carpet is with us.
  • jankay
    edited May 2007
    These are the answers given by 2nd

grade school children to the following questions:

Why did God make mothers?

1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.

2. Mostly to clean the house.

3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.

How did God make mothers?

1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.

2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.

3. God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.

What ingredients are mothers made of?

1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.

2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.

Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?

1. We're related.

2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.

What kind of little girl was your mom?

1. My mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.

2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.

3. They say she used to be nice.

What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?

1. His last name.

2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?

3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?

Why did your mom marry your dad?

1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my mom eats a lot.

2. She got too old to do anything else with him.

3. My grandma says that Mom didn't have her thinking cap on.

Who's the boss at your house?

1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a goof ball.

2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.

3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.
  • newvickie
    edited May 2007
    oh oh oh...my dd just called and had me open my mothers day present. oh my...I had to share...
    It's a sterling silver necklace with a silver envelope on it. The envelope says mom on the front and opens. I can't get the note inside out but its say something like "with all my love forever and ever".
    there is a poem attached
    A Letter to Mom
    I'm writing this letter
    so wear near you heart,
    So you'll be reminded
    when we are apart,
    That I know what love is
    because you have been
    My mother, my teacher
    my mentor, my friend.
    And from you I've trusted
    and come to know Jesus;
    I've learned to see others
    the way that He see us.
    So stamped wtih God's goodness
    and packaged with prayer,
    This loetter comes filled
    with my love and my care.

ok...so I'm crying...I am so blessed!
  • newvickie
    edited May 2007
    Love the "mom" descriptions Jankay and good morning to you! Happy Mothers Day and don't worry, the magic carpet will be ready and waiting. All will be well. Hugs to you today.
    Vickie
  • newter
    newter Member Posts: 2,670
    edited May 2007
    Hi Marsha,

I am new too to this group but I am having a really hard time settling in because I spend a lot of time on the other Moving Beyond board and a couple of other boards.

Welcome and I hope you are feeling better soon.

Lorene
  • newvickie
    edited May 2007
    geez I miss my mom today...it just hit me like a ton of bricks.
    big a$$ bawl baby that I am.
    Sending hug to all of you that are missing your moms too and sorry if I'm being a downer...just had to get it out.
    Love ya all
    Vickie
  • Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited May 2007
    Hi all...

I also want to light a candle in memory of all the sisters who have lost the fight, as well as all the special Mom's, and Grandama's who are not with us today but whose love will always be in our hearts.

Have a great day everyone. (((((hugs)))))
  • newvickie
    edited May 2007
    Thanks Odalys...great idea...
    Candles for my mom and grandmother and all moms who are not with us any longer, may you be smiling down from heaven.
  • jankay
    edited May 2007

Before I was a Mom

Before I was a Mom I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
    I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
    I never thought about immunizations.
    Before I was a Mom - I had never been puked on.
    Pooped on.
    Chewed on.
    Peed on.
    I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
    I slept all night.
    Before I was a Mom I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests.
    Or give shots.
    I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
    I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
    I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
    Before I was a Mom I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down.
    I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
    I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
    I never knew that I could love someone so much.
    I never knew I would love being a Mom.
    Before I was a Mom - I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
    I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
    I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.
    I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.
    Before I was a Mom - I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
    I had never known the warmth, The joy, The love, The heartache, The wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
    I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom.

And before I was a Grandma, I didn't know that all those "Mom" feelings more than doubled when you see that little bundle being held by "your baby"...
    Send this to someone who you think is a special Mom or Grandma. I just did.
    And remember that behind every successful mother... Is a basket of dirty laundry.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2007

A candle for my mom who passed away12 years ago. She was a strict Italian mother and I gave her so much trouble when I was a teen-ager. I miss her today.

A candle for my sister, who is a bc survivor and has a wonderful family. 2 children with lots a grand children.

A candle for me. I have one son, who hasnt talked to me in 2 years. Has never called me on Mothers Day. But I am a mother and will celebrate today with lots of memories.

Candles for all the mothers who are dealing with breast cancer and trying to raise a family.

Candles for all the children, who know their mothers are dealing with breast cancer. Their fears may be unspoken but their love for their mom is strong.

Nicki

• RobinTN
    edited May 2007
    Nicki:great candles,wish I knew how to do that.Would you light one for my mother who departed from this life in 1985 and i miss her like it was yesterday.No I dont think I need counseling.Will just stop talking about evil so much,then wont have to think about him.This is the ONLY place I can come to to share my feelings.
    But as I told someone the other day I just want talk about him until the good part comes then we can have a whole weekend party.Sounds good.

Jankay:You are the neatest person,where do you come up with these storys? I cant wait to meet you.

Vickie:That is great a silver necklace wow.I love jewelry

Karen suprised me yesterday and ordered me a brand new oreck vaccum from QVC,it comes with a canister vac and a cordless iron and its PINK with the bc symbol and 50.00 of everyone sold yesterday goes to the susan koman foundation.I am so excited,mine has been torn up for the past month and I cant afford to have it fixed and dont have anyone to fix it for me.I cant wait till it gets here I am gonna be a cleaning fool.

I might be gone a few days so dont worry.Noelle and I are going into town to get away from you know who today.Tomorrow is chemo,and I am going to devote the rest of the week to finding another attorney and finding a university i can enroll in to get my BSN at home.might as well while I am here.

Hope everyone has a great mothers day.It is always a sad day for me,as I am sure it is for anyones mother who has passed.

Beth:give me a call whenever you want.

Take care
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited May 2007
    Good morning everyone...it is morning on the West Coast..

I am lucky my Mom is still alive at 87 but is on the East Coast..

Nicki, my Mom is half Italian..what fun we had with that side of my family!!

Here is the photo of the rose I took last week..

For Mothers, Grandmothers and Great Grandmothers everywhere
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2007
    A candle for Robins mom.