Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited June 2007

Good Evening Everyone: It has been a wonderful day. The CEI presentation went good. It was fun. Im taking a second look at whether I want to change jobs or not. I know if I changed I could make alot more money, but darn - I was home by 3:00pm. So basically worked 6 hours.

Marsha my friend! OUCH! Ahahahahahaha!

Puppy: So sorry to hear about your SIL. It certainly has been a rough week for you.

MargaretB: I am just so upset and disappointed. Actually appalled. I didnt see the news on this person but Im hoping the hospital and their staff get into trouble for this one.

Tgirl: hahahahaha just for you.

Madison: Flight or fight. Its a natural phenomena. Our bodies are truelly amazing.

Tracey: Oh I miss you girl

Shel: What is the CA125 measuring? I only know it as a marker for ovarian cancer. Yet, I see that alot of women here on the boards get this tumor marker drawn. Speaking of tumor markers, they are so unreliable - but I would be hitting the walls anyways if mine were elevated.

Denise:

Marsha: OK all the anguish is over. RADS will go fast and we will help you through them every step of the way.

Liz: Hahahahahaha. I loved Bugs Bunny

Shokk: The cop story is hilarious. My only problem is that I do speed!

Beth: Cautiously optomistic is good. I remember I layed like a frog for 6 weeks. Im a side sleeper and that was the hardest thing for me. Make sure you are taking some Zinc. That helps build the immune system. Regarding insurance. All I can say is that they suck! Glad you were smart enough to get samples.

Anne and Deb - A big hello to both of you.

Janny Jan Jan: You cant have your cheese and eat it too. If you stick with south beach, you will lower your cholesterol. But if you dont - then at least eat mozzarella or ricotta cheese. Im telling you, the walking is doing more than the diet.

Jankay: A big hello to you.

Pam: I remember your post from last year about your son. This is not an easy time. Just know we are with you at this most difficult time.

Vickie: Geez - we say hello and goodbye. I write your name down and never take notes lol.

OK! 3 glasss of wine, time to go watch some TV. To everyone I missed, please know that I really do care about ya.

See you in the morning

Nicki
  • Biker54
    Biker54 Member Posts: 1,042
    edited June 2007
    Good evening all!!

It's Thursday. One day closer to Friday! After a Martini and a glass of wine, feelin' no pain!!!

Sheri, try not to worry. I know it's hard, but everything will be okay.

Liz, congrats! That's a cool car! Enjoy it.

Nicki, oh geez, I really do try to eat low fat cheese. I love Mozzarella. I found a low fat version from Boarshead, that is really good. The trouble is, my whole diet is pretty much fat-free. I never eat a lot of carbs. We usually have chicken and a veggie. No side dishes. I do cheat once in a while, but all in all, my diet is pretty good. My problem is portion control. I live with all men! 'nuff said!! .

Not much going on here in my end of the circle. The weather is really cold???????? My pool is not fit to enter. They are calling for warmer weather this weekend, but I don't think it is enough time to warm up the pool.

Talk to everyone later! If I didn't call you by name, please don't think I'm not thinking of you. It's a combo of chemo brain and Martini brain. Deadly !
  • jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited June 2007
    hello cgs it took a while for my arms to start working but they finally did. I cooked supper and cleamed up the kitchen. pretty good for aR ms that dont work.
    if anyone has noticed i havent posted any jokes lately. one of my jokes offended someone, so now i am hesitant to post them.
    see u later alligator
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited June 2007

You are very welcome Puppy. I've been worried about you. Love, Marsha

• newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited June 2007
    sweet sisters,
    walking the perimeter...slowly and carefully...tired as ususal. I am soo sick of being tired! Wondering if its the Tamoxifen. I so hate taking it and think I would rather have an ooph or Zolodex shots and Arimedex.

Gonna pop in and give out Pam a warm hug and tuck her in...sprinkle some fairy dust over her for sweet dreams. We will keep you in our thoughts tomorrow and keep you on your feet...come here if you need us.

Gina...did you get any results yet...worried about you!

Sheri...WHT...geez are they ever gonna give you a break...here's a Xanex lollipop just for you so you can get some sleep. Do I need to bring tissues too or are the allergies better.

Hmmm...Nickster is already sleeping so I'll just tuck her in, leaving her toes out so I can tweak them in the morning and wake her up. Turning off the television on my way out.

Shel is working so I'll just leave her a note...of course you deserve an afghan you silly girl you! Don't you know we love you! You should by now...gonna have to give you a shake to make you see it I do believe LOL.

Stopping to see Jankay and hear a joke or two. I love your jokes and don't care if someone was offended. I don't know that I have ever been offended by one of them and if I were I would simply ignore it. Tucking you in so you can wake me up in the morning. I plan on staying up a little later than usual so I can crochet and watch a movie so I may need the trumpet!

Tucking in Colleen and Kevin...they've been so busy lately. What a great team they are.

Sending prayer as I go by Anne and Kevins wagon. Always in my thoughts.

Oh my...Denise's wagon is filled with balloons, cakes, party favors, silly string, colored lights...this must be one big birthday bash! Hope it was a great one and you have a wonderful evening...don't forget the curfew. Christine seems to have forgot the curfew and she never came back!

Jan is having a cold spell on her end of the circle so I'm gonna cover her up really well and light the fireplace in her wagon before I leave. Didn't know you had a fireplace did ya...surprise surprise.

Have to pop in and hug our Puppy. Love ya and sweet dreams to you tonight.

Anne is having hot fudge sundaes so I'm gonna hang out here for a bit...I'm a sucker for ice cream. So happy to have you back amoung us again.

Climbing into Debs cozy wagon and curling up with a book of her poems for a bit. What a wonderful poem you wrote. I love it. I love to read (as you know) and would love to read anything you write. Kinda comfy here in your clean kitchen...got any hot chocolate? Have you seen your baby moose lately?

Now I'm off to check on Beth. Think I'll take her some extra pillows so maybe she can find a comfy position to sleep in. I always slept on my stomach and it was months before I could...thought I'd go crazy. Hugs to you...gentle ones. Glad that PICC line is gone...now if we could kick the fever and Ringo you'd be set to go!

Marsha has a beer tap...gotta check this out LOL. I would love to hear what your doctors had to say about you in the evenings. You must have made for some interesting dinner conversation!

Stopping to give my pal Madison a hug...did you all see her beautiful picture on the afghan thread! Wow...she is a doll...just wonderful! Hope you're feeling better tonight. Love ya.

Jas seems to be missing tonight...bet she's with Cheri...I'll go check it out.

Cheri pal...hmmm...doesn't seem to be in her wagon and it looks like all the blue drinks are gone...must be in Arkansas at Jas's house tonight...I can't make it tonight...too tired. See you in the morning sweet lady.

Robin...where are you...did you hid your wagon again or did I overlook it?

Susan...MIA...what's up with you sweet smiling lady. I don't think I've seen you lately.

Gotta give a holler to Jeannie...glad your home again. Are you wiped out from your trip. Send pics any time and I will post them for you. Hugs to you...did you miss all your babies while you were gone?

I hear singing from Margarets wagon but I won't repeat it and drive you all crazy again. Good night Margaret and sweet dreams.

Hmmm...someone touched the oscar mayer weiner but can't remember who...LOL.

Shokk's wagon is quiet tonight. Gonna have to get her one of those bumper stickers so she doesn't get pulled over. What an experience. I always speed...heehee. I hate driving...I just want to get where I'm going and get back home as quick as possible.

ok...missin many...so sorry...just gotta get back to crocheting as I'm getting behind and feeling mighty guilty. At least all the yard work is done so I don't have that to worry about now, the pool is up and almost full so I should have a little free time on my hands evenings.
    Love you all...
    Vickie
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited June 2007
    I tried to read but so many posts today and I'm just beat. Skimmed the posts but didn't take notes. Do remember some things.
    First thanks to all about responding to my rad oncs comment. Sometimes I wonder if these people have any clue about what they do to us mentally sometimes when they throw us a curve ball. I mean geees these people work with cancer patients all day. Why don't they get it!!!!!!!
    Puppy - so sorry about your SIL
    Shel's getting an afghan! yippeee. Yes you do deserve it.
    (((Pam)))) wish I could ease your pain. Extra prayers for you tonight.
    (((Sheri))) - oh wow, don't new worries just stink. Prayers for you too tonight.
    Marsha and Sheri - July 1st! I think I can do that day! OK now I'm excited. I'll PM you in the next day or 2 for details. Wow a chance to meet a couple circle girls. How great is that!!!!!
    Hugs to all. Need to get my poor old weary bod to bed. Haven't been sleeping well with my guys gone. It's catching up.
    Sleep tight and sweet dreams sisters.
    Sue
  • karen1956
    karen1956 Member Posts: 4,604
    edited June 2007
    Good evening CG's
    Hot day here in the Rockies and getting hotter - going ot be 90 on Saturday. I like the sun, but when it is in the 70's.
    Jankay - glad your son could get the scooter up and running.
    Tracey - hapy to hear the new job is good. How are the kids?
    Shel - yes you do deserve the afghan. Hope it makes it way to you soon. congrats on DD 8th grade graduation. Keep us posted on your test results.
    Vickie - thanks for the all around update. I am happy to be off the Tamox - 6 days now. Don't know what I'll do about the AI's if I'll try them again. Guess its wait and see what the onc says tomorrow. Even if I do go back on the AI's, I want a break, especially with my vacation coming up. I think DH would have a coronary if I went back on them and felt lousy on our trip - will write more about the trip as it gets closer.
    Nicki - wow - the presentation sounds great. Glad it went well.
    Puppy - I am so sorry about your SIL. HUGS.
    Marsha - we will be with you as you start rads.
    Shokk - enjoy your college DD. Mine does not like coming home and tries to stay at school as much as she can. she is going to summer school again this year - sure hurts my pocket book.
    Beth - hope you are feeling better soon. I was always a stomach sleeper before BC. Had to sleep on my back. Since the exchange surgery, I've been able to sleep on my stomach again, but often find myself on my back. I propped myself up with a couple of pillows after mastectomy.
    Deb - beautiful poem. I guess we will all have to juswait till your other poems are published and then get an autographed copy.
    Pam - sending hugs and sympathies on your son. I can't even imagine what it feels like to loose your child. Please cherish your memories. HUGS.
    Sherndon - sending hugs that your blood work is all okay.
    Liz - enjoy your new car. I've seen the Mazda 3 and it is cute.
    Where are Robin, Cheri, Z, Jan, Shirley (is she on vac), Lini, Odayls, Tricia? Hugs to you all and hello to Tgirl, Anne,Madison. I know I have left some sisters off, but not on purpose, just having a memory problem - you are in my heart, but the brain isn't there- its absent. Sending wishes for a good friday. I will try posting tomorrow after my onc appt. If not, will post sometime after Shabbat. Hugs from Denver, Karen
  • MargaretB
    MargaretB Member Posts: 771
    edited June 2007
    I'm waiting for hubby to come home and thought I'd hop on and say hi.

Beth, oh my. I never realized how lucky I am with my insurance. The most I have ever paid for a prescription is $35 but usually it's $10, and if I get a mail order prescription, it's $10 for three months.

Shel, you definitely deserve an afghan.

Hi Shokk.

Marsha, my hubby would die laughing if I got that bumper sticker!

Anne, I don't mind broccoli but if it's too soft I can't eat it (and he cooks it too soft, sort of like limp asparagus). I love brocolli with a cheese sauce but he would have a caniption if I made a cheese sauce - we're supposed to be watching what we eat......you know how that goes.

Deb, how much money do you want to spend? I got my hubby golf shirts.

Pam, you are in the inner circle; you could use a (((((((hug))))))).

Liz, have fun driving the new car.

Nicki, it's all over the news. The director of the hospital (or whatever his title is) was let go over an unrelated incident but even more apalling was the second 911 operator and his attitude. Read the story: http://www.jems.com/news/289151/

Ooops, back later; dinner.

Margaret
  • Tricia
    Tricia Member Posts: 103
    edited June 2007
    Evening ladies,

Denise, I hope the perfect job falls in your lap.

Karen, I'm glad the car problem wasn't serious. That makes sense for your daughter to register in Chigaco so they don't keep after her.

Amy, what a relief to hear your Dad is doing better.

Jeanie, your Alaska vacation sounds wonderful. That is so cool that the ship did On Decks for The Cure!

Peggy, beautiful pics!!!

Madison, how wonderful that you have a normal uterus. That sounds like a good reason to celebrate, but I'm easy.

Odalys, you are so right. Thank you for the loving kick in the butt. Hugs to you.

Beth, I am still chuckling over wet boy smell. I love the bow on the tp. glad you are making progress, even though it is slooooowwwww.

shokk, I am cracking up visualizing your low speed chase.

shel, so good to see you. You obviously do deserve an afghan!

Deb, I loved your poem. I love the images you painted with words.

Puppy, I am so sorry about your SIL.

Pam, it breaks my heart to hear you feel you failed your child. Hugs to you.

Sheri, new dishwasher, YAY. I hope the hemoglobin thing turns out ok.

Liz, congrats to you on the new to you car.

I haven't completely caught up on today's posts, but I wanted to get this posted.
    Not meaning to ignore anyone.

I worked for a few hours this morning, and it was all good. I got some things accomplished, got lots of love and support, and really enjoyed being with my work peeps. When I started feeling my butt dragging, I came home.
    I am scheduled for an MRI for my back in the morning. I'm pretty sure it will be the same issue as it was 7 years ago, problems with 3 discs, but it will be good to know for sure, and see if anything can be done.
    I had an appointment for tomorrow aft. to see the phys. asst at the ps office to see about getting the drain out, but I called to see about re-scheduling since I am draining too much. It is so far to drive just to be told not yet. Of course if they want me to come in anyway, I will.
    I have an appt Monday with the onc surgeon. Wonder if he would take the drain out - probably not since I think the ps actually put it in. I bet they are possessive about their drains.
    Love you all.

Tricia
  • suzfive
    suzfive Member Posts: 126
    edited June 2007
    Good evening ladies,

(((((Pam))))) sending hugs and prayers your way.

Tricia - good luck with your MRI tomorrow. Can't remember if it was you who could not find a comfortable position to sleep after surgery or not - but that can aggravate back problems. Agree with you on not wanting to know the SEs - I started taking Arimidex first of August and did not know about the SE until I found this site in October and went to the Hormone Therapy Thread. I did have some of them - but they were mild and I just tried to ignore them and push through - so far so good. I don't know if this has really helped - I may be just really lucky to have found one I can tolerate the first time.

Deb - you are definitely a very talented writer - loved the poem - you should win the contest.

Sheri - I have a similar problem but not with my hemoglobin - my red cell count is low. I have to make an appointment with my PCP and will discuss it with her. Onc did not say anything about it other than it takes some people longer for their bone marrow to recover and some people have a "new normal". The worrier in me wants to see what the PCP has to say. Yay for the new dishwasher.

Nicki - glad your presentation went well.

Puppy - so sorry about your SIL.

Jankay - glad your son was able to fix your scooter and I loved your jokes.

Shel - so glad you are getting an afghan.

Shokk - you will love St. Augustine - really beautiful and steeped in history. Loved your slow chase story. I also have a dd who comes home from college and thinks we are doing everything all wrong - geez! Only took a couple of weeks to straighten her out LOL.

Amy - how is your dad doing?

Karen - Hope you can stay off the tamox/AI until after your vacation - you deserve a break. Glad your car problems were not serious.

Vickie - hope you get your insurance straightened out - don't need that stress.

It is way past my bedtime and chemo brain is setting in big time - I have copied and gone back and read and still don't remember much. My computer is in my 10 yo ds room so have the lights off so no note taking tonight. Know that I think about all of you even if I don't name everyone all the time.

Hugs to all,
    Suz
  • christineK
    christineK Member Posts: 735
    edited June 2007
    Oh My CGs
    Have been missing ya'll. Busy with graduations and bday parties, not complaining!
    Shel- you deserve more than an afghan, you deserve a rich guy that will take yo away from you job, so you can come to Pinkstck, if he's not available, please try to work it out, somehow. We'd have a hoot!
    Great news out there for Robin TN, woo hoo!
    Deb - you should be published every where! Love your poem. Will you do a reading for us at Pinkstock? Please!
    Puppy- sorry about SIL. Sometimes, like for me, with no sisters, there are like our sisters.
    Nicki- glad to see you are sounding like you feel better, hope so!
    susanmcm- says she has been busy and trying to work, but in two days we'll be together, post pics ASAP!
    MB- CAN NOT WAIT!
    Hugs-
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited June 2007
    I wasn't on here until a little while ago. I've shared my computer with Amber. She has a brand new laptop but we have Backwoods Dial-Up so we can't use them at the same time. Anyway, I lost a post and i'd like to say it was a long, thought provoking, interesting post and I'd addressed each person but that would be a lie. I did lose a post but it was sort of a recap and I didn't take any notes but it's still aggravating. I hate this keyboard on my lap.

I'm not going into all that again. I'll just wish all a restful night. Prayers for those that are ill and their loved ones.

pals
    cheri
  • jankay
    edited June 2007
    I SM HAVING A LATE NIGHT. THE KIDS ARE ON THE COMPUTER DURING THE DAY SO IT IS EASIER FOR ME TO USE IT AFTER THEY GO TO BED. MY MIND IS RACING AND MY FINGERS CANT KEEP UP!
    TOMORROW JACOB WILL BE 19 YEARS OLD. BOY DO I FEEL OLD! IF MY SISTER WERE HERE SHE WOULD SAY U ARE.
    DENISE I AM GLAD U HAD A HAPPY BIRTHDAY. U SHOULD GO OUT MORE OFTEN.
    PAM I HOPE U HAVE A BETTER DAY TOMORROW. IF U DONT WE WILL BE HERE.
    SHEL YOU DESERVE AN AFGHAN SO U MIGHT AS WELL GET USED TO IT. I AM GOING TO SEE IF I CAN FIND A JOKE TO END WITH. BE BACK IN A FEW
  • jankay
    edited June 2007
    i swear i corrected the mistake above
    computer must not have liked it lol
  • jankay
    edited June 2007
    HOW IS THIS?Just in case you weren't feeling "too" old today, this will certainly change things.

The people who started university this year across the nation were born in 1988.

Star Wars is older than them.

Their lifetime has always included AIDS.

Bottle caps have always been screw off and plastic.

They have always had an answering machine.

They cannot fathom not having a remote control.

They have always had CDs, never records.

Popcorn has always been cooked in the microwave.

They never took a swim and thought about Jaws.

They can't imagine what hard contact lenses are.

They don't know who Mork was or where he was from.

They do not care who shot J. R. and have no idea who J. R. even was.

McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.

They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter.

Do you feel old yet? (Sorry) Pass this on to the other old fogies on your list. Notice the larger type, that's for those of you who have trouble reading.

Save the earth. It's the only planet with chocolate J
  • jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited July 2008

Hmmm...Jankay I went back and tried to find the offensive joke. The last two were cute. I liked the one about the wife packing the pj's in the fishing box and the cookies.

• joy1122
    joy1122 Member Posts: 189
    edited June 2007
    Good Morning CG's and Happy Friday! I have alot to read so I will post again tonight. It's off to work for me. I have to get in erly today. Since I won't be there next week I have to get everything in order.

Take Care,
    Joyce
  • jankay
    edited June 2007
    believe it or not
    it was the cookie joke
    have made peace w/person now
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2007

Good Morning Everyone: I am so glad its Friday. Seems to have been a rather long week. I cant believe its June 15th - which means half of June is gone already!

Jan: I have issues with portion control too. Even when Im full, if it tastes good, I want more. My cholesterol is high and I have to take Lipitor. My PCP believes its heredity (of course) and I produce my own. Both my parents were born in a small little town in Italy and I do believe they passed along the goofiest genes.

Jankay: first of all I just spent 20 minutes trying to find the cookie joke. I sure hope it wasnt a circle girl who got upset - cause this is always a safe place to come. Anyways, I sort of smiled. Think I'll keep that recipe and try it when the weather isnt so warm. Im not much for baking during the summer. Oh wait a minute! Im not good at cooking at all. Guess Ill give the recipe to my DH. Comedy is a funny thing. It makes me laugh to the point that my eyes tear and my stomach hurts. Now that a good healthy laugh. If someone gets offended, just move on - I say keep those jokes coming.

Vickie: Tired is my middle name.

Sue?Boo: I think radiologists are the most pompous asses of all doctors. Somewhere along the way -they lose reality with life in general. Hope you got a good nights sleep.

Karen: Good luck with your onc appointment today. Hope you have a list of questions. Hoping someone is going with you too - just to reaffirm you heard everything the onc said. I sure hope you can take a break from any of the above mentioned medications so you can enjoy your vacation.

MargaretB: What an awful story. Actually criminal! That family should take legal action, not only against the hospital, but the entire ER staff. And give me a break with the 911 dispatcher getting a written counselling. Hmmm seems to me like that is means for immediate termination. I was a patient in ER and in my earlier days, I worked in ER. I hated being a patient. In fact I will never go back to that hospital. They treated me different when they heard I had bc. Heads should roll with this one instead of a simple slap on the hand.

Tricia: Good luck with your MRI today. Cant imagine having to deal with back issues while recovering from surgery. My PS was very possessive about the drains. Just hoping it can come out soon. I felt so much better after my drain came out.

Suz: I believe that knowledge is power, but sometimes - your better off not knowing all the side effects. Glad your symptoms are mild.

Christine: Good to hear from you and thanks for the update on Susan. Have been missing both of you.

Jankay: You feel old? My son will be 40 this coming October. Now thats old.

Joyce: Good morning and hope you have a good day at work.

Well, time to take my dog for a walk before I get ready to shower. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.

Nicki
  • jankay
    edited June 2007
    morning everyone
    blowing trumpet for vicki
    tweaking nickis toes
  • jankay
    edited June 2007
    THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE HELPFUL

> 1. Reheat Pizza> Heat up leftover pizza in a nonstick skillet on top of the stove , set> heat to med-low and heat till warm. This keeps the crust crispy. No> soggy micro pizza. I saw this on the cooking channel and it really> works.>>

2. Easy Deviled Eggs> Put cooked egg yolks in a zip lock bag. Seal , mash till they are all> broken up. Add remainder of ingredients , reseal , keep mashing it up> mixing thoroughly , cut the tip of the baggy , squeeze mixture into egg.> Just throw bag away when done easy clean up.>>

3. Expanding Frosting> When you buy a container of cake frosting from the store , whip it with> your mixer for a few minutes. You can double it in size. You get to> frost more cake/cupcakes with the same amount. You also eat less> sugar and calories per serving.>>

4. Reheating refrigerated bread> To warm biscuits , pancakes , or muffins that were refrigerated , place> them in a microwave with a cup of water. The increased moisture will> keep the food moist and help it reheat faster.>>

5. Newspaper weeds away> Start putting in your plants, work the nutrients in your soil. Wet> newspapers put layers around the plants overlapping as you go cover with> mulch and forget about weeds. Weeds will get through some gardening> plastic they will not get through wet newspapers..>>

6 Broken Glass> Use a wet cotton ball or Q-tip to pick up the small shards of glass> you can't see easily.>>

> 7. No More Mosquitoes> Place a dryer sheet in your pocket. It will keep the mosquitoes away.>>

8. Squirrel Away!> To keep squirrels from eating your plants sprinkle your plants with> cayenne pepper. The cayenne pepper doesn't hurt the plant and the> squirrels won't come near it.>>

9. Flexible vacuum> To get something out of a heat register or under the fridge add an> empty paper towel roll or empty gift wrap roll to your vacuum. It can be> bent or flattened to get in narrow openings.>>>

10. Reducing Static Cling> Pin a small safety pin to the seam of your slip and you will not have a> clingy skirt or dress. Same thing works with slacks that cling when> wearing panty hose. Place pin in seam of slacks and -- ta da! -- static> is gone.>>

11. Measuring Cups> Before you pour sticky substances into a measuring cup, fill with hot> water. Dump out the hot water, but don't dry cup. Next, add your> ingredient, such as peanut butter, and watch how easily it comes right> out.>>

12. Foggy Windshield?> Hate foggy windshields? Buy a chalkboard eraser and keep it in the> glove box of your car. When the windows f og, rub with the eraser! Works> better than a cloth!>>

13. Reopening envelope> If you seal an envelope and then realize you forgot to include> something inside , just place your sealed envelope in the freezer for an> hour or two. Viola! It unseals easily>>

14. Conditioner> Use your hair conditioner to shave your legs. It's a lot cheaper than> shaving cream and leaves your legs really smooth. It's also a great way> to use up the conditioner you bought but didn't like when you tried it> in your hair...>>

15. Goodbye Fruit Flies> To get rid of pesky fruit flies , take a small glass fill it 1/2" with> Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 drops of dish washing liquid , mix> well. You will find those flies drawn to the cup and gone forever!>>

16. Get Rid of Ants> Put small piles of cornmeal where you see ants. They eat it , take> it "home", can't digest it so it kills them. It may take a week or so,> especially if it rains , but it works & you don't have the worry about> pets or small children being harmed!>>

17. INFO ABOUT CLOTHES DRYERS> The heating unit went out on my dryer! The gentleman that fixes things> around the house for us told us that he wanted to show us something> and he went over to the dryer and pulled out the lint filter. It was > clean.> (I always clean the lint from the filter after every load clothes.) He > told> us that he wanted to show us something; he took the filter over to the> sink, ran hot water over it. The lint filter is made of a mesh material -> I'm sure you know what your dryer's lint filter looks like.>> WELL...the hot water just sat on top of the mesh! It didn't go through> it at all! He told us that dryer sheets cause a film over that mesh> that's what burns out the heating unit. You can't SEE the film , but> it's there. It's what is in the dryer sheets to make your clothes soft> and static free - that nice fragrance too, you know how they can feel> waxy when you take them out of the box, well this stuff builds up on> your clothes and on your lint screen This is also what causes dryer> units to catch fire and potentially burn your house down with it! He> said the best way to keep your dryer working for a very long time> (and to keep your electric bill lower) is to take that filter out and wash> it with hot soapy water and an old toothbrush (or other brush) at least> every six months. He said that makes the life of the dryer at least twice> as long!> How about that!?! Learn something new everyday! I certainly didn't know> dryer sheets would do that. So , I thought I'd share!>> Note: I went to my dryer and tested my screen by running water on it. The> water ran through a little bit but mostly collected all the water in the> mesh> screen. I washed it with warm soapy water and a nylon brush & I had it> done in 30 seconds. Then when I rinsed it the water ran right Thru the> screen! There wasn't any puddling at all! That repairman knew what> he was talking about!>> PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO OTHER PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK. NOT ONLY COULD> IT SAVE SOMEONE'S HOME , BUT IT COULD SAVE SOMEONE'S LIFE.>>>
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited June 2007
    And thank God its Friday!!! So tired I couldn't take another day.
    Good morning Jankay...as you can see I overslept a bit again. I'm at the point that I just don't care LOL. Happy birthday to Jacob.
    Good morning to Nicki and Joyce...you all beat me this morning.
    Christine as returned...way past her curfew. We thought you had taken your date and eloped. We've missed you (in case you hadn't noticed).
    Pam...sending you lots of warm thoughts and hugs today.
    Oh crap...just checked the calendar and its Fosamax Friday...shoot. Don't forget ladies!
    Tricia...hope you get your drains out. I can't believe you went to work! Hope that they can do something for your back...one more thing you shouldn't have to deal with.
    Suz...no luck with the insurance yet. Having quite a time with this one.
    Gotta run...another day, another fifty cents.
    Hope you all have a grand day...say a prayer that I get this stupid house closing done today! What a run around that has been...nothing seems to come easy. I really need it to go through so I can pay some bills!! YIKES.
    Love ya all
    Vickie
  • jankay
    edited June 2007
    no vicki it wasnt a circle girl
    and i am like u i just like the recipe.
    anybody who would buy a recipe is bonkers anyway
  • jankay
    edited June 2007
    excuse me that was nicki
    my fingers arent awake yet
  • BRSTN
    BRSTN Member Posts: 165
    edited June 2007
    Good morning everyone,

Fossilmax Friday!!!!!

I had most of one cup of coffee down the hatch when my Fossilmax Friday reminder came up. Yikes...guess I'm a Sat. gal this week.

Have to get ready for work. I love you all. I'm not going to try and catch up.

Hugs,

Betty
  • [Deleted User]
    edited June 2007
    Good Morning Jankay and Vickie. We truely are the Sunshine Sisters.

Vickie: So what is the insurance disputing about RAD's? Maybe you need the doctor to write a letter for you.

OK - off and running.

Nicki
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 1,233
    edited June 2007
    Jankay, why don't you post your funies in the Humor forum? I was never offehliewher you I fuess it was a bit much to let soneoned. I like geting the funies if you'l PM me with your email address and we can share our fulnies back and forth. I'm sory you can't post them ehere anymore.

something is wrong with my keyboard. I can't backspace but once to correct a mistake. I have lots of typos that I acan't correct now. I hope you got what I said up there about PM'ing me with your email address and we can exchange funny stuff. I like getting them and sending them.

I agree with Jazz, I've never read anything ofensive in your jokes either. but things like that hapen sometimes
  • jankay
    edited June 2007
    FRIENDS" VS. "SOUTHERN" FRIENDS

FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
    SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Always bring the food.

FRIENDS: Will say "hello".
    SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Will give you a big hug and a kiss.

FRIENDS: Call your parents Mr. and Mrs.
    SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Call your parents Mom and Dad

FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.
    SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Cry with you.

FRIENDS: Will eat at your dinner table and leave.
    SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Will spend hours there, talking,
    Laughing, and just being together.

FRIENDS: Know a few things about you.
    SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Could write a book with direct quotes
    From you.

FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that's what the crowd Is doing.
    SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Will kick the whole crowds' back-ends
    That left you.

FRIENDS: Would knock on your door.
    SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Walk right in and say, "I'm home!"

FRIENDS: Are for a while.
    SOUTHREN FRIENDS: Are for life.

FRIENDS: Might ignore this.
    SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Will forward this to all their
    Southern Friends!
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited June 2007
    Jankay, please please keep your funnies coming! I remember the cookie joke but can't for the life of me imagine it was offensive?? It was a recipe for goodness sake. Very funny, someone paid $250 and now we all can bake their "special" recipe! Oh and BTW the mosquita (sp?) and dryer sheet does work.

Anne your DH is my kind of thinker, hot/cold=hot fudge sundae!

Sheri, don't panic on the hemoglobin. Let's just concentrate on your vacation instead (easier said than done I know)

Boo/Sue, speaking of Sheri's trip, WOOHOO can't wait to meet you too! Blew rinks all around as Cheri would say.

And speaking of Cheri, once again, all I will say is FUNNY. Ass/class hahaha

Liz, I love the mazda 3, I bet you look like a million driving that around!!

Nicki, that peeing on the cactus had me ROTFLMAOPIMP. now that is something to say ouch about!

Jan, are sure you weren't drinking Duck Fartini's? Hope your back is feeling better.

Tricia, yes I think our docs are protective of their own work. Don't blame you for not making the drive. You can tell when it is starting to stop drain. Glad to hear you felt up to a few hours of work.

Christine, good to see you, I don't remember hearing about your date????????????????? Inquiring minds want to know, especially the juicy details.

Vickie, sent a little shout up to God to get that closing on the table. As I do that for a living, I'm use to title company delays. SOOOO frustrating.

Good morning to all, it's Friday, WooHoo. Love, Marsha
  • jankay
    edited June 2007
    marsha
    i will try to be more careful in my jokes
    if my audience wants the jokes i will post