Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited June 2007
    CherylInC:

• jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    enjoy

Here we are already discussing the future President of the United States in the Year 2008.

For those of you who would like a choice for President, we have a solution:

It is probably time we have a woman as President .

One choice is a very special lady who has all the answers to our problems.

PLEASE give it a thought when you have a moment..

MAXINE FOR PRESIDENT!

Very eloquently put...........don't you think?

Maxine on "Driver Safety" "I can't use the cell phone in the car. I have to keep my hands free for making gestures.".......

Maxine on "Housework" "I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."

Maxine on "Lawn Care" "The key to a nice-looking lawn is a good mower. I recommend one who is muscular and shirtless."

Maxine on "The Perfect Man" "All I'm looking for is a guy who'll do what I want, when I want, for as long as I want, and then go away. Or wait nearby, like a Dust Buster, charged up and ready when needed."

Maxine on "Technology Revolution" "My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!!"

Maxine on "Aging" "Take every birthday with a grain of salt. This works much better if the salt accompanies a Margarita."

"I'm telling you ... she's the perfect candidate."

"The only two things we do with greater frequency in middle age are urinate and attend funerals "

"The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket."

"To err is human; to forgive, highly unlikely."
    "Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos and pierced navels? (Now that's scary!) "

"Money can't buy happiness--but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than a Kia."

"After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching somewhere...you may be dead."

If you don't forward this to ten of your friends within the next five minutes, nothing will happen..but you'll rob them of some much-needed laughter.
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited June 2007
    For Nicki..

• socallisa
    edited June 2007
    OK Nicki..this is also for you as the pics of the guitar factory were lost...

• jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    VICKIE

I JUST GOT SOMETHING IN THE MAIL
  • PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited June 2007

Good Night {{ANGELS}}
    Puppy(no word yet, so it must be ok)
    Breaking News, I got a Afghan today just a short time ago
    will probaly stay up all night looking at it, BUT won't it be wonderful to wake up and see my Sisters right here with me!! God Bless and Thank You so much!! love ya all Puppy
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited June 2007
    Amy, you need to have a talk with Mazer. After they injected me for the bone scan they gave me 2 bottles of water to drink and he kept stealing them from me! There it is again, drink and pee.

Seriously, I am glad this day is done! After the bone scan they went back for more pictures, but not of the place I expected. I thought they would look closer at the ribs, but instead it was my neck. Yes, the neck that has already had 2 MRIs in the past 7 months and I already know is degenerative disc disease. I admit, I still feel much pain there, but if it were mets I think the MRIs would have shown it by now.

PET scan was fine. I think I did fall asleep in the dark room on the recliner with a blanket. Of course I won't know anything until next week, so now that the tests are done I will try to forget for awhile (in my dreams). I still have the appt with the surgeon on Thurs to do an ultrasound. I'm almost scared and feel like cancelling. If there's something there I don't want to know and if there isn't I don't want to waste our time.

Amy, you sound like me after I finished treatments. It just didn't feel right! Your body will appreciate the rest and you will be checked again soon, so enjoy the break.

I also wanted to share this. While I was in the waiting room drinking all the water, there were 2 other ladies. One was with her daughter, but she was a 6 year bc survivor on her last month of arimidex, she had a year of tamoxifen first, and the other was with someone 2 years out who was having a brain MRI. That poor lady just found out she has mets in her femur and liver. She's starting chemo next week and is very positive. It was encouraging to me.

Jankay, what did you get? I can't wait to find out.

All else, have a great evening.
  • PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited June 2007

ok, I know i said good night, but found Nicki's DH a new job, all ya gotta do is work out a deal with socal, and buy him a used guitar!!! I see big money nicki, or at least he can do this on your day's off!!!!
    Love Ya Talie Sis, Puppy
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    Hello all!

Spent the day with my MOM! Some days..........let's just leave it at that!

Liz, Sheri and Puppy: Having tests and waiting for results. Thinking good thoughts for all of you. Let us know as soon as you hear anything.

Tricia: I have my alarm set for the Magic Carpet tomorrow. We'll all be with you and you will be fine! Remember, you have Mr. Boob Man of S. Florida fiddling with you!! {{{HUGS}}}

Gina: I can only picture......SUV and Wig....Witness Protection Program! I love how you always make light of situations!!

Pam: WOOHOO! Promoted to the 6 month club!! Congrats!

Christine: Good for you, a date! Just enjoy........I know it's earier said than done, but you deserve a nice evening out. Just make sure you are home by curfew...yep, when Vickie makes her rounds of the Circle you had better be there and you had better be alone!!!!

Nicki: I had to laugh when I read about your DH and the TV!! I'm here, think you were in bed when I posted last night. I asked you a question about Thyroid....if you feel like going back a page or two! Glad you are feeling better!I pm'd you a bit ago....just a quick 'thought' I had.

Colleen: You have a wonderful Son. How great was that! The article was very touching.......and he is only 11!! Be proud MaMa!

Shokk: As Usual, I loved your message to Gina! Girl, you always make me laugh!! Congested........Mets..........One in the same aren't they? We're all a mess and have the nasty BEAST to blame for it!

Jan: Smartaritas! Maybe you could send me a sample?! Hope your family issues are improving and you have a nice weekend.

Puppy: I had dial up until last year. It sucks! DH complains about the cost of Comcast that we have now....but I will fight until the end if he wants to get rid of it. Of course, I suppose I could work more and help pay for it!!

Amy: Of course it makes sense...to us anyways. Wanting to take a break but being afraid to. I know oh so well about kids and laundry. I swear that is the only threat that I ever stuck with when my kids were teens. I would wash, fold and put in their rooms....I would find half of the clothes still folded in the dirty clothes. I spent so much time looking under beds, in closets and etc. for all their dirties that I would only wash what was in baskets. Then I decided that I was spending way to much time turning things right side out....so I would start washing and folding the same way that I found them...................then I finally just quit doing their laundry!!! Why I stuck with it I don't know..

Robin: A new you!! A new NED you!!! New teeth, boobs and life and you are CANCER FREE!!!!
    All I'm saying is, "Don't ask the Dr. for a Lube Job!" You'll have to figure that one out on your own!!!!

Iris: You sound very Cheerful........hope you have a good weekend! Oh yea, the book....one day when I am famous......

Lisa: Got anything fun planned this weekend? You do interesting things!

Deb: Don't care for the Hot Weather, eh? Glad you survived the in laws and had a good time with your friend! Maybe next time through we can get together!
    Enjoy your Relay....$9500 how Awesome!

Shirley: Just a few new bumpies...How about Calamine Lotion? If they still make it!

JanKay: You dirty little girl!!!!! But I loved it!!

Cheri, Susan, Marsha, Madison and so many others....Where are you????

Hugs,
    Denise
  • neesie
    edited April 2008
    Puppy and Sheri....we were posting at the same time! Sheri, glad your day is over....wait a week....but when they say Scar Tissue..you will relax.

Puppy found Nicki's DH a job!! Love the pics!

Night to all!
    Denise
  • neesie
    edited April 2008
    Oh, one more thing!!!! My detective cap is on..and I will find out who the CULPRIT is that posted someones B'day on the CircleGirl Calendar!!!! One hint..the 'teehee'!!!

Hugs,
    Dick Tracey
  • socallisa
    edited June 2007
    Denise..nothing planned for this weekend..but going to New England next week for about ten days...who knows what I will do?? I will see Susan from chat for lunch and that should be fun...looking forward to it..
    Well you can say you got the MOM day over with..
  • socallisa
    edited June 2007

Sheri...it seems like no matter what they do to us..the results are the same..drink and pee...drink and pee....you are certainly having the gamut of testing ..hugs...

• CherrylH
    CherrylH Member Posts: 189
    edited June 2007
    Happy Friday Evening everyone,
    Iris, I got your email and YES that is the book I was thinking of!. Thank you. These chemo brain relapses are driving me crazy.

Jankay, I will vote for Maxine for President anytime. Better than the real life ones we have running!

Nicki, enjoy your wine, I'm about to join you.

Sheri, glad your scans are done.

Tricia, will be thinking of you tomorrow. All will be well.

Madison and Vicki, wherever you are -- Have a good weekend.

love,
    Cherryl
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited June 2007
    off to dinner will check in later.
    Nicki, just wanted to let you know I have the antihistamine covered. Doc gave me claritin too. It doesn't do the number on me that benadryl does so I filled that instead. Bumpy/blister things are now scabbed over, no new ones today. I'm thinking the generic ambien is the problem. I will give it a few days and take it again with meds close by.
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited June 2007
    Hi, 2 margaritas later and I am ready to stick my head (only part ways) out of the foxhole...I know you understand....been reading....working on afghans....

Take care,
    Hugs, Madison
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited June 2007
    G D it!! I just lost perfectly good post!! I will try to recap!

Nicki, I will join you in a glass of wine. It is good!

BIL just called and I lost my whole train of thought
    Darn it all!!!

Cripes! I will try to catch up later! Love ya all!
  • Biker54
    edited June 2007

Madison, you need the "Smartarita"! It is good for what ails you!

• lizws
    lizws Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    Hi girls, sorry I haven't been posting. Having one of those weeks. Good news is lump is scar tissue per my PS. I'll be back soon.

Hugs
    Liz
  • fd411
    fd411 Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2007
    Evening Ladies,

Sorry to interrupt,

Gina your pm box is full!!

Thank you,

Ferne
  • Biker54
    edited June 2007
    Yay!!! Liz, scar tissue is good!!!!

Good night CGs

• Tricia
    Tricia Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2007
    Good evening,
    Lots of funny stuff today. Thanks, esp Jankay, it is good to laugh. I love Maxine.

Does it seem odd that I have been cleaning the house for the last hour?

We leave at 5 am for Miami. Fine with me, I hate waiting around when I can't eat or drink.

Can't wait to meet Mazur and Distorted Humor!

And I know not to ask the doc for a lube job. LOL

Any other advice?

Thank you again for all the caring and support. DH has instructions to call Beth sometime Saturday afternoon.

XXXOOO
    Tricia
  • neesie
    edited June 2007
    Scar Tissue for Liz!!!!!!

Tricia:{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Denise
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited June 2007
    Tricia, You are GONNA LOVE Mazer and Distorted Humor (and I've never known any doctors to charge extra 'cause those two cause a bit of a Ruckus in the room)....

Liz - We love scar tissue!!!

Ferne, Hello and YOU NEVER interrupt....welcome...welcome...
  • socallisa
    edited June 2007
    Good to hear that Liz...
    Still holding your hand Tricia...
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited June 2007
    Hi girls.
    I got my butt together and was able to go to the Gala of Hope honoring my plastic surgeon tonight. I got there late so I wouldn't have to try to stand up through a long cocktail portion and was able to sit down at the table almost as soon as I came in.

I got to meet bethny! She is really awesome and so much fun!
    I felt good to be sitting with her. I never met a BCO sister before.

I left before dessert because I was fading fast. But i am so glad I got out.

Still don't have my car!!! Had to drive that crazy SUV to the party!!
  • CherrylH
    CherrylH Member Posts: 189
    edited June 2007
    Wow!!We are a very talkative group. 500 pages since NS first posted on 8/21/06. And we're not about to stop talking now!!!!

love,
    Cherryl
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited June 2007
    good evening ladies,
    walking the perimeter but must say that I am only half awake...way past my bedtime.
    Tricia dear...we are all riding the magic carpet with you tomorrow and will be there the entire time. Just close your eyes and imagine us all around you, holding your hand and giving you lots of courage and love. You will be just fine...we know...we've been there and it's so very doable. Hugs to you!
    Most of the wagons are dark, stopping by Liz's wagon to give her a big congratulations hug for scar tissue (hell, scar tissue, thyroid problems, ulcers, arthritis, all great news as long as it isn't the C word!...doesn't take much to make us happy LOL), Peeking in on Susan and asking if she knows where our Cheri is...I miss her as do many others, tucking Nicki in and turning of DH television so she can sleep (he grumbled a bit and I gave him a look that shut him up LOL), Madison is out of the foxhole for a bit and I may join her when she goes back, Ferne came to visit but didn't stay, Gina's wagon is quiet, Deb is home safe and sound, what a relief to have our Deb back, Christine is out on a date and it's gettin pretty late but that's ok...she's a big girl and we'll all hope she having a grand time of it, (she better be home tomorrow though!), Iris is sleeping soundly...alarms activated, Sheri needs more tissues and TLC so I'll stop off there for a minute, Jan posted a beautiful picture...thanks Jan...I love it, peeking in to wish Cherryl a good weekend, Jankay is listening to music (I hope there are some songs that she likes since I wasn't sure), Shirley is still itchy so her wagon is wigglin a bit...some pass her some Calamine lotion so she feels better (I think it's because she didn't pack me in her suitcase to go on the cruise with her...guilt can cause hives too you know LOL)...Colleen is smiling with joy in her sleep over her DS and all he has accomplished...Amy is doing laundry I think!...Shokk is MIA tonight (later alligator)...Robin is plotting and celebrating in her wagon still (good for you)...Denise is recovering from her day and playing Sherlock Holmes (haahaa...now I know when your birthday is!)...Puppy got an afghan and she's tucked in with it in her wagon...oh we love her so don't we! Mazer and Distorted Humor are following me around looking for treats and waiting for the magic carpet ride tomorrow.
    Don't let me oversleep and miss the ride ladies.
    Wayyyyy past my bedtime as you can all tell.
    Wishing you all peaceful, sweet, happy dreams.
    Love and hugs
    Vickie
  • TheShopMama
    TheShopMama Member Posts: 276
    edited June 2007
    ****yawn****
    Too late for me to go on for long. Just checking in to make sure all the fires are safe and hoping Puppy had good news. That wonderful afghan I am sure will make her feel so much better!
    I am at my brother's house. Miles came home tonight and I was so glad he drove those 2 hours. My nephew graduates from high school in the morning and I am so glad to be able to be here. Seems unreal that this time last year it was my Craig getting that diploma.
    I am saying prayers for all of you at this moment, and a special one for tonight's Relay participants. Our relay raised over 80,000.00 this year.
    Our new Breast Cancer Awareness Support group is looking for a name. The ladies want the word pink in it. Come on ladies... any suggestions?
    Love and hugs to all of you... Pam
  • b445
    b445 Member Posts: 980
    edited June 2007
    Still having power issues but I think Dad has over done it so Mom is tasking him to the Hospital to get checked out! It's going to be a long night!I didn't get home til midnight last night. After chemo we drove out to MIl's got her and a few days worth of clothes her microwave and picked up a new sheet and comforter set and took her to the new place. Now I can concentrate on work and going out on the weekends to pack up the old place. Oh yeah and chemo!
    HUbby is getting more hours and was promoted at his job so that will help but it left me to get MIl into the new place. My parents, Mostly Mom and sister and BIL were a big help they moved the big stuff as Dad & I directed!

I'm keeping busy keeping my mind off things. And the wonderful cards you all have been sending bring a smile across my face everytime I open the mail box, THANK YOU!

And I loved the coconut I got in the mail from FL!
    Everyone got a big kick out of it!

I can't stay on long as I need to rest but I have to tell you I got a pixie hair cut and have had nothiing but compliments on it so I know I can do this now!. I've had long long hair for long I wasn't sure I could pull this off, but I kinda like it! I'll try to post a picture if I can get the computer to cool down long enough!

Love you all and there is now way I can catch up at the rate you all are going!

I love you all you are my rock!

Hugs & prayers