Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited June 2007
    Z, the great thing about the wagon circle is that it IS the place to come when you are down....

Everyone here understands....that is why the wagons are always circled.....holding those who need TLC in the center....and when one sister is having a bad time....another sister becomes a cheerleader....then when that sister needs support...we become the cheerleaders....

This is truly a place where we give so very much support to others AND in turn we receive support when needed...

Madison
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited June 2007
    Happy Sunday Evening ladies. I'm sure most of you are in bed with the exception of maybe Cheri who likes night better than day. Haven't done much of anything today except water my wanna be flowers. They aren't dead yet. Surprise surprise. Hubby just went to bed. He is going back to work in the morning and I finally get my house back. I am so looking forward to a day without the TV blasting some race or another. All in all with the exception of the first week when I was planning his death, to the second week of planning my death I think we've got on rather well.

Amy did you try all two hundred beers? I hate beer. Can't get it past my nose. The smell of yeast makes me gag.

Cheri, you just had major surgery. Whine a little already. We can take it.
    Glad Ethan had a grand time with grandpa.

Socal, Big Daddy looks sad to me. Not such a nice surprise. My idea of breakfast is yogurt and a banana. Heavy greasy food just gives me indigestion. But I ate it anyway. Aren't I a good wife.

Cy, I can imagine your tired. Your running yourself ragged. Do you have anyone helping you pack up the house?

Gus, thank you for the prayers for Donna. I second third and forth what everyone else has said. Hang with us. We love you and we GET IT.

Hugs to Liz, see you when you get back. It's good when our babies fly.

Hi Madison.

Nicki, this California girl still doesn't get the pool opening? Do you have to fill it up or something?
    Macaroni in the dish water? Sad to say I've done stuff like that more than I care to remember.

Robin, perky boobs at 90. Now wouldn't that just be a site to see.

Suz, breakfast on the patio sounds lovely.

Colleen, 6/2 seems to be a common day for some of us. 6/2/04 was the day I got my most crappy news. 6/2/07 my little sis got her most crappy news. I say we delete 6/2 from the calendar.

Karen, all I can do is send you giant cyber hugs. I had horrid issues with tamox for the first year that I took it. Tried arimidex then went back to tamox and now the biggest issue is the hot flashes. Have you tried cutting the pill in half or asking for lower dosage. I believe it comes in 10mg pills. Perhaps taking that twice a day instead of the standard 20mg once a day will help.

Vicki, well if you slept the day away you must have needed the sleep. Lazy days are good for us.

Sheri, saw Shrek a few days ago. I really liked it.

Jankay, smart guy

Gina, I would be spitting nails if that happened to me. Good for you for not sitting down and taking it. Shame on them for not taking better care of your baby. Is this a Mini Dealer? Don't think you have to worry about them giving you the wrong car back. Something like that would get them shut down in a heart beat. But they most certainly better fix the problems without flak.

Betty, I don't do baths either.

Beth, praying for JoJo

Shokk, not all auto people are bad. But there are enough bad ones out there to give the good ones a bad rep. My hubby has been in the business for 30 years and takes pride in how well he takes care of his customers.

Denise, glad you had a good day. Sorry about mom.

Iris, glad you got some rain. Nope flowers don't look like anything yet. Most especially like flowers. The lavender and clematis are just two scraggly little things that have been surviving in the backyard all by their lonesome for 5 years now. I probably killed them digging them up. We shall see.

Colleen, it was a nice trip down memory lane.

Hugs to you too Z, sometimes life just sucks beans.

Love and hugs to you all. Off to bed for me. Gonna hear that nasty buzzy alarm clock tomorrow for the first time in 6 weeks. Not looking forward to it.
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    well this is good night. wonder about tomorrow morning i never did mention this but i had a huge fight wsith my caregiver and my sis was going to talk to her. she is my caregiver but my sister hired her. she talked to me in a way that was not appropriate.
    beth we wil put jojo in the center of the circle and she can stay there as long as she needs too.
    shook i hope i dont h ave to pick u up on my scooter and rescue vicki if she cemennts herself to her patio. now that would be comical.
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited June 2007
    Good morning all,
    It's dark, chilly and raining here...makes me want to crawl back in bed and snooze some more but oh well...it's off to work we go.
    Oh Colleen, that's funny...I always say "whats up buttercup" to Sarah and Nathaniel too...wonder where that came from?
    Shokk...hadn't thought of the fact that I could get...ummm..stuck in the concrete LOL. Knowing me it could be a very good possibility.
    Denise...hoping its allergies too...we can't have you sick! I can only spell "runs" anymore too. My grandmother always called them "the back door trots" heehee. She was a hoot.
    Iris...sounds like you better be careful too! I have fell UP stairs more times than I've ever fallen down them. Always been a klutz...always will be...oh well. Feel like taking off all my hats and sleeping today but there is just too much to do!
    Howdy and hugs to Margaret.
    ZZZZZZZZ...I'm sorry your're having a down time. We all do though for such a huge variety of reasons. Sending you a big cyber hug from all the way across the country. We are always here for you to vent...we are sisters and we will do what we can to help.
    Madison...well well...it's about time you popped in! Missed you.
    Cheri...wake up girlie...just cuz you're not goin to work doesn't mean you can play princess and snooze all day LOL. Now you know I'm just teasing you to get your dander up...you'll feel better and you can IM me today at work and yell at me. Gets you adrenaline flowing which makes you happy and reduces pain all at the same time!
    Shirley...laughing about your two weeks with hubby and you both survived. Need another lazy day today...don't know what's up with being so tired.
    Nickster and Jankay...where are you...tweaking your toes before I head off to the shower!
    Wishing everyone a wonderful day and sorry to all I missed...I'd have to get up an hour earlier to post to everyone and there is just no way heehee.
    I love ya all though,
    Vickie
  • newvickie
    edited June 2007

hmm...nobody snuck in ahead of me...am I all alone in cyber world?...now that's a creepy thought. NICKI AND JANKAY...WAKE UP!!

• jankay
    edited June 2007
    vicki
    u beat me]
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited June 2007

Good Morning Sunshine sisters! Im here. You did officially beat me today. Just got myself out of bed and anxiously waiting for me coffee to be done.

Robin: I had my son when I was 17. We sorta grew up together. What is rfa? For the life of me I cant remember what that stands for.

Colleen: Its always easier for me to stay on top of things here in the circle on the week-ends. During the work week - I go through big time withdrawal. Im not walking this morning, cause I need my computer time to catch up with all of you. But before the day ends, I will fit my walking in. With regards to the infamous date 6-1-05. Somehow I feel really connected to you. Seems like we travelled this journey together step by step. Some things I just remember - so I guess chemo brain isnt that bad.

Gus: Sometimes life events take their toll. It wears ya down. You really are such a strong person, its just hiding on you right now.

Karen: Hmmm a couple of things I wanted to tell you. There are specific conditions that will cause your fingers to turn blue "Raynauds Syndrome" is one of many. Its much more commone in women that men. I think seeing a vascular doctor is a good idea. If its something like Raynauds, the doctor will understand it comes and goes. As far as the Tamoxifen vs AI's. If I were you I wouldnt wait until your appointment next month. Call and make an appt with your onc and just have a sit down conversation with him/her. My sister was going through the same mixed feelings you are. Her onc have her samples and the inserts came with the samples. She is on Aromasin and he gave her samples of Femara and then Arimidex. Once she read the inserts, she decided to stick with the Aromasin cause each one of those medications has its fair share of side effects. She said to me at least she knew what the side effects of Aromasin were. Good luck to you. Lots of people feeling blue - wonder if it has something to do with the blue moon the other day. Anyways, sending you a big hug.

Jankay: I loved the Lipstick story.

NS: It sure does sound weird that they kept your car for 2 days for routine service check up - and then it comes back scratched and damaged. I think I would have smoke coming out of my ears about now.

Betty: I dont do baths anymore either. And you should see my trying to get up from the ground when Im pulling weeds. Im a site to see.

Beth: Sounds like you are experiencing the roller coaster rides of this journey. Hoping you have more good than bad days.

Shokk: With all your rain, your gonna need a boat and a paddle. Finially got rain here - thank goodness. I do believe that depression and feeling down is part of recovery.

Denise: Oh Im hoping you dont get this cold. Its a nasty one.

Iris: I have been in love with Paul since 1964!

MargaretB: Im so glad you stopped by. I have been thinking about you all week-end. Hope everything is going well for you.

Z: Well first of all your mom is one year older than me. And as you can see, Im so full of energy I cant stop myself. Sounds like at work, this lady is a negative force to other co-workers. Definitely talk to your boss about it. Just remember - dont make it personal. But it sounds like she is out of control and upper management needs to get involved.

Madison: Waving hello to you.

Sherloc: I have an above ground pool. Here in Chicago it gets closed down in September for the winter. Lots of leaves and stuff on the cover and in the water. Since no chemicals have been put in, right now the water is a putrid green. So we have to remove all the debris on the cover and then on the bottom of the pool. Then we have to shock the heck out of it with algiside, clarifier, and chlorine. The water then clears and become swimmable. Then we have to hook up all the hoses, pull the filter outta of the garage and hook that up. Its a whole big process - and my DH has been lazy about it this year. I want my pool and I want it now. I usually swim laps in it everyday.

Jankay: So maybe your a little uptight this morning having to see your caregiver after having a big argument. One of the biggest problems we have in our country is caregiver abuse. Verbal abuse cannot be tolerated. So I hope things are ok, if not - tell you sister to get you someone else.

Suz: I just wanted to say we are sharing the same weather. Yesterday was so weird. Tropical was a good term. Cloudy, rain, then sunny and humid. I really laughed at picturing your DH hanging the clothes outside. Havent done that in years, but to tell ya the truth, nothing smells better than clean clothing coming off the clothes line.

Well Im off to make breakfast before I hit the shower to go to work. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Nicki
  • newvickie
    edited June 2007

ahh...good morning sunshine sisters...ya had me worried!
  • jankay
    edited June 2007
    , Five (5) lessons about the way we treat people. > > > > > > > > 1 - First Important Lesson - Cleaning Lady. > > During my second month of college, our professor > gave us a pop quiz. I was a conscientious student > and had breezed through the questions until I read > the last one: > > "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?" > Surely this was some kind of joke. I had seen the > cleaning woman several times. She was tall, > dark-haired and in her 50's, but how would I know her name? > > I handed in my paper, leaving the last question > blank. Just before class ended, one student asked if > the last question would count toward our quiz grade. > > "Absolutely, " said the professor. "In your careers, > you will meet many people. All are significant. They > deserve your attention and care, even if all you do > is smile and say "hello." > > I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her > name was Dorothy. >

> 2. - Second Important Lesson - Pickup in the Rain > > One night, at 11:30 p.m., an older African American > woman was standing on the side of anAlabama highway > trying to endure a lashing rain storm. Her car had > broken down and she desperately needed a ride. > Soaking wet, she decided to flag down the next car. > A young white man stopped to help her, generally > unheard of in those conflict-filled 1960's. The man > took her to safety, helped her get assistance and > put her into a taxicab. > > She seemed to be in a big hurry, but wrote down his > address and thanked him. Seven days went by and a > knock came on the man's door. To his surprise, a > giant console color TV was delivered to his home. A > special note was attached. > > It read: > "Thank you so much for assisting me on the highway > the other night. The rain drenched not only my > clothes, but also my spirits. Then you came along. > Because of you, I was able to make it to my dying > husband's bedside just before he passed away... God > bless you for helping me and unselfishly serving > others." > > Sincerely, > Mrs. Nat King Cole. >
    >
    3 - Third Important Lesson - Always remember those > who serve. > > In the days when an ice cream sundae cost much less, > a 10-year-old boy entered a hotel coffee shop and > sat at a table. A waitress put a glass of water in > front of him. > > "How much is an ice cream sundae?" he asked. > "Fifty cents," replied the waitress. > > The little boy pulled his hand out of his pocket and > studied the coins in it. > > "Well, how much is a plain dish of ice cream?" he inquired. > > By now more people were waiting for a table and the > waitress was growing impatient. > > "Thirty-five cents," she brusquely replied. > > The little boy again counted his coins. > > "I'll have the plain ice cream," he said. > > The waitress brought the ice cream, put the bill on > the table and walked away The boy finished the ice > cream, paid the cashier and left. When the waitress > came back, she began to cry as she wiped down the > table. There, placed neatly beside the empty dish, > were two nickels and five pennies.. > > You see, he couldn't have the sundae, because he had > to have enough left to leave her a tip.

> > 4 - Fourth Important Lesson. - The obstacle in Our Path. > > In ancient times, a King had a boulder placed on a > roadway. Then he hid himself and watched to see if > anyone would remove the huge rock. Some of the > king's wealthiest merchants and courtiers came by > and simply walked around it. Many loudly blamed the > King for not keeping the roads clear, but none did > anything about getting the stone out of the way. > > Then a peasant came along carrying a load of > vegetables. Upon approaching the boulder, the > peasant laid down his burden and tried to move the > stone to the side of the road. After much pushing > and straining, he finally succeeded. After the > peasant picked up his load of vegetables, he noticed > a purse lying in the road where the boulder had > been. The purse contained many gold coins and a note > from the King indicating that the gold was for the > person who removed the boulder from the roadway. The > peasant learned what many of us never understand! > > Every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve > our condition.
    >
    > 5 - Fifth Important Lesson - Giving When it Counts... > > Many years ago, when I worked as a volunteer at a > hospital, I got to know a little girl named Liz who > was suffering from a rare & serious disease. Her only > chance of recovery appeared to be a blood > transfusion from her 5-year old brother, who had > miraculously survived the same disease and had > developed the antibodies needed to combat the > illness. The doctor explained the situation to her > little brother, and asked the little boy if he would > be willing to give his blood to his sister. > > I saw him hesitate for only a moment before taking a > deep breath and saying, "Yes I'll do it if it will save > her." As the transfusion progressed, he lay in bed > next to his sister and smiled, as we all did, seeing > the color returning to her cheek. Then his face > grew pale and his smile faded. > > He looked up at the doctor and asked with a > trembling voice, "Will I start to die right away". > > Being young, the little boy had misunderstood the > doctor; he thought he was going to have to give his > sister all of his blood in order to save her. > > Now you have 2 choices. > > 1 Delete this email, or > 2. Forward it other people. > I hope that you will choose No. 2 and remember. > > Most importantly................... "Work like you > don't need the money, love like you've never been > hurt, and dance like you do when nobody's watching." > > NOW more than ever - Peace... Pass It On... > > > > > > > >
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited June 2007

Ladies.........bathroom/kitchen tiles 4X4 are like 99 cents at Home Depot or Lowes. Just about any color you can think or....Marsha

• BRSTN
    BRSTN Member Posts: 165
    edited June 2007
    Good morning,

Not much time for me this morning. I got up late and have to be at work in 55 minutes. Good thing I work less than two tenth of a mile away. And we don't have to dress up.

Z, get thee to the circle middle. Work crap can be so depressing. I have my ups and downs. I started looking for something else and then it got better. I love my job, just one person makes it miserable sometimes.

Iris, my new laptop has Vista also. I'm trying to figure it out, too.

Colleen, I lived in Raynham, MA for 15 months. Never got used to the rude people. The whole experience gave me a very bad feeling toward MA. The &%*(& breast surgeon there was the one who told me to get over it, it's just a fluid filled cyst. Now I walk around with one headlight missing. But I always knew there were good and nice people there somewhere and you have proved me right.

Vickie, I meant to tell you, I'd like to be a part of your tile project. Makes me think that that would be fun to do here (on a smaller scale.LOL) I have a round patio stone that I've been meaning to paint, but now maybe it would be fun to make a mosaic on it.

Better run, Hugs to all. I love you guys.

Betty
  • shokk
    shokk Member Posts: 790
    edited June 2007

Good morning sweet sisters.........Well the youngest is up and going to freshman band camp this morning........Friday was the school district's last day and it amazes me that so many teachers are so dedicated to what they do.........the band director doesn't even take a few days off before he starts to get the freshman ready for the fall...........he has set aside two wks in July and asked the parents that if they have vacation plans to try and do it then.......Z its good to see you........its funny about spouses.....I was recently divorced just before dx and my ex had broken up with his psyco girlfriend and wanted to know if I would be willing to try again at our marriage but of course there were several reasons but decided against it and I think I wanted him to remember what I looked like before I had bc....not what I look like now........but you know what Z you are a beautiful woman........I believe that there are some web sites for special sexy garments and underwear that are for just this kind of situation........I don't remember maybe check out the mojo thread from the beginning or maybe Fitchick might know you could pm her...........going to refill coffee cup.....brb......

• marshakb
    edited June 2007
    GM gals, wow, took me a long time to read and get caught up from the weekend!

Went to Cedar Key to visit my girlfriend. She had a stroke 4 years ago (age 39!). She has a local bar there where everyone knows her and looks out for her when she comes in. Anyhoo there was a group of guys in there, bachelor party and the groom to be had a big blow up sheep tied around his waist (????). After I pet his sheep and gave him marriage advice (learn to graze as good as your sheep can) I said to the bartender, Don't you have rules in this place, you let a guy go around with a sheep tied to his waist??? Bartender said the only rules were: no fighting and no getting naked. So when the band started playing a ZZ Top song, I jump up on my bar stool and start dancing. He's so busy he doesn't notice at first and finally figured out WHY the entire bar is cheering and makes me get down. I said I'm not naked and I'm not fighting. He's about to have a heart attack so I get down and everyone boo'd him. Visual: little skinny bald girl dancing on her barstool.

Vickie: DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS!! I have great balance and I don't think you do. LOL

Have a great day everyone!!!! Hugs, Marsha
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited June 2007
    Morning sisters. Hubby went to work early this morning so I'm up at the unbearable hour of 3:40!!!!

Z, so sorry you are having a difficult time right now. It's so hard when parents are ill. I had a tough time last year with my mother. She seems to be doing ok now but the stress was really hard, and when you thrown in your work issue, makes it tough.

Jankay, hope things are ok between you and your caregiver.

Vickie and Nicki, I was going to try to beat you both posting but it didn't work.

Everyone have a good day and I'll catch up tonight.

Margaret
  • shokk
    edited June 2007

Hey Sherloc I know there are plenty of good car professionals.......I had a auto mechanic here in my small town.....I had an older big suv that I loved.......he not only kept it running in excellent condition but also kept it passing inspection.......I went to him for 5 yrs and then he closed his shop and moved out of state.....broke my heart....sold the suv and had to move on........I think so much of not knowing about something......cars, air/heating systems, etc.....its hard to find someone that you feel you can trust.......come to think of it that includes spouses....oh well.......Marsha you do realize that you have cancer right........the only "bar" we have in town is a "Chili's" and I'm not sure but I don't think its a happening place but you're right I don't think standing on bar stool and dancing is something most of us should try.....brb....

• marshakb
    edited June 2007

No Shokk, I had a mast to get rid of the cancer and chemo and tamoxifen for an insurance policy. I had cancer and now just plan on living my life like there's no tomorrow. I now find something beautiful in rainy days. Not always, I have my down days too. BTW I danced on bars before bc. I'll dig out the pix of me and my girlfriend in an Irish pub in NYC last June dancing on the bar and post it for you. LOL Marsha

• shokk
    edited June 2007

Marsha you are the best........I'm not sure how old you are.....actors never look their age......but you have the kind of attitude I wish to God I possessed......now wonder your friends and you are such a tight knit group......if I ever get back to FL I am so looking you up.......

• shokk
    edited June 2007

Hey Margaret its good to see you checking in with us.....I miss you when your awol.....Wish LisaElder would check in as well....Betty its good to see you check in......brought a smile to my face talking about the bath situation....when does this stuff happen.....I usually shower simply for time but ever once in awhile it feels so good to soak in the tub......not a pretty situation in trying to extract oneselve from the tub.......phone brb....

• shokk
    edited June 2007

Colleen.......glad you had good experiences here in Dallas......I was actually born in Ft. Worth but my parents moved to Dallas when I was 9mos old and my mom still lives in the house I grew up in........I have to tell a few back stories.....the first sitting in a first grade class room in November 1963 and watching on closed circuit tv a handsome young President visiting our city....watching in horror as hearing something that sounded like firecrackers......the president's car had gone behind a large street sign.....and seeing Jackie Kennedy jump out of her seat and going on top of the trunk of the car and retriving something......of course later we found out she had gone back there to get her husbands back of his head.........my teacher went running and screaming out of the classroom and never saw her again........she never came back to teach and we got a new teacher.......it was such a tramatic.......brb........

• newvickie
    edited June 2007
    just dropped puppy off for a haircut...geez, it cost more to get his hair cut than mine!! Guess I'll go there and get my hair done next time and see what it is that they do that is so special LOL.
    Jankay...thank you for the card...you made my morning and I plan on keeping both feet firmly planted on the ground.
    Marsha...oh I can't wait to come to Florida and meet up with you. I am thinking of staying two weeks...maybe. There is no way you'd get me up on a barstool dancing LOL. I'm currently afraid to step out of the shower! I can't wait to see the pictures!
    Shokk...hmmm...you'll have to plan a trip the same time as mine...can you imagine all of us together.
    ok...gotta go back to work before I end up on the street corner.
    BBL...hugs all around
    Vickie
  • purplemb
    purplemb Member Posts: 593
    edited June 2007
    Ok got to say GM...too much work to chat but don't want the posse out looking for me....

hugging all those in need of one...and praying hard everyday for all of you...

hugs MB

looking for a safe and propserous street corner...lol..
  • socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited June 2007
    Good morning ladies from sunny S. Calif..

We too have to take our cars in this morning for work..we have had the same mechanic for over thirty years now and truly appreciate him!! He won't work for dealerships because he feels the ones in our area are all ripoffs..
    Even our adult children who live nearby take their cars to him..

I am busy trying to get stuff ready for our trip..lots to take care of!! But, I am off this morning to play ladies doubles tennis..we don't play very hard but have fun. I remember when I was down and out, playing tennis again seemed like an unobtainable goal..so now that I can play again, I enjoy and appreciate every second...

Have to take off now..Hugs,
  • shokk
    edited June 2007

Geez sorry guys.......a very tramatic experience.......I found out a few months later that my parents had voted for the Barry Goldwater and I really thought that they had something to do with President Kennedy's assasination ......when I was in first grade I had to go to speech.....(imagine that) and had a speech teacher that was from NYC.....she was determined that her students were not going to talk country Texas accents........so I really don't have that country accent or so I thought.....3 yrs later my parents, brother, and I were visiting NYC and I had stopped at one of the newsstands (thought that was great...didn't have that in TX) to get a candy bar and the lady asked were I was from and I'm 9 said I was from Dallas, Tx and she looked at me and said I'm sorry but I don't sell candy to murders from Tx you killed our President.......I'm standing there and I tried to tell her that I didn't kill JFK......but she wouldn't listen....I'm thinking that she thought a 6 yr old girl from Tx had killed JFK.........never told my parents what happen......still love NY....later as I got older I realized of course how painful that whole story was for all of us here in this country..........brb........

• PeanutsGirl
    PeanutsGirl Member Posts: 115
    edited June 2007
    GM all, Have a prayer request. DH wants a different teaching position. He's very unsatisfied where he is now. Of course, teaching jobs in MI are hard to come by right now. Just found out yesterday that the private HS 2 blocks from our home has science and math positions open for the fall. He's applying today. I think he really want this job.

Keeping all of you in my prayers. Hugs and Healing.

Laura
  • newvickie
    edited June 2007

Sending prayers for you DH Laura...that sounds like a perfect position and only two blocks from home is great!!

• cmb35
    cmb35 Member Posts: 554
    edited June 2007
    shokk - Oh my goodness! What a crazy traumatic event all around for you!! I just watched some of Mermaids (with Cher) this weekend and there is a scene where the kids are in school and a teacher comes in to say that JFK had been shot. I was only one month old when that happened, I can't even imagine being a kid and trying to comprehend that. And what happened to you in NYC, well that is just completely crazy.

OK, didn't really read and have been playing hooky all morning so I have to scoot, be back later to catch up and post more....
  • lv2cmp
    lv2cmp Member Posts: 899
    edited June 2007
    Good Morning all,

Shirley-nope I didnt try all 200 cause there are just some that I dont care for so I skipped those. I used to not like beer either but something happened along the way and now I do.

bikerjan-awww you have magic hat? I drink it when I go northeast but lil ol Alabama doesnt have it.

Lisa-I will for sure let you see the website when it goes live. I will need lots of input so that it looks nice.

Iris-I did not get the wireless hooked up yesterday. One of the showers had a leaky faucet so I took that apart and went and got the parts that I needed to repair it. Not really sure what happened to the rest of the day but I know it involved dinner out and relaxing with a pitcher of beer. Oh the beerfest was in birmingham at Sloss Furnace. Your rain dance helped. We got rain last night. wooohooo, I was excited.

Shokk-glad to see you out of the closet today. There is hope for you yet.

Marsha-you're a nut! I like that. I would never dance on a bar stool but I would love to be there watching and laughing.

Vickie-hopefully the soreness will start going away soon. Tailbones hurt, I know for a fact.

Madision-glad to see you peeping out of your wagon for a bit. Hope things are better for you.

Sue/gus-nothing better than hanging out in the circle thats for sure. It brightens my spirits to come here.

Robin-lol perky boobs at 90.

MB-let me know if you find a good street corner.

Margaret-wow thats an early alarm clock. I might have to shoot it.

Betty-your morning sounds like mine. I think I always get up late though. This morning Beaner the boston terrier decided she didnt want to come back in the house so I had to go out and get her and then she wants to run and play. I didnt have time for that but I couldnt help but laugh at her. Shes so funny.

Cy-your pics are wonderful and I love the new do.

Z-hope the meeting with the boss goes well.

Cheri-so how many fish did they catch? You will have to post a pic for us to see.

The cruise has landed now and they are on their way home. Daddy had to go to the infirmary on the ship and they think he has pneumonia which he just got over probably a mnth or so ago. Dr has already been called and they are going directly there. I wouldnt be surprised if they put him in the hospital but my dad will try to fight it.

Thats about all thats going on with me this morning but its early so that can always change.

Amy
  • sherloc
    edited June 2007
    Good Morning Ladies. Told hubby I would get up and make him breakfast to start his first day off right but he didn't wake me up. Guess he wasn't hungry. Or more likely now he's pouting cause I didn't hear the alarm?

Vicki, keep your feet firmly planted today. Remeber 3 points of contact.

Nicki, thanks for the explanation. That makes sense. Hope hubby gets it "opened" for you this week.

Marsha, tiles at home depot. gotcha. Now what do I do with it?
    Same as Shokk, you are definately on my who to see list next time I come home for a visit. Don't think you'll be able to coax me up on a bar to dance but who knows with enough blue drinks in me.

Shokk, sorry that you lost your mechanic. Hubby was a mechanic for many years. Had his own shop when we first got married, then moved on to work for other small shops for many years. Has been at the local dealership for the last ten years. Started as a mechanic and is now a service writer. Hmmmm all I can say is dealerships have their crappy rep for a reason. Butttttt it does provide us with a good living sooooo
    Thats quite the memory. I've always thought it odd that we remember the traumatic things from our childhoods so vividly. Would be nice to have the same for the warm fuzzy moments.

Saying a prayer for hubby Laura. Good luck to him.

Guess I'll go bring the man some food. Going back to Curves this morning. First time since I got my rib owie. HOpe I don't break anything else. Wish me luck.
  • sherloc
    edited June 2007

geez a whole new page in two seconds. I'll be back

• zazette15
    zazette15 Member Posts: 223
    edited June 2007
    Good morning CG Sisters!

I just wanted to get on real quick and send some peace and support to my sisters who have stuff this week:

Marsha follow up BS appt: All will go just fine.

Jan has onc appt: Sneaking in behind you, under the table or behind the door, but I'm there with you.

tgirl plastic surgeon consult for stg 2: Stay positive, works of art take time, and you truly are a work of art.

Pam echo and heart doc: Now the doc will get to see what we already know, You have a big wonderful heart!

Robin appointment with radiologist to schedule RFA of Liver: Keep your head up! Right there with you girlie!

Tgirl 2yr mast anniv.- Wow, 2 years! Here's to making it like a pro.

jpann-hystorectomy 6wk followup: Good luv to you, all will be just fine.

Sheri US with surgeon: Hiding under the table for you too, never feel alone.

CY Chemo: Remember, chemo is your warrior to fight the evil that is Cancer! Fight on Sister, fight on!

Robin to dentist to have 4 front teeth pulled.. Jello, pudding, soft stuff. Sorry you have to go through this.

Sheri and Sean(dh) 22 anniversary: Happy Anniversary, Happy Aniversary, Haaaaappy Aniversary!