Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• Tricia
    Tricia Member Posts: 103
    edited May 2007
    Odalys, I will say a special for Liz and for you. This has been a difficult week for many people we care about. And sending you strength to cope with your friend and your work in the coming weeks.

Anne, I am so sorry about your Dad. It i never easy, no matter what the circumstance.

Lorene, always good to see you.

Nicki, weeding is good for the soul. Glad you had a good day.

Sue, glad your mouth is healing. Good luck to your son tomorrow. How old is he?

WELCOME HOME JANKAY! OMG, that joke was sick! I loved it!

Tricia
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited May 2007
    Tricia - My son is 14 and a great kid till he acts like a typical teen and drives me nuts!!!! Where are you in Florida? I'm in Tampa.
    Sue
  • Boo46
    edited May 2007
    Goodnight CG's
    Have to go round up the teen. Ever notice that 14 year old boys are just like puppies? Dirty, hairy, big feet, clumbsy, and just plain silly with no attention span.
    Sleep good and sweet dreams.
    Hugs,
    Sue
  • Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited May 2007
    Thanks ladies. I know Liz is greatful for all the prayers.

Oh Anne, I'm so sorry about the loss of your father. God be with you and your family, may He grant you peace during this difficult time. Please take care of yourself. (((((hugs)))))
    Odalys
  • Tricia
    edited May 2007
    Sue, I worked in a middle school as a teacher, then a counselor for 26 years. I know what you are talking about!

I live down in the Keys.

Tricia
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007
    well i beat u nick nd vickki

i am home regretabky
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited May 2007

Good Morning Jankay! You sure did beat me sunshine sister.

I spend all day outside and I think I might be allergic to something. At least Im hoping it is allergies - I cannot afford to get another cold. That night I couldnt stop sneezing and this morning my nasal passages are all clogged. I will be running out to CVS to get some Zicam after my coffee.

I sure walked alot yesterday. In the neighborhood, not a walking path. I dont think I will ever go to a walking path alone again. Anyways - walked just shy of 3 miles. But Im still holding at 11 pound weight loss. Cant seem to lose more right now for some reason.. The south beach book says this will happen but watch for how you clothing is fitting. So we shall see. I would be happy if I could lose 25 more pounds!

Boo: You busy life sounds just like mine. Im glad you checked in to say hello.

Vickie: It sure has been a quiet week-end here on the boards. Maybe it seems that way for me, cause I have had time to check in throughout the day. Oh and BTW sunshine sister, its time for you to wake up.

Jan: Its always good to be home vs staying somewhere else. I feel safe and comfort at home.

Boo: I was the worst teenager. Gave my family alot of grief. But I must agree about teenage boys.

Now what a pity. This morning I have all the time in the world and its quiet. This week will be another busy one for me so Im taking advantage of my computer time.

Yesterday I was so full of energy - even cleaned out my closet and got it ready for summer. Realized all my summer clothing is too casual for the new dress code at work. I must go out and find some pretty blouses that will go nicely with my lab coat. Sure wish vests were in style again. They always seem to make me look thinner.

Anyways, have a wonderful day. Im sure I will catch up with you all later.

Nicki
  • joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited May 2007
    Good morning ladies,
    Anne-I am so sorry about your dad. My prayers are with you and your family.
    Odalys-So sorry to hear about your friend. She is in my prayers as well.
    Thank you Cheriand Nicki for the the kind words. I knew you would know how I felt. This is a great support group and I feel stronger mentally because of it.Your support and friendship has meant alot to me. I am not giving up my friends!You are all so special to me,like family.
    My future DIL graduated from Temple on Thursday and I am giving her a surprise party today.I have alot to do so I probably won't be back. I will check in later this week.Hugs to everyone I missed. Have a great week!
    Joyce
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited May 2007

Sue (Boo), you are In Tampa? I am up in Ocala about 90 miles from you. Actually taking my girlfriend to the Tampa airport this afternoon. Marsha

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2007
    Joyce: Of course I understand. Im not crazy, it the whole world that is.

Nicki
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited May 2007
    Oh...I'm up...finally. Sucking on jellybeans to keep away from the cigarettes. Day four! So far so good. Getting pretty sick of jellybeans though. Love veggies but not raw so trying to come up with a no calorie substitute. Sick of lifesavers too. Aren't I a pain in the nether region LOL.
    Jankay...I nearly spit my jellybean on the computer screen. That was sooo funny. I needed a laugh this morning! Regret being home? Sending you a hug.
    Hmmm...lots of sunshine sisters this morning. No sunshine here...another gray day. Geez.
    Nicki...11 pounds is great! Isn't there usually a "plataeu" where you don't lose for a week or two? And...remember that muscle weighs more than fat and you've been doing a lot of walking! Love the fleas...heehee
    Hugs to Odalys and Anne.
    Sue and Odalys...you are both in Florida! My daughter lives in Mount Dora and I so want to go visit before summer is out. We will have to get together. Are either of you coming to Pinkstock?
    Ok...can't sit here any longer or I'll want a cigarette worse than I already do (Alwayshope...come kick me in the pants LOL)so I'm off to shower and cook breakfast, then church.
    I'll be back.
    Love ya all
    Vickie
  • Tricia
    edited May 2007
    Good morning,

Marsha, my brother lives in Gainesville, I have been through Ocala many times.

Nicki, I love your friendship prayer.

Sewer problems repaired - thank goodness.

Today I have housework, laundry, grocery shopping, and a little yard work to do, but it is a beautiful day here and I'm starting slow.

Tricia
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited May 2007
    Morning,
    Oh my, I feel like an absentee wagon owner....popping in an out....(promise to keep the grass cut)
    CY, putting you in the center of the circle...always in my prayers.
    Congrats on the 11 pounds Nicki....I do believe there is a point where weight loss slows down....Let me see, I know someone that really deserves your friendship prayer (a co-worker).
    Vickie, I used sugar-free suckers when I was a beginning non-smoker...good going!!!Day 4
    Tricia, don't you hate sewer problems-especially on weekends (over-time charges)
    Jankay, good to see you home.
    Joyce, I agree with all the others who have posted that some individuals just don't understand the support that is found in this group of wonderful people. How can anyone give up these friendships? I can't!!!
    Boo, sounds like you are busy. I had 3 girls, so not sure about boys (but I do have an imagination!!).
    Marsha it would be fantastic if you and Boo could visit.
    Anne, still holding you in a tight hug. We are here for you....
    Robin, where are you? How are you? Getting worried about ya.
    DH still sick (he is not a happy camper these days)

Hello to all CG's
    be back later
    Madison
  • marshakb
    edited May 2007
    I'll put out an AMEN to that one Nicki
  • lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007

I was all ready to sit and catch up and just got a phone call they're taking my MIL to the hospital. Guess I'll be back later.

Hugs to everyone.

Liz
  • Boo46
    edited May 2007
    Good Morning.
    Marsha - I've been thru Ocala many times. Not too far for a visit some time!!!!
    Vickie - No I can't make it to Pinkstock. I will actually be in Chicago at pinkstock time for a wedding and a baptism. When are you coming to Florida? Mabey we can arrange a get together with you and all the Florida ladies that can make it. It would be so nice to meet some of my CG sisters.
    Well I have a day of laundry, cleaning, and family stuff. Have to take my son for his audition at 4pm.
    Bugs and Fishes,(as Deb would say)
    Sue
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited May 2007
    Hey, Marsha and I have been talking about getting together in Florida while I'm on vacation. If anyone else wants to join us, that would be great! We plan on sipping margaritas and sitting by the pool. We are staying at a resort in Clermont, just west of Orlando.

Jankay, that was hilarious, I seriously almost spit my coffee. I'm sorry home is not a good place for you right now.

Sue, brag away. Any time my kids do something worth bragging about I milk it for all it's worth. That makes up for the times I want to strangle them (jk)

Doing good, Vickie. I can't imagine how hard this is, but I am impressed that you are working so hard to quit. Every day is a victory.

Same to you, Nicki, I wish I could get myself motivated to stick to a diet. Congrats on 11 pounds. You'll get to 25 before you know it.

Sorry about MIL, Liz. Hope she will be ok.

Had 4 15 year old boys sleep over last night. They bought airsoft guns and had a war out side. I guess it kept them busy. This is our last week of school and it's going to be a crazy busy one. I hope to check in daily, but may not post much for a couple of days. You are all in my thoughts and prayers daily.
  • Tricia
    edited May 2007
    Liz, I hope it's nothing serious with your MIL.

I would love to go to a get together of FL ladies!

Sheri, 4 fifteen year old boys? You are brave.

Tricia
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited May 2007

I just post on the recurrence thread and debated about posting here. I've been having so many physical issues and don't know if they are related or just random things. I've had trouble with constipation, then it goes the opposite and comes back. Then there are the lumps that seem to be developing around my mastectomy scar. But the one that really gets me right now is my hip, it is hurting like crazy and it just started all of a sudden! I've had sciatica and this is not it. I've also had inflammation of the sac joint and this is different, too. It just hurts! I don't remember doing anything any different than usual. Of course I'm thinking mets, don't we always? I see the onc Thurs, but am afraid of being blown off like I was with mypcp. Any thoughts?

• neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    Yup, Little Miss is "nappinig" again! I was cracking up at the notes and pictures from you girls!

Question: How the Hell is she supposed to take a nap when DH is pounding the crap out of the kitchen countertops? Yes, they have to come off, but would 2 hours make a difference?!?!
    I've lost track of days and hours! But I'm learning alot too...Like when GD asks for an egg for breakfast, ask what kind! Today I made her a fried egg and she said, "Grandma Didi, it's "actually" supposed to be scrambled." Okay! On the other hand, this is how I woke up this morning. "Grandma Didi, look out your window, It's light out..time to get up." That was so precious!
    Anyhow, DD and SIL are on their way back from Toronto, so I have all her clothes washed, dried and PACKED! She's had lunch and a bath..and I'm thinking Dinner will be TO GO! Heck, might even save them some time and have it all sitting on the porch when they get here!

Hope to catch up with all tonight (or tomorrow). Love and Hugs to all and thanks for the humor to keep me going this weekend!

Hugs,
    Denise
  • PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited May 2007
    such sad news! lets pray next week is kinder!
    puppy
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2007

Dang! I think I'm definitely getting another cold. The back of my nose and throat itches and hurts. Walked to CVS pharmacy and got some Zicam. Seems like Im getting a cold just about every 6 weeks, regular since chemo. So Im not a happy camper right now.

Liz: It never stops. If its not something happening to us, its our parents.

Denise: You go grand ma!

OK! Its back to bed for me. Talk to ya all later.

Nicki
  • newvickie
    edited May 2007
    Here's an idea Denise
    LOL...wouldn't that be a hoot. Only problem is your GD sounds like a pretty smart cookie and you just might end up on the fridge instead of her. What a weekend you've had. Calgon take me away time!
    Nicki...not another cold. Hope the Zicam and sleep kick it's butt. Can't have a sick sunshine sister.
    Sheri...If your doctor pooh poohs how you feel then I would think it would be time to find another doctor. YOU have concerns and HE is the one that is supposed to figure out what is going on even if it is nothing. Thats what they get paid the big bucks for. Sorry it's being so hard for you lately. Sending you a hug.
    Madison...just went to the grocery store and got grapes, mints, lifesavers and ok...chocolate covered raisins...I COULDN'T RESIST!!
    Liz...hope your MIL is ok...let us know ok?
    Marsha...you're being mighty quiet today...are you feeling ok?
    Tricia and Sue...our two Florida girls...lucky you! I hope to come down towards the end of August or beginning of September. I had hoped my daughter was moving home as her marriage has pretty much fallen apart but after talking to her today it doesn't look like it. She loves Florida and hates winter so NY doesn't look very appealing to her. Darn! I can't say as I blame her. I sooo love the ocean. Our Cocoa Beach vacation was a dream. Up at 6am every morning to walk the beach and watch the sun come up. Late night walks to the pier...it was just simply wonderful.
    Where the heck is everybody? No Susan, Jankay (since this morning),Robin, Shel, Alwayshope, NS, CY, etc. etc. etc...you know who you are! Come out of hiding and let us know your ok.
    I'll be back...it quit raining (for the moment) so I have some hostas to go plant.
    Love ya all
    Vickie
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited May 2007

Don't you just Love Duct Tape!!

• RoundTwoinCA
    RoundTwoinCA Member Posts: 74
    edited May 2007
    Hello ladies!

I haven't forgotten you all! I posted on the Recurrence forum yesterday to let them all know how I am and try to give some hope. A couple of CG's responded and reminded me to post here too!

So I am still doing very well. My numbers for my liver are now completely normal for the first time since this all started. My markers have come down tremendously from the beginning and the Arimidex has continued where the chemo left off. I am confident they will be back down to "normal" soon enough. My onc is very pleased and I will be getting a bone density test in a month or so to see if I need to continue with the Zometa. To me that means he thinks my bones are good enough! YAY!

Personally, I feel great - no pain, much less anxiety and a positive outlook on life. I've learned that when the dark thoughts creep in I have to fight to get them out. Unfortunately, as I posted before - that means spending less time here. While there is much love, there is also much sadness - I offer my support when I have enough to give but that is not often since I am sensitive and have to work hard to keep myself in a good place.

I did visit with my brother and mother so they now believe me when I say I'm doing well - they thought I was "putting on a brave face" for them. I told them that they will KNOW when I'm not doing well - because I can be a big baby and will be PISSED!! It was good to go somewhere and do something (other than work) for a change. I also joined a bowling league at work - it's only 6 weeks but boy it felt good to do something that I couldn't do last year. I'm a little sore but it was so much fun!

I've put on a little weight - ughhh - can't really blame the treatments for much - pretty much been eating like a pig but now that my clothes don't all fit, I'm back to the good stuff. My DH and I are still living apart - don't remember if I told the long story - but basically his life has too much drama for me so we live separately. I don't know if we will be together again but this is working out well. His life (meaning his ex and son - both very troubled) continues to be a mess and he's really having a hard time. He doesn't share much to spare me the negativity but I try to support him as much as I can. I only know that while I was involved in it, I was a mess - felt horrible, ended up on Xanax, and evenutally was dx again. I won't say they are or are not related - but since I moved I have been getting better every day.

Other than that, my DD is doing very well in college and I am truly blessed to have her and know that she is blossoming into a wonderful woman. She's had a tough life with my health but is a trooper and has an appreciation of life that many do not. One of the "gifts" we have all received.

I still pop in every couple of weeks - but just know that I am good and still think of you all often. I won't be able to make Pinkstock but will be there in spirit!

Love to you all!! You are some of the precious "gifts" I have received!

Many hugs,

Ginney
  • Sige
    Sige Member Posts: 334
    edited May 2007
    I saw this over in the "Chemosabe March Cruise" thread and loved it...it's wonderful & great advice...

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER - by Erma Bombeck
    (written after she found out she was dying from cancer).

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.
    I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.
    I would have talked less and listened more.
    I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.
    I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.
    I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.
    I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.
    I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.
    I would have sat on the lawn with my new clothes and not worried about grass stains.
    I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.
    I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.
    Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.
    When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now go get washed up for dinner."
    There would have been more "I love you's." More "I'm sorry's."
    But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute...look at it and really see it live it and never give it back.
    Stop sweating the small stuff.
    Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what.
    Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us.
    Let's think about what we are doing each day to promote ourselves mentally, physically, emotionally.

Hugs,
    Peggy

• newvickie
    edited May 2007
    Thanks Peggy...just the reminder we all need!
    Love and hugs
    Vickie
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited May 2007
    Anne I am sending you hugs. Wish I could hug you in person.

I have not talked with Cheri. If anyone has a number in Iowa, please send me a pm. I am trying to call her cell and no answer. I think she is supposed to come back Monday so we should greet her with blew rinks. (that's an inside joke on the party thread)

Robin have you disappeared again??

Odalys so sorry to hear about your friend.

Hi Peggy and Ginney

Jankay, did they tell you what your possibilities were for surgery??
  • marshakb
    edited May 2007
    Sue, we would LOVE to see you the end of June when Sheri comes to Florida. Her dates are June 26-Jul 3 I believe. I am a Realtor so my schedule is pretty flexible. Just a lazy day sipping margaritas by poolside.

Tricia, Sue and I are only an hour or so away from where she is vacationing, what kind of drive would that be for you? I think there are 5 or 6 of us from Florida.

Hey Nicki girl, hope you get ahold of that cold before it gets ahold of you!

Vickie, I spent the last 4 hours on the interstate, took my friend to the airport. Whew, wore me out. You are coming to Florida this summer? Where?

Joyce...hope the party went well !

Liz, what's the news on you MIL? Hugs and prayers to you.

Denise, I remember a couple of days ago you were SO excited, now listen to you. I can just picture her, sitting on her suitcase on the porch, holding her wrapped up dinner in her lap. LOL You're very funny.

Madison, don't you just HATE it when they get sick? They just don't act like we do when sick. Mine just turns into a little boy who wants to be mothered. Geezzzzzzzzz

My dog is here licking my legs, let me go see what it is she wants. BBL Marsha
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007
    thank u peggy i needed that

no surgery