Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited May 2007
    Good afernoon...evening whatever it is where you are ladies,
    OH what a Monday LOL. Just plain tired out today for some reason. Seems to be my constant chant lately..tired tired tired. Sick of being tired. Is there a tired cancer? If there is then I've got it that's for sure.
    Have calling hours for Davey from 6 to 8 tonight and I am going but dreading it. Seems like cancer in the face every second. Having a tough time dealing with it today. Tomorrow is my bilateral anniversary and you'd think I'd be happy to be a year out and still ok but I just feel sad. Anxiety levels at 95percent LOL. Always waiting for the other shoe to drop kind of thing.
    ok...enough whining from me.
    Amy...glad that Peanut if feeling better and can't wait to see pictures of Hey Jude!
    Denise...the job is almost to good to be true but actually is. I don't know what I'm going to do as I have a tough time making decisions too. The only downside to the new job is that I can't take Nathaniel to work with me but the money is soooo much better than what I make now and the benefits are too. A week off at Thanksgiving and Christmas with pay and all the holidays off. I just don't know...will wait and see what happens.
    Cheri...hope your home and safely tucked in with everyone pampering you. Sending you a hug.
    Puppy...how was the appointment? You know how we are...we will hound you till you answer us and we know where you live LOL.
    Who said me and Madison were giggling in the waiting room...we couldn't help it...that old guy in the gown strolling down the hallway was just to funny not to giggle about. She wanted to swipe a couple of wheelchairs and have races as we were waiting but I talked her out of it so we wouldn't get kicked out!
    gotta get ready to go.
    Nickster...I know you'll be to bed before I get home so tellin ya good night, sweet dreams, love ya and see ya in the morning.
    oh...Z...great pictures!
    love to all and I'll be back....
    Jankay...sent you another pm...make me a list of songs ok...pretty please...I love making the cd's.
    Vickie
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited May 2007
    Z......glad to hear the party was a success! The pix were great and I did notice an empty Carona bottle or two.

Denise, my hubby had his plumbing disconnected a couple of years ago also. LOL And don't be silly "nobody likes me". I LIKE YOU, I think you are very funny. And who doesn't like the Queen of the Poop Stories?

Tricia, WOW that is great a 13 on you onc. score. I never had one done cause chemo was a given for me.

Colleen, I worry all the time about the "good" breast. I really really wish I had insisted on a bilat. I asked about it, told that would be "drastic" but after my surgery for a single mast for a 5 cm tumor they found a 1.5 LCIS in the breast they removed that had NOT shown up on ultrasound or mamm. So that makes the other one seem, to me, like a ticking time bomb. Hope all goes well for you.

Nicki, feel better soon. I have always been prone to Bronchitis when I get a cold. That bark of a cough is just awful

Amy glad Peanut is better.

Jankay, this is for you:

A week after their marriage, the redneck newlyweds, Ed and Wanda, paid a visit to their doctor.

"You ain't gonna believe this, Doc," said Ed. "My thingy's turnin blue."

"That's pretty unusual," said the doctor. "Let me examine you." The doctor took a look. Sure enough, Ed's "thingy" really was blue. The doctor turned to Wanda and asked,
    "Are you using the diaphragm that I prescribed for you?"

"Yep, shore am," she replied brightly.

"And what kind of jelly are you using with it?"

"Grape," she replied.

Hugs all around, HI to everyone! Marsha
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited May 2007

Nicki
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited May 2007

How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb?

1. Golden Retriever: The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb?
    2. Border Collie: Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code.
    3. Dachshund: You know I can't reach that stupid lamp!
    4. Rottweiler: Make me.
    5. Boxer: Who cares? I can still play with my squeaky toys in the dark.
    6. Lab: Oh, me, me!!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeze let me change the light bulb! Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh? Huh? Can I? Pleeeeeeeeeze, please, please, please!
    7. German Shepherd: I'll change it as soon as I've led these people from the dark, check to make sure I haven't missed any, and make just one more perimeter patrol to see that no one has tried to take advantage of the situation.
    8. Jack Russell Terrier: I'll just pop it in while I'm bouncing off the walls and furniture.
    9. Old English Sheep Dog: Light bulb? I'm sorry, but I don't see a light bulb!
    10. Cocker Spaniel: Why change it? I can still pee on the carpet in the dark.
    11. Chihuahua : Yo quiero Taco Bulb. Or "We don't need no stinking light bulb."
    12. Greyhound: It isn't moving. Who cares?
    13. Australian Shepherd: First, I'll put all the light bulbs in a little circle...
    14. Poodle: I'll just blow in the Border Collie's ear and he'll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.

How many cats does it take to change a light bulb?

Cats do not change light bulbs. People change light bulbs. So, the real question is:
    "How long will it be before I can expect some light, some dinner, and a massage?"
    ALL OF WHICH PROVES, ONCE AGAIN, THAT WHILE DOGS HAVE MASTERS, CATS HAVE STAFF!

WHY GOD MADE PETS

They help out around the house...

They protect our children...

They look out for the smaller ones...

They show us how to relax...

They "converse" with each other.

They help you when you're down...

They are great at decorating for the Holidays.

They have "great" expectations.

They are Patriotic.

They are happy to "test" the water.

They love their "teddies"

They know who's "BOSS.

AND - They know when we need a good LAUGH!

HAVE YOU SMILED TODAY?????

It is done by moving the corners of the mouth upward.
    LET ME SHOW YOU HOW.............

NOW PASS IT ON, AND MAKE SOMEONE ELSE SMILE!
  • jankay
    edited May 2007
    Marsha I LOVE IT
    I AM GOING TO COPY IT TO SEND TO OTHERS
  • PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited May 2007
    For Your Love CGS!!!
    Nicki when that daggone nurse blew the h$$l out of my viens, I heard her say ouch! I said ya better be carefull
    thats my Tallie Sister, and she has a wicked Finger!!!
    Well we wait bet ya never heard that one before!!!!
    the mammo for the first time showed somthing said he will see more with the mri., the radiologist said he will get in touch with my onc. and get in touch with me in 48 hours or so!!! WTF 6 YEARS OUT!!!!!
    Puppy
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited May 2007
    Puppy, drat, darn, dog-gone-it, rats - oh heck -
    Well, we are NOT going to worry because you ARE going to be okay. You are going to be OKAY. We love ya puppy
    Madison
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited May 2007

80% Puppy. 80% of those scares are nothing. Isn't that what we say to the newbies?????? You hang in there girlfriend..........Marsha

• newvickie
    edited May 2007
    Awww Puppy...nope nope nope...not gonna be bad news. B9 all the way. You are going to be just fine and dandy. Sending lots of love and prayers.
    Love and hugs
    Vickie
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited May 2007
    hi all,
    i talked with Cheri today. she is so anxious to catch up with everyone. She's doing good. In pain, of course, and will be leaving for missouri tomorrow. i have a number for her in the hospital. pm me if you want it.

susan
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited May 2007
    Aww, Puppy, it will be good news! B9 all the way! Please try not to worry.

Denise, I'm looking at my notes and I cannot decifer what I wrote about you .

Tricia, what is an oncotype test? It must have been before my time.

Nicki, hmmmmmm. So you found a new wine. Ecco Domi Chianti? Is it dry or sweet? And do you have to wait for the weekend?????? Oh poo!

Amy, I'm so ggald that Peanut is better. And Hey Jude is eating real donkey food? Yay!

Vickie, I'm tired all the time also. There is just too much cancer crap out there and it weighs heavily on the mind. We are all tired. Sick and tired!

JanKay, pffftttt! You are too funny!!

Eldest son just called and his wife was able to pick up more hours, so they can now afford to pay for childcare themselves. A big load off our shoulders. But, when did life become so hard? I did not work when our kids were young. We did without a lot, but we weren't destitute. Things have sure changed. We were the generation that was going to change the world and we became greedy and f**ked it all up! Life sucks!

I'll try to check in tomorrow. I'm going to watch the season finale of "24". Love you all!
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    Puppy: 6 years out and going strong! You're going to be fine..remember that Radiologists all went to the school of insensitivity. They don't think before they speak and make us worry. I'd play Nicki's trick and be on the phone tomorrow..that's crap saying 48 hours or so.
    Love ya..

Tricia: I like those results!! Now, get the surgery done and you'll be all fixed up!

Nicki: Thanks for the ideas on the flower bed. I've got some ornamental grasses, and the Snap Dragons will be pretty..I didn't think of them! Hope you kick the cold!

Marsha: I knew you'd pick up on the disconnected plumbing!! Great (or sick) minds think alike!!
    Don't worry, I know that I'm Lovable, Cute, Danty, smart (ass), and etc..!

Amy: I don't think I realized that you were still going through Chemo. I feel bad, I must have known, and filed it in the back of my deflated head.
    I'm glad Peanut is feeling better..and Hey Jude has graduated to Grain! (What did he eat before?)

Vickie: Of course your Bilateral date is giving you mixed feelings. That little "what if" will always be with us..but congrats! Look at all you have accomplished in the past year!

I'm going to grab my knitting and sit in front of the T.V. while DH finishes tearing up the Kitchen.

Good night to all!
    Denise
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited May 2007
    Oh Denise, DH got his butt pinched, not pierced!! I pinch his butt everyday whether he needs it or not . Good gravy, who would pierce their butt?
  • susanmcm
    susanmcm Member Posts: 699
    edited May 2007
    Marsha i sure like your silly jokes and you too, Jankay. the sillier the better. I like the pet one. my doggy always makes me laugh. make sure cheri hears the one about the redneck couple. she's partial to rednecks!

let's see, who's waiting for test results, Puppy, Liz, Colleen. hugs and prayers for all you girls. waiting suks.

Nicki i hope you feel better soon. just don't get me started about how unfair all this is. before cancer i was healthy yadayadayada.....

amy glad the kids are doing good.

jan i would assume your dh likes to get his butt pinched!

Tricia glad your oncotype is low. I've been thinking about getting mine done if it is still possible. I'd like to know what it is. it might be too late. does anybody know about that. dx was in 2005.

Denise i'm sure your house will look great though with a new countertop and new gardens. i'm starting to get interested in that kinda stuff for the first time in my life. send us pictures.

Vickie if we stand back-to-back we can prop each other up. I'm tired cause my knees hurt. I'm praying and praying for these knees to get better.

Jankay does this mean they are going to keep looking to find what the problem is. Can they find something to help make it better. I sure hope so. I will be praying for you too.
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    Thanks Jan! I've been out of the loop for a couple of days..Give him an extra Pinch from me!

Hugs,
    Denise
  • PeanutsGirl
    PeanutsGirl Member Posts: 115
    edited May 2007
    Hi all. Had a good pcp appt today. BP was normal, and for the first time since the end of chemo (July 2005) my bloodwork was all in the normal range. I need to exercise more, but who doesn't. And start taking something OTC for arthritis. I'm not on tamox or any AI's, so it was to be arthritis. Oh well, I'm getting old. I'll be goone with my mom for a couple of days. She's having her knee scoped tomorrow morning, and I'll be with her at home for at least 24 hours.

Denise, glad to hear you survived your GD.

Cy, keeping you in my prayers.

Cheri, ditto for a speedy recovery.

Vicki, good for you keep up the good work.

Jankay, the gas story was priceless. Keeping you in my prayers, too.

Sheri, sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your pcp. I've been blessed with mine. His mother is a survivor, his wife's sisters and aunts have had the beast, too. So he's been very aware of what I been through.

Anne, so sorry about your father. That was too quick.

Odalys, keeping your friend in my prayers, too.

Nicki, 11 pounds is awesome. Allergies can cause cold like symtoms. I got bronchitis one year, from a sinus infection that began from pollen allergies. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Liz, how's your MIL?

Beth, hope your drains are out soon. Keeping you in my prayers.

Deb, I can see why you're so involved with the Relay. So many lives around you have been touched by this disease.

Z, belated happy birthday. Sounds like the party was great.

Gina, I hope better days are ahead for you. Keeping you in my prayers.

Actually all of you are in my prayers, those I've named, and those I haven't.

Hugs, prayers, and healing to all.

Laura
  • karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited May 2007
    Good evening CG's
    Tricia - great news - that means no chemo - so happy for now.
    From my understanding about the oncotype test - it is only done if you are node negative. It tells the "relative" benefit for chemo. I didn't have the test (don't know if it was around 15 months ago) as I was node positive, even before surgery.
    Z- great pics - so glad you had a good b'day party.
    Nicki- hope you are feeling better.
    Vickie - hugs on your one year anniversary of bilat. Regarding the new job - maybe ask Nate what he thinks - would he mind terribly if he couldn't go to work with you?
    Denise - enjoy your new counter tops
    MB - happy anniversay - how many years
    Jankay - love the dogs joke
    Puppy - sending you hugs
    Cheri - have a easy ride home - hugs
    To all my other CG's wishing you a good nights sleep and a feel good day tomorrow. Sending hugs to everyone who is having tests or waiting on test result. Karen in denver
  • Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited May 2007
    Hi ladies - just a quick note to say thanks for all your prayers. It's been a very emotional day taking care of things at work. I've been asked to fill in two days a week at the main campus while Liz is on leave. This will certainly add some additional stress...but can't really say no since I've been volunteered. I'm doing so well so I'll just have to take extra care of myself and not take on too much work. I'm so sad for Liz and so scared thinking I too could have a recurrence - there are no gurantees in this journey.

Good night and God's be.

PS: I mailed out a few surprises today. Hope you like them.
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited May 2007
    Sending love to all just too tired to post much tonight!

Gina, thank yo for the card!
  • AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited May 2007
    Flying by with hugs for all. I seem to have a bit of a stomach bug and am not really fit for human company right now....can you say yucka-pucka???

Quick update on Jacob...his liver was only getting blood supply to part of it, so they went in and attached another blood supply graft....I guess that happens quite a bit with liver transplant, so, while they had to do more surgery, it was not a really bad sign. Things look good since the 2nd surgery. Thanks for all the prayers...

Be back when I feel better...

Bugs and fishes
    Deb C
  • DoreenF
    DoreenF Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2007
    for those wanting to know about Oncotype DX - this test is done w/ tissue from your tumor. It analyzes 26 genes and the outcome is a recurrance score and a graph which basically puts you into low, intermediate or high risk of recurrance.

It is for stage 1/2 invasive cancers w/ no node involvement. The idea behind the test is to help determine if you're going to benefit from chemo -or if chemo would be overtreatment ...

If you've already had chemo I seriously doubt that insurance would pay for the test (as they don't all cover it anyway...) and its' an expensive test - $3750 was the charge for it two years ago. I suspect its' still around that price - a single company - genomic health - does the test. Anyway... thought I'd chime in - I had the test 2 years ago and my score was a 19 - which is at the very bottom of the intermediate risk area.

I don't post here in the circle girls often ... but read alot... you are such a supportive group of people ... lots of love ... and caring about people here. I can't keep up with you all though...

Hugs to all of you...
    Doreen
  • rondab
    rondab Member Posts: 87
    edited May 2007

So am I gonna get 50 lashes with a wet noodle for being gone so long? Cookie

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited May 2007
    You are just going to get big hugs for coming back Missed Ya

Deb C
  • newvickie
    edited May 2007
    Good morning ladies, didn't say goodnight and tuck anyone in last night. Came home from the calling hours and Nate wanted to watch "Alladin" so we curled up on the couch and guess who fell asleep. He work me up about 8:30 to say it was bedtime!
    Gotta fire up the magic carpet for Tricia today and swing by and rescue Cheri from the hospital (finally!)...just got my pm with her number so I may call her when I get to work and let her know that I have blew rinks ready and waiting LOL.
    Walking the perimeter this morning...its a whooping 35 degrees on my side of the the circle but supposed to get all the way up to 74. I see Rondab is back and what a wonderful sight that is to see, sneaking up on Nicki's wagon and tugging her blankets off to wake her up, (hope her cold is better today), Deb has a moose and baby outside her wagon (wish I could get pictures), Shel is admiring her tattoo (gotta get her a mirror so she can see how beautiful she really is), Gina is sleeping soundly with kitty by her side (hope she's feeling ok), it's a bit noisy inside Suz's wagon, hmmm...time to send the college girl to "respect your elders" school"...CY is sleeping still so I'll just make sure she's warm and comfy and move on (saying lots of prayers while I'm at it), Madison is up and crocheting her fingers off (she's way ahead of me as I can't seem to stay awake!)...Odalys mailed out surprises yesterday (oh how exciting...nothing better than a surprise in the mail instead of bills!)...Z is still sleeping soundly and recuperating from the birthday bash with her DS (great pictures)...Karen is sleeping still too so I'm leaving her a note that Nate says it's ok if I take the new job cuz we need the money (but I'm not so sure...so indecisive)...peeking in on Jan, oh I wish life were simply again too, would love to stay home with Nate and not have to worry (of course you need a husband with a good job to manage that)...Laura is off with her mom but had a good appointment YEAH for Laura and have a good time, we will save you parking spot...Jankay is stirring in her wagon and trying to come up with some funnies for us today...Marsha has her last chemo tomorrow so she's feeling pretty good and will surely have something funny to pass along...Puppy is worrying and we are gonna have to stick her in the center till the good results come in (only good results allowed)...Denise is up early and excited about getting her new countertops today (we must see pictures!)...Shirley and Jeannie are still cruisin without me (whine whine pout pout LOL).
    I smell breakfast and don't know who's cooking so I think I'll head that way. Coffee brewing, bacon, sausage, ham, omelets, cinammon rolls, homefries, pancakes, you name it and it's all there. Can you tell that all I want to do is eat since I quit smoking (but I'm being careful how much I eat and what I eat)...ONE WEEK TODAY! Whoopie...didn't think I could do it and I still think about it but know if I light up Cheri will borrow Jankays scooter and come to NY and kick my a$$...now that's a scary thought!!!
    One year from my bilateral and it seems like a hundred years and just yesterday all at the same time...so many mixed up emotions this morning! Ahhh...Xanex take me away!
    Love ya all and have a wonderful day!
    Vickie
  • [Deleted User]
    edited May 2007
  • newvickie
    edited May 2007

oh crap I made the page to big...I'll fix it in a bit..sorry ladies.

• newvickie
    edited May 2007

HA...A NEW PAGE...WHEW!

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2007

Hee hee hee: Good Morning Vickie:

Good Morning Everyone: Well I didnt get muc sleep last night. Husband had the television on all night, so I just tossed and turned. Figures right when I get out of bed, he turns the TV off. This is why I say boys are stupid, throw rocks at them.

I feeling better today. I swear this Zicam is almost like a miracle drug. I still have cold symptoms but they are tolerable. Its supposed to decrease the symptoms and shorten the duration. Still have a cough, but its better.

Puppy: Hope you told that nurse I will put the Italian Curse on her. Hoping what they found is nothing serious. They should just order a breast mri in the first place and be done with it.

Jan: Its a dry red wine. Not sweet - I dont like sweet. I have limited myself to wine on the week-ends now. Way too many calories otherwise.

Susan: I dont know what to blame this on. All I know is ever since chemo, I catch colds way too much. This is how I broke my ribs in the frist palce. Coughing from bronchitis.

Laura: I started chemo July 2005 too. Cant believe Im approaching 2 years already. Hoping your mom does well in the surgery.

Odalys: Typical of health care. Wear one new hat, then put on another. But to me that is challenging. The more I work, the less I think about bc.

Karen: The oncotype test is for node negative, er/pr postive bc. It came out about August 2005. Prior to that, many were getting chemo unnecessarily.

Doreen: That was great information on the oncotype test. And nice to meet ya too.

Cookie: Where the heck have you been? I have been missing some of those great meals you used to cook. Hope life it treating you good. Mighty nice to see ya.

Quiet night last night. Hope everyone is doing good. Time to get moving, go for a walk and cook breakfast.

Nicki
  • jankay
    edited May 2007

vicki i am working on list

• [Deleted User]
    edited May 2007
    Vickie: This is a big anniversary date. Things sure looked different one year ago.

Tricia: Good luck with your PS appointment.

Jankay; Good morning sunshine.

Nicki