Donate to Breastcancer.org when you checkout at Walgreens in October. Learn more about our Walgreens collaboration.
Join us for a Special Meetup: The Benefits of Exercise for Anyone With Breast Cancer, Oct. 16, 2024 at 2pm ET. Learn more and register here.

TIME TO CIRCLE THE WAGONS GIRLS

Comments

• jankay
    jankay Member Posts: 789
    edited July 2007
    GOOD MORNING PETER, ALWAYS AND LISA
    I ENJOYED MY SISTERS VISIT VERY MUCH BUT, DO WORRY ABOUT HER LEAVIING TODAY WITH ALL THE ALERTS THEY HAVE OUT .
    BETH-I AM DOING THE HAPPY DAnCE . I AM SO GLAD YOUR SEPARATION FROM RINGO FINALLY APPROVED. JESSICA IS IN HER FIRST PARADE TODAY SO SHE IS EXCITED. I WILL BE HERE BY MYSELF , THERE ISNT ENOUGH ROOM FOR WHEELCHAIR AND PEOPLE.
  • jankay
    edited July 2007
    I DECIDED TO SPLIT MY POSTS SINCE THE MONSTER WAS HUNGRY.
    Z-IT WAS GOOD TO HEAR YOUR VOICE. ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT U ARE AS BEAUTIFUL ON THE OUTSIDE AS YOU ARE ON THE INSIDE AND I CAN PICTURE HOW BEAUTIFUL U LOOKED IN THOSE DRESSES. TAKE CARE MY FRIEND WHILE U ARE TAKING CARE OF THE STRIKER.
    CY AND PUPPY AND MENA U HAVE MY LOVE AND SUPPORT
    JANICE
  • Peter
    Peter Member Posts: 297
    edited July 2007

Post deleted by Peterj

• jasmine
    jasmine Member Posts: 773
    edited May 2008
    G'night Peter. Sleep well.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited July 2007
  • jankay
    edited July 2007
    gm nicki

where are u vicki
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited July 2007

Good morning all!
    Good night Peter, we'll take over from here and let you get some much needed rest to chase the headache away.
    Good morning Jasmine...Happy Fourth to you! I love the picture.
    Good morning Jankay...do we have a cyber monster that needs to go to the deliverance tent? I would make sure there was room for you with your wheelchair by golly! Hugs to you and talk to you later.
    Lisa and Betty were up really early! My goodness ladies, you have more energy than I do! Have a great day!
    Nickster...wake up buttercup...time to rise and shine.
    Cheri pal...where are you hiding? Gonna find me some firecrackers to wake you up with heehee.
    Z...great words...you sound much stronger, good for you.
    Angel...you are so welcome...it was Sarah's all time favorite and she still loves it today.
    Shokk...now look...I spent two hours sitting beside the road for our grand adventure...are you waterlogged? Sending you a hug and a prayer for a sunny day.
    Liz...praying for some sunshine for you too.
    Beth...ohhh...gotta have the happy dance for the end of Ringo
    dontcha all just love this guy!
    Miss Marsha...hmmm...what's up with you my dear...haven't seen you and we will have to send out a posse soon. Jankay has a pretty fast scooter ya know.
    Madison...hugs and a wonderful day to you sweet crochet pal of mine.
    Iris...you have quite a memory...love your posts...love ya!
    CY, Puppy and Mena...hugs to you and lotsa prayers.
    Gotta jump in the shower as we are supposed to be going to the parade in Candor...really cloudy and sprinkling so I think I'll check the weather first.
    WHOA...just checked the weather and we may not be going to the parade after all...things are not lookin good here today. Strong thunderstoms with large hail, lightning, wind...yadayadayada...same old same old. Nothing like you other girls are getting as we aren't getting any rain out of these storms.
    I'll catch up later...have a wonderful day all and have a peaceful night sleep Peter...
    love and hugs
    Vickie
  • Boo46
    Boo46 Member Posts: 261
    edited July 2007
    Happy 4th to everyone!!!!!!
    Hugs,
    Sue
  • cmb35
    cmb35 Member Posts: 554
    edited July 2007
    Happy 4th everyone!

Vickie - hope the weather improves so you can make it to the parade. I loved the pictures of you and Nate - that was so nice of your sis to do that. I have millions of pictures of Warren, but very few of Warren and I (no one to take the picture, as I'm sure you know first hand yourself!) and I cherish the ones I do have. Anyway, the pictures are beautiful, Nate is gorgeous and so are you!

Love to all - Amy to Z (or should it be Adrionna to Z? even though Adrionna's name is really Denise? LOL)
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2007

Good Morning Everyone! Yes indeed, I slept in late. Realized I was up 3 hours later than I usually am. Im just gonna relax most of the day.

Shokk: I love the idea of the RV express. We surely could have so much fun. And now you did. I want to go out and buy a box of chocolates. I havent had chocolate candy in such along time.

Colleen: Glad you had a nice time on your vacation, despite the rain. My friend just came back from the Bahamas and said it rained 3 of the 5 days she was there. Talking about hurtful statements from others. I was walking home from the 7-11 yesterday and 3 young kids riding their bikes. Probably 7th or 8th graders. Said hey look she looks like "old lady owens." Then made other remarks loud enough for me to hear and just laughed and laughed making fun of me. I wanted to shake their shoulders and say stop it. So I came home in tears, myhusband said whats the matter and I said I look like old lady owens. Of course he didnt know what I was talking about.

iris: thanks for the update on Cheryl. I was wondering how she was doing with the move. Hoping you are gonna have a nice day today.

Puppy nice RV.

Vickie: great pictures.

Denise: I laughed my arse off at the Zebra picture. Too funny.

Peter: I need some strong coffee myself this morning.

Tracey: Where is our snowmen in thongs? Must be busy, busy, busy with her new job. I sure do miss you around here.

Beth: Glad the drain is gone

Tricia: I hear the Beatles Cirque Show is great. Reno and LasVegas are 2 of my favorite places to go.

Charlene: You can count me in as someone who wont be going anywhere this year. Took time off and just staying home. Would loved to have gone to Florida - but financially Im still in a mess from all my bc treatment over the last 2 years. But hey, Im making fun outta this time off even if Im not going anywhere.

Peter: OMG - that litle piggy ws hilarious. Made me laugh out loud. And then realized, laughing hard made my headache worse. Yes - heavy duty partying last night.

My poor dog, who is in his routine for his monring walk has a bit of a shock today. Im going back to bed.

Hello to everyone I may have missed.

Nicki
  • suzfive
    suzfive Member Posts: 126
    edited July 2007
    Happy Fourth of July Everyone,

Just stopping in quick to say hi. Took me over an hour to read all the posts (that is without taking notes) - now have to eat some breakfast and head to the gym. It has been so dry here for the past few weeks and then yesterday we got thunderstorms just in time for the fireworks. They had to delay them a bit but still were able to put them on. After the gym we will head to our little village parade weather permitting (very cloudy right now). Tonight we will go to our village fireworks display if the weather holds.

Denise - the picture of the zebra was hilarious. That is so cool that you can get so close.

Vickie - beautiful pictures of you and Nate.

Shirley - watched the national weather yesterday and geez it is hot by you.

Margaret - OMG - glad he is your ex too!

Nicki - have a good time relaxing.

Shokk - what is it about dd coming home from college and causing us stress. Stress is the last thing we need.

Charlene - I remember duct taping some of my kids diapers -only way to keep them on! Fortunately, by the time they are able to pull them off they are close to being ready to be out of them.

Beth - Yippee! Good riddance to Ringo. The raspberry Smirnoffs sounds yummy.

Peter - sweet dreams to you. Hope your headache is better. I think the fish are smarter than we think.

Z- good to hear from you. You are beautiful. Did I read right - you are going on strike?

Jankay - praying for safe travel for your sis. Hugs to you.

Iris - how are the renovations coming?

CY, Mena, Puppy, Gina - Hugs to all of you.

Marsha and Cheri - where are you?

Running out of time - need to take my meds and eat some breakfast.

Hugs to all from A to Z.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 471
    edited July 2007
  • Odalys
    Odalys Member Posts: 929
    edited July 2007

Wishing everyone a pain free and happy holiday. What is everyone doing today? Hopefully you are all off and can spend time with family and friends.

So sorry Mena, Puppy, and Gina are having a tuff time. I pray God sheds his healing light on you soon. You all deserve a break from this hideous disease. (((((hugs)))))

I'm really out of the loop. Sorry I've missed so much. It sounds like Marsha, Sue, Boo, Vickie, and Debbie had a good time this month. Great! We all need a break from bc.

Nicki - 7th and 8th graders can be so cruel. Don't mind them, what do they know??? I know what you mean about the DON position...lots of stress!!! I am learning to delegate and not take on more than my fair share. I also now have a secretary, first time ever! I need to learn to accept secretarial help. LOL! At first secretary wanted to know if I would bring my own secretary. She did not believe me when I told her I've never had a secretary before. Remember the movie "Working Girl?" I sure feel like Melanie now. This is an awsome opportunity for me, one I don't want to pass.

Vickie - I want to see the pictures of you and Nate. Do you remember what page they are on?

I know I have missed a lot but you are all in my thoughts and prayers.
    Sending love to all from A to Z.
  • marshakb
    marshakb Member Posts: 796
    edited July 2007
    Hey Hey Hey Suz, I'm here! I have been here reading the last few days but mainly posting with my chemo/rads ladies. Man my chest is fried! At first is just looked kinda tan and then this week......... Saw med onc yesterday and have been released for 3 months! Yippee He said the port could come out anytime and then we discussed my concerns with the remaining breast and I'm gonna get the port and lonely headlight taken out/off after rads are over.

Tricia, have a grand time on vacation. You really deserve some fun time away!

No Charlene, you are not the only one NOT vacationing this summer. I had thought about going to Pinkstock and then had to start these rads. My mom just surprised me with $500 in the mail for no apparent reason other than she thought I needed cheering up. Thinking about a couple of days on the beach (sitting in the shade!) drinking pina colodas. LOL

Denise LOVED you photos! What fun you had. Why was there not a pic of ;you???

Vickie you and Nate are so cute together. What great pics! ARe you barBQueing today?

Colleen, I shopped in the girls dept many times then they opened up that shop called 5, 7, 9 Shop and they carried size 0, 1, and 3 also. I weighed 98 lbs most of my adult life. EVERYONE assumes you diet or are anorxic. Very annoying. I tried like crazy to put on weight. Then when I turned 35 I went off the pill and on the depo shot and bang, instant weight gain (30 lbs!) I now hover around 112 but I am only 5'4".

Happy 4th everyone, BBL........ From Amy to Z, love ya, Marsha

PS It about killed me to NOT tell Sheri about her afghan!!
  • beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited July 2007

Happy July 4th! It is so wonderful to remember how lucky we are to have the freedom in our country to be individuals. So many have fougth so hard over the past 230+ years to preserve those freedoms. Remember, it is "We the People". Our neighbors either went yesterday or are going today to see James Earl Jones at the Constitution Center in Philly and he is reading the Declaration. It has to be so moving to hear that basso profundo voice!

Love you all and remember, the gang over in Britain doesn't celebrate this holiday 'cause they lost that one, LOL. That is a paraphrase from a British comic I heard a long time ago.
  • PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited July 2007
  • PuppyFive
    PuppyFive Member Posts: 539
    edited July 2007

"I LOVE YOU ROCKY"
    Momma
  • Odalys
    edited July 2007

Beth - I agree, we are so lucky. Every year on this day I count my blessings cause I remember what it was like to live under a communist regime...no rights, and no freedom. We are truly blessed.

• beth1225
    beth1225 Member Posts: 402
    edited July 2007
    Toby Keith has said it so well in his song, "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue(The Angry American).
    This is for Puppy, Anne and the rest of us who have or had a loved one in this awful conflict. Our neighbor came home last year after serving in the Reserves missing his left eye. His brother went over too and is MIA since February. May the rest of our soldiers come home in one piece and have all of our love and support:

American Girls and American Guys
    We'll always stand up and salute
    We'll always recognize
    When we see Old Glory Flying
    There's a lot of men dead
    So we can sleep in peace at night
    When we lay down our head

My daddy served in the army
    Where he lost his right eye
    But he flew a flag out in our yard
    Until the day that he died
    He wanted my mother, my brother, my sister and me
    To grow up and live happy
    In the land of the free.

Now this nation that I love
    Has fallen under attack
    A mighty sucker punch came flyin' in
    From somewhere in the back
    Soon as we could see clearly
    Through our big black eye
    Man, we lit up your world
    Like the 4th of July

Hey Uncle Sam
    Put your name at the top of his list
    And the Statue of Liberty
    Started shakin' her fist
    And the eagle will fly
    Man, it's gonna be hell
    When you hear Mother Freedom
    Start ringin' her bell
    And it feels like the whole wide world is raining down on you
    Brought to you Courtesy of the Red White and Blue

Justice will be served
    And the battle will rage
    This big dog will fight
    When you rattle his cage
    And you'll be sorry that you messed with
    The U.S. of A.
    'Cause we'll put a boot in your ass
    It's the American way

Hey Uncle Sam
    Put your name at the top of his list
    And the Statue of Liberty
    Started shakin' her fist
    And the eagle will fly
    Man, it's gonna be hell
    When you hear Mother Freedom
    Start ringin' her bell
    And it feels like the whole wide world is raining down on you
    Brought to you Courtesy of the Red White and Blue
  • sherloc
    sherloc Member Posts: 893
    edited July 2007
    Good Morning Dear ladies. And Happy Evening to you Peter. Happy 4th of July to one and all. Nothing planned for me today. Hubby went back to work. Can't even go work out cause Curves is closed today. So when I am done here I will go work in the yard for a bit before the heat sets in. And then probably just sit in front of the tube all day.

Z good to see you. And good to see you have got your umph back.

Peter, wetaher in my neck of the woods is same as it always is. Hot as hades in the summer.
    As for getting in trouble. I have tried and tried to tell folks I have an evil twin but no one believes me.
    PS I knew you knew I knew. hahahahahahhahah

Beautiful pic Jaz.

Vicki, have fun today in spite of the storm.

Hi Boo and Colleen, have a happy day.

Nicki, your on vacation. Your supposed to sleep in. Or at least spend a good part of the morning in bed asleep or not.
    I'm sorry about the nasty kids. I hope the one thing I taught my kids was kindness.

Suz, why yes, yes it is......quite normal tho. No fireworks for us. To hot and dry. Burn ban usually goes into effect beginning of June.

Odalys, a secretary? how cool is that.

Marsha, I loved loved loved 5-7-9 when I was a teen.
    Seems I need to make a visit to the picture thread.

Good morning Puppy.

Off to the yard. Have a simply fatabulous day one and all. If you are going to a picnic please eat some fried chicken for me. O and tater salad. I love tater salad. Be careful if you are playing with your own fireworks. Say oooo and aaaaa for me if you go to see some.
    Love you all to bits.
  • SheriH
    SheriH Member Posts: 472
    edited July 2007
    I'm baaaccckkk! What a wonderful vacation we had. There is so much I want to say, but my 15 year old son, Joe, is breathing down my neck. I guess we all have a lot to catch up on.

First of all, I am determined to read (or at least skim) all the posts I missed. I'm on page 574, so I'll catch up more later. A couple of things caught my eye, so I wanted to mention them, even though they occurred a week ago.

Gina--I just laughed so hard at the comment on no hair on your legs. That just struck me as so funny. I guess I didn't realize until I went through chemo how you do lose hair "everywhere". Not shaving was definitely a positive side effect. The "privates" were a little surprising, though.

LisaE, I also wanted to respond to you since I, too, had to quit herceptin early. I wasn't as knowledgeable about things then as I kind of am now, so I'm not sure exactly why, just that I was having heart and lung issues. I was in the hospital for 10 days with pneumonia, so the onc said, "no more!" I've heard it mentioned that there is a good chance that whatever you had will help. I am better, too, so there is definitely hope that you will recover.

Marsha, Sue/Boo and I had a blast. I don't know what they posted, if anything, I'm not there yet, but I wanted to say they are the coolest people! It was like a reunion with my bestest friends, we just "clicked" and talked for about 5 or 6 hours non stop. I didn't realize how late it was when they left! They left some nice snacks, the cheesecake was soooo good! I hope to meet more of my friends in person. Amy, I'm coming down in October to 'bama. Any way I could swing by your farm sometime and see your critters? I'd love to see you again, too.

More later, but I love you guys, missed you terribly and absolutely adore my afghan!
  • jankay
    edited July 2007

z want to meet in chat?

• Madison
    Madison Member Posts: 859
    edited July 2007
    Happy 4th of July to everyone
    Thank you all for remembering our military and their families. As the mother of an Air Force Daughter, who serves so PROUDLY, I am always humbled by the love expressed to them. Please know that our military men and women do hear and feel the wonderful support given to them.

Today is hubby's birthday...so I'm gonna frost his cake and spend some time with him

Have a great day everyone

Hugs from A to Z

Puppy, thank you for your post....it is beautiful..
    and one my daughter has forwarded to me via e-mail...
    I love you Mary....and am so proud of your service to our country....
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008
    Well, just sitting here relaxing. Working on squares while I watch a Jim Carrey movie. That guy is just too silly for words.

Nickie -- big hugs. Kids are stupid and they were boys to boot...throw rocks at them. Little twerps! You are beautiful and who the heck is old lady owen anyway?? As for the hairstyling issue and the bubble look. I bet if you found a good hairstylist who could add some nice layers, it would look gorgeous. The trick is finding a good stylist though.

Vickie -- it was so nice to have you back during the day! We miss you when you aren't posting. Those pics of you and Nate are adorable. Love the hair!

Jankay -- hope you are having a nice peaceful day. Sorry you can't go to the parade. That just doesn't seem fair.

Boo/Sue -- best wishes on the 'quit smoking' thing. You are strong and will make it this time. Hugs.

Madison -- as usual you created another beautiful afgan of hugs. The afgans you and Vickie put together for us are simply gorgeous.

Angel -- good morning to you. I hope you have a fantabulous day with your family.

Shirley -- hard to believe you could get yourself in trouble. You are so diplomatic, I've never seen you post an angry post. Swinging a pick axe, huh? I see you are trying to bulk up for pinkstock so the rest of us will look downright flabby. LOL!

Colleen -- happy to hear that you and Warren enjoyed your trip!

Robin -- please keep us updated on how you are doing with the knee and shoulder. Time to get these things taken care of.

Shokk -- hang in there. Better times are just around the corner. You are strong. Have you considered requiring your oldest to get some type of couseling to deal with her anger issues? Hitting is never appropriate. I'm not sure why people think that is an okay thing to do. The RV idea is wonderful -- now that is my idea of camping out!

Liz -- I hear you on the wallpaper. The last place I lived had wallpaper and the people did not prime the wall properly before gluing it on. Needless to say it turned into a big mess...had to repair some of the drywall in spots. I hate wallpaper.

Theresa -- I hope you are enjoying your quiet time but I know you miss your fellas when they are gone too.

Deb -- I don't read the comics. Don't even get a newspaper anymore. Read all my news online now. I hate getting all that ink on my fingers and on the furniture. Good riddance to paper news.

Iris -- thanks for the update on Cherryl. What do you have planned for today? I hope you have a great 4th!

Denise -- love the zebra pic. I may have to pilfer it! Too cute. You guys are very courageous to leave your windows down.

Beth -- glad you got the last drain out. You sure had it a loooong time. I would have been up the wall if I had to keep it that long.

Tricia -- Hi and have a nice safe trip to Reno.

Ms Z -- sorry the negotiations aren't going as well as you hoped. You are sounding strong and that is wonderful. Look forward to more of your writings soon. Hugs.

Lisa -- hello and have a great day today.

Hi Betty. Lovely pic.

Odalys -- good for you on learning to delegate. That should help alot. They say the secret to being a good leader is to surround yourself with good well qualified people and then let them do what they do best.

Puppy -- great pics

Sheri!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay ...you are back! You were truly missed but the pics Marsha posted looks like you had a marvelous time.

Giving a shout out to Mena, Tracey (Snowmen in Thongs) and Cheri. Cheri -- where are you? We sure do miss you when you aren't here.
  • Odalys
    edited July 2007
  • nosurrender
    nosurrender Member Posts: 737
    edited July 2007
    HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
    He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
    He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.
    He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
    He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
    He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.
    He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.
    He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.
    He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
    He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.
    He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.
    He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.
    He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:
    For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:
    For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:
    For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:
    For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:
    For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
    For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences
    For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:
    For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:
    For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.
    He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.
    He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.
    He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.
    He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.
    He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our Brittish brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Georgia:
    Button Gwinnett
    Lyman Hall
    George Walton

North Carolina:
    William Hooper
    Joseph Hewes
    John Penn

South Carolina:
    Edward Rutledge
    Thomas Heyward, Jr.
    Thomas Lynch, Jr.
    Arthur Middleton

Massachusetts:
    John Hancock

Maryland:
    Samuel Chase
    William Paca
    Thomas Stone
    Charles Carroll of Carrollton

Virginia:
    George Wythe
    Richard Henry Lee
    Thomas Jefferson
    Benjamin Harrison
    Thomas Nelson, Jr.
    Francis Lightfoot Lee
    Carter Braxton

Pennsylvania:
    Robert Morris
    Benjamin Rush
    Benjamin Franklin
    John Morton
    George Clymer
    James Smith
    George Taylor
    James Wilson
    George Ross

Delaware:
    Caesar Rodney
    George Read
    Thomas McKean

New York:
    William Floyd
    Philip Livingston
    Francis Lewis
    Lewis Morris

New Jersey:
    Richard Stockton
    John Witherspoon
    Francis Hopkinson
    John Hart
    Abraham Clark

New Hampshire:
    Josiah Bartlett
    William Whipple

Massachusetts:
    Samuel Adams
    John Adams
    Robert Treat Paine
    Elbridge Gerry

Rhode Island:
    Stephen Hopkins
    William Ellery

Connecticut:
    Roger Sherman
    Samuel Huntington
    William Williams
    Oliver Wolcott

New Hampshire:
    Matthew Thornton
  • neesie
    neesie Member Posts: 1,110
    edited April 2008
    Hello to all!!!!

I've realized that I can't leave for a few days and catch up, soooooooo from now on I'm just staying home with my friends!!

From A to Z.......love ya, miss ya and hope all is well!

Vickie: Loved the pics of fireworks and of you and Nate! HMMMM...........you're single, our new brother is single.....Fireworks going off..............PLEEZZZZZZ let me play matchmaker!!

Beth: One more Ex down the toilet.........glad you finally did the split with Ringo....He was getting on my nerves and he wasn't even clinging to my every move!

Marsha: Released for 3 months!! Are you done, or is it a vacation? You've decided to have the lonely headlight zapped, eh? Good for you! Loved the pics of you and Sheri and Sue!!!! Looks and sounds like you had a great time!

Sheri: You're back!!!! Wrapped up in your hugaghan? I'm so glad you had a great trip and I'm glad your surprise was there when you got home!

Margaret: Flying to LA to look at a car! Hope it's what you want.........if not, you had a nice, short flight! Yuk, I think your ex just won the absolute worst person. Thankfully, he is where he belongs.

Trisha: Taking off for Reno! Have a wonderful trip and enjoy the show! Glad you are doing so good! An inspiration for all!

Charlene: Love hearing about your little ones!! You sound very chipper..........see, we told you that we'd take good care of you!

Shokk, Jasmine and Madison: Still dodging storms. My goodness.....I think of you everytime I watch the news.

Z: You've got your spunk back!!! Beautifully said and with the exception of the strike........things sound good for you!

Suz: I sure hope we get to meet Sunday!!!! I've got your numbers and you've got mine.........have a safe trip to Michigan and I'm looking forward to our "meet and greet!" I love meeting our 'circle family' in person!!

Lisa: We are going to AZ in Nov. for my Son's wedding. My DD is determined (even at 7 1/2 months pregnant by then) that we are all going to San Diego after the wedding. The Zoo and Sea World. Don't have details worked out yet, but it sure would be nice to catch up with you for a few hours!!

JanKay: Glad you had a nice visit with Sister, and I hope you got the Caregiver thing taken care of. I see the Cyber Monster was out eating posts this morning! That guy is so irritating. But I did laugh at Alwayshopes BELCH!

Peter: The Fishes Fault! Yup, them dang fisheys do it everytime!! You have caught on to all of our names and what nots so fast!! Glad to have you standing around us at night! I tried to get a picture of a Kangaroo at the Zoo on Monday..It wasn't loose and wouldn't cooperate when I was taking the pic.....to interested in laying on the other side sleeping!
    Glad you are feeling better cuz it sounds like the low voices and tylenol have to hop over to Nicki today!

Nicki: Enjoying vacation a bit to much, eh? Promise to talk quiet to you today and Peter is sending the Tylenol. Kids can be so rude...........I don't know Old Lady Owens, but I'm gonna look for her, cuz I just know that she is really a middle aged beautiful woman..........just like you!

Colleen: So glad you and Warren had a good trip, even if it did rain alot! I think I saw that you are leaving again....where are you headed?

Vickie: I just love the Happy Dance Fella!!!!!!!!!!!!

Puppy, Mena and Gina: Thinking of you and hoping someone will let me know how all of you are doing.

Pam: I got a pic of the tattoo that I talked about earlier. This one is off of my Nephews leg....My son is coming home in August, and I'm going to try and get his taken too. Then I'll send them to you!

Shokk: I know you are having troubles, but I don't really know what is going on. I do know that I want to be on the RV with all of you!!

Robin: Hey Martha! Have you stepped away from the cleaning supplies yet?

Dryer beeped, sheet is dry so I'll be back. FYI....800TC sheets for King Size Bed aren't a good thing. They are so heavy when they are wet that I can't wash the fitted and flat together cuz it take about 2 1/2 hours for them to dry!

Hugs,
    Denise
  • newvickie
    newvickie Member Posts: 2,941
    edited July 2007
    ahhh...back from the soggy parade LOL. It was nice. Lots of veterans, lots of tractors, firefighters, ambulances, floats. The theme this year was "holidays" and it was a riot. Had a float that was decorated like Christmas, one that was halloween, Easter etc. My favorite two were the Madis Gras Float and the First Day of Deer Season Float. Madi Gras float was very nice with great music...they put a lot of work into it. The deer season float was hilarious, men in camo running around the float with guns, a tree stand set up on one side of the float and people dressed in deer costumes on the other side shooting at the hunters...
    Denise...pppfffttt...playing matchmaker huh! Poor Peter! That would be a truly long distance relationship LOL.
    Marsha...it's about time you popped back in...wondered what happened to ya! Sorry you are burning. I did too and hated it. If it gets too bad ask for the Silvadene Creme...it is the best!!! Cool, wet washcloths help too. Sending a gentle hug.
    Shokk...looks like we are all waitin for you to pick us up so we can escape LOL.
    Robin...where are you today? I surely hope you aren't still cleaning!
    Colleen...thanks...its really hard to get pictures of me and Nate together when it's just the two of us. Next time you and Warren are out just grab the first pleasant looking person you see and get them to snap a few pics for you. It always works LOL.
    Odalys...hmmm...the pics are on page 590.
    Madison...happy birthday to dear hubby. Have fun!
    shoot...company here...bbl...love ya all
    Vickie
  • [Deleted User]
    edited July 2007
    Beth - Wow, pretty good song.

Our Freedom comes at a cost.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TFs8wTK2tfg
  • jasmine
    edited May 2008

aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh! I have another lizard in the house.....I really hate that!