Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    YEH ROBIN FOR STANDING YOUR GROUND!!!!!!!!!
    GOOD LUCK ON THE ONLINE SCHOOL I THINK MY BROTHER IN LAW USED SOME ONLINE SCHOOLS AND IW ILL SEE HOW HE FOUND THEM AND WHICH ONES HE USED
    Z IS OK BUT I AM WORRIED ABOUT HER. SHE IS DEPRESSED BUT SHE DOESNT WANT TO TALK HERE BECAUSE SHE WANTS TO HELP SISTERS INSTEAD OF BEING HELPED.
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    VICKIE;

YOU ARE HARD TO CATCH!!!! I SENT YOU A 'SPECIAL' LITTLE PACKAGE...THEY TRIED TO DELIVER IT TODAY....THEY LEFT YOU A NOTICE....I DIDN'T REALIZE YOU HAD TO SIGN FOR IT!!!! IT WON'T HOLD UP TO SITTING IN PO FOR LONG SO PLEASE GO GET IT!!!!

DIDN'T WANT TO TELL YOU, I MUCH RATHER SURPRISE GIRLS WITH A LITTLE SOMETHING....BUT I KNOW YOU ARE NOT HOME DURING THE DAY.

HUGS,
    DENISE
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    People come into your life for a reason, a season o r a lifetime.>When you know which one it is, you will know what to do for that person.>When someone is in your life for a REASON, it is usually to meet a need you>have expressed.>They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with>guidance and support,>to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually. They may seem like a>godsend and t hey are.>They are there for the reason you need them to be.>Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,>this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.>Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.>Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.

>What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled,>their work is done.>The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.>

[]>Some people come into your life for a SEASON, because your turn has come to>share, grow or learn.>They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.>They may teach you something you have never done.>They usually give y ou an unbelievable amount of joy.>Believe it, it is real. But only for a season.>[]>LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons,>things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.>Your job is to accept the lesson,>love the person and put what you have learned to use in all other>relationships and areas of your life.>

It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.>[]>Thank you for being a part of my life,>whether you were a reason, a season or a lifetime.>[]>_____________________________________________________
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    I'll try to get back in a bit...But must say HOORAY to Puppy. No Cancer....anything else is workable!!

Love ya,
    Denise
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited June 2007
    evening ladies,
    Denise...I just got the mail...they left my mail at the neighbors AGAIN!!! I will pick up the package tomorrow...I'm so excited now!!! thanks and hugs to you too!
    brb
  • RobinTN
    RobinTN Member Posts: 466
    edited June 2007
    Thanks Jan,its about time I stood up for myself dont you think?..
    Would you pm me z's number I would like to call her.I have been depressed to the point of wanting to die before,then came here and talked about what was on my mind and got my friends support and immediatly started to feel better.Tell her we are here for her and not to think she cant talk to us cause she can.
  • cmb35
    cmb35 Member Posts: 554
    edited June 2007
    Hey Girls

OK, this is continuing to be kind of a crazy busy week for me, and I'm getting aggravated that I feel like I keep popping in here really fast, reading posts really fast and not quite absorbing everything.

Great news Puppy!

Everyone - thanks so much for your kind words about Warren and his orchestra recital. It was really cute, and it is pretty funny to me that he plays the cello.

Sorry to do the "everyone" post, but we just got home from baseball and I need to get Warren into bed because we have Relay tomorrow night. I'm hoping I can get back on later tonight and have some time to really catch up.

Love to you all xoxo

PS. Iris - thanks for the card! That was SO nice and I can't even tell you how good it made me feel. You're so sweet. xoxo
  • suzfive
    suzfive Member Posts: 126
    edited June 2007
    Fixing dinner - just want to say woohoo to Puppy! Great news.

Supposed to get some bad storms so see you all tomorrow.

Suz
  • Sandra1957
    Sandra1957 Member Posts: 1,064
    edited June 2007
    Z-This is where you come when you need help. Later when you're feeling better than you reciprocate. I can tell you from experience that it feels so much better once you let it out. Last summer, I call it my "boobless summer of 06", I was miserable. I was drinking much more than I care to remember and I felt pretty darn bad. Everyone here helped. I don't know what I would have done without this place.

Hi Robin-You, young lady, continue to amaze and inspire me.

puppy- sounds like you've got some good news. congrats!

haven't gone back to read - still feeling a bit blue, but also now feeling a bit flu-like. Hoping for my reschedule, but I guess I best get rid of this bug first.

Prayer to all,

lini
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited June 2007
    All the results are in and everything is FINE. Yes, I should be doing the happy dance, but instead I came home and had a major melt down. Being extra tired from last night's no sleep and all the stress just got to me. I was MAD-mad at all the time and money I wasted on the tests, all the time I wasted stressing about the results, and mad that I can't just be happy. What is wrong with me! I am so tired of being obsessed with all of this. Dh said all the right things. He came up and hugged me and said he was happy because it means we have more years together. He's not very demonstrative, so it was pretty special.

I may try to take a board break for awhile and see if I can find a way to stop thinking about cancer so much. I seriously think I'm becoming a hypochondriac.

I was so upset at the surgeon's office with myself that I left before I even made an appt. I just decided I didn't want anything more to do with drs.

I love you and probably won't be gone long, but if you don't see me for awhile, don't worry. I am NED and have to learn how to live with it.
  • tflowers
    tflowers Member Posts: 232
    edited June 2007
    Puppy...I'm soooooohappy. You have been on my mind all day little girl and you threw the nurse under the bus I hope.!!!
    Ok now I can read the rest of the posts. XOXOXOXOXO
  • Sandra1957
    edited June 2007

Sheri-I hope that you have better results with your board break. I tried, but still having trouble "moving on". Don't be too hard on yourself. I cried today because my surgeon was in operating on someone else when I called to see when this state of pre-surgery limbo will end. Roller coaster ride continues.

• sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited June 2007
    Jan, dentist has already said no to veneers. I have really big teeth with really wide gaps. Veneers would just look silly. Gonna talk to him tomorrow about them again tho. We shall see what can or can't be done.

Manperson still not home from Sacramento. I have enjoyed my day to myself. Ran some errands and spent the rest of the day working on the quilt.

Tomorrow is gonna be busy busy. Have gyn appt in morning. Yippee for me. Lunch with a friend, then dentist in the afternoon. It's gonna be a long day so gonna go to bed early again. Hoping everyone has a fabulous night and wishing I had been a fly on the wall hearing nasty nurse get chewed out. See you all tomorrow.
  • Sandra1957
    edited June 2007

Is it roller coaster or rollercoaster?

• Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited June 2007
    Hey everyone!

Karen, that was great!! Thanks! Hope you are doing better today. I worry, since I have the same hand issues that you do.

Robin, You go girl!!! Way to stand up for yourself! I can't believe anyone would think you were a meth head! One of our patients thought I had joined some weird gang when I was bald, lol! F%*k EVIL! I hate him!!! The earth should just open up and swallow him. You will survive.

Kristin, good luck at open mic night. You will knock em dead!

Jankay, tell Z to get her sorry butt back here where we can all give her a big hug. We are here for a reason!!!

I saw the therapist at my onc's office yesterday. It was interesting. I think I will go back for another visit. She is a 2-time bc survivor and that made talking to her very easy. I have been very depressed lately and I thought I may need an antidepressant. I'm not so sure now. I think if I can work through several issues, I'll be fine. She did suggest that I ask my onc for a scan. I can't stop thinking about a recurrance and he does not do scans. It would put my mind at ease.

I hope everyone is doing ok tonight. If I did not mention your name, please don't think I am not thinking of you. It is just too much to keep track of right now.

Bugs and fishes, Deb!
  • tflowers
    edited June 2007
    Robin...I am really amazed at how much you've progress since coming on board. I wish I had sum of your "balls"
    I always have something smart to say but if someone were to yell at me. I shrink.
  • newvickie
    edited June 2007
    ok...I'm back again. Just wonderful...now the "back door trots" have struck...does it ever end! This has NOT been my week but I suppose it could always be worse so onward and upward I'll go.
    Have to go in tomorrow at 11 and have my ribs/shoulder checked out. Great...supposed to be in the 90's and I was actually looking forward to being in my air conditioned office all day. Tried to get it early but no luck...doc called me after hours and told me he had already set it up. oh well.
    Karen...oh...thank you for the postcard! It's been an exciting mail day...a surprise at the post office from Denise, a postcard from you, a card from my secret pal and two beautiful granny squares from Jankay to make into an afghan! I'm glad my neighbors brought my mail to me!!! Of course I kinda wish they'd have kept the bills LOL.
    Puppy...I am so happy to hear your news. I just know that all will be well.
    Shokk...come out come out wherever you are!
    Amy...just sending you a hug. You need a vacation!
    Whoa...there goes Kristin flying by!! Hi Kristin!!
    Jankay...the afghan squares are beautiful. I will work on them next. It will be grand...you'll see. Thank you.
    Robin...heehee...just imagining you telling someone off! I am the same way lately. I just have zero tolerance for anyones nastyness and it doesn't bother me in the least to speak up and say so. I have never been one to "rock the boat" so to say but now I just simply don't care.
    Karen...hope your dad is ok? Have you heard anything lately. Keeping him (and of course you)in my prayers.
    Cheri...it's later...where are you? I got a kick out of your emails today! I love it.
    Shirley...so sorry about your SIL's parents. That must have come as quite a shock! How do you spend 30 years with someone and just stop?
    Nicki...that is exactly what board withdrawl looks like. Cigarette withdrawl too LOL. Still haven't touched one and don't intend to.
    Still no Christine I see...wonder what's up with that.
    OH my tomorrow is Fosamax Friday ladies so get ready tonight.
    Sayin howdy to Madison, Susan, Liz, Iris, Mena, Shel, Sheri, Laura, Suz, Gina, Z (you don't need to lurk...come tell us your worries and we will help you for a change...it's what sisters do you know!), Betty, Jasmine, Margaret,Tracey... everyone! I don't know what I'd do without you.

I have to tell you though that I got a very nasty email so I will be removing my email from my home page. You can pm me if you want it or need it. Was told I was selfish and self centered for worrying about a little rib pain when others had so many worse problems and I should grow up...really was a bit of a slap in the face and I don't know who it came from but I'm not going to leave my email here for all to see and I'm sure as hell not going anywhere so if you are reading this...kiss my sweet ass!
    To all my wonderful sisters who help me, support me and take care of me when I need it...I will ALWAYS be here for you for whatever you need! If I can't supply the help you need I will find some one who can...that is my promise to you all.
    Sweet dreams to all
    Love and hugs all around
  • newvickie
    edited June 2007
    Lini...well that horses a%%...how dare he put someone ahead of you! I hope you can give him a piece of your mind soon...I'd tell him he'd better plan on working overtime to take care of you. Hugs and love your way!

Tgirl...heehee...picturing Puppy throwing the nasty nurse under a bus...too funny.
  • Sandra1957
    edited June 2007
    That's funny Vickie, letting someone kiss your sweet ass sounds pretty unselfish and giving to me. Doesn't sound like a 'circle' girl to me that sent that email, may be a jealous lurker.
    Keep an eye on your snail mail.
  • Biker54
    edited June 2007
    Sheri, don't be too hard on yourself. We have all been through the "funk" and it sucks. If you need a break then take it! If you need to come back , we will be here for you!

Shirley, I don't know what else to tell you. What about crowns? Although I'm thinking if your teeth are so wide-spaced, there may be nothing they can do . I wish I could help you.

Everyone take care!

Good night to all!
  • newvickie
    edited June 2007
    I don't think it was a circle girl...there is way to much love here. Gee...was pretty unselfish to let some kiss my sweet ass wasn't it. Hadn't thought of that.
    Think I'm getting the flu too...feelin rather funky.
    Sheri...sending you a hug...we understand.
    (note to Tammi and Melissa...I mean ass as in the animal type ass so please don't delete me ok)
    shhhh...you all know I'm lying!
  • Biker54
    edited June 2007

Vickie, WTF!!! Who would send such a nasty email??? Who ever did that.......Get an f'in life!!!! Got your back, girlfriend.

• Sandra1957
    edited June 2007

yea, mazer or tazer, or who ever that donkey is. lol!!

• newvickie
    edited June 2007
    hee hee...probably Mazer! With the weight I'm packing on all of a sudden it would be about the right size LOL.
    Thanks Jan...I would seriously trust each and every one of you with my life.
  • tflowers
    edited June 2007
    Vickie...I know who it was...the nurse from Puppy's doctor.hehe. People are just amazing and should just back off of people when they're scared. Let Robin deal with them.
    Must go watch smallville and drool over young men.xoxo
  • Tricia
    Tricia Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2007
    Evening ladies,

Sheri, I am so sorry you are having such a hard time right now. I wish I knew what to say. Sending you extra hugs this evening.

Puppy, what great news! I am so happy for you.

Karen, I hope it is not serious for your Dad. I am so sorry your Mom had to go lay a guilt trip on you. I understand. And I loved the poem. Hugs

Cheri, I hate when that happens. I save after every few lines. What a pain.

Robin, I love how feisty you are!

Kristin, that is so cool! What kind of music do you perform?

Z, missing you.

Lini, I hope you feel better soon.

I saw this today; it's probably old, but it cracked me up.

There is a dangerous virus being passed around electronically, orally, and by hand.

This virus is called Worm Overload Recreational Killer (WORK). If you receive WORK from any of your colleagues, your boss, or anyone else via any means DO NOT TOUCH IT. This virus will wipe out your private life completely.

If you should come into contact with WORK, put your jacket on and take two good friends to the nearest grocery store. Purchase the antidote known as Work Isolating Neutralizer Extract (WINE) or Bothersome Employer Elimination Re-booter (BEER). Take the antidote repeatedly until WORK has been completely eliminated from your system.

You should spread this warning to five friends. If you do not have five friends, you have already been infected and WORK is controlling your life.

Back to the ps tomorrow. I don't think the drain will come out based on the amount of fluid. Not a big deal. Just hope I don't have to wait for hours to see her.
    Does Mazer help with that??? LOL
    Tricia
  • Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited June 2007
    Vickie, Jan is correct.....
    WE HAVE YOUR BACK!!! Heck has no fury like the wagons circled around one of our sisters!!!!
    I agree, it must be a lurker....
  • Biker54
    edited June 2007
    Yes Madison, spoken like a true sister!!! We all have eachother's backs. I think it may be a lurker also. No B*lls to stand up and speak their mind to our faces!!! Vickie, just IGNORE!!!

Gotta go to bed now. Up way past my bedtime. I am such an old fart.

Night night!

Nickie, DH brought home a wine today from one of his subcontractors. Castello Brolio Chianti. It is really good although I think it may be expensive. I am drinking it as we speak!
  • Tricia
    Tricia Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2007
    Vickie, I can't believe someone would do that! What a cowardly ass.
    You are so loved here, and so generous, so caring.
    XXXOOO
    Tricia
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited June 2007
    Evening

Cheri - thanks, great hug!
    Beth - Hugs to you. Sorry this is so hard. It will get better I promise.
    Suz - So sorry about your aunt.
    Shirley - The molds don't hurt. Hurrah for alone time.
    Amy - Saying prayers for your dad.
    Karen - Praying for your dad too.
    Liz - Glad MIL is better.
    Puppy - Yippee to B9!!!!! Sorry I can't interpret your results for you but YIPPPEEEE for B9!!!!!!!!!!!
    Karen - Sorry the Tamox is being so hard on you. Love the poem.
    Nickie - Deep breath!
    Robin - Good for you!
    Sheri - Hugs to you. We understand.
    Z - We are here for you too!
    Lini - I don't know and HUH?
    Jan - If a scan will ease your mind then push for it.In some ways I would like to ask for one but the fear of results would paralize me.
    Cheri - Well it's later!
    Vickie - OMG What is wrong with someone to send an e-mail like that!!!!! I just don't get it.
    Hi to all I missed. Going to pop around the threads for a while BBL.
    Hugs,
    Sue