Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

I WANT MY MOJO BACK!

Comments

• jdash
    jdash Member Posts: 54
    edited August 2007

incoqnito i agree and thanks for the advice i didnt think i would get it back but i did! i didnt have sex the entire year of my tx = now it all seems to be working again came back slowly but its back- met a great guy who is great lover which obviously didnt hurt but also stimulating myself during intercourse works and my guy enjoys it too

• FitChik
    FitChik Member Posts: 392
    edited August 2007
    jd...Excellent news and full of hope for so many of the women who come here for help with this issue! Thanks for posting....and ROCK ON!!!!

Marin
  • magsandmattsmom
    magsandmattsmom Member Posts: 43
    edited August 2007
    Is it bad that I keep checking FedX tracking to see where my "package" is?
  • tornadogirl
    tornadogirl Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2007

sorry, TMI

• tornadogirl
    tornadogirl Member Posts: 13
    edited August 2007

TMI

• FitChik
    edited August 2007
    Jill...I hope that your package has arrived..? Please let us know if you think you're getting your money's worth

Marin
  • magsandmattsmom
    edited August 2007
    OMG is all I'm gonna say.
  • whoopsiedoodles
    whoopsiedoodles Member Posts: 224
    edited August 2007
    Oh Jill, that just cracked me up! I take it your investment was a good one?
    Deb
  • magsandmattsmom
    edited August 2007
    Yes a very good investment.
  • FitChik
    edited August 2007
    Niiiiice! Just be sure to remember that you do have a husband though

Marin
  • Aerial
    Aerial Member Posts: 33
    edited August 2007
    Hi, ladies--The first 2 years after my surgery I had no libido at all. Thank Heaven I have a caring, patient husband! Finally, I was able to think of myself as a sexual being again and mentally I wanted to "give back" to my husband for all of the love he has shown me during our 20 years together. Our intimate times are enjoyable and I feel plenty of pleasure but, it seems to take an hour or more to reach orgasm. What's the deal?? I'm 54, is it just part of getting old? (I had my last period four years ago).

I'm open to any suggestions (I like a lubricant called liquid silk, I'm familiar with various vibrators and hubby is happy to try anything I enjoy...) It's weird to come so close but, not find uh, closure!

Thanks--Aerial
  • FitChik
    edited August 2007
    Aerial...Why don't you read the posts in the above pages on various toys, costumes and, of course, our communally esteemed Hitachi Magic Wand! Every household should have one!

Marin
  • BMD
    BMD Member Posts: 215
    edited August 2007

O.K. I am finally going to post here. Dh and I are trying to get our sex life back after the last year of basically none. I am on Femara and had an ooph in June. I used the Replense stuff for several days trying to get some moisture going. I finally braved the expected pain the other night. Last time I cried because it hurt so bad. We actually got off to a good start this time. I thought everything was going to be fine. Then the burning started. It didn't take long to feel like my insides were on fire. What is up with that?

• barbara913
    barbara913 Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2007
    same thing happens w/me. we use a lubricant, and i don't know if it is a combo of that and his ejaculate that make it burn, but i hate it and i'm 2 years post hysterectomy!!!
    i don't think it will ever be the same...
    barbara
  • KimOH
    KimOH Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2007

So Mena. . I'd like to know, (a newbie - started reading post this morning - and the responses were all so good, but I only got up to page 25, so forgive me if you already stated so. .. . did "YOU" ever get your MOJO back?

• FitChik
    edited August 2007
    I hope Mena stops by as she sometimes does. I believe that, when last heard from, she was doing pretty okay in that department..?

I just wanted to ask/suggest to those who get this burning and consider it possibly related to ejaculate, why don't you try using a condom? I know that HE might balk, but if its that or nothing...? And some of the new ones are pretty cool, with extra lube or mini vibrators. It could be an adventure!

Marin
  • BMD
    edited August 2007

He had not done that yet when I started burning. We kept adding more replens lube and it did not help. Had to finish up another way.

• FitChik
    edited August 2007
    Brenda...I'm sure you know this, but Replens is NOT a lubricant but, rather, a moisturizer. Is it possible that you "overdosed" on it and that caused the burning? My suggestion is for you to get a really good, long-lasting lubricant. There are tons of suggestions regarding these in previous pages, but maybe a K-Y product is a good one to try....like the new one, Intrigue, that's supposed to last for an extra long time..?

Marin
  • BMD
    edited August 2007

I used the Replens inserts and the lube is a Replens product. I have some K-Y. I tried that last time before I got the Replens inserts. It really hurt that time but I don't remember it burning. I shall try that. Thanks Marin.

• Chattypatti
    Chattypatti Member Posts: 17
    edited August 2007

Vulvodynia can cause burning, so be on the lookout for those symptoms (Google it.) That requires different treatment by a gyno. Lube won't help.

• leannem
    leannem Member Posts: 8
    edited August 2007
    Hi

Back again.... no good here either!! I am thinking that this whole zoladex crap just really takes the QOL away. I HATE it. I also get the intense burning but within SECONDS of penetration and I work myself up so much that I am practically crying BEFORE penetration takes place! I have tried replense, every lube under the sun, toys, etc. NOTHING. It is so painful I am just pretty much off sex and at 30 with a very sexual husband it does not make for a happy household no matter how patient and understanding he is.

I have bought it up with my onc numerous times only to be fobbed off. His attitude is that I have no active cancer and that is all that matters. Well of COURSE that is the most important thing but surely there is something else that can be done for the sex side of things???

help!

Leanne
    xoxo
  • barbara913
    barbara913 Member Posts: 9
    edited August 2007
    marin,
    my bf also suggested trying a condom... because that is when the burning happens... the "during" part isn't that comfortable either, but i tolerate it... and be assured, i (we) take care of me first
    thank heaven for vibrators!! i haven't had an orgasam during intercourse since my hysterectomy... and to think it used to be so easy...
    barbara
  • FitChik
    edited August 2007
    Leanne...I'm so sorry that you're having this issue to deal with. I can only suggest that you try whatever you haven't tried and be really slow and patient about getting there. Some of the posters here have recommended the Estring. Is it possible you'd be a candidate for that? And have you tried taking fish oil? I swear that my skin improved and I got moister in the "key area" after starting that supplement. Also, what about the K-Y Liquibeads that I & someone else mentioned a few pages back? Someone here tried that product with success, so maybe it would work for you too. And all lubes, as you probably know, aren't created equal, with some being thin and watery and others thick and more viscous. Obviously, the latter type would work better for dryness. Maybe some of you ladies reading this have some product suggestions for lubes?

Two final suggestions: get yourself to a good female GYN and forget about getting help & sympathy from your onc....they're in the cancer business and of course don't get too wrapped up in those "lesser" concerns. And then, just to keep the fires burning (and I'm sure you already do this), cultivate every sexual technique that doesn't involve intercourse and use them! Become an absolute pro! Maybe, then, your partner/husband won't mind foregoing the actual deed so much..? Please let us know how it goes...

Marin
  • BMD
    edited August 2007

I tried to find the K-Y Liquibeads at Target today but they do not have any. I have been taking fish oil for years so that has not helped. I will look up the vulvodynia thing chatty suggested. I just got a new gyn when I had my ooph. He seems very understand and concerned about my situation. He made some suggestions on my last visit but I have tried them. He told me to make another appointment if the replens and lubes did not help. I guess I will be seeing him again soon. I am not exactly comfortable talking to him about his though.

• FitChik
    edited August 2007
    Brenda...Check out the K-Y website for a coupon for Liquibeads and info about that super-lube, Intrigue:

http://www.ky.com/index_us.jsp?section=register#

And don't give up!

Marin
  • jaybird627
    jaybird627 Member Posts: 1,227
    edited August 2007
    I'm not having a problem now since I'm not taking any hormone depleting drugs but when I was on Tamoxifen I got VERY dry and my gyne recommended pure vitamine E oil which helped. I rubbed it around the vaginal opening twice a day. It comes in a glass bottle and can be found in most drug stores. It might help some of you not necessarily with the intercourse part but if it's 'moister' there to begin with it couldn't hurt.

Jaybird
  • FitChik
    edited August 2007
    Vitamin E oil seems to be a very versatile product! I use it on my scars and it's very effective in softening & fading them. I also use it when I get dry skin just about anywhere else, especially my elbows and heels. Great recommendation!

Marin
  • Sandra1957
    Sandra1957 Member Posts: 1,064
    edited August 2007
  • whoopsiedoodles
    whoopsiedoodles Member Posts: 224
    edited August 2007
    lini57,
    You are an awesome person to go to for reference, did you know that?

Deb
  • FitChik
    edited August 2007
    So here's an interesting tidbit...if any of you have been watching a new show on Lifetime called Side Order of Life, you'll have seen the main character's best friend, Vivi, receive a prescription for a dildo from her oncologist. She said that she needed the dildo instead of "just" a vibrator because during chemo she needed to keep "all of her parts" in shape. Niiiiiice! Chemo girls are finally getting recognition as more than just bald heads, huh?!

~Marin