Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Lets conduct our own study on how we all got breast cancer

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 344
    edited November 2007
    Options

But I loved Ovaltine.  Still do, but I don't have any.  No, it CAN'T be the Ovaltine!

Shirley

• Jenniferz
    Jenniferz Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2007
    Options

I ate Twinkies....ever wonder about the shelf life of those things/??  Ahh, Twinkies in the morning......maybe one after lunch.

Now, here in the south, they fry them---ew.  But, ladies.....it had to be the twinkies...and Barbie Dolls!

Jennifer

• Jenniferz
    Jenniferz Member Posts: 25
    edited November 2007
    Options

Oh wait---what about Pop Rocks????

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Member Posts: 2,728
    edited November 2007
    Options

Red and black licorice.  What a deal.  2 for a penny.

Nicki

• JapanLynn
    JapanLynn Member Posts: 211
    edited November 2007
    Options

I'm sure it was Fizzies.  Anybody remember them?  Just like Alka-Seltzer, but not quite as tasty. 

Can't believe I liked those nasty things.

Lynn

• honeygirl
    honeygirl Member Posts: 136
    edited November 2007
    Options

You guys are hysterical!!! I can't stop laughing. Although , I am alittle perplexed. I did eat the red wax lips and the little waxed bottles , but for some reason , I never had a barbie doll!! I had just about every facsmile there was , including tressy Ravdeb , I also had betty's beauty parlor and suzie smart. Maybe mine is barbie envy. Although , I am now wondering about lightening bugs!! All summer long , we would catch them , put'em in jars and smear the glowing bug butt on each other. I'm doomed... Wait ,  Maybe it was the  go-go boots!?!

• honeygirl
    edited November 2007
    Options

Love this thread gsg. Thanks

• mke
    mke Member Posts: 20
    edited November 2007
    Options

Easy bake ovens?  Or maybe it wasn't the DDT, maybe BC is a virus carried by mosquitos.  Who here hasn't been bitten?

• DoreenF
    DoreenF Member Posts: 59
    edited November 2007
    Options

yeah ... easy bake ovens ... probably the "stuff" that was in those cakes and other things we baked in the easy bake ovens ...  

how' bout TV dinners ...  maybe it was caused by those ?? we didn't eat them very often -  but they have to be included in the suspect list.  

how 'bout the candy necklaces ???   anyone ever wear one of those ... and eat them - they just kept getting smaller and smaller ...  

koolaid ????   we drank LOTs of that when I was growing up ...  must have been some bad chemicals in the koolaid....   

I love this thread ...  I laugh every time I come to read more...  GSG: thanks for starting this "study" !!

Doreen  

• geebung
    geebung Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2007
    Options

Love all these causes and laughing so hard at the moment. I used to pretend I was a dog and eat dog biscuits, a horse/sheep/cow and eat grass and sometimes I'd sneak into my father's veg garden and nibble at the cabbages - I was a rabbit then! So mine was probably caused by having an overactive imagination.

gb 

• geebung
    geebung Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2007
    Options

Oh, and as for the barbie connection - I used to stick pins in my barbie doll's bottom! (I think it was a reaction to being in hospital when I was 4 and having needles every day I was there).

gb 

• myrenewal
    myrenewal Member Posts: 19
    edited November 2007
    Options

I am very suspicious of the can of bacon grease kept on my parent's kitchen counter.  They would actually put some in a frying pan and fry eggs in the stuff for breakfast.  And baste the eggs with the melted grease to make sure none escaped.  AND then we would have bacon with it.  AND buttered toast.  AND we actually liked it!  (And weirdly enough - no one in our family was fat.)

I just realized - I hung tapestries in my bedroom and burned incense all the time.  And I dared to hang posters that weren't politically correct that my parents hated. They always said I would pay!  It had to be that.

OMG!  And I had a barbie and a chatty kathy.  And candy necklaces, red wax lips and wax soda bottles.  And braces.  And I made out in high school, alot!  And I used dippity doo.  What have we done to ourselves??!

• gsg
    gsg Member Posts: 1,700
    edited November 2007
    Options

i didn't have a barbie dream house, so I made a "mod" apartment for my barbie & midge dolls using items scavanged from around the house. 

table leaf = floor

camera = television

bandaid box = refrigerator 

my dad's plastic athletic cup = swivel chair

you should have heard my mom when she saw the "chair."  she washed my hands until they damn near bled.  as far as i know, dad still has two intact cancer-free "boys", so i'm ruling out the athletic cup as the cause of my breast cancer.

• gsg
    edited November 2007
    Options
    btw...you girls are cracking me up!
  • gsg
    edited November 2007
    Options
    i'm placing kleenex under the umbrella of suspicion.  i used to stuff my bra with it.
  • twink
    twink Member Posts: 550
    edited November 2007
    Options
    OMG...I just fell off the kitchen chair.  I wrote Mrs. So-and-so on my notebook over and over and over again.... is that why I got BC?  I can't believe this hasn't come up....
  • twink
    twink Member Posts: 550
    edited November 2007
    Options

okay, okay...I think I've got it...

I chewed the wax lips and swallowed that gunk.

• LisaSDCA
    LisaSDCA Member Posts: 178
    edited November 2007
    Options

gsg quoth:

"my dad's plastic athletic cup = swivel chair"

Okay - this one finally made me lose it!

You are such a hoot! I can't believe you were this crazy as a little girl too!Laughing

Lisa

who must confess that she wrote Mrs. M----- St. C---- all over her notebook too, until it changed to Mrs. B--- B------

• binney4
    binney4 Member Posts: 1,466
    edited November 2007
    Options

It doesn't matter WHAT we ate -- it's the fact that we ate it on those folding metal TV trays while watching "Kukla, Fran and Ollie". (Hmmmm...was that just a Chicago thing?) Well, maybe it was "77 Sunset Strip."

Binney 

• althea
    althea Member Posts: 506
    edited November 2007
    Options

All right ladies, I'm debunking the Barbie theory right now.  Never had a barbie and didn't care for dolls at all.  I did like stuffed animals though. 

It must be the wax lips.  LOL   

• JoyRebecca
    JoyRebecca Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2007
    Options

I've narrowed it down to that poster of Pat Boone I used to kiss. Or maybe the tissue that I stuffed my bras with.

• JoyRebecca
    JoyRebecca Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2007
    Options

Hahahahahahahahahaha....athletic cup for a swivel chair.....hahahahaha

• Cynthia1962
    Cynthia1962 Member Posts: 236
    edited November 2007
    Options

Ahhhh, the aroma of paper fresh off a ditto machine....  I loved that smell, and kind of miss it.  lol  It smelled too wonderful to not be bad for us.

Cynthia 

• iodine
    iodine Member Posts: 869
    edited November 2007
    Options

Nah, I've narrowed it down to the frustration of necking and petting and STOPPING!!!!!!!!(always said I was born too soon for the sexual revolution!)

That has to be the one thing we all have in common!! 

Ok, maybe swallowing gum, too.  And maybe smelling the ink from the memo. machine.

• itslisalouwho
    itslisalouwho Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2007
    Options

I think it was the big ole pom poms that we wore on our roller skates.

I refuse to blame the perfect Barbie for any of it.

• Diana63
    Diana63 Member Posts: 57
    edited November 2007
    Options

This cracked me up, you ladies are just to much. I know what caused my cancer now, it was tube tops & Bonnie Bell lip balm. Laughing

• ravdeb
    ravdeb Member Posts: 277
    edited November 2007
    Options

The mimeograph paper mixed in with the rubber cement I had in my desk in school and made balls out of them and bounced them around the classroom..I believe that did it.

I'm wondering if the fact that I was not allowed to have a Ken doll to go with my Barbie Bubble hair do doll is the reason....

And doing jumping jacks in gym class with a training bra and my overdeveloped "girls" in 4th grade is a "for sure" cause.

• Rosemary44
    Rosemary44 Member Posts: 272
    edited November 2007
    Options

Sitting too close to the TV, everyone knows that.  We were the first generation to fry our pending boobs.  I use to watch the test pattern.   But then again, it could have been french fries, being left-handed, I'm not, but that doesn't matter.  Or not being left handed.  And I still have a Barbie in my house! It came over one day with my Granddaughter and never went home.

• gsg
    edited November 2007
    Options

Dotti:

I think I can safely speak for most of us who came of age in the '70s that the frustration of  necking and petting and STOPPING didn't cause our breast cancer.  Yeah...we're gonna have to lay that theory to rest.

• honeygirl
    edited November 2007
    Options

Athletic cup = swivel chair = Priceless!!!